Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Buying on ebay - take care
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 02:25 PM (707 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Before reading this please bare in mind I'm very fussy about the condition of the cards in our collection, they all have to be absolutely perfect. No scratches, bends, blemishes and the corners should be razor sharp!!

If you aren't so fussy then ebay is fine.

However if you are like me then you really need to take care when using ebay to purchase cards. Of the 10 or so cards I've bought through ebay either the cards or the packaging have been lacking in some form.

It is important to only use adverts which state explicitly that the cards are 'Mint' or 'Perfect' condition. Ideally the description will state the the corners are sharp. If the seller does not include this info then assume the opposite is true. I have purchased cards without this in the description and regretted it.

If the card you are purchasing is worth a fair amount (MOTM, LE's or 100 Clubs) then it is also worth contatcing the seller to enquire about packaging. I have had 3 Limited Editions sent to me in a plain white envelope no padding or anything to prevent damage! Of course they hadn't survived well after the Royal Mails 'delicate' handling. Nearly all the others sent we're sent in padded envelopes but had nothing to stop the envelopes from being bent or crushed.

I sell quite a few Match Attax items (Seller ID: Member63145) via ebay and all my items are Mint. I send everything in padded envelopes with the card in a protector sleeve & with a stiff peice of card to stop the card being bent in the mail. From my experience I'm in a minority of sellers that take this much care.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 09/10 · Next Topic »
Add Reply