Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your thoughts on the design of Match Attax England
Topic Started: Mar 30 2010, 12:44 PM (2,590 Views)
K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Personally I'm disappointed. I knew Topps had a challenge since they don't have the liscense to produce official cards of other teams at the World Cup. Headshots was a good idea as some of the cards look really good, but most don't look that great at all. I like the Beckham limited edition, thats a great headshot of him. However if you look at a Steven Gerrard limited edition, the picture of him looks like he saw a ghost or something. The only one worse so far is the John Terry 100 Club, he looks like he's been using some illegal drugs or something.

The design is kind of cool on the insert cards, I wonder how they would have looked if they were allowed to use full body shots. If this is the design they have upcoming for their new EPL product next season, I'm excited.

I have not see the whole set but what I've seen so far.... not impressed. Still going to go after a few cards from the set.
Edited by K-Schwein, Mar 30 2010, 12:52 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lmccagh
Luton 95
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
cool

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Check out here for some pictures of what the set looks like. I try to link photos from ebay but have not had any luck for some reason :(

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=attax+england+&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=attax+england+100&_osacat=0&bkBtn=
Posted Image

flea
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not liking them, not liking them at all
Looking for Kinkladze, Boban, Milan Preston North End

116 Succesful transactions on TCC
136 Succesful transactions on SCF

Rob PBS
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think it depends on the team... Some are really nice and others aren't.

I like the headshot idea, reminds me a little of football stickers.

The inserts are amazing though, love the black and white pics
Good Traders: Supersupercookie, bwfc123, Amoghmalhaar, gt6943, Nick 1998, Alexcollects (x2), Westernking, wdy11 (x2), JoelMangsa (x2), TraderLeon (x2), DanishCollector, Bigger Kid, Mariocamb13, CjChelsea (x3), Pnchocolates, MKDons2010, KingofMatchAttax, nffc are the best, K-Schwein

My Panini Wantlist

My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Feedback

thegreenster
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think TOPPS have started taking the Mick!
I think these cards with ALL the countries (apart from England) in plain t-shirts are Awful, really TERRIBLE!
AND terrible design of the same picture in the background - what were they thinking!!
I MADE Top Trumps better than this with ALL Accurate Career stats for 100+ players last time!!
(e-mail me if you'd like me to e-mail a sample - I did them on MS Excel for the neat boxes - They are better than they sound! Pre - Match Attax, more based on Top Trumps, but a good model i think). I think there is a gap in the market for Official cards with Career Stats on -
International APPs, International Goals, Club Apps, Club Goals, Age, Trophies, Previous Clubs, Flag of Country....

Having said all this, When anyone gets a spare BASE set of ENGLAND I will swop them for a Base set of England Panini Adrenalyn XL, and/or more Base Cards that you specifically request! (maybe a Base set of a different Country - Holland.....)

Hey-ho
The Joy of supporting Coventry City is the Surprising Wins!

Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They are OK. Does anyone know which LEs are where?
Lindy_loo2000 :}
Favourite PS3 games: Skate, Skate 2, FIFA, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and many more! :}
Favourite football teams: Burnley F.C, Liverpool, Blackpool!
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

i dont like the design either
its the design
its too coulorful and red uggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

i could probably make better cards lol

truly bad
just another reason to make money

they should cost less aswell
Edited by Tollyman, Mar 30 2010, 10:14 PM.
Quote Post Goto Top

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
thegreenster
Mar 30 2010, 05:38 PM
I think there is a gap in the market for Official cards with Career Stats on -
International APPs, International Goals, Club Apps, Club Goals, Age, Trophies, Previous Clubs, Flag of Country....
^ Couldn't agree more.

Call me old fashioned but I love cards with the classic player picture and statistics on the back.

Something like this Spanish Liga card:
Posted Image

Part of the reason why I somewhat like Mundicromo despite their terrible quality is that they have the classic statistics/info format that I like and the fact that I'm not thrilled by all these trading card games coming out lately.

-----------

As for these Match Attax England I can't say that I'm impressed, quite poor to be honest but then again I didn't expect much for the reasons mentioned above.

I'll look for the Mexico cards (assuming there are any) but probably nothing more.
Edited by Futbol_Cards, Mar 31 2010, 12:35 AM.

thegreenster
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Great post!
That card you posted was great! Who made that! We should Campaign and tell them they should do some for International Players!
The Joy of supporting Coventry City is the Surprising Wins!

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
That card was produced by Mundicromo of Spain and as you can see at the bottom, is from the 'Las Fichas de La Liga 2007' collection.

Rob PBS
101 Card
That's a nice cardback, but considering that these are games, you can't really have that on the backs.

If there was a standard card set, with stats and everything I'd certainly buy it.
Good Traders: Supersupercookie, bwfc123, Amoghmalhaar, gt6943, Nick 1998, Alexcollects (x2), Westernking, wdy11 (x2), JoelMangsa (x2), TraderLeon (x2), DanishCollector, Bigger Kid, Mariocamb13, CjChelsea (x3), Pnchocolates, MKDons2010, KingofMatchAttax, nffc are the best, K-Schwein

My Panini Wantlist

My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Feedback

supersupercookie
Member Avatar
100 Club
I agree with Futbol_Cards. Personally I prefer the trading cards as opposed to gaming cards. That said the England sereis is growing on me. I'd have liked the headshot as the smaller picture and a full body action shot as the larger one. I know this design is partially due to Topps not having the licence to the kits. Shame
I'll mock up a design of how they could have been and post it here when its done.

Also love the Legends cards Great to see a new card of Bobby Moore, Eusebio etc but again would have preffered the full body shots.
Lets hope they do these for the next series of Match Attax, wouldn't it be great to have a foil Cantona, Bergkamp or Dalgleish! I'm shaking at with exitement at the prospect... either that or too much coffee this morning!
Trusted Traders: Amoghmalhaar, Arsenalwon7, Bibster, bwfc123, gokurasu73, Kick!123, Nick1998, pnchocolates, Poolstar, Rob PBS, the silver fox

You can lave feedback from trades with me here: My feedback

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tbh, what is it about the stats on the back of cards which makes them so appealing? Or is it the fact that all the ones made in the past had them that everyone likes? Personally, I dont see the point. I think they are better left to the sticker series than on cards, because that way all the stats for a team can be viewed as a whole, if you're into that sort of thing.
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

supersupercookie
Member Avatar
100 Club
Its mainly if you're interested in a particular player or team. For instance as an Arsenal supporter I mainly collect Arsenal Cards and a set of Arsenal cards from a particular collection ie Premier Gold 07 can be seen as a full set. A sticker collection though it has the details and stats isn't complete unless you have all the stickers.
Trusted Traders: Amoghmalhaar, Arsenalwon7, Bibster, bwfc123, gokurasu73, Kick!123, Nick1998, pnchocolates, Poolstar, Rob PBS, the silver fox

Rob PBS
101 Card
supersupercookie
Apr 14 2010, 09:07 AM
Also love the Legends cards Great to see a new card of Bobby Moore, Eusebio etc but again would have preffered the full body shots.
Lets hope they do these for the next series of Match Attax, wouldn't it be great to have a foil Cantona, Bergkamp or Dalgleish! I'm shaking at with exitement at the prospect... either that or too much coffee this morning!
That would be immense, maybe 3 or 4 for each team.

Imagine Bergkamp, Wright, Adams & Seaman in a set?

Or Grobbellar, Rush, Dalglish & (I dunno) Emlyn Hughes or Graeme Souness

That would be incredible

My Panini Wantlist

My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Feedback

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
kenny daglish 101 card NICE!
Edited by ben9011, Apr 14 2010, 06:48 PM.
LFC 4 Eva
His armband proved he was a red suarez, suarez you'll never walk alone it said suarez,suarez he bought his band from from a lad in spain tall and blonde forgot his name luiz suarez liverpool's number 7
Xbox Live: oPeX QuAnTaM
Posted Image
Posted Image

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Shearer, ripley, hendry, flowers....awesome!

manutdmeg
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
There ok it looks the same to any other match attax but its ok

Rob PBS
101 Card
MasterOfMatchAttax
Apr 14 2010, 07:03 PM
Ripley? Not Sutton?

And if Hendry has his fantastic mullet, that'd be amazing
Edited by Rob PBS, Apr 14 2010, 08:11 PM.

My Panini Wantlist

My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Feedback

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
shankly manager legend card
LFC 4 Eva
His armband proved he was a red suarez, suarez you'll never walk alone it said suarez,suarez he bought his band from from a lad in spain tall and blonde forgot his name luiz suarez liverpool's number 7
Posted Image
Posted Image

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Rob PBS
Apr 14 2010, 08:11 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Ripley? Not Sutton?

LOL completely forgot!

the silver fox
100 Club
MasterOfMatchAttax
Apr 14 2010, 08:38 PM
Rob PBS
Apr 14 2010, 08:11 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Ripley? Not Sutton?

LOL completely forgot!
Surely you can't forget Simon Garner, a true Blackburn Legend.

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
no no no all WRONG! What About The true football GOD MR Alan Shearer
Edited by ben9011, Apr 14 2010, 08:50 PM.
LFC 4 Eva
Posted Image
Posted Image

supersupercookie
Member Avatar
100 Club
Here's my Bergkamp Legend card Bergkamp Legend Thread Still working on an England one

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
While we're off topic... Beckham 101
Posted Image

supersupercookie
Member Avatar
100 Club
Beckham it is! I'll see what I can do

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
You did a great job on that Bergkamp! Can't wait to see Beckham!
Posted Image

Rob PBS
101 Card
I'd like to see a Paul Scharner one when he played for Austria Vienna and wore a purple kit and had purple hair :)

(Sorry, very tired this morning and being a bit silly)
Edited by Rob PBS, Apr 15 2010, 07:20 AM.

My Panini Wantlist

My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Feedback

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
do an errrrrr rudd van nistroy 100 attak 52 defence
LFC 4 Eva
Posted Image
Posted Image

felipemful
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i think it is ok and it is also a great card with great design and great backs.......i like their scratchy texture too!
hi!im felipemful,a match attax collector and collect match attax cards!go to http://felipemful.webs.com
my youtube http://twitter.com/felipemful
Posted Image
felipemful(101)*****(101)match attax
-------------COLLECTOR------------------

MasterDJMatchatt4x
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
The hundred clubs are Casillas d100 a7 Terry d100 a40 C.Ronaldo d35 a100 and messi d101 a101

Legend 100 clubs Bobby Moore D100 A42 Maradona d69 a100 and pele d101 a101

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · World Cup 2010 Topps England Cards · Next Topic »
Add Reply