Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Question thread for May/June 2010; Best question wins a prize!
Topic Started: May 23 2010, 03:57 PM (3,408 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
PLEASE READ THE PINNED THREAD AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION

Please submit your questions to Topps on this thread.

The member entering the best question will win a full Match Attax England Base & Star Player Set including the Legend Base & Star Legend Cards, A binder will be included to keep them in.

Please remember not all questions will be submitted. Best 6 or so will be sent.

Thread will be closed & questions sent to Topps on the 11th June.

Questions only please.
Edited by Tollyman, May 23 2010, 04:43 PM.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Goto Top

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Hey Topps.
Will Match Attax Live be available on the mac soon?
Thanks!
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
lilly (top notch, gave me Bowyer MOTM out of kindness)
Blandy33 (gave me 4 MA codes out of generosity)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

lilly
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay here's my question for Topps.
Q. Have you ever had an angry Phone call or Email from a player who was unhappy with the Stats on his Match Attax card?
Trusted Traders
PNChocolates,Alexcollects,Danishcollector,Arsenal2000,Ethiophil,Broooce,Seb10,Josemini,Davidrod8,Matchattaxmad,cjchelsea,Arsenal101,Gabormadrid,
Blandy33,profeis,mrexplodeify,longlongago_08,Pricey249,Blizzard,Rollcollector,Jos Otvio, Paradogs77, Jayce 101,Val,papagali, Knight001, Lambokeenie,Futbol_Cards,JuveFC,Swapit,Pregra,Bakky,Sickone95,mufc17,Pedrelx,Joco,motorlux,bplsilva
Offline Profile Goto Top

Amoghmalhaar
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Hi Topps,
I have recently found out that you make numerous collections not only in the U.K. but in various countries in Europe & the U.S.A. My question is how do you manage to produce these brilliant collections in such a small amount of time?
Thanks
I am selling lots of Match Attax from all seasons except 07/08 Extra!

Also contact me if you are interested in Cricket Attax! :D

Offline Profile Goto Top

adz97
International Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
my question

hi topps when is the launch tour for match attax 10/11

Posted Image
Want Megacracks 10/11 and Megacracks 12/13
Offline Profile Goto Top

Victor Meldrew
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
Hi Topps,
Quite often the difference in a card not being classed as being in mint condition is due to its corners suffering slight damage. As this is the most vulnerable part of the Match Attax card, I would like to ask Topps whether cards with slightly rounded corners have ever been considered or suggested to help prevent this.
Thanks
Trusted Traders: Lindy_Loo2000, pnchocolates, AnythingHibbert33, Phild, Mariocamb13, Arsenal101, TAYLOR1248, l1sboa, matchattaxfan4, mufc17, Poolstar, gt6943, MasterOfMatchAttax, alanaman, jayce101, Macky17g, mrmatchattax, bibster, garners-great-deals2012
Favourite Team: Chelsea
Completed: Shoot Out 03/04, 04/05, 05/06 + Update, 06/07 + Update, Topps England 2002, 2005, Topps i-cards 06/07, World Cup/England 2006, Match Attax 07/08 + Extra, 08/09 + Extra, 09/10 + Extra, 2010 England + Legends, 10/11 + Extra, 11/12 + Extra + Championship, 2012 England + Ireland + Eurostars, 12/13 + Extra + SPL + Championship

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist
Offline Profile Goto Top

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
My Question: Will you ever have a swap & play tour or a launch tour in the U.A.E because that's where I live and lots of people collect it here?
Offline Profile Goto Top

MattieG7
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Topps,

How do you determine the stats on each card?
I am a very trusted trader
I am currently collecting these sets:

Match Attax 2009/2010 (I only need Mascherano Limited-Edition)
Adrenalyn XL World Cup 2010 Cards (I need 18 Champions)
Match Attax England World Cup 2010 Cards (I only need Barry & Walcott Lim-Eds)

Feel free to ask me any questions :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Another Question:
Why did you not make a Fans Favourite Type of Card for the 09/10 extra season?
Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterMujiOfMatchAttax10/11
101 101
hi topps, here are 3 questions for you...

why did u not make player of the month cards in the last 2 seasons?
why do u only do hat trick hero players for the extra set?
why did u stop making star players and changed them into i-cards?
Need fifa coins. PM Me
Offline Profile Goto Top

gentletouch
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
muji007
May 23 2010, 04:34 PM
hi topps, here are 3 questions for you...

why did u not make player of the month cards in the last 2 seasons?
why do u only do hat trick hero players for the extra set?
why did u stop making star players and changed them into i-cards?

My question is: Topps, when you took over from shootout the cost was 35p, you then upped it to 40p, and now 50p. I notice the cards are getting increasingly popular, is this the reason for the price addition or are the manufacturing costs getting more expensive with the quality of the cards increasing?

Thanks.
Edited by Tollyman, May 23 2010, 04:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

andymac
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Question: What is the rarest Limited Edition Card Topps have produced in the last 3 years? How much is it worth?
My feedback
Trusted traders: lambokeenie,pnchocolates,tollyman,Rob PBS,Cjchelsea,cannon,Arsenal2000
Offline Profile Goto Top

andymac
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Question: How many people collect Match Attax in the United Kingdom? (Estimates allowed).
My feedback
Trusted traders: lambokeenie,pnchocolates,tollyman,Rob PBS,Cjchelsea,cannon,Arsenal2000
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
My question

Hi Topps,

How come the price of the packets have gone up from 35p to 40p to 50p?

Will it be the same price or will it be a different price next season?

Thanks
Lindy_loo2000 :}
Favourite PS3 games: Skate, Skate 2, FIFA, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and many more! :}
Favourite football teams: Burnley F.C, Liverpool, Blackpool!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
My question is:

With the popularity of the Legends cards available in the Match Attax England set, are you considering releasing a series of Premier League legends?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Goto Top

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Oh and another one on a similar theme to Lilly's question...

Do you have to get permission from both the clubs and players to release cards?
Has anyone ever refused to be included?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Goto Top

Macca
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dear Topps,

Have you ever considered bringing the german version of match attaxs out in england as they look a really smart collection and it seems many collectors would like to collect them.

Would you ever make cricket cards?
Edited by Macca, May 24 2010, 07:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

seb10
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
Dear topps
Q-why have you not released a match attax world stars binder?
and another one.
Q-Is There going to be a swap and play tour for Ma world stars or a launch event?
thanks
seb10
youtube:matchattaxseb10
-----------------------------
(101)(101)
----------Master--------
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

arsenal7james
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dear Topps
Will There Be A Match Attax Live For The 10/11 Season?
Hey.. Did You You Touch My Drum Set?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Knight001
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Deat Topps,

Will you make other league cards in the future? (La Liga, Championship)
Feedback/Trusted Traders
Wishlist
Tradelist

Offline Profile Goto Top

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
dear topps,
i have 2 questions=
will you make rainbow foil cards less rarer, e.g. motms 1in every 3 packs and
why cant we buy 07 08 match attax products from the topps online store
Edited by LamboKeenie, May 23 2010, 08:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I want to ask this question without seeming rude or anything...but if its not necessarily going to be put forward...

Dear Topps,
I recently won one of the events sending me to the MAWC finals, soon finding the card winners recieve to have been sold via the internet. It didnt seem very nice as it took a lot of effort to win. Assuming it wasn't a winner selling their card, how many copies of really rare cards do you make that aren't for the people they are intended for?
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterMujiOfMatchAttax10/11
101 101
question 4: why do u match attax prices increase, and will it go to 75p because its gone up in 5, 10.... will it be another 15p?

this is quite similar to lindy_loo2000's question,
Need fifa coins. PM Me
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sir Roger Hunt
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dear Topps UK

Right now, in the States, you make upwards of 8 different brands of Baseball cards alone along with zillions of other sports collections. Do you have plans to try and create the same kind of situation in the UK ? please say no. One of the main differences between the UK card market and the N.American market is the US obsession with rookie cards and limited editions. Have you thought of helping fund the launch of a collectors magazine in the UK to try and hype up the different areas of collecting - create a new market with values for rookie cards etc ? Older and rarer UK cards with out a doubt do not attract the prices US cards do. Are you thinking of ways to try and win UK collectors over from stickers, especially in sports collections ? Are you thinking of venturing into cricket or rugby ?

One last questions - have you thought of cross pollinating cards from the UK into US sets and vice versa - making them special limited collectibles ?
There are plenty of US basketball, baseball and hockey players who are huge soccer fans....who you could feature dressed up in their favourite team's kit...and have them as chase cards in UK sets - and vice versa...(OK that was a daft question/suggestion...)

Perhaps you could consider two UK Premier League card set ? One Match Attax for the kids say 220 cards with a binder - and one regular set, featuring say 25 players from each squad with stats on the back - with 50 special chase cards for a set of say 550 ?

cheers,

Sir Roger
Offline Profile Goto Top

felipemful
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
dear topps,
can you explain to me why singapore match attax world stars is so different from match attax england from uk.and why match attax legends is not in other parts of the world like singapore.it could be exclusive in 7-eleven?

hi!im felipemful,a match attax collector and collect match attax cards!go to http://felipemful.webs.com
my youtube http://twitter.com/felipemful
Posted Image
felipemful(101)*****(101)match attax
-------------COLLECTOR------------------
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rollcollector
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
Hey Topps,
just would like to ask you guys if you will have the Bundesliga, La Liga, and the Asian Leagues like the Japanese ones and the asia ones and will you guys release some of the England cards in Asia as I live over here and can't seem to get them.

Thanks (:
Trusted Traders:
Poolstar,Theus123,Oafcforever,LFCAttax
I'm starting this list up again, sorry to all the great traders I've traded in the past!

Wishlist Updated 28.1
Tradelist Updated 16.1
Selling
Feedback

Also if you are looking at this please join my new forum
http://s4.zetaboards.com/FootballCardzStation/index/

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cjchelsea
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Hi,
How much does it cost you to make 1 Torres 100 club? Inc the price to print and the cardboard.
Chris
Munich - 19.05.12 Amsterdam - 15.05.13 -------------- Two European finals in a year!!!

WANT SIGNED CARDS, JOHN TERRY, FRANK LAMPARD OR CHELSEA AUTO/JERSEY CARDS. PM ME

Happy to help authenticicate auto's!

COLLECTING SIGNED CARDS AT THE MOMENT. Met; Bale, Drogba, Lampard, Mata, Lewandowski, Dani Alves, and many many more

Tradelist - http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7022498/1/?x=0#post8224019
Wishlist - http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7030915/1/#new
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoqULl7BTR27Q_nTo2Cs_8w?view_as=public

Photo Albums!:
https://plus.google.com/photos/110187761553338498831/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#104152712947197476804/photos

Thanks to all my trading partners :)

Over 100 Trades on this forum!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This question is not for the prize I am just concerned about it!

In the U.A.E why haven't you released Match Attax England/Match Attax World Stars?
Also.....
In the U.A.E why haven't you released Topps Premier League Stickers?

They were released a couple if months ago and I haven't seen them in shops but I see Match Attax & Match Attax Extra and more recently I have seen Panini World Cup Stickers!
Offline Profile Goto Top

kimng2
i-card
[ *  * ]
Hi Topps.
Just asking, would we have the Legends sub-set for the 10/11 season of Match Attax?
Offline Profile Goto Top

kimng2
i-card
[ *  * ]
Also, will Topps make Referee, Stadium, Club logos or any other new special cards?
Offline Profile Goto Top

amigo
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi,Topps,

As far as I am concerned,Topps World Stars has launched UK edition,German edition and Spanish edition.It is the first time for Topps to issue different WORLD CUP collection in accordance with target market .Is it a sign of your ambition to compete with the heavyweight like Panini?Obviously,you overcame Panini in Bundesliga,what's your next
strategy?Have you make up minds penetrating the Asian market especially Chinese one?
Goonerz,Oranje Supporter, hablo espaol

Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Dear Topps,
What inspired you to create Match Attax?
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Offline Profile Goto Top

raz
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
will you make cards for the championship and league 1
manchester city for ever and tell me if you live near oldham :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
I notice the last few years you have produced a lot of limited edition and Signed cards with your Match attax and Topps total football sticker collections.
Dont you think that collectors will become disullusioned with your products as the majority of Parents for their kids and serious collectors want to complete sets and not have for example, A signed ltd edt run of 100 Fabregas' missing which only sells on ebay for 500+. This does not benefit Topps in anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sir Roger Hunt
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Another question...

As you own the well known Merlin brand name, perhaps you might consider selling a Premier League Set under that name - 500+ individually numbered cards with stats etc under the Merlin name - and leave the Match Attax under the Topps name. That way collectors can have the set they want - and you also have a set geared towards a younger demographic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
I see Panini are producing Ltd Edition cards with their successful Adrenalyn XL product for the European market. How do you feel as they seem to have copied your approach (starter packs, tins etc) but have made their product obtainable and therefore currently outselling your Match attax world stars/england collection?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
could you stop making an error card for each season it annoying ??????
Thanks Ben
LFC 4 Eva
His armband proved he was a red suarez, suarez you'll never walk alone it said suarez,suarez he bought his band from from a lad in spain tall and blonde forgot his name luiz suarez liverpool's number 7
Xbox Live: oPeX QuAnTaM
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
As an owner of a Newsagent, we were sent 3 Torres Ltd Edition promotion sheets to give to customers. Do you feel that was adequate as when I requested more to meet demand from my customers I still await a reply from my email of 14th May or anymore to be sent (Cust No can be sent on request). I know a lot of owners in my area and all have had to turn customers away wanting to buy 10 packs of your product to get the leaflet and claim torres limited. How quickly are you able to respond to questions asked via the email address given on the Topps Football website as this does not seem acceptable?
Offline Profile Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
Can you tell me why you decided to release the Topps England 2005 card collection to the Japanese market only? Surely they would of sold well in the UK alongside Asia as they covered solely the english national team?
Offline Profile Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
Why does your shop only allow delivery to the UK and not worldwide if your products are sold in many different countries?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Questions for Topps · Next Topic »
Locked Topic