Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
What would you like to see in the new Match Attax 10/11 set?; Topps have asked FCF to send them our suggestions
Topic Started: Jun 9 2010, 10:48 PM (1,671 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Upon sending our questions to Topps my contact mentioned that they have just started working on the new Match attax 10/11 set and therefore could we send through our suggestions for new card types, features etc.

This is the thread to post them in!

I will send through all unique suggestions to Topps.

Best suggestion will get a brand new and very rare Match Attax 09/10 sealed tin!

Thread will close and list will be sent on the 18th June.
Edited by Tollyman, Jun 10 2010, 12:18 PM.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
2 legend cards per team:

Premiership Legend
All Time Legend

Perhaps they could be voted for on the website.

Sorry everyone i know this is really popular suggestion so i thought i'd get in first and nab the idea!!! ;)

Offline Profile Goto Top

gokurasu73
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How about having asst. manager cards that can boost i-cards and man of the matches
Trusted traders- supersupercookie, Bigger_Kid, JuveFC(x3), blizzard, MasterofMatchAttax, Sickone95, mufc17, MIKADO0231, Maxi Taxi, TheKingOfCards, Arsenal101
SCAMMERS- Master.of Match Atax Junior

My feedback
My wishlist
Offline Profile Goto Top

nick1998
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
7 cards per packet (only at tesco) for the international legends
Offline Profile Goto Top

nick1998
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I mean the premiership legends etc
Offline Profile Goto Top

Blandy33
Member Avatar
No longer a member
Club Badges
Most Helpful Member 2010 :)

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Footy_Talk/index/

Offline Profile Goto Top

Amoghmalhaar
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I would like to see Referee cards. (4 or 5)

They could be the popular ones and instead of adding to the players score they could take away.

To use them in Tournaments you can use your referee along with your player and when your opponent picks a card your referee could take away the attack or defence of that card. That way, nobody is sure to win if they have the 101 card.

(might be a complicated explanation)
Edited by Amoghmalhaar, Jun 10 2010, 08:03 PM.
I am selling lots of Match Attax from all seasons except 07/08 Extra!

Also contact me if you are interested in Cricket Attax! :D

Offline Profile Goto Top

bobd_uk
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd like a card for each club with their badge on it (and a rating def/att for the club overall).
Offline Profile Goto Top

felipemful
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i want ref card!
hi!im felipemful,a match attax collector and collect match attax cards!go to http://felipemful.webs.com
my youtube http://twitter.com/felipemful
Posted Image
felipemful(101)*****(101)match attax
-------------COLLECTOR------------------
Offline Profile Goto Top

11edmund
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
a ref card too lower the other players attax or defence
Offline Profile Goto Top

seb10
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
the coachs who train (strikers,goalkeepers etc)ie.Xavi Valero boosts pepe reina's defence by 3?
thanks
seb!
youtube:matchattaxseb10
-----------------------------
(101)(101)
----------Master--------
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

adz97
International Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
referree cards also manager of the months and player of the months

Posted Image
Want Megacracks 10/11 and Megacracks 12/13
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gunnerforlife
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think things like Club Legends, Club Top Goalscorer's, Awards from last season like top goalscorer will be great>
Offline Profile Goto Top

nffc are the best
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i would like to see staduims and badges
I LOVE NOTINGHAM FOREST
COME ON U REEDS
Offline Profile Goto Top

Blandy33
Member Avatar
No longer a member
A Team of the Season PLayer Card similar to Premier Gold 2004
Edited by Blandy33, Jun 10 2010, 05:10 PM.

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!

Offline Profile Goto Top

the silver fox
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Legends players from each club - Tollyman's suggestion's a good one - 1 Premier League legend (although that would not be possible for some teams e.g. Blackpool as only their 1st season in PL) and 1 All time legend (Stanley Matthews for Blackpool?) for each team.
Could maybe do this in conjunction with a major retailer (like Topps did with Tesco for the International Legends).
Offline Profile Goto Top

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
maybe prem top goal scorer from 09/10 and player of the season for each team and club badges
LFC 4 Eva
His armband proved he was a red suarez, suarez you'll never walk alone it said suarez,suarez he bought his band from from a lad in spain tall and blonde forgot his name luiz suarez liverpool's number 7
Xbox Live: oPeX QuAnTaM
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
no signed cards please
LFC 4 Eva
His armband proved he was a red suarez, suarez you'll never walk alone it said suarez,suarez he bought his band from from a lad in spain tall and blonde forgot his name luiz suarez liverpool's number 7
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
ref card,asisistant manager card,stadium card,owner card,mascot card
:cheers Ben
LFC 4 Eva
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
My suggestion is that with all the new ideas and concepts to take on board, it may start to ruin the game a little. Adrenalyn Xl for example has, in my opinion too many card types of a poor quality as well as a bad design. For me, that ruins the collection, and while the addition of a new card type may be a good idea (paticularly the legends which we are used to having by now) we don't want to spoil it.

So my overall suggestion is to improve the quality of the collection. After all, quality over quantity. I think it would really boost the appeal of the collection if the MotMs for example could be improved, and as they are already good now, making them better would make Match Attax look even more like the superior collection. Thanks for reading :)
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Goto Top

DCFC
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
i want stadium cards
Offline Profile Goto Top

alexcollects
Member Avatar
100 Club
World Cup heroes, players from Premier League teams in their national team jereys although I'm pretty sure that due to licensing problems they won't ever see the light of day ;)
Thanks to bibster, bunz, Ethiophil, Futbol_Cards, lilly, pregra, RobPBS, thegreenster, Val & westernking!

My Wishlist - please have a look

I have many cards to trade, just PM me!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
player in away kits not just home
LFC 4 Eva
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
reduce motm cards to 2 per team but introduce the following award winners from 09/10 rainbow cards

'PFA Player of the year' card

Wayne Rooney

'PFA Young player of the year' card

James Milner

'LMA Manager of the year'

Roy Hodgson

'Golden Bood' Card

Didier Drogba

'Golden Glove'

Petr Cech

11 * 'PFA Team of the Year' cards:

GK Joe Hart
DF Branislav Ivanović
DF Patrice Evra
DF Richard Dunne
DF Thomas Vermaelen
MF Antonio Valencia
MF Cesc Fbregas
MF Darren Fletcher
MF James Milner
FW Didier Drogba
FW Wayne Rooney

Offline Profile Goto Top

FootballFan2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I Would Like To See Legends 7 Cards In 1 Pack and 4 MOTM and what Tollyman said and stadium cards and players in home and away (what ben9011 said)! and i would like to see the premier league logo as a Card and Home and Away Cards! etc
Click On Here To See All My Trades!

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Sporty_Forum/index/
Offline Profile Goto Top

felipemful
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
i hope that if there is legends set,it will be two sets(match attax 10/11,match attax legends 10/11)
hi!im felipemful,a match attax collector and collect match attax cards!go to http://felipemful.webs.com
my youtube http://twitter.com/felipemful
Posted Image
felipemful(101)*****(101)match attax
-------------COLLECTOR------------------
Offline Profile Goto Top

MatchAttaxOutlet
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd certainly like to see club badges, as in the Bundesliga sets, and also cards with very slightly rounded corners. Even Maybe a Shiny card showing home & away kits.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
It worries me how despite everything people just want loads of card types added, but it's really not going to make collecting more fun. Companies that do this do it because they are loosing sales and want the product to remain interesting before inevertable stagnation. From what ive seen I know that Topps are in no way like this and I think the whole point of asking us what we think was to find something strongly in demand that no one was against. It's easy to say lets add in 5 more card types but as members of the forum have already pointed out the average collecter only has so much money, and with this huge challenge set ahead of people they will just be put off and not bother. Especially if it doesnt grab the general interest. No-one argues about the current collection because there's nothing non-essential. The only thing people DO complain about is quality e.g error cards and fault cards. Thats the only thing ive seen people complain about, and thats the only thing Topps may want to concentrate efforts on as they've already sorted out the demand problems they had in 07/08, and to take it a step futher and maintain or improve how the cards look. We dont need Championchip cards! Only a fraction of collectors support teams in the championchip (no offense to them) compared to the PL. And what are we going to do with stadium cards? Match Attax is a card game more than anything else and even though it appears that most of the collecters here dont play it even though there are a lot of people that do. If the scores were to be taken away we'd be just left with futera cards! But the scores are essential because they add the option of a game as well as having just the collection.

Why am I saying this? Even though I know Topps arent like this I dont want it to appear that the only thing the audience wants is more card types, and then the collection is made bad as a result. If it had all these new card types this year, what happens next year? I am saying this from experience, because Ive seen it so many times, sticking with the basics is the onlky way to go. This post will probably get deleted for irrelivence but I dont see any other way of getting my opinion across.
Edited by MasterOfMatchAttax, Jun 11 2010, 03:08 PM.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Macca
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i would like topps to bring out another collection either bundesliga or cricket collection
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gunnerforlife
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
MasterOfMatchAttax
Jun 11 2010, 03:02 PM
It worries me how despite everything people just want loads of card types added, but it's really not going to make collecting more fun. Companies that do this do it because they are loosing sales and want the product to remain interesting before inevertable stagnation. From what ive seen I know that Topps are in no way like this and I think the whole point of asking us what we think was to find something strongly in demand that no one was against. It's easy to say lets add in 5 more card types but as members of the forum have already pointed out the average collecter only has so much money, and with this huge challenge set ahead of people they will just be put off and not bother. Especially if it doesnt grab the general interest. No-one argues about the current collection because there's nothing non-essential. The only thing people DO complain about is quality e.g error cards and fault cards. Thats the only thing ive seen people complain about, and thats the only thing Topps may want to concentrate efforts on as they've already sorted out the demand problems they had in 07/08, and to take it a step futher and maintain or improve how the cards look. We dont need Championchip cards! Only a fraction of collectors support teams in the championchip (no offense to them) compared to the PL. And what are we going to do with stadium cards? Match Attax is a card game more than anything else and even though it appears that most of the collecters here dont play it even though there are a lot of people that do. If the scores were to be taken away we'd be just left with futera cards! But the scores are essential because they add the option of a game as well as having just the collection.

Why am I saying this? Even though I know Topps arent like this I dont want it to appear that the only thing the audience wants is more card types, and then the collection is made bad as a result. If it had all these new card types this year, what happens next year? I am saying this from experience, because Ive seen it so many times, sticking with the basics is the onlky way to go. This post will probably get deleted for irrelivence but I dont see any other way of getting my opinion across.
Dude, I think you already made your point in an earlier post. And bseides, it's not like Topps are gonna consider all of these new card type anyway. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't add any new types to next season. No need to get so hot under the collar. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Jun 10 2010, 11:20 PM

'PFA Player of the year' card

Wayne Rooney

'PFA Young player of the year' card

James Milner

'LMA Manager of the year'

Roy Hodgson

'Golden Bood' Card

Didier Drogba

'Golden Glove'

Petr Cech

11 * 'PFA Team of the Year' cards:

GK Joe Hart
DF Branislav Ivanović
DF Patrice Evra
DF Richard Dunne
DF Thomas Vermaelen
MF Antonio Valencia
MF Cesc Fbregas
MF Darren Fletcher
MF James Milner
FW Didier Drogba
FW Wayne Rooney
Now that is a Good Idea.

Stadiums ouldn't fit as a card for me.

Players are just fine.
Lindy_loo2000 :}
Favourite PS3 games: Skate, Skate 2, FIFA, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and many more! :}
Favourite football teams: Burnley F.C, Liverpool, Blackpool!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
gr8 idea from tollyman imo
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
lilly (top notch, gave me Bowyer MOTM out of kindness)
Blandy33 (gave me 4 MA codes out of generosity)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mariocamb13
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Thats An Amazing Idea....Send It Into Topps
Thanks to everyone who i have traded with. I have fully completed thease sets including ALL limited editions and mastercards...

Posted Image

Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mariocamb13?feature=mhum

Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Gunnerforlife
Jun 12 2010, 01:01 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax

Dude, I think you already made your point in an earlier post. And bseides, it's not like Topps are gonna consider all of these new card type anyway. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't add any new types to next season. No need to get so hot under the collar. ;)
Im not getting mad, no-one seems to care though! It's a valid point, but it's true what you say.

I like Tollyman's idea but awards are only relevant for around the time. If anyone goes during summer, none of it can be done (almost) and they don't necesarily remain good the next year, like how torres was the 101 this year based on last year but wouldnt get it now. But by all means it is a really good idea, just that problem... (and that only the really good teams get extra cards and everyone else is only stuck with 2, and they wouldn't be used in gameplay)

Offline Profile Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
MasterOfMatchAttax

Why would I delete your post? I only delete posts that contravene the forums rules or are exact duplicates.

You make a point that you would prefer the next series to be exactley the same as the last one and give a few reasons.

It's a perfectly valid view point. I dissagree but a forum wouldn't be very interesting if everyone had to agree with everyone else.

I think Topps need to make slight amendments to the keep things fresh but more evolution than revolution. They are just asking for ideas and will obviousley only add one or two new features. I'd like legends & award winners while others might like Club badges & stadiums.

As for it being a game more than a collectors set I again dissagree, all of my sons friends at his school collect the cards but none of them play the game. My opinion is that it is a trading card set that happens to be a game rather than the other way around. But that is just my opinion and experience, yours is different and you're more than welcome to express it here. :1356
Edited by Tollyman, Jun 12 2010, 09:41 PM.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Blandy33
Member Avatar
No longer a member
I think that the set should be changed, by making there 2 motm's, but adding Ledgends.
I don't like the idea of Assistant managers but like the idea of stadiums and badges.
If you look at it from a playing the game point of view then stadium works. eg adding 5 onto a player at there home ground.
Club badges work from a more collecting point of view, as you cannot really involve them in the game

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!

Offline Profile Goto Top

Footiegal1997
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I am not sure about the idea of so many subsets being added to the set, it is already pretty hard to complete as it is, and if Topps start producing so many new cards the quality of all the others will go down. Remember in 08/09 when Club Captains went from being a foil to a regular base card? That was when Hundred Clubs and more MoTMs were added to the mix. I have nothing against this change, but it is just an example of what might happen in the future if subsets such as Stadiums and Assistant Managers were to be created. Topps took a risk by adding Manager cards this year, do we really need their assistants as well? I don't think so. And before anyone says I am getting 'hot under the collar' about this, I am not. I am just trying to express my viewpoint.
But anyway, :ontopic
If one new subset had to be added this year I would choose Club Legends as the International Legends seemed to work well this year :wink
My Trading Feedback
My Ebay Feedback
Offline Profile Goto Top

KingOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
100 Club
tollyman great idea
we should have like rare managers like manager clubs or something like that and a 10-10 referee card or something
Offline Profile Goto Top

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Jun 12 2010, 09:37 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax

Why would I delete your post? I only delete posts that contravene the forums rules or are exact duplicates.

You make a point that you would prefer the next series to be exactley the same as the last one and give a few reasons.

It's a perfectly valid view point. I dissagree but a forum wouldn't be very interesting if everyone had to agree with everyone else.

I think Topps need to make slight amendments to the keep things fresh but more evolution than revolution. They are just asking for ideas and will obviousley only add one or two new features. I'd like legends & award winners while others might like Club badges & stadiums.

As for it being a game more than a collectors set I again dissagree, all of my sons friends at his school collect the cards but none of them play the game. My opinion is that it is a trading card set that happens to be a game rather than the other way around. But that is just my opinion and experience, yours is different and you're more than welcome to express it here. :1356
Firstly I thought it would get deleted because it didn't follow on from the whole brainstorming thing like before so it might seem irrelevant but I wanted to get my point across. It's good to know that the forum is not biased even though there are a few strong opinions. (like me for one lol)

I dont want it exacly the same. I want it to be different but in different ways. E.g more adventerous ways of getting the cards so that when you get them all you feel like you've accomplished something more for example, while I think adding just too many card types would make it a joke. But I think Topps seem to think the same way as me so im not too worried.

As for what it is, of course everyone will have a different opinion based on their experience but having gone to an event very time they do them there is always a massive turnout. Few people would seem to actually play the game especially on this forum but either adding more stats or taking them all away would ruin it for me. Again, just an opinion :unsure:

Offline Profile Goto Top

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
maybe??????
malouda Ltd (whsmith boxes)
G.johnson Ltd (match of the day mag)
valencia Ltd (collector guide)
kranjcar Ltd (starter pack)
arshavin Ltd (match mag)
barry Ltd (tin)
b. Zomora ltd (mcolls boxes)

and the 101 card:

WAYNE ROONEY

the rest of 100 clubs :

drogba

modric

van persie

legend ltds:
cantona
daglish

100 clubs:

101 daglish
100 cantona
100 P shilton
100 Zola
Maybe?????
Edited by ben9011, Jun 13 2010, 07:30 PM.
LFC 4 Eva
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 10/11 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic