Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tesco Giving Out Free Cards?
Topic Started: Jun 21 2010, 05:45 PM (4,421 Views)
Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, there is no point on giving up on the forum, and he probobly means he bought lunch and bread, asked for some packets and they said,

"Have them for free."
Lindy_loo2000 :}
Favourite PS3 games: Skate, Skate 2, FIFA, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and many more! :}
Favourite football teams: Burnley F.C, Liverpool, Blackpool!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ANT
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lindy_loo2000
Jun 30 2010, 06:44 PM
No, there is no point on giving up on the forum, and he probobly means he bought lunch and bread, asked for some packets and they said,

"Have them for free."
are you his mummy? let him/her answer for themselves

Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Don't be so rude, im only trying to help.

Thats what this forums for.
Favourite PS3 games: Skate, Skate 2, FIFA, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and many more! :}
Posted Image

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ANT, you're being horrible over a subject which doesn't even matter.
Just leave it.
Some employees have different views over cards, it's a common view.
Some do not give a crap if they give out free cards if they're promotional.
Tescos employees, to me, should give out free cards.
They get me in the store, and whenever I go in there I'd go in there and buy something anyway.
DO NOT say that we are wasting everyone's time, if anything, it's you who's asking us ridiculous questions that is wasting our time. We got given free cards, sorry about that. :/ Jealous.
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
lilly (top notch, gave me Bowyer MOTM out of kindness)
Blandy33 (gave me 4 MA codes out of generosity)
Posted Image

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
traderleon
Jun 30 2010, 06:55 PM
ANT, you're being horrible over a subject which doesn't even matter.
Just leave it.
Some employees have different views over cards, it's a common view.
Some do not give a crap if they give out free cards if they're promotional.
Tescos employees, to me, should give out free cards.
They get me in the store, and whenever I go in there I'd go in there and buy something anyway.
DO NOT say that we are wasting everyone's time, if anything, it's you who's asking us ridiculous questions that is wasting our time. We got given free cards, sorry about that. :/ Jealous.
well said Traderleon

Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Great post Traderleon.

If they got free cards, they got free cards, deal with it.

Edited by Lindy_loo2000, Jun 30 2010, 06:58 PM.
Posted Image

ANT
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
let me start again my local tescos is merthyr tydfil south wales
if i was to walk in right now and ask for free match attax they will say no.
has anyone walked into tescos personally bought nothing and walked away with free match attax?
please answer honestly as you are not helping anyone who will go to their local tesco only to be dissapointed
there was an offer a few weeks ago that when you spent 10 you got one pack free
if your store has given you free packs name them and when you got them please

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ANT
Jun 30 2010, 06:58 PM
let me start again my local tescos is merthyr tydfil south wales
if i was to walk in right now and ask for free match attax they will say no.
has anyone walked into tescos personally bought nothing and walked away with free match attax?
please answer honestly as you are not helping anyone who will go to their local tesco only to be dissapointed
there was an offer a few weeks ago that when you spent 10 you got one pack free
if your store has given you free packs name them and when you got them please
ive been in tesco rawtenstall with my dad,
did not buy anything and got given 9 free packs

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ANT, I am not going to tell you all of this info.
You're acting like a spy for Tesco.
When no one really cares.
They're promotional packs.
I'll give you my friggin spare cards if you really want, just stop going on about it cos you're doing my actual head in.
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
Posted Image

Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
That is true traderleon.
Posted Image

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
and also, ANT.
If you are a spy (which I doubt) then you are making everyone very uncomfortable in this forum.
I am not going to tell you where I live, because, in all honesty, you scare the hell out of me.
Now leave this topic and don't come back to it.
My tescos don't even give out free packs anymore, and I haven't asked anymore either.
I know when the offer is on and when it's not just by my own knowledge.
I don't steal the cards at all btw.
ANT, if you're that desperate for cards, I'll give you my own England MA packs for 40p which is a discount.
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
Posted Image

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
whoa whoa lets not take sides here

ANT is a manager of Tesco (I believe) so he should have the right to undertand that if a shop's not doing what it's suposed to do (even if they're doing something good natured) he should have the right to report it. He will want to make sure he has his facts right before he does so. He could want to know for any reason, but he is entitled to, although I dont really agree with the way he does it.

but following on from my last post, what will have happened with Rob PBS is that he bought something, anything, and was given multiple packets. They were all free, one in the boundry of the special offer, and the others being additional as many other people who the offer is open to do not take their free packets. Some tescos have grasped that this is a reasonable way to get rid of stock and so this is how they do it.

Is there any problem here, or am I missing something?
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

Lindy_loo2000
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Well, hes putting everyone down, trying to take personal info, and saying that WE'RE the ones asking "stupid questions and are a waste of time".

One thing or another, he will have to put up that a few people got free packs.
Posted Image

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ANT, your antagonising skills aren't very suitable for people who might be young on this forum.
This is including my age generation.
I am pretty sure you are slightly older.
Maybe you should turn down the interrogative dial, cos it's very distressing for every member.

I did sort of lie about getting 20 packs of cards, but I did get a few, but I thought it'd be a laugh.
I got a few free when buying groceries with my mum though.
Edited by traderleon, Jun 30 2010, 07:22 PM.
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
Posted Image

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
like I said, ANT doesnt seem to be conducting his research in an appropiate fashion, lol
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

ANT
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
MasterOfMatchAttax
Jun 30 2010, 07:16 PM
whoa whoa lets not take sides here

ANT is a manager of Tesco (I believe) so he should have the right to undertand that if a shop's not doing what it's suposed to do (even if they're doing something good natured) he should have the right to report it. He will want to make sure he has his facts right before he does so. He could want to know for any reason, but he is entitled to, although I dont really agree with the way he does it.

but following on from my last post, what will have happened with Rob PBS is that he bought something, anything, and was given multiple packets. They were all free, one in the boundry of the special offer, and the others being additional as many other people who the offer is open to do not take their free packets. Some tescos have grasped that this is a reasonable way to get rid of stock and so this is how they do it.

Is there any problem here, or am I missing something?
thank you masterofmatchattax i am not a spy for tescos and i don't usually get involved in these type of things i just wanted to pass on the knowledge i have to help people
this forum has helped me save money and i just wanted to help others
i think i will stay silent from now on

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
:L:L
ANT. If you are a manager of Tescos... then I will give you this advice.
Continue the offer for free cards. it works.
It gets people buying.
Your stock is going to be high soon as people will stop collecting these cards... the world cup is ending.
Tbh, your research is very dire at a very dire time.
Theres around a week left in the world cup. You're selling world cup cards.
To be honest, if you wanted more kids in your store, now would be a good time.
The Match Attax 10/11 is going on then, if you are planning to sell these in your store, perhaps do this "research" then.
But free cards were given out, I can assure you.
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
Posted Image

Matchattaxmad
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
a couple of weeks ago I was in tesco they had a promtion on which was spend 10 and you got a free packet of match attax england cards, this was great at the time spent 20 on match attax england stuff/shopping. Thought the tesco staff had made an error giving me some extra free packets but asked politly and pointed out to the staff that they were 2 extra packets and the checkout operater replied yes promotional weekend to get people to collect match attax england we are giving away a packet for every 10 spent!!!! brill kids were well happy

Great idea/marketing ploy as you well know this will cause poeple to talk and debate about where, when and how. So every collector would want to shop at tesco's to get they free promotional packets on the condidtion of a particular spend. ie. every young collector on here will hound they mums/dads/grans to shop at tesco so that they have the chance of getting some free promotional packets. Pretty much same promotion that morrsions did with the panni stickers until they made the gaff at running out of them in our stores/sorry while stocks last!!!!!

When i got my cards they wern't scanned through the tills at all and for numerous friends and family there's hadn't been either. in my case only got 2 free packets but from a logical marketing point of view i.e. if you have your kids with you, the tesco staff gave them a couple of extra promotional free packets this would create customer loyality. Supermarkets want you to shop at they stores every week/time so when little harry and harryetta get something for "free" bearing in mind you have just spent 200 on the weekly shop. You gonna shop they next week not for the fact that of the free packets, the kids are going to have your life until you get they and 7 days of hype before the event. Even if you don't get any free cards as a dad you will end up buying some to keep the peace!!!!

so every parent reading this will probally say well done tesco's!!!!! As for walking into the store and asking for free packets when you are with your parents good on you, all they can say is no but the guys at tesco;s aren't daft they know that your parents are about to spend a small fortune on the weekly shop. Packets of these cards at cost for the retailer no more that 35p each, so its no great expenditure as they will adjust they prices according to figure this in they promotion/customer loyality budget.

Only problem sometimes is "consitancy" which means "not always the same". Some stores will have a different take on how they work out the match attax promotion or will extend it if the promotion works which increases store sales. Great if you get loads of free packets as not everyone will want them as they go through the tills. I've been given packs from friends and family who didn;t want them but knew that we collected them.

Currently tins are 3.97, starter packs 2.49 until 12th july and packs of cards only 50p. Belive me looking at the amount of stock i've seen in a couple of tesco stores they could be more promtions coming up !!!! as you will know you can get match attax extra cards from as little as 9.9p per packet depending on how many you buy. and from the 12th july you can buy cards direct from topps
Edited by Matchattaxmad, Jun 30 2010, 08:34 PM.
wish list cards signed ma12 19/520 3% ma champ 200/293 70% ma11 262/472 55% ma10 249/471 50% Ma10 ex 49/167 = 29% Ma09 157/451= 37% Ma09 ex60/170=35% Ma08 120/450 =26% Ma08 ex 16/162 =9.8% Ma07 72 =16% Ma07 ex / % pchamp 07 37/288 =12.8% S06 131/360=36% SO06ex 17/72 =23% S05 52/360 =14.4% SO5ex 4/60 = 6.6% S04 27/360 = 7.5% S03 19/360 = 5.2% P world cup 2010 6 = 1.7% T/signed=1400+

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
ANT - Please remember this forum is for kids as well as adults, some as young as 8 -10, it is obvious from the reaction you have recieved that your debating style is too aggresive and to be honest plain rude.

If you think someone is wrong then point out the facts (as you see it) and let people make up their own minds, calling people liars & thiefs is not acceptable. Please tone down your posts in future and think about the audience you have on this forum.

As for the debate here - If you do not pay for something then it is FREE whether you buy something else or not, Rob PBS does not claim to have been given them without a purchase so why push him to prove he did? Yes there was an official promotion but it would appear that many stores are giving out random packets (not ALL stores), over and beyond this deal. So far I have had free packs given to me at 3 different stores.

Leighton Buzzard - bought about 8 of groceries and the 3 packs of cards I had in the basket he said I could have for FREE
London Extra (near finsbury square) - Bought 20 packs and the lady on the till said she wouldn't charge for half of them, so 10 Packs for FREE
Aylesbury - Bought some lunch & paper (less than 5) and employee gave my lad 2 packs FREE

None of these were during the packet for every 10 spent week.

2 Extra stores in Milton Keynes & another Aylesbury store didn't get anything.

ALL - ANT does not claim to be a store manager but a departmental manager.

Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
traderleon
Jun 30 2010, 07:01 PM
ANT, I am not going to tell you all of this info.
You're acting like a spy for Tesco.
When no one really cares.
They're promotional packs.
I'll give you my friggin spare cards if you really want, just stop going on about it cos you're doing my actual head in.
We know what "Friggin" is used to mean. please refrain from this language. It's not exactley the worst language that can be used but it's a slippery slope...........
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

Rob PBS
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I kinda wish I hadn't even started this topic now.

Crikey.

Just to clarify EXACTLY what happened (even though this was stated in the first post).

Last week I went to Tesco to pick up my lunch and a couple of other items.
I had a spare tenner so asked where the Match Attax cards were (as there had been a display stand in the store the week before).
"How many packs were you after? We're not selling them anymore, just giving them away. We gave away handfuls on Saturday because we have so much stock"
"I was after 20 packs, but I'm quite willing to pay for them"
So the cashier runs through my other items, and just gives me 20 packs. No Charge.

Simple.

Then, when I was there a couple of days later, I got another 3 when I bought some more groceries.

Those are the facts.

I know I can't prove this, but really, why would I lie? I mean, I'm not trying to impress anyone, just giving fellow members of the forum a heads up that they might be able to take advantage of an overabundance of stock.

Ant, bottom line, you've come across as really quite patronising and got people's backs up. As Tollyman said, there's people of all ages on here, and your aggressive style of writing isn't great for an all ages family friendly forum. Plus, I don't really appreciate essentially being called a liar.

Healthy debate is fantastic, but blatant name calling and winding people up will make people quite unpopular.
Edited by Rob PBS, Jun 30 2010, 10:28 PM.
Good Traders: Supersupercookie, bwfc123, Amoghmalhaar, gt6943, Nick 1998, Alexcollects (x2), Westernking, wdy11 (x2), JoelMangsa (x2), TraderLeon (x2), DanishCollector, Bigger Kid, Mariocamb13, CjChelsea (x3), Pnchocolates, MKDons2010, KingofMatchAttax, nffc are the best, K-Schwein

My Panini Wantlist

My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Feedback

TimAttax97
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
Thank you Rob PBS, i was just agreeing with what other people said. My family went shopping and my dad left earlier and the cashier gave him 11 free packs, regardless that the 'limit' was 4, and my sis and mom got 4 each, so i got 19, why would I lie? It would be pointless

StrangeDeath
i-card
[ *  * ]
Matchattaxmad
Jun 30 2010, 08:24 PM
Only problem sometimes is "consitancy" which means "not always the same".

Indeed, bought some at a Tesco Metro today (Angel Islington), no free cards, two hours later bought some more at a Tesco extra (Stoke Newington) where you still get two free packs with every transaction, regardless of the amount of money spent.

I work in retail myself (Asda) and head office will often give actions to be taken across the country, whether such action is implemented is an entirely different matter.

Ultimately some of us got lucky with free packets, and others didn't. But there is no point in letting any bitterness over it ruin your personal enjoyment of collecting. Maybe we all just hold fire now until the inevitable next Tesco offer comes along, the two stores I have been in today easily had 50 odd whole cases of Match Attax, and they were tiny stores.
Sheffield Wednesday Fan, no jokes please.

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ant they got free pack and they got free packs deal with it!
LFC 4 Eva
His armband proved he was a red suarez, suarez you'll never walk alone it said suarez,suarez he bought his band from from a lad in spain tall and blonde forgot his name luiz suarez liverpool's number 7
Xbox Live: oPeX QuAnTaM
Posted Image
Posted Image

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Someone where my wife works got 2 boxes for free from a WHSmiths.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

Matchattaxmad
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
The big display with loads of boxes has been moved so is they a change in promotion w here when and how

they could be rumers that the price of the cards could go down to half price ie "buy one get one free" from speaking with staff at tesco !!!! well all have to wait and see but i;m sure our members here will post it up,

was going to get them to see tonite for me, but they had already checked othewise had a few spare pennies to spend on only gerrad front packets!!!!

wish list cards signed ma12 19/520 3% ma champ 200/293 70% ma11 262/472 55% ma10 249/471 50% Ma10 ex 49/167 = 29% Ma09 157/451= 37% Ma09 ex60/170=35% Ma08 120/450 =26% Ma08 ex 16/162 =9.8% Ma07 72 =16% Ma07 ex / % pchamp 07 37/288 =12.8% S06 131/360=36% SO06ex 17/72 =23% S05 52/360 =14.4% SO5ex 4/60 = 6.6% S04 27/360 = 7.5% S03 19/360 = 5.2% P world cup 2010 6 = 1.7% T/signed=1400+

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Jun 30 2010, 09:59 PM

ALL - ANT does not claim to be a store manager but a departmental manager.

ok then...
Edited by traderleon, Jul 2 2010, 12:32 PM.
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
Posted Image

pnchocolates
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are the bulk of the signed Shilton & Lampard cards lurking in these huge stocks of unsold cards at Tesco.............................................

Imagine a Happy Day.........................
''Tesco Cashier'' - Here you are, please have some of the Match Attax cards, they are free today, we are getting rid of all our stock.
''Customer'' - Thank you very much. Leaving the store, eagerly opens the packets and to great surprise and joy....
A Signed Lampard and A Signed Shilton

Then I woke up !! Oh never mind ! It was good while it lasted
A Big Thankyou to all my Trading Partners

My Forum Feedback - Click Here

TRADE LIST - Click Here

WISH LIST - Click Here

Matchattaxmad
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
no it goes like this open a couple of packets hmmmmm this packet they have forgot to put a international in it as all the cards are the same way all red logo backs all in same order.

ohh hey someones put pen mark on this card, who would do that .

OMG OMG its a topps signed card like having a winiing lottery ticket and having that "charlie bucket" feeling and "cheeshire cat grin"
on the way back from tesco's
Edited by Matchattaxmad, Jul 2 2010, 11:32 PM.

felipemful
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
lol.but idoes think the special inserts are in there
hi!im felipemful,a match attax collector and collect match attax cards!go to http://felipemful.webs.com
my youtube http://twitter.com/felipemful
Posted Image
felipemful(101)*****(101)match attax
-------------COLLECTOR------------------

blackout216
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
well i hope an argument like this will never happen again its not nice to see people like traderleon and ant fighting

Diamond Matt
Member Avatar
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
It would be funny though if someone said they got free cards from Ants Tescos. haha

traderleon
Member Avatar
Masters Card
pahahahahaha made me LOL
Great traders :
RobPBS
alexcollects
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · World Cup 2010 Topps England Cards · Next Topic »
Add Reply