Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Answer thread for May/June 2010
Topic Started: Jul 21 2010, 09:21 PM (1,243 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Answers from Topps for a selection of the Questions.

Two more questions will be answered in detail sometime in the near future.. watch this space.

I don't have a winner as Topps didn't specify one, I have emailed asking for the member. I would imagine it will be one of those answered below or one of the two that will be answered soon.

Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Adz97 when is the launch tour for match attax 10/11

Answer: We have some exciting events planned for 2010/11 to coincide with the launch of the new collection in October. Keep an eye on our website for more information and to see if we are visiting a town near you!

Victor Meldrew Quite often the difference in a card not being classed as being in mint condition is due to its corners suffering slight damage. As this is the most vulnerable part of the Match Attax card, I would like to ask Topps whether cards with slightly rounded corners have ever been considered or suggested to help prevent this.

Answer: Good question. We have looked at changing the templates of our cards but find that the original template is always the most popular. We advise collectors to use their Match Attax binders, available in Starter Packs, to keep their cards in tip top condition.

MattieG7 How do you determine the stats on each card?

Answer: This is the question we get asked the most! We look at how the players performed last season and put forward a set of attack and defence ratings. These are discussed and debated by the whole team at Topps, who then decide the final ratings and importantly, who that special 101 players is going to be!

bibster With the popularity of the Legends cards available in the Match Attax England set, are you considering releasing a series of Premier League legends?

Answer: The Official England Match Attax Legends subset was a huge success and we will carefully look at whether this is something that can be included in future collections.

Arsenal7james Will There Be A Match Attax Live For The 10/11 Season?

Answer: Next season we will be launching a bigger, better version of Match Attax Live. There will be lots of new and exciting features to explore. Look out for more information on www.toppsfootball.com, in September.

JuveFC I notice the last few years you have produced a lot of limited edition and Signed cards with your Match attax and Topps total football sticker collections.
Dont you think that collectors will become disullusioned with your products as the majority of Parents for their kids and serious collectors want to complete sets and cannot with such rare cards in the set,

Answer: We appreciate that for some collectors it can be frustrating to miss out on signed or limited edition cards. These cards are always included as a separate subset to the main collections, as they are rarer and more challenging to find. We make sure that our Match Attax fans know where and when the signed and limited edition cards are available so they stand the best chance possible of finding one.

Victor Meldrew For future Match Attax releases, would you consider having a discreet number printed on each card that corresponded with the checklist as per the Topps Match Attax World Cup 2006 series. This would be a great help to identify the cards, make it easier when sorting out the cards prior to putting them in the binders and also be a quick reference to which card numbers are needed when ordering cards from you (providing you use the same numbers).

Answer: Another good question. We agree and will be putting a small collection number on each of the 2010/11 Match Attax cards.

Tollyman Could you explain how you make all the decisions about what will be included in each Match Attax set (who will be Limiteds, 100 Clubs, which players are MOTM etc..). What new card types will be added etc..

Answer: Here at Topps we put a lot of effort in keeping our collections new and exciting. We listen to our collectors and spend time thinking of new and exciting features. With Match Attax any new feature or addition must improve the game play and collector experience. These ideas are explored and tested and if successful make it into the new collection.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
andymac
Jul 21 2010, 10:47 PM
Wow! Great idea for numbers to be put onto the cards. Imagine how much easier it will be to sort the cards into order ready to put into the binder. When they say discreet do you imagine they will put this in the bottom corner of each card? Well done Victor Meldrew.
I'm not sure if they were going to do this anyway but if not then this is a great example of how a group of users can influence the manufacturers to make their product better (I hope Panini take note of this change!). Just what I wanted from the forum, took 2 years to get there but worth the wait.

I hope they don't make the mistake of putting the number on the back of the card! Might ruin their game slightly. :D

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
JuveFC
Jul 21 2010, 10:03 PM
Great work. Personally allthough Ive a question above I think Victor Meldrew should win as his idea of the numbers going on the Match Attax cards is actually going to be implemented by Topps for the next season. It will definately make life easier for us all, I hope they select this one!!!
Technically Victors question was infact a suggestion so should be disqualified! Just joking ;) :D

I agree it would be a worthy winner but I will ask topps to nominate. :cheers

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Victor Meldrew
Jul 22 2010, 08:28 PM
I was absolutely amazed and shocked when reading this thread this morning, when I discovered that two of my questions/suggestions have been answered by Topps and that one of them may possibly be incorporated into the next seasonís cards. The questions/suggestions all came about from my experiences whilst helping my son (now age 11) collect Match Attax cards from the 07/08 series onwards.
Not may but WILL be incorporated! :clap

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
JuveFC
Jul 22 2010, 08:29 AM
lol, yes it was a suggestion rather than a question!!! <br />Think Victor and you should be consultants to Topps - doing a much better job than some of their employees!!!<br />Interesting that the ratings are just decided by topps employees, no wonder some of them are so inaccurate!! shouldnt they use the Capello index...
JuveFC - You're so cynical!! :D

Thanks for the kind comments though, you're obviousley a great judge of character! :cheers

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Questions for Topps · Next Topic »
Add Reply