Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Has Anyone got any Pics Of the new Super Strikes 10-11
Topic Started: Sep 1 2010, 02:56 PM (3,579 Views)
Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Val
Sep 16 2010, 09:00 AM
I found on ebay a description for the new Adrenalyn Champions League set and there are mentioned "10 Limited Edition Autograph".
Does anyone know more about this subject?
Hmmm... Interesting, I just wish Panini would put the autographs in a more appropriate product. They look out of place when inserted into Adrenalyn and Match Attax type collections IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
do you have a link Val?

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
has anyone got any pics of the ACTUAL cards?

the silver fox
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
JuveFC
Sep 17 2010, 11:49 AM
do you have a link Val?
Here's the link :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADRENALYN-XL-UEFA-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-STARTER-PACK-NEW-/390237565969?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item5adbf8b411#ht_720wt_911

JuveFC
Masters Card
Thanks.

Oh no panini it looks like theres going to be 10 autograph cards inserted in packs is the way I read it....
NO NO NO PANINI dont be idiots like Topps, let us complete the sets :014

I hope I have read it wrong :(

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JuveFC
Sep 17 2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks.

Oh no panini it looks like theres going to be 10 autograph cards inserted in packs is the way I read it....

Don't be idiots like Topps?

At least Match Attax aren't designed with crayons and sprinkled with glitter.
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
lol moma,
that really made me lol and its very true :sf4 :sf4 :sf4

JuveFC
Masters Card
MasterOfMatchAttax
Sep 17 2010, 05:57 PM
JuveFC
Thanks.

no they cant afford to do that. Theyre just basic coloured cards unfortunately. Typical, hope this seasons are better.

I can understand your loyalty to Topps mate as you play the little game thing, when you get a bit older you may change your mind as Panini is geared more towards the collector with better quality cards.
Everyones entitled to their opinions... :cheers

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JuveFC
Sep 17 2010, 06:28 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
JuveFC
Thanks.

no they cant afford to do that. Theyre just basic coloured cards unfortunately. Typical, hope this seasons are better.

I can understand your loyalty to Topps mate as you play the little game thing, when you get a bit older you may change your mind as Panini is geared more towards the collector with better quality cards.
not entirely true juve. Paninni is good with stuff like that, as the world cup stickers have always been better. But the cards are just blatant copies of Match Attax - and poor ones at that. Pannini also have a ''little game thing'' with Adrenalyn, so since grown ups are the target audience I'm sure you're thriving about it! Paninni are terrible in many ways. One good way though is the way, as you say is their target audience for older people, yet Adrenalyn takes this one good factor away to leave you with well...10 minutes of MS paint and a printer that does glitter and (the thing that is supposed to make up for everything else...) embossed gold writing!!!!

Then the cards feel like bathroom tiles...their customer service is awful...and most of all, they dont care what the customer wants; it's just collection after collection of all this which makes me wonder what the point is.

Pricey JNR
Member Avatar
Masters Card
MasterOfMatchAttax
Sep 17 2010, 06:48 PM
JuveFC
MasterOfMatchAttax
JuveFC
Thanks.

not entirely true juve. Paninni is good with stuff like that, as the world cup stickers have always been better. But the cards are just blatant copies of Match Attax - and poor ones at that. Pannini also have a ''little game thing'' with Adrenalyn, so since grown ups are the target audience I'm sure you're thriving about it! Paninni are terrible in many ways. One good way though is the way, as you say is their target audience for older people, yet Adrenalyn takes this one good factor away to leave you with well...10 minutes of MS paint and a printer that does glitter and (the thing that is supposed to make up for everything else...) embossed gold writing!!!!

Then the cards feel like bathroom tiles...their customer service is awful...and most of all, they dont care what the customer wants; it's just collection after collection of all this which makes me wonder what the point is.
Do u normally argue MOMA
Great Traders:
Footymadwill(Will2k),Blandy33 x3,Cjchelsea, Jayce101 x2,LamboKeenie(MasterOfAdrenalyn) x2,Phild,PnChocolates,Tollyman,Pricey249( aka Pricey SNR), Swapit
NOTE: I DO NOT TRADE ABROAD(SORRY)[/colorFormer names: MatchAttaxCorey,MasterCoreyOfMatchAttax
AWARDS:
2010- Member Of The Year

JuveFC
Masters Card
They do claim its a game like you say of Adrenalyn but dont think they have any championships or promote it so much for the under 12s like topps. Personally the cards have stood up to the test of time by Panini, I wish I could say the same for topps. The card they use bends very easily and edges can become matted very easily unfortunately. Also the designs have been pretty disappointing apart from the MOTM on the england world cup set. I guess it is personal taste mate as you describe Panini as bathroom tiles!!!
The customer service at Panini is second to none. I have never had any problems in over 20 years if theyve sent wrong cards they always send the correct ones for free. I have had unbelievable problems with the Topps staff, there is one decent employee there it seems to me.
Totally different views to you, but I agree on 2 things :
panini copied match attax's ideas (saying that MA topps copied MAGIC BOX) and the stickers there is no comparison.

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JuveFC
Sep 17 2010, 06:59 PM
They do claim its a game like you say of Adrenalyn but dont think they have any championships or promote it so much for the under 12s like topps. Personally the cards have stood up to the test of time by Panini, I wish I could say the same for topps. The card they use bends very easily and edges can become matted very easily unfortunately. Also the designs have been pretty disappointing apart from the MOTM on the england world cup set. I guess it is personal taste mate as you describe Panini as bathroom tiles!!!
The customer service at Panini is second to none. I have never had any problems in over 20 years if theyve sent wrong cards they always send the correct ones for free. I have had unbelievable problems with the Topps staff, there is one decent employee there it seems to me.
Totally different views to you, but I agree on 2 things :
panini copied match attax's ideas (saying that MA topps copied MAGIC BOX) and the stickers there is no comparison.
Fair points...but if you're comparing card quality Paninni's are a bit like the 90s mobiles: very sturdy and strong but look awful and do nothing and Topps' are like the phones of today, which break if you drop them but make up for it at everything else XD

I personally have never had a single problem with Topps but realise it must be annoying for all the people who have. But you've got to remember that Paninni is a lot bigger company than Topps and the fact that their cards are being outsold speaks for itself.

JuveFC
Masters Card
I agree to a point MOMA. I dont think the cards are designed to be kept by collectors from topps, due to their flimsy nature. But I did laugh on the old mobiles thing, a good comparison!! Although Topps cards were even worse in 2007 (their first year). Expect Panini to improve considerably.
I think you are wrong on Topps outselling Panini - I think that MA only outsell Panini as it has the Premier League rights in England as they didnt outsell in the world cup collections - Adrenalyn hugely outweighed the sales of MA world stars in Germany alone. In Italy and Spain they were hardly any retailers who even bothered to stock the Topps version, it was all Adrenalyn.
Although, I dont think Topps is smaller than Panini is it? I thought Topps was a big international company??
At the end of the day it sounds you are very happy with the quality of the Topps cards and I assume you are more their target market as although 99.9% of you will never get the 1 of 100 cards to complete your sets it doesnt matter so much as you guys like the game they provide.
Everyones a winner.... :653

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think Paninni must be the bigger company if they are already worldwide whereas Topps is mainly UK and USA. The advantage Panini had for the world cup cards was the fact that they had all the liscenses. I think their England cards were pretty messed up but it's clear they were able to get to every country first, and the company was there to begin with so retailers just choose the ones they're familiar with as oppose to the ones that if they asked people which looked better they'd say MA. Im afraid I had to laugh at the prospect that Match Attax only outsell Adrenalyn in the UK because they have the league rights XD But like you said, with Paninni being such a big company, surely they must be able to improve considerable and the cards this year are an improvement on last years'. (But for the way I see it, the only way is up..)

In terms of target audience, if you go to the paninni hopepage the first thing I see is the Hello Kitty Superstar Collection as well as a bunch of others, but then, you see Topps merchendising the same sort of things as well - which shows they are both making the same things, so must clearly be aimed at the same audiences. If you think the 1 in 100 cards make it harder to collect MA then it would appear that they are the ones here aimed at the older target audience! But for everyone else it doesn't matter as the only thing you are collecting in essense is the holographic logos, as the cards themselves are already in the set. And how do we know paninni don't intend to make their 10 signed cards this year completely different cards? After that, i've managed to get every other MA card whereas with Paninni who knows how many variations of Adrenalyn there are around the world with different cards?

That said of course it is your choice in what to collect and different people have different criteria. For me the biggest one is card design and for you it appears to be sturdiness of the cards and no signed cards to put you off, and I'm fine with that. :cheers

Laccy
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I reckon that match attax are for u12 , and pannini any age tbh.

But I prefer match attax XD

I'm u12 btw. :ontopic :wink
Liverpool for ever :D

Posted Image

JuveFC
Masters Card
I like your first point, I had to laugh also about you saying Panini outsell because they have the world cup licenses compared to Topps, much similar to my point which made you laugh. Topps actually take Panini to court if they attempt to sell Premier League cards in the UK whereas Panini allow Topps to produce world cup cards for the foreign market in the form of fair competition. See the court case from 2003. That is the ONLY reason why Topps outsell Panini on english league collections because they have paid the money to give no option but to collect them if you like premier league despite their useless design which my 5 year old could do. There the only collection on this league!!!
The panini cards are designed with much more quality than the atrociously designed gaming Match attax cards with a lot more expensive processes, but Yes hopefully Topps will improve year on year.
Topps are at least just as big as Panini fella fully worldwide, unfortunately Panini yes agreed have been around much longer and have a much better reputation in the collector market especially after the Americans got disulusioned by the quality topps were producing and now in the last few years Panini have ruled the majority of the NBA market share also. The US market is where the big money goes for.
Wow, youve got all the different world stars 2010 editions Topps released worldwide, that is really impressive mate. I know they released a lot more different versions than Panini did for their adrenalyn set.
I dont understand the hello kitty point, that is obviously aimed at little girls, all hello kitty products are??? thats like topps sell little boys wwe stickers also??
Interesting point, on you being fine with not getting the hologram cards, totally understand as you just get to play the game with. We just have different views makes the forum so enjoyable mate. :cheers

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Whoa whoa hold on there, I don't have a problem with the Match Attax design, I think their cards have been really consistent tbh Ok so maybe the England cards could have been a little better but they couldn't have done it any differently given that they hadn't the WC liscence.

The hello kitty point was to say that both Topps and Paninni franchise products for a similar target audience so you can't say Paninni is purely aimed for the more serious collecter, unless you were just on about collectability?

As for World stars, there is only 1 variation, the worldwide one. Apart from that the ony differences are the LEs and the main featured language on the card. For me, it's about getting every different card made bar all the different languages for MotM ect. Am I incorrect in saying then that Panini released a set for Germany, a Set for South Africa ect with almost completely different cards in each?

I just have to ask though, what is it about the Paninni design that makes the cards appeal so much? :)

JuveFC
Masters Card
Oh you like the current MA design at the moment, sorry got the wrong end of the stick!! May I ask Why?
Yes I like the Panini card better at the moment as more professional design and much better materials used given it, in my opinion, better quality. Looks a bit more dare I say, grown up version.

Oh I see, but hello Kitty is a kids thing, Football is for all ages 5 to 105!! I think the Football collections are aimed at an older age range to be honest, I am obviously not talking about Teletubbies, made up wrestling or things like that which are obviously for the little 'uns which are produced by both Panini and Topps I am talking about the football sector.

You are incorrect in saying that Panini released a completely different set of Adrenalyns in Germany, South Africa etc I think. The only thing they had to do was use different jerseys for some of the german team and blank out the England shirts etc players because of the rights which Topps had paid to the FA. I think you are muddled with the Topps set where I know that the German edition also has 35 base players which are not even included in the UK set and there are a lot more england players not released into the international market, and yes as you mention the various different MOTM.

I think it comes down to personal preference but am enjoying your views as it is always good to hear opposing opinions. Panini v Topps the great debate!! :653

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I like the Match Attax cards because of the background design, there's also a wide variety of textures on the card from smooth surfaces for the player and a rougher surface for the background. With the MotMs ect you have the nice rainbow foil effect and embossed writing with the gold stars as well. There are some things about the new design like where the Position is written and red being adopted as the 2nd colour, but overall I think it beats the always smooth surface of Adrenalyn. Just looking at one of the old Super Strikes cards I can see on the back a huge ugly pitch, loads of logos and copyright writing, compared to Match Attax which only 2 logos and the badge, and the position in writing! If anything else puts me off the Adrenalyn cards it's the arrows for the scores and the silly middle score. They chose the worst possible colours for them as well, and no writing to classify what exacly the scores are for; to find that out you need to refer to the rules sheet you threw away when you bought the starter pack!

I honestly didn't know there were that few variations for the worldwide set of Adrenalyn. Aren't there many differences listed here?
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6699956/1/

So overall there are more or less the same number of differences but the different MA cards were easier to obtain for me...
Edited by MasterOfMatchAttax, Sep 18 2010, 11:14 AM.

JuveFC
Masters Card
MasterOfMatchAttax
Sep 18 2010, 11:12 AM
I like the Match Attax cards because of the background design, there's also a wide variety of textures on the card from smooth surfaces for the player and a rougher surface for the background. With the MotMs ect you have the nice rainbow foil effect and embossed writing with the gold stars as well. There are some things about the new design like where the Position is written and red being adopted as the 2nd colour, but overall I think it beats the always smooth surface of Adrenalyn. Just looking at one of the old Super Strikes cards I can see on the back a huge ugly pitch, loads of logos and copyright writing, compared to Match Attax which only 2 logos and the badge, and the position in writing! If anything else puts me off the Adrenalyn cards it's the arrows for the scores and the silly middle score. They chose the worst possible colours for them as well, and no writing to classify what exacly the scores are for; to find that out you need to refer to the rules sheet you threw away when you bought the starter pack!

I honestly didn't know there were that few variations for the worldwide set of Adrenalyn. Aren't there many differences listed here?
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6699956/1/

So overall there are more or less the same number of differences but the different MA cards were easier to obtain for me...
U put your point across well, again as you explain down to personal taste as Ive never really looked at the numbers as dont play the game. I go more for the picture with the actual national kit on rather than just a red shirt or whatever and prefer the smooth surfaces to the rough seemingly unfinished version.

I agree that there is about the same differences, Panini did release different versions of the same players but Topps didnt even bother printed some players in certain countries. Leaving out one of the top goalscorers for the world cup Higuain for the UK edition. The international edition they could only be bothered to do about 141 base cards. A horrendous error leaving Higuain out in my book as he was joint favourite in the bookies before the tournament to be top goalscorer so hardly a surprise and should of been included.

International Adrenalyn versions were much easier to obtain for me as Panini supplied them direct, however on asking topps they were unable to provide for example Higuain base for the set because I was resident in the UK, they didnt even knew it existed!!??

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think as you more or less pointed out there it is down to personal taste and the player pics ar quite good for Adrenalyn, but apart from the fact that you like the all smooth surface are you saying that the only other reason is that Adrenalyn had the full player pics?

Going back to what I said earlier about how I think Panini is a bit bigger of a company; the owners of Match Attax here have nothing to do with what happens in other worldwide releases as that is worldwide Topps which is why worldwide sets are of a poorer quality or miss a lot of cards out. And here's the funny part which fits so perfectly into the discusssion: the ones we get in the uk...are printed in Milan XD (according to tescomatchattax)

So Topps made the UK set probably months before the world cup started, meaning they were never gonna get it 100% accurate. World stars was a bit more accurate with the scores though as players like for example, Suarez got much better scores and a good number of England players got lower scores!

JuveFC
Masters Card
the main reason is the cards stay in mint unused condition (the way I like them) whereas the MA no matter how hard you try start flicking on the corner with any handling due to the lighter card despite storing in the binders. Im not saying I dislike the topps cards, I just like the Panini designs more. :1356

I think I am too fussy for my own good. :wink

Im pretty sure the topps UK operation is still a subsidary of Topps worldwide, similar to the individual Panini entities based in each country.

enjoyed reading the info on the Topps cards printed in Milan though, never knew that, no wonder they are not of the highest quality an Inter fan must have produced them, LOL!! I know they used to be produced and printed by CCL or someone like that before they got taken over.

Topps UK still should of known who Higuain was, Top scorer for Real Madrid. Maybe you should let them know he is quite highly rated next time!! If they didnt get much input from europe I suppose you can understand looking at some of the mistakes they have made. Joke - I guess there knowledge only lies in the Premier League.

Anyway, we better not hijack this thread anymore, its better to agree to disagree and remain friends :ontopic

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
MasterOfMatchAttax
Sep 18 2010, 10:21 AM
Whoa whoa hold on there, I don't have a problem with the Match Attax design, I think their cards have been really consistent tbh Ok so maybe the England cards could have been a little better but they couldn't have done it any differently given that they hadn't the WC liscence.

The hello kitty point was to say that both Topps and Paninni franchise products for a similar target audience so you can't say Paninni is purely aimed for the more serious collecter, unless you were just on about collectability?

As for World stars, there is only 1 variation, the worldwide one. Apart from that the ony differences are the LEs and the main featured language on the card. For me, it's about getting every different card made bar all the different languages for MotM ect. Am I incorrect in saying then that Panini released a set for Germany, a Set for South Africa ect with almost completely different cards in each?

I just have to ask though, what is it about the Paninni design that makes the cards appeal so much? :)
England cards was better than 10/11!
Posted Image

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
MasterOfMatchAttax
Sep 17 2010, 06:48 PM
JuveFC
MasterOfMatchAttax
JuveFC
Thanks.

topps started in europe 1995 panini:1961
Yes, they bstarted before 1939 or something,but only in the USA(And did they make soccer cards there????)I think NOOO!!!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Panini Champions League 09/10 Cards 'Super Strikes' · Next Topic »
Add Reply