Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
World Cup 2010 Edition-Dissapointing?
Topic Started: Dec 9 2010, 10:18 PM (837 Views)
MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To experience sort of what you're describing the Sticker album versions for these sets are quite good as they provide stats for the players about their careers etc, and are able to include more players at that. Personally, along with many other people I suspect, cards are more fun to collect though.

Match Attax England did highlight the main players for each team and if you'd have had say 9 players for Algeria their scores would have probably dropped to the 30s for example and would be generally undesirable. With the World Stars set however there were a few more players included and they look a great addition to any match attax england binder. (I could provide ebay links if you're interested)
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Mark Bradford (U.K)
Dec 9 2010, 10:34 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Dec 9 2010, 10:27 PM
To experience sort of what you're describing the Sticker album versions for these sets are quite good as they provide stats for the players about their careers etc, and are able to include more players at that. Personally, along with many other people I suspect, cards are more fun to collect though.

Match Attax England did highlight the main players for each team and if you'd have had say 9 players for Algeria their scores would have probably dropped to the 30s for example and would be generally undesirable. With the World Stars set however there were a few more players included and they look a great addition to any match attax england binder. (I could provide ebay links if you're interested)
Great post, I understand completley. I just find it a tad frustrating and just wish they could have dibulged abit more into other teams. The world cup is arguably the most unpredictable tournament in the world so to have loads of cards available for England, France and Italy who all had awful world cup and to have like 5/6 cards on Ghana who had a great world cup, I think is a abit unfair and embarrasing on Topps behalf. As for the Ebay links, much appreciated but no thank you, i'll stick with concentrating on the premierLeague set for now :) Love your videos by the way :)
Haha, cheers :)

I suppose the main thing is appeal, I mean, a collection based in England alone thats main function is to be a game won't really work as good as a collecter's collection, because of how people will make teams etc. I wished they'd released more to make up the numbers for the people who's main motive is just to collect though. Though I'd bet they only did players like Heskey because Cappello had the crazy idea he's be lifting the World Cup at the end of the tournament XD

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
It all depends what you're into. Personally, I think it's the more the LEs the better, as it feels like you've accomplished more to complete a set that contained more. No LE is impossible to get, in fact, the German set last year was fairly easy and most of the les were like 3. You can't just make up random facts like that!! 08/09 German is a proper challenge though. IMO, the German sets though, have always been much better, apart from the English 07/08 season.

For me, World Stars is what saved Match Attax England, and both sets look immense together. In terms of which collections peak your interest, it's all down to personal taste.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · World Cup 2010 Topps England Cards · Next Topic »
Add Reply