Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
World Cup 2010 Edition-Dissapointing?
Topic Started: Dec 9 2010, 10:18 PM (834 Views)
Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mark Bradford (U.K)
Dec 9 2010, 10:34 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Dec 9 2010, 10:27 PM
To experience sort of what you're describing the Sticker album versions for these sets are quite good as they provide stats for the players about their careers etc, and are able to include more players at that. Personally, along with many other people I suspect, cards are more fun to collect though.

Match Attax England did highlight the main players for each team and if you'd have had say 9 players for Algeria their scores would have probably dropped to the 30s for example and would be generally undesirable. With the World Stars set however there were a few more players included and they look a great addition to any match attax england binder. (I could provide ebay links if you're interested)
Great post, I understand completley. I just find it a tad frustrating and just wish they could have dibulged abit more into other teams. The world cup is arguably the most unpredictable tournament in the world so to have loads of cards available for England, France and Italy who all had awful world cup and to have like 5/6 cards on Ghana who had a great world cup, I think is a abit unfair and embarrasing on Topps behalf. As for the Ebay links, much appreciated but no thank you, i'll stick with concentrating on the premierLeague set for now :) Love your videos by the way :)
and uruguay. fourth place!

As topps are the license owers for england, they would have to prioritise the england squad. and there wouldn't be many cards from the teams mentioned above. this is usually aimed at children and you don't expect a 10 year old naming the entire 23 man squad for algeria.

DON'T FORGET, THERE'S ALWAYS PANINI

Feedback & Trusted Traders
Trade list
Wishlist

Don't sack the manager, sack the players!

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
JuveFC
Dec 9 2010, 10:43 PM
Sickone95
Dec 9 2010, 10:39 PM
Mark Bradford (U.K)
MasterOfMatchAttax
To experience sort of what you're describing the Sticker album versions for these sets are quite good as they provide stats for the players about their careers etc, and are able to include more players at that. Personally, along with many other people I suspect, cards are more fun to collect though. <br /><br />Match Attax England did highlight the main players for each team and if you'd have had say 9 players for Algeria their scores would have probably dropped to the 30s for example and would be generally undesirable. With the World Stars set however there were a few more players included and they look a great addition to any match attax england binder. (I could provide ebay links if you're interested)
Great post, I understand completley. I just find it a tad frustrating and just wish they could have dibulged abit more into other teams. The world cup is arguably the most unpredictable tournament in the world so to have loads of cards available for England, France and Italy who all had awful world cup and to have like 5/6 cards on Ghana who had a great world cup, I think is a abit unfair and embarrasing on Topps behalf. As for the Ebay links, much appreciated but no thank you, i'll stick with concentrating on the premierLeague set for now :) Love your videos by the way :)
and uruguay. fourth place!<br /><br />As topps are the license owers for england, they would have to prioritise the england squad. and there wouldn't be many cards from the teams mentioned above. this is usually aimed at children and you don't expect a 10 year old naming the entire 23 man squad for algeria.<br /><br />DON'T FORGET, THERE'S ALWAYS PANINI
your going to get grief from (Mr Topps) MOMA for that ;)
for the 10 yr old bit or the end sentence?

Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
Mark Bradford (U.K)
Dec 9 2010, 10:51 PM
Sickone95
Dec 9 2010, 10:39 PM
Mark Bradford (U.K)
MasterOfMatchAttax
To experience sort of what you're describing the Sticker album versions for these sets are quite good as they provide stats for the players about their careers etc, and are able to include more players at that. Personally, along with many other people I suspect, cards are more fun to collect though.

Match Attax England did highlight the main players for each team and if you'd have had say 9 players for Algeria their scores would have probably dropped to the 30s for example and would be generally undesirable. With the World Stars set however there were a few more players included and they look a great addition to any match attax england binder. (I could provide ebay links if you're interested)
and uruguay. fourth place!

As topps are the license owers for england, they would have to prioritise the england squad. and there wouldn't be many cards from the teams mentioned above. this is usually aimed at children and you don't expect a 10 year old naming the entire 23 man squad for algeria.

DON'T FORGET, THERE'S ALWAYS PANINI
Thats very true. However I'm unsure whether a 10 year old could name a 23 man squad other than Englands to be honest. If it was upto me all teams would have had like 10 cards each to collect, with a legends set, keeping it nice and simple, however obviously an idea which people will have differing opinions on. (I also reckon there were far too many LE too)
I thought the amount of le's available in UK was reasonable. it was just all of the foreign ones from other countries that annoyed me. didn't bother that much with the LE's in the end.
if you thought that the england set was bad, you should see the first collection or the german ones.

Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
a LE for every team (18 in total, some were impossible to get)

Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · World Cup 2010 Topps England Cards · Next Topic »
Add Reply