Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Panini are best; Reply to the topps stats......
Topic Started: Dec 22 2010, 01:49 PM (30,987 Views)
MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Income:620 million Euro(2009)
Employees:over 700
Countries: 100
Archive:over 300 000 Photographs
Founded:1961
Subsidiaries are located in:
Chile
Brazil
Mexico
U.S.A.
UK
Spain
France
Holland
Switzerland
Germany
Turkey
Edited by MGZN, Dec 22 2010, 02:12 PM.
YOURE MUM GAY
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
Wikipedia has come to our defence once again. ;)

Feedback & Trusted Traders
Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
An income of 620 in 2009, eh? That's more than I expected! :rofl
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
MasterOfMatchAttax
Dec 22 2010, 01:58 PM
An income of 620 in 2009, eh? That's more than I expected! :rofl
lol yeah

Hopefully mastergladiatus meant 620 trillion billion gazillion
lol

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
sorry...forgot 000
YOURE MUM GAY

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
******************I forgot 3 0s more.... :rant :rant
YOURE MUM GAY

JuveFC
Masters Card
Panini 620 million euros worldwide... WOW great figures mastergladiatus

Topps 32 million sales in UK
wonder what Topps figure is worldwide? 100m euros?

You've cheered me up lads, that really sums up who the market leader is. Always thought it was closer than that?
MODERATORS - PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCOUNT.

Pricey SNR
Member Avatar
God naaaa I'm Better
Time for us Panini lads to take the fight to Topps lads ;)

Some really impressive Stats
Big thanks to EVERYONE I've traded with your all Awesome. About Me: Probably the cockiest person on Earth and also the Coolest, see what i mean !!!! ;) Formally known as Pricey249
Posted Image
I AM LE.....Megamind ?

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
Remember that figure was for 2009. the year with no world cup in it.

imagine what the figure is for 2010. what with the world cup and the new rights that they are getting for the american sports

Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

JuveFC
Masters Card
I honestly thought Topps were bigger than that to be honest. Surely the figures cant be right? with sales like that no fight to be had!!

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Difference is though that Match Attax is just in UK, Malaysia, SA, Singapore, Australia...
Panini is all these places and everywhere else. Then there's everything else to take into account. I think they have the capacity to do more in terms of selling in other countries because Topps is more of a baseball card company (so only America really cares about the stuff they do) then the tiny part of it that is Topps Europe that's only been around for 15 years is only just starting to grow. Imagine what the difference would be if Topps were a Europe-based worldwide company that mainly makes football cards. The fact that they've taken the UK and Germany so much by storm would suggest that a bigger version of the company more wide spread across the world would be a proper challenge for Panini in terms of sales.
Edited by MasterOfMatchAttax, Dec 22 2010, 02:28 PM.

JuveFC
Masters Card
hope they do that - although 32 million isnt as impressive as I thought when first reading it looking at Panini's sales. Little bit laughable that they were boasting about those figures. not really in the same league.
Surely topps must do a lot of turnover on baseball which would get them a little closer as this wouldnt of been counted then?
we all just want great sets at the end of the day Im not really bothered how massive Panini are compared to Topps.

Mark Bradford (U.K)
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
JuveFC
Dec 22 2010, 02:36 PM
hope they do that - although 32 million isnt as impressive as I thought when first reading it looking at Panini's sales. Little bit laughable that they were boasting about those figures. not really in the same league.
Surely topps must do a lot of turnover on baseball which would get them a little closer as this wouldnt of been counted then?
we all just want great sets at the end of the day Im not really bothered how massive Panini are compared to Topps.

:worship :worship
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6750690/1/#new Trading Feedback

Completed Sets:
Topps Premier League Stickers 2011
Match Attax Premier League 10/11
Match Attax England 2010
Match Attax Extra 2009/2010

Pricey SNR
Member Avatar
God naaaa I'm Better
JuveFC
Dec 22 2010, 02:36 PM
hope they do that - although 32 million isnt as impressive as I thought when first reading it looking at Panini's sales. Little bit laughable that they were boasting about those figures. not really in the same league.<br />Surely topps must do a lot of turnover on baseball which would get them a little closer as this wouldnt of been counted then?<br />we all just want great sets at the end of the day Im not really bothered how massive Panini are compared to Topps.
Juve looks like your gettin a bit similar to someone on here ;) not to mention names

Don't get to cheeky for your own good :P

:1356
Big thanks to EVERYONE I've traded with your all Awesome. About Me: Probably the cockiest person on Earth and also the Coolest, see what i mean !!!! ;) Formally known as Pricey249
Posted Image
I AM LE.....Megamind ?

JuveFC
Masters Card
Panini has gave me a big head today - sorry guys :1356

I blame Snr really

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
the trouble is topps dont own the rights for european teams and other national teams as shown in MA England and World Stars and i think that is where they are next trying to invest but masterofmatchattax you forgot Germany!!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
topps sell in 40 countries at least around the world.
They do have the jewel in the crown though - 'the premier league distribution rights'. Need to concentrate on making great sets for this.

spursdave
spursdave
Next Year Panini and Topps are amalgamating and will be called............

PANTOS.

They won't look back or was it look behind you?
http://bluntshallbooksandtradingcards.webplus.net/index.html

Mark Bradford (U.K)
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
spursdave
Dec 22 2010, 03:57 PM

PANTOS.

:bum

Completed Sets:
Match Attax England 2010

spursdave
spursdave
OUCH!!!!!
http://bluntshallbooksandtradingcards.webplus.net/index.html

Mark Bradford (U.K)
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
spursdave
Dec 22 2010, 04:22 PM
OUCH!!!!!
lol. Im afraid your joke deserved that :wink

Completed Sets:
Match Attax England 2010

Cunzy_Kid
Member Avatar
Hundred Club
MasterOfMatchAttax
Dec 22 2010, 02:28 PM
Difference is though that Match Attax is just in UK, Malaysia, SA, Singapore, Australia...
Panini is all these places and everywhere else. Then there's everything else to take into account. I think they have the capacity to do more in terms of selling in other countries because Topps is more of a baseball card company (so only America really cares about the stuff they do) then the tiny part of it that is Topps Europe that's only been around for 15 years is only just starting to grow. Imagine what the difference would be if Topps were a Europe-based worldwide company that mainly makes football cards. The fact that they've taken the UK and Germany so much by storm would suggest that a bigger version of the company more wide spread across the world would be a proper challenge for Panini in terms of sales.
This, you took the words out of my mouth !
Football enthusiast

JuveFC
Masters Card
Cunzy_Kid
Dec 22 2010, 05:56 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Dec 22 2010, 02:28 PM
Difference is though that Match Attax is just in UK, Malaysia, SA, Singapore, Australia...<br />Panini is all these places and everywhere else. Then there's everything else to take into account. I think they have the capacity to do more in terms of selling in other countries because Topps is more of a baseball card company (so only America really cares about the stuff they do) then the tiny part of it that is Topps Europe that's only been around for 15 years is only just starting to grow. Imagine what the difference would be if Topps were a Europe-based worldwide company that mainly makes football cards. The fact that they've taken the UK and Germany so much by storm would suggest that a bigger version of the company more wide spread across the world would be a proper challenge for Panini in terms of sales.
This, you took the words out of my mouth !
topps sell in at least 40 countries. no match for Panini in sales in most of these. I think they should concentrate on the UK brand to keep us all happy.

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
spursdave
Dec 22 2010, 03:57 PM

PANTOS.

Mabye Pantoppsi
YOURE MUM GAY

raz
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
panini are better than topps
manchester city for ever and tell me if you live near oldham :)

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
raz
Dec 22 2010, 07:02 PM
Agreed

JuveFC
Masters Card
MasterOfAdrenalyn
Dec 22 2010, 07:03 PM
raz
Agreed
Agreed, looking at the size of each company, not even worth comparing the 2 now.

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
raz
Disagreed :P

Pricey SNR
Member Avatar
God naaaa I'm Better
JuveFC
Dec 22 2010, 02:47 PM
Panini has gave me a big head today - sorry guys :1356

I blame Snr really
Fair play Sir

I top my hat to you

*Tops hat*
Posted Image
I AM LE.....Megamind ?

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
JuveFC
Dec 22 2010, 07:05 PM
MasterOfAdrenalyn
raz
Agreed
Agreed, looking at the size of each company, not even worth comparing the 2 now.
I fourth that. Topps should be compared to something like magic box int or futera (well the designs of topps'll lose

Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
Sickone95
Dec 22 2010, 10:49 PM
JuveFC
MasterOfAdrenalyn
raz
Agreed
I fourth that. Topps should be compared to something like magic box int or futera (well the designs of topps'll lose
The designs from topps is awful comparing to Futera!
YOURE MUM GAY

garystephens
Limited Edition
Topps relies on it's USA products really to boost their numbers. The EPL obviously helps them and without it they'd struggle but even with it they are nothing compared to Panini and need baseball to sort their numbers out. Topps mainly deal with Match Attaxk and stickers in England & Germany and have a few other things.

In contrast, Panini has yearly league collections in Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Switzerland (I think), Scotland, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Portugal, Mexico, Peru and many, many more. They even do them for Cyprus now! They have factories in Italy, Brazil & Argentina and they have all the official rights for the World Cup, European Championships, Champions League, Copa America & African Cup Of Nations. The only one missing really is the Gold Cup. They also do collections for specific clubs such as Man Utd, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid and many more plus they can have tournament winner collections and specific to national teams. When you add trading cards and the progress they're making in America with NFL etc too, they dance all over Topps.

Panini are always going to be bigger though mainly because they have been around longer. They have been doing collections in France & Belgium and before they lost the licenses Germany, England & Holland since the 1970's and in Italy since the 1960's. They established in Brazil in 1990 and have supplied South America from there since. As good as some of the Topps products are (stickers, not cards), it is like the Blue Square Premier Division versus the Champions League.

Oh, and I've not even started on the non football collections that are released for every single movie that comes out etc.
Edited by garystephens, Dec 23 2010, 04:26 PM.

JuveFC
Masters Card
garystephens
Dec 23 2010, 04:25 PM
Topps relies on it's USA products really to boost their numbers. The EPL obviously helps them and without it they'd struggle but even with it they are nothing compared to Panini and need baseball to sort their numbers out. Topps mainly deal with Match Attaxk and stickers in England & Germany and have a few other things.

In contrast, Panini has yearly league collections in Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Switzerland (I think), Scotland, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Portugal, Mexico, Peru and many, many more. They even do them for Cyprus now! They have factories in Italy, Brazil & Argentina and they have all the official rights for the World Cup, European Championships, Champions League, Copa America & African Cup Of Nations. The only one missing really is the Gold Cup. They also do collections for specific clubs such as Man Utd, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid and many more plus they can have tournament winner collections and specific to national teams. When you add trading cards and the progress they're making in America with NFL etc too, they dance all over Topps.

Panini are always going to be bigger though mainly because they have been around longer. They have been doing collections in France & Belgium and before they lost the licenses Germany, England & Holland since the 1970's and in Italy since the 1960's. They established in Brazil in 1990 and have supplied South America from there since. As good as some of the Topps products are (stickers, not cards), it is like the Blue Square Premier Division versus the Champions League.

Oh, and I've not even started on the non football collections that are released for every single movie that comes out etc.
my favourite post of 2010!! great info Gary.

That finally puts to bed any silly comparisons made between the 2 companies now. Pretty much a waste of time as in different leagues (literally!!!).

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
mastergladiatus
Dec 23 2010, 06:02 AM
Sickone95
JuveFC
MasterOfAdrenalyn
raz
Agreed
tell me about it. i bet the guys at futera use panini and topps cards as toilet paper at their headquarters.

Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

Maxi Taxi
Masters Card
Sickone95
Dec 27 2010, 01:26 AM
mastergladiatus
Sickone95
JuveFC
MasterOfAdrenalyn
raz
Agreed
tell me about it. i bet the guys at futera use panini and topps cards as toilet paper at their headquarters.
LOL,Great stats there Master Gladiatus :clap
I quit quite a while ago, I stop in on the forums from time to time.

JuveFC
Masters Card
Sickone95
Dec 27 2010, 01:26 AM
mastergladiatus
Sickone95
JuveFC
MasterOfAdrenalyn
raz
Agreed
they probably use their own cards sick as they sell about 1 card every 100,000 panini sell :sf4
Edited by JuveFC, Dec 27 2010, 07:00 AM.

Cunzy_Kid
Member Avatar
Hundred Club
MasterOfMatchAttax
Dec 22 2010, 07:06 PM
raz
Disagreed :P
Same ;)
Football enthusiast

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
Cunzy_Kid
Dec 27 2010, 11:41 AM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Dec 22 2010, 07:06 PM
raz
panini are better than Topps
Agreed :P
Same ;)
Edited by MGZN, Jun 14 2011, 04:53 PM.
YOURE MUM GAY

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
To all people who say topps are the best...

READ THE TITLE. ;)

Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

JuveFC
Masters Card
Sickone95
Dec 27 2010, 12:27 PM
To all people who say topps are the best...<br /><br /><br />READ THE TITLE. ;)
who are Topps sick?
they're so small didnt notice them :rofl

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Chit Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply