Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
25 quid for all the champions
Topic Started: Jan 8 2011, 09:52 PM (2,018 Views)
LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i recently sold my adrenalyn champions on ebay..

they went for 26 pound and 6 pence

I thought they would have gone for more having seen them finish 50 quid plus+

TBH im a bit disapointed but i cant do anything about it :/

What do you think.. didnt they grap a bargain
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
Think the buyer must have been called Dick Turpin,
I would realistically expect at least double that and often treble :rant
Tradelist Feedback Wishlist
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Blandy33
Member Avatar
No longer a member
Maybe you did the auction at a bad time for the cards?
Most Helpful Member 2010 :)

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Footy_Talk/index/

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Blandy33
Jan 8 2011, 10:00 PM
i did it straight after i saw one go for double

Blandy33
Member Avatar
No longer a member
LamboKeenie
Jan 8 2011, 10:01 PM
Blandy33
Jan 8 2011, 10:00 PM
i did it straight after i saw one go for double
Ahh, I can't think why it struggled :shrug
Most Helpful Member 2010 :)

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Footy_Talk/index/

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
I think he means time of day.

Your best time for your auction to end is evening 6pm-7.30 (when most people are home from work, school etc) Ideally on a Sunday too.

swapit
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Thats really cheap
Wish List
Trade List
Feedback
Trades on FCF-84
waiting to get cards from-0 people
waitng for ... people to get their cards-0 people

Arsenal FC

papagali
Masters Card
a real bargain..:(sorry for you buddy
My wishlist
My trade Gallery
My feedback

blinkers66
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
it would of been more. I was watching the item but was away from the computor unexpectedly today!

spurs.attax
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bad luck. If you list the champions separately, could recieve double or triple that amount.
Completed Trades: l1sboa x 2, papagali, JuveFC, hattersfan x 3, longlongago_08, blizzard, maxi taxi, mrexplodeify, ashvin, CharlesHK, pnchocolates x 2, Rollcollector, Koda, vorronin, hotspurs95, ho123wang, monkey76, shauncheng1, matchattaxmasters22 x 3, dom9lfc, yerai95, garystephens, Zabolek, MA!CCFC98, mojoe x 2, mszaby x 2, Matt, kgarnett x 3, gp#3 x 3, Hirozil, Cardmonster
Want List last updated Oct 13, 2015
Trade List last updated Oct 13, 2015
My Feedback
Picasa Album

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
mufc17
Jan 8 2011, 10:04 PM
I think he means time of day.

Your best time for your auction to end is evening 6pm-7.30 (when most people are home from work, school etc) Ideally on a Sunday too.

i did but it finished on a saturday

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Someone got a bargain! If you dont get that much money can you choose not to send? (I dont know eBay very well)

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Arsenal101
Jan 9 2011, 09:50 AM
Someone got a bargain! If you dont get that much money can you choose not to send? (I dont know eBay very well)
i'd get bad feedback though

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
i bid on them as well
if id known they were yours we could have done a deal for cash and cards
i was the one who pushed it up but i ran out of time

Gbamast
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's A Noob Move from the buyer
мαинєѕтєя υиιтє∂ fαи!
And Basingstoke Bison Ice Hockey Team Fan ;)
Posted Image

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
jayce101
Jan 9 2011, 10:24 AM
i bid on them as well
if id known they were yours we could have done a deal for cash and cards
i was the one who pushed it up but i ran out of time
You might get a second chance offer!!
The buyer still hasnt paid yet :rant

JuveFC
Masters Card
you chose the wrong time to sell them Lambo. Collections normally dip in value for the first couple of years after the initial demand has gone when they are released. After a couple of years the value of the cards rise slowly year on year depending on the rarity of the cards.
I think the problem is that overseas buyers can also buy direct from Panini on this collection whereas for example with the Super Strikes extra set they are unable to do so which doesnt help the amount of potential bidders.
MODERATORS - PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCOUNT.

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Good point.. Maybe in 2012 i will sell the other set i have of them

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
well id be happy to
i always pay immediately after winning
I just think its rude otherwise
still waiting payment myself for something that finished three days ago

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
jayce101
Jan 9 2011, 11:43 AM
well id be happy to
What gets me is..

He won it in the last minute.. so why didnt he pay straight after

ChampionOfAdrenalyn
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
LamboKeenie
Jan 9 2011, 11:56 AM
jayce101
Jan 9 2011, 11:43 AM
well id be happy to
What gets me is..

He won it in the last minute.. so why didnt he pay straight after
bit dodgy but the buyer must be pretty stupid , the quicker you pay/trade the quicker you receive (my moto for trading :worship ) he put money on it for such EPIC cards yet takes it easy .... what a fool :fing
wishlist :) trades :) feedback :)

LamboKeenie
Member Avatar
Masters Card
He paid the other day

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
LamboKeenie
Jan 12 2011, 06:01 PM
He paid the other day
That's good :)

ChampionOfAdrenalyn
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
LamboKeenie
Jan 12 2011, 06:01 PM
He paid the other day
ooh kk (buy loads of adrenalyn + match attax) :653
wishlist :) trades :) feedback :)

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
:D bummer

Zabolek
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Regarding why some people pay only after a couple of days, they can have several items on which they bid, and want to group their payments in one go. Sometimes, I wait one or two days for that reason; and if the auction ends during the weekend, that also makes no difference (from the point of view that you receive the cards quicker) if you pay on Saturday or on Monday morning.
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
Zabolek
Jan 13 2011, 02:00 PM
Regarding why some people pay only after a couple of days, they can have several items on which they bid, and want to group their payments in one go. Sometimes, I wait one or two days for that reason; and if the auction ends during the weekend, that also makes no difference (from the point of view that you receive the cards quicker) if you pay on Saturday or on Monday morning.
Good points Zabolek :clap

PumaDrifter
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
These days (when im still collecting) I see champions goes for like 3 pounds each or even more....so I think you should have sell your "champion" set later not so early...but now it is what it is, feel bad for ya...

@JUVEFC
"you chose the wrong time to sell them Lambo. Collections normally dip in value for the first couple of years after the initial demand has gone when they are released. After a couple of years the value of the cards rise slowly year on year depending on the rarity of the cards.
I think the problem is that overseas buyers can also buy direct from Panini on this collection whereas for example with the Super Strikes extra set they are unable to do so which doesnt help the amount of potential bidders."

not to mention, Panini's first world cup album released, Mexico 1970 (completed with stickers) in good condition (its 40 years old) went for 2000 pounds last month on ebay....so yeah...and its album with stickers in it !!! And these are cards, not stickers, which are not attached to anything but just inserted in the binder....now do the math how much would be this kind of ful set worth in like 2050 ?? :wink And if you own a set with all the extras, UK + INT version, diff pics, jerseys, + all limited....everything nicely store in binder, mint condition....thats really worth some eh :worship
Edited by PumaDrifter, May 2 2011, 12:17 PM.

bplsilva
101 Card
If you had an idea of the price you wanted on them, why didn't you put it as "Buy it now" ?
@bplsilva

jamesalex
Member Avatar
"Giggity Giggity"
Bad luck Lambokeenie, I guess it's just one of those auctions, that you have high hopes for, but end up getting disappointed by the winning bid price
Trades- Needs -Feedback

Trusted Traders: Feedback Thread

Arsenal Fan!

Spoiler: click to toggle

JuveFC
Masters Card
PumaDrifter
May 2 2011, 12:06 PM

not to mention, Panini's first world cup album released, Mexico 1970 (completed with stickers) in good condition (its 40 years old) went for 2000 pounds last month on ebay....so yeah...and its album with stickers in it !!! And these are cards, not stickers, which are not attached to anything but just inserted in the binder....now do the math how much would be this kind of ful set worth in like 2050 ?? :wink And if you own a set with all the extras, UK + INT version, diff pics, jerseys, + all limited....everything nicely store in binder, mint condition....thats really worth some eh :worship
Much as I would love the sentiments you make to be true in that statement, unfortunately I cant see the comparison with the Mexico 70 album and its cards (although they are called stickers for some reason!!).
The daddy of them all Mexico 70 makes so much money because it was the first WC Album and not many people especially in the UK collected the set as were still collecting FKS and cigarette cards etc.

The trouble with the 2010 set is you can still order direct from Panini and has been collected in huge numbers making the re-sale value in 2050 not the equivalent in value profit over the years to the 1970 collection. Take for example the Panini Espana 82 album, complete in mint is only worth around 50-60 nowadays, taking into account the RPI would probably have cost the same to complete in 1982!!!

If you own a set with all the extras in 2010, it will of course be worth a little extra but I assume you are only talking about the 110 different cards between the UK and International card versions - ie action pictures, size of images etc, algeria players etc. Therefore, not as rare as you suggest.
If of course you mean you have all the signed cards as per Gregory's superb website, you are talking a high value now already let alone in 2050!! If you have them illustrated below, I will definately be interested:Posted Image

Of course its all opinion and I really hope you are right as have many sets of both versions!!

PumaDrifter
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
JuveFC your right,..I cant agree with you more. The extraordinary value of Mexico 70 is probably only because it was first WC album ever released. And yeah, Espana 82 is worth like 50-60, which is kinda same of RPI price in 1982 or maybe even less, if you were getting many doubles, and had no chance of trades :D ... Ahh, I just hope my son, or my grand-son wont sell my collections one by another for like pack of ciggs, or a bottle of vodka :( Well, I hope that price will go up every year thought ;) And arrrghhhh @ my father , why didnt he collect Mexico 70. I asked him once already,..and he said:.."I didnt have a clue about those stickers" lol...

P.S: No chance to see those signed cards on ebay...are they really so rare and hard to get ? Well I see some cards with sign's on it..but looks fake...its like everyone could write on it, no guarantee its legit.
Edited by PumaDrifter, May 4 2011, 04:18 PM.

JuveFC
Masters Card
I agree PumaDrifter, I wish my dad wouldve collected the Mexico 70 as well :rant

I think they are pretty much impossible to get the signed cards, Ive never seen one thats for certain...!!

I do think the 20 Limited Edition cards which you have with your set will be worth a lot of money in future years though. I honestly think they will be worth more than the whole set (base, champions etc) on their own, each individual LE card. Dunno what you or other members think though...will be interested to hear your views on them.
Its so hard to predict...

papagali
Masters Card
are you sure that those autos were realeased? i heard from a guy from Asia about a year ago that he had one, but nothing proved...it s a certain thing that these were not available in Europe..

About limiteds, i think they are already worth more than the actual complete set:)
My wishlist
My trade Gallery
My feedback

JuveFC
Masters Card
with the autos Gregory has individual pics of them on his website so I presume they have been released, I have never seen them though...

some LEs are worth more than the complete set, but Cannavaro definately isn't ;)

PumaDrifter
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
Little bit offtopic here...sorry :P
Anyway, yes, im still building my set, just started to collect last week actually :) Bought 100 packs, then ripped them all in one day...yesterday recieved a package with 300 packets, but not time to rip them yet !! meanwhile im buying seperate champions of ebay if good price, and all other different version players, Also bought MA binder so I can put all my cards later in that binder, cuz its bigger than Adrenalyn WC binder. And yay, got LE Kaka for 6 pounds yesterda, which I think its the lowest price I could get it these times :)

garystephens
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Those autograph cards weren't released in packets. It's possible that they were given away as some sort of promo or something in Asia or just that employees took them for themselves but they were never in packets.

The idea for them was dropped in favour of the premium autograph cards which genuinely were found in packets but only in Asia.

JuveFC
Masters Card
Thats a great price for Kaka LE, well done. :worship :1356

papagali
Masters Card
thanks for clearing this gary:)
and well done for that kaka..amazing price:O
My wishlist
My trade Gallery
My feedback

spurs.attax
Member Avatar
101 Card
There's another thread on the autos. http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6735002/1/#new
I've seen these cards on ebay last year.
Completed Trades: l1sboa x 2, papagali, JuveFC, hattersfan x 3, longlongago_08, blizzard, maxi taxi, mrexplodeify, ashvin, CharlesHK, pnchocolates x 2, Rollcollector, Koda, vorronin, hotspurs95, ho123wang, monkey76, shauncheng1, matchattaxmasters22 x 3, dom9lfc, yerai95, garystephens, Zabolek, MA!CCFC98, mojoe x 2, mszaby x 2, Matt, kgarnett x 3, gp#3 x 3, Hirozil, Cardmonster
Want List last updated Oct 13, 2015
Trade List last updated Oct 13, 2015
My Feedback
Picasa Album

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Panini Adrenalyn XL World Cup 2010 · Next Topic »
Add Reply