Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ripped Off !; READ!
Topic Started: Apr 11 2011, 08:13 PM (2,711 Views)
MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Arsenal101
Apr 24 2011, 03:13 PM
I only asked for 1 MOTM because I didn't want to ruin the deal like if I wanted 40 MOTM's for free you would simple not do it.
Of course not, but that's how negotiation works! You get to both extremes before finding the trade best suited to both people, but you obviusly didn't want to do this! How would you have done things differently if you'd been me?
-----My Youtube Channel-----My needs-----Match Attax for sale!-----

Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JuveFC
Masters Card
If we had a Designated area for Trades in Progress (as Papagali has suggested previously) it would totally stop these arguments, especially for the younger members I feel.
papagali when you see this thread can you discuss how the big forum you are a member of stops these silly trades like 20 MOTM for a Shilton Authentic Auto for example and keeps things fair, and how many, if any, problems arise.
My guess is both sides of trader on these sites keep the trade fair to ensure no comebacks...

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
palmerme1
mufc17
Apr 24 2011, 03:12 PM
palmerme1
Apr 24 2011, 03:10 PM
mufc17
Apr 24 2011, 03:08 PM
Arsenal101
Apr 24 2011, 03:03 PM
But if we make trades public differennt members will have DIFFERENT views on how much they cost but moderators will be a bit more accurate.
:clap Exactly what I was going to say Greg. Not taht Mod's know more but it is out there for the general consensus to decide.

If made public then the majority rules.

As Andy says this is just descending into an opinions argument which will never end.
But then that would be the same as 'Evaluate my Trade', wouldn't it?
No because only some trades are going on there. This is for ALL trades which people for whatever reason wish to remain private
But, then what about pointless topic's like 1 Man of the Match for 1 Man of the Match?
It's as simple as writing a useless post that we are all guilty of occasionally, Just post it in the correct area and it is done, simple !!!
Tradelist Feedback Wishlist
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
MasterOfMatchAttax
Apr 24 2011, 03:16 PM
Arsenal101
I only asked for 1 MOTM because I didn't want to ruin the deal like if I wanted 40 MOTM's for free you would simple not do it.
Of course not, but that's how negotiation works! You get to both extremes before finding the trade best suited to both people, but you obviusly didn't want to do this! How would you have done things differently if you'd been me?
I wanted to get the trade finished quickly so then the mail would arrive faster.

If I had been you I would stop conning members, 20 MOTMs for a Lennon Authentic Auto, seriously?

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
http://www.sportscardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?s=cee0d40339710015c982b01de0099eb4&f=115

That site does it all above board so people know what and who are trading. Only the part of the deal that people are happy to disclose is disclosed. Something like this I would be happy with but just a topic where people are forced to list every part of the deal is not something that sits comfortably with me and not something I would take part in.

If anything any younger member should be made to have a parents approval before trading whether its by email to Tollyman or a mod or whether someone from here checks it with a parent. The other alternative is to bring in a ruling where only over 18's or so are allowed to trade through the forum.

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Arsenal101
Apr 24 2011, 03:20 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Arsenal101
I wanted to get the trade finished quickly so then the mail would arrive faster.

If I had been you I would stop conning members, 20 MOTMs for a Lennon Authentic Auto, seriously?
Well if you wanted to get the trade finished quicker its your own fault isn't it!

I added far more than that mentioned and again it was on youtube so concerns absolutley nobody here. I get the feeling you are out to just take shots at me as oppose to actually sorting this properly.

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
Quote:

but just a topic where people are forced to list every part of the deal is not something that sits comfortably with me and not something I would take part in.

I don't want to sound anything other than inquisitive Phil, but why would you not be prepared to list the full trade?

I ask as I really want to see the other side of the coin as I personally can't see any negatives in the suggestion :shrug

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
MasterOfMatchAttax
Apr 24 2011, 03:25 PM
Arsenal101
MasterOfMatchAttax
Arsenal101

Well if you wanted to get the trade finished quicker its your own fault isn't it!

I added far more than that mentioned and again it was on youtube so concerns absolutley nobody here. I get the feeling you are out to just take shots at me as oppose to actually sorting this properly.
I get the feeling that you are trying to hide your trades because I know that you get the better in 95% of the deals, on YT and FCF.

JuveFC
Masters Card
I think thats what most of us older members are concerned about Phil for the younger members and a great suggestion for parent consent which Should be employed, especially for the under 13s which I think is where the problem occurs and parents have every right to complain. Im even pretty sure they should have parental consent to join the site, although T-man will know more about that I expect?
At the end of the day, all of us just want fair trades, whether done in public or private. I think everyone agrees on that so we are all on the same page.

MasterOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Arsenal101
Apr 24 2011, 03:27 PM
MasterOfMatchAttax
Apr 24 2011, 03:25 PM
Arsenal101
MasterOfMatchAttax
Arsenal101

I get the feeling that you are trying to hide your trades because I know that you get the better in 95% of the deals, on YT and FCF.

Im not even going to respond to idiotic trolling. Either sort this out by PM with me or dont say anything futher.

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Whatever Mr. Conman, you think you are better than everybody else because you make "good" vids and that you won some MA Comp last year.

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
JuveFC
Apr 24 2011, 03:30 PM
I think thats what most of us older members are concerned about Phil for the younger members and a great suggestion for parent consent which Should be employed, especially for the under 13s which I think is where the problem occurs and parents have every right to complain. Im even pretty sure they should have parental consent to join the site, although T-man will know more about that I expect?
At the end of the day, all of us just want fair trades, whether done in public or private. I think everyone agrees on that so we are all on the same page.
Think we are finally getting somewhere.
That is the main concern- Youngsters getting ripped off.
Adults can get deceived and I certainly do not have the opinion that it is their own fault (anyone can be tricked) but kids are of more concern firstly.
Edited by mufc17, Apr 24 2011, 03:35 PM.

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Let me just say moderators then.

Is this a fair trade.

Rodriguez LE with stars in the wrong place for Nolan HTH 10 11 Extra.
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
palmerme1
Apr 24 2011, 03:35 PM
Let me just say moderators then.

Is this a fair trade.

Rodriguez LE with stars in the wrong place for Nolan HTH 10 11 Extra.
....and it was a very short time after extra was releasead

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
mufc17
Apr 24 2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:

but just a topic where people are forced to list every part of the deal is not something that sits comfortably with me and not something I would take part in.

I don't want to sound anything other than inquisitive Phil, but why would you not be prepared to list the full trade?

I ask as I really want to see the other side of the coin as I personally can't see any negatives in the suggestion :shrug
Because my trades are between myself and the other person concerned to be honest, I don't see why everyone should be able to see what we're trading. Most if not all of my trades are with adults and I very rarely trade with younger members, when I do the trade is usually in their favour as I don't care to much about values and prefer to trade for something I want even if it means I don't get as much back valuewise.

Just a personal thing.

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
So what.

Like you and MOMA. The Given LE 09 10 decreased in value from a year ago.
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
When a card is released, it is high in value. Then later, the value decreases.

It was done like 1 week after extra was released.

JuveFC
Masters Card
palmerme1
Apr 24 2011, 03:37 PM
So what.

palmerme1 - I dont know why you and 101 are discussing this... remember your trade which you pm'd me about to complain with a certain member after you had done it... ;)

Lets keep the ideas appropriate lads...
Edited by JuveFC, Apr 24 2011, 03:40 PM.

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
Phild
mufc17
Quote:

Because my trades are between myself and the other person concerned to be honest, I don't see why everyone should be able to see what we're trading. Most if not all of my trades are with adults and I very rarely trade with younger members, when I do the trade is usually in their favour as I don't care to much about values and prefer to trade for something I want even if it means I don't get as much back valuewise.

Just a personal thing.
That is a fair point and perhaps could somehow be implemented in the new area (if we do get one that is )
But I can see it causing problems by other members saying - 'I'm not disclosing everything if such a person isn't '

This proves how contentious the issue is, but I would personally accept posting all I trade, as the opportunity to trade came through this forum , And throw in bonuses at my own discretion
Edited by mufc17, Apr 24 2011, 03:48 PM.

Koda
Masters Card
I'm still not sure over the value of cards, ecspecially from 00 10, could someone give me some values of the le?

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JuveFC
Apr 24 2011, 03:40 PM
palmerme1
So what.

palmerme1 - I dont know why you and 101 are discussing this... remember your trade which you pm'd me about to complain with a certain member after you had done it... ;)

Lets keep the ideas appropriate lads...
Actually I don't remember PMing you about it.

I totally believe you but do you mind sending me a message from the PM about it?
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

JuveFC
Masters Card
Koda
Apr 24 2011, 03:45 PM
I'm still not sure over the value of cards, ecspecially from 00 10, could someone give me some values of the le?
You have just proved our point koda, that the younger members obviously will be unsure.

currently if you are having any trouble with values on a trade etc and are unsure, never do the trade without checking with for example mufc17 or me as you know us well (mufcoda cards!!) or anyone else you trust totally. Never feel pressurised mate.
Im sure everyone is willing to help you.

Blandy33
Member Avatar
No longer a member
The older members on the forum can be trusted to make trades, I think the worry is people with knowledge of the cards trading with someone with a lack of knowledge, normally happening between 9-10 year olds or younger

Peer pressure could be worst problem, if a more established member pesters someone for a trade they may give in, trying to make friends on the forum

When I first joined, I was also taken advantage of in a trade as I had no knowledge of the trade, but I learned from then on and always check the value of cards etc.

I also think it is the responsibility of the person to check the value of the card, whether on ebay or through the Forum, if they want to have a fair trade
Most Helpful Member 2010 :)

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Footy_Talk/index/

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@Juve

Found the PM.

But in that case it was different, since I never collected MA 07 08, and did not know the value of Geovanni. Hence 101 collected 09 10.
Anyway I asked what you thought I should go with, and that was before I ended offers for Geovanni.
Edited by palmerme1, Apr 24 2011, 03:52 PM.
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
mufc17
Apr 24 2011, 03:42 PM
Phild
mufc17
Quote:

Just a personal thing.
That is a fair point and perhaps could somehow be implemented in the new area (if we do get one that is )
But I can see it causing problems by other members saying - 'I'm not disclosing everything if such a person isn't '

This proves how contentious the issue is, but I would personally accept posting all I trade, as the opportunity to trade came through this forum , And throw in bonuses at my own discretion
The whole thing is a big can of worms and something I don't think this forum is big enough 'yet' to actually be in the position where all trades need to be made public. The link I posted is a big big site and if you look at the trades in progress section not all actual trades are listed, there are some for example which just state along the lines of 14 baseball cards, 12 football cards etc etc and the other trade is sending '$450'.

Blandy33
Member Avatar
No longer a member
Just to add, an addition to maybe having to register a trade could deter scammers from being active, as they could be caught easier
Most Helpful Member 2010 :)

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Footy_Talk/index/

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think all trades should be made public for Under 13's and people who don't know a lot about cards. I don't think it would work for under 16's though

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
I know invent been on this topic before mpbut I've been reading it and had this idea-
People may not want to disclose all info on a trade for some reasons (someone may come and offer the other trader a better deal and your left helpless etc...) so will turn to pms to sort out the deal...
I propose (though I'm not a mod) that maybe the area for trades has the OPTION of putting the info of your trade in. OR members who don't know the value/under age/confused can post about what they are doing in the trade

Also, say if you don't think your getting a good deal, post it in a topic, leave the trader anomymous but post the near deal then we can see if it's fair before arguments happen once the deal is done???

Thanks
Please view the thread of the Euro 2016 & Copa America Stickers I need and also my Euro 2016 & Copa America Sticker trades and PM me if you would like to trade!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 10/11 · Next Topic »
Add Reply