Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Villa Park Event
Topic Started: Apr 21 2011, 04:25 PM (1,228 Views)
gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have just got back home from a fabulous day at the event at Villa Park.

Met up with a few guys from the forum Victor Meldrew,Turboboy94,l1sboa and Palmerme1,they are all great people and was honoured to meet them.

My son Jack played MA for the first time and got to the Regional Final where unfortunately he lost in the first round,but never mind he did great in my eyes.Turboboy94 got the furthest of our little group that was there,he got to the 2nd round in the Regional Final.
From a cards point of view we have 5 Hart LE`s,1 silver Regional Finalist card and bronze Regional Heat cards.

We had our photo taken with the Premier League Trophy as soon as we got there as we thought that might get quite busy as the day goes on,then it was onto playing MA,after that there was things going on on the stage where you could win prizes which my son did twice and got some free packs of MA.
We found out thanks to l1sboa that Paul Merson was there signing autographs so we jumped in the queue and i got both Villa and Arsenal badges i have spare signed by him and i also got my sons MA T-shirt signed by Merson and we both had our photo taken with him.
Unfortunately we didn`t have anywhere near enough swaps to get any of the signed stuff in the auction,but we came away with some Lego stuff which my son was quite happy about.
Turboboy94 won a signed Agbonlahor match attax card for around 1600 swaps,but this was no ordinary Agbonlahor card,it was an oversized one probably about 2ft by 4ft,which i would loved to have had for Jack,there was also a ball signed by the whole Villa team and a shirt signed by the whole Villa team.
All in all a brilliant day and my son can`t wait for next year so he can go again.

As for me it`s off down the pub tonight to relax with a few beers.
Edited by gt6943, Apr 22 2011, 06:36 AM.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mufc17
Member Avatar
^ Limited Edition ^
gt6943
Apr 21 2011, 04:25 PM

Met up with a few guys from the forum Victor Meldrew,Turboboy94,l1sboa and Palmerme1,they are all great people and was honoured to meet them.

My son Jack played MA for the first time and got to the Regional Final where unfortunately he lost in the first round,but never mind he did great in my eyes.Turboboy94 got the furthest of our little group that was there,he got to the 2nd round in the Regional Final.
From a cards point of view we have 5 Hart LE`s, silver Regional Finalist card and bronze Regional Heat cards.

We had our photo taken with the Premier League Trophy as soon as we got there as we thought that might get quite busy as the day goes on,then it was onto playing MA,after that there was things going on on the stage where you could win prizes which my son did twice and got some free packs of MA.
We found out thanks to l1sboa that Paul Merson was there signing autographs so we jumped in the queue and i got both Villa and Arsenal badges i have spare signed by him and i also got my sons MA T-shirt signed by Merson and we both had our photo taken with him.
Unfortunately we didn`t have anywhere near enough swaps to get any of the signed stuff in the auction,but we came away with some Lego stuff which my son was quite happy about.
Turboboy94 won a signed Agbonlahor match attax card for around 1600 swaps,but this was no ordinary Agbonlahor card,it was an oversized one probably about 2ft by 4ft,which i would loved to have had for Jack,there was also a ball signed by the whole Villa team and a shirt signed by the whole Villa team.
All in all a brilliant day and my son can`t wait for next year so he can go again.

:clap
Glad you had a great day Gary, Especially your kid. Bet he loved it. :)

You seem to have done alright with the LE's and heat cards there as well !!!!
Maybe sell a few on eBay and treat your kid to something unique (rare cards) with the proceeds :wink
Edited by Matchattaxmad, Apr 22 2011, 08:56 AM.
Tradelist Feedback Wishlist
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Koda
Masters Card
Well done gary, hope that team i sent you helped, i would be extremly intrested in trading for hartt le and a bronze/ silver heats card so pm me

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
mufc17
Apr 21 2011, 04:42 PM
gt6943

From a cards point of view we have 5 Hart LE`s, silver Regional Finalist card and bronze Regional Heat cards.

Maybe sell a few on eBay and treat your kid to something unique (rare cards) with the proceeds :wink
He`s really only interested in MA.

But yes will probably sell some of the Hart LE.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Koda
Masters Card
gt6943
Apr 21 2011, 05:16 PM
mufc17
Apr 21 2011, 04:42 PM
gt6943

He`s really only interested in MA.

But yes will probably sell some of the Hart LE.
Would you consider trading for a good deal, i also want a bronze regional card if you have spare, as i really wanted to go to the event to get one but my mum or dad couldnt take me

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Koda
Apr 21 2011, 04:46 PM
Well done gary, hope that team i sent you helped, i would be extremly intrested in trading for hartt le and a bronze/ silver heats card so pm me
Hart LE will probably go on ebay but not sure yet,might keep them.

Silver Regional Finalist card is not for trade/sale at any price..... i tried several times to try and blag an extra couple of silver finalist cards but they just wouldn`t give me any more.

The team you sent certainly helped and your tips as well.
Edited by Matchattaxmad, Apr 22 2011, 09:00 AM.
Trusted traders

Koda
Masters Card
gt6943
Apr 21 2011, 05:23 PM
Koda

Silver Regional Finalist card is not for trade/sale at any price..... i tried several times to try and blag an extra couple of silver finalist cards but they just wouldn`t give me any more.

Thanks, what did your son get to, last 16?
Edited by Matchattaxmad, Apr 22 2011, 08:58 AM.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
glad you and your son enjoyed it!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Koda
Apr 21 2011, 05:25 PM
gt6943
Apr 21 2011, 05:23 PM
Koda

Thanks, what did your son get to, last 16?
First round of the regional final (last 32 ) lost on penalties, 3 times he had the kid beat but then instead of killing him off he played a weak card and let him back in.
Edited by Matchattaxmad, Apr 22 2011, 08:58 AM.
Trusted traders

Koda
Masters Card
how do you lose on penalties, i dont know how that works?

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Koda
Apr 21 2011, 06:36 PM
how do you lose on penalties, i dont know how that works?
If you draw the game then it has to be decided on penalties,so you have to pick 5 players each, 1 goalkeeper, 1 defender, 1 midfielder, 1 attacker and then you could pick one other card from your team to make up the 5,so either another defender or an attacker,then you just play like you are playing the game,you either choose to defend or attack if it`s your turn to go first.
Trusted traders

l1sboa
Member Avatar
l1sboa
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Gary, beat me to the post.LOL
Great day today with my 2 boys plus meeting gt6943,victor meldrew and turboboy was fantastic.
Few trades .No Lampard LOL.But few HEARTSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:sf4
TRUSTED TRADERS

Juvefc X4, Paradogs77 ,MARCcards ,josemini ,Tom , Phild X5 ,Garystephens ,jayce 101 x3,unitedkids ,stevesmith,seb 10 ,traderleon ,gt6943 x2,Chris.Jlee,VAL,papagali,
Sickone95 , mufc 17, gabormadrid, TAYLOR1248 ,joco, Pedrelx, pregra, twinmomdk,,blizzard, chernomoretz,,spurs.attax, Shevchenko29,vorroni,matchattaxmaster11,CharlesHK
Oafcforever,

RUBBISH TRADERS
MASTERMUJIOFMATCHATTAX10/11

PICASA WEBSITE http://picasaweb.google.com/118436692014039537699
WISHLIST http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6736612/
TRADE LIST http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6745233/
TRADING FEEDBACK http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6715868/

Dave G
Regular Card
[ * ]
Just got back from the Villa event with my son Luke.

What a great day, Luke got through to the quater finals and lost to the eventual winner. Its his first time that he's ever played and is absolutely over the moon!

Met Paul Merson and had pics taken with the Premiership trophy.

Looking forward to the next one.

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Argh. I still wish I didn't get the card and got the Villa T-Shirt Signed By The Whole Team! Anyway Nice to meet you. LOL a 6 year old was in the semi finals
Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Nice to meet all of you guys!
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
turboboy94
Apr 21 2011, 09:26 PM
Argh. I still wish I didn't get the card and got the Villa T-Shirt Signed By The Whole Team! Anyway Nice to meet you. LOL a 6 year old was in the semi finals
That 6 year old kid was amazing.
Trusted traders

l1sboa
Member Avatar
l1sboa
Dave G
Apr 21 2011, 09:22 PM
Just got back from the Villa event with my son Luke.

What a great day, Luke got through to the quater finals and lost to the eventual winner. Its his first time that he's ever played and is absolutely over the moon!

Met Paul Merson and had pics taken with the Premiership trophy.

Looking forward to the next one.
Well done Dave.Hope you and your son Luke had a goor time.We il meet next time.

TRUSTED TRADERS

Juvefc X4, Paradogs77 ,MARCcards ,josemini ,Tom , Phild X5 ,Garystephens ,jayce 101 x3,unitedkids ,stevesmith,seb 10 ,traderleon ,gt6943 x2,Chris.Jlee,VAL,papagali,
Sickone95 , mufc 17, gabormadrid, TAYLOR1248 ,joco, Pedrelx, pregra, twinmomdk,,blizzard, chernomoretz,,spurs.attax, Shevchenko29,vorroni,matchattaxmaster11,CharlesHK
Oafcforever,

RUBBISH TRADERS
MASTERMUJIOFMATCHATTAX10/11

PICASA WEBSITE http://picasaweb.google.com/118436692014039537699
WISHLIST http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6736612/
TRADE LIST http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6745233/
TRADING FEEDBACK http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6715868/

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Will try and upload a couple of pictures later.If i can work out how to do it.
Trusted traders

Koda
Masters Card
did the six yearr old kid win?

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Koda
Apr 22 2011, 08:58 AM
did the six yearr old kid win?
Lost in the quarter final.
Trusted traders

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Posted Image
Trusted traders

JuveFC
Masters Card
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 09:06 AM
Posted Image
awesome...

Merse is a Legend :653

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The only pity for me was that there were no Villa players there.
Trusted traders

Arsenal101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JuveFC
Apr 22 2011, 09:07 AM
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 09:06 AM
Posted Image<br />
awesome...<br /><br />Merse is a Legend :653
Merse writes in the Arsenal magazine, he might write about the event?

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Forgot to say in my recap of the days events that Palmerme1 challenged my son to a game of MA,which i`m proud to say Jack won. :fest
Edited by gt6943, Apr 22 2011, 09:16 AM.
Trusted traders

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Also not sure i mentioned this,but from next year Dads will be able to play MA as well..... so we were told yesterday.
Trusted traders

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 09:16 AM
Forgot to say in my recap of the days events that Palmerme1 challenged my son to a game of MA,which i`m proud to say Jack won. :fest
That was only 'cos I helped you with your team! :P
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'll know better for next year not to give my team away.

And this was my first year, anyway, and only found out I was going 3 weeks before the event.
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

JuveFC
Masters Card
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 09:18 AM
Also not sure i mentioned this,but from next year Dads will be able to play MA as well..... so we were told yesterday.
That will be a great laugh...will have to roll back the years and learn how to play the game then now ready for next year. Defo gonna go to the events to meet everyone.

Baggsy first challenge to gt at his home ground of villa park!!

will have to see if Pricey JNR can give me some tips on how to play...!!

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JuveFC
Apr 22 2011, 09:26 AM
gt6943
That will be a great laugh...will have to roll back the years and learn how to play the game then now ready for next year. Defo gonna go to the events to meet everyone.

But will it be Villa v Naaarwich or Villa v Juventus.

Just hope some of the Dads don`t take it too serious and start fighting.
Trusted traders

JuveFC
Masters Card
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 09:31 AM
JuveFC
Apr 22 2011, 09:26 AM
gt6943

But will it be Villa v Naaarwich or Villa v Juventus.

Just hope some of the Dads don`t take it too serious and start fighting.
I predict a home win banker at the bookies on those matches...!! :D

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
palmerme1
Apr 22 2011, 09:24 AM

And this was my first year, anyway, and only found out I was going 3 weeks before the event.
That made no difference to Jack as he didn`t know your team.

It was also the first time Jack had played MA.

But i`m just proud of my son.
Trusted traders

dakbryncae
Member Avatar
FCF Member
[ *  *  * ]
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 09:37 AM
palmerme1

It was my first time aswell. Got knocked out 4-9 :'(

Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Victor Meldrew
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
After a better than expected drive from Wales we arrived at Villa Park early. Whilst waiting in the queue, l1sboa made contact and then realised that gt6943 was just behind us. When they finally allowed us in we picked up our Hart Limited editions thankfully no problems there. Then it was off to the swap section to reduce the number of those pesky MOTM cards and to finish off the last of the base and shiney cards. Between us we went round three times and we just need six MOTM cards to complete which we will get from Topps later in the year when they become available. Next was the photo with the Cup and the key ring (paid for with the money given to my son David by his Nan). A nice addition to his key ring collection. It was at this point that the most amazing part of the day took place. With buckets full of encouragement from l1sboa backed up by gt6943, David was persuaded to enter the tournament. Something I had been trying to do the last few years without success. So it was off to training camp to learn some basics. Whilst there Paul Merson entered the camp to learn about how Match Attax was played. I quickly got an Arsenal and an Aston Villa crest card out and David got him to sign them. Again thanks to l1sboa and his son a team of players was supplied for the competition. Sadly due to his inexperience he lost but he got a regional heat card which he is extremely proud of and I am so glad he enjoyed the experience I was also introduced to FCF memberís turboboy94 and Palmerme1. David also took in the tour of the Aston Villa football ground. Later on Paul Merson was doing some personalised signing of small flyer posters which David got and I took a photo of Paul and David together. It was sad to watch the FCF members and kids get knocked out during the finals. I was truly amazed at a 6 year old battling against much older competitors who was eventually knocked out in the Quarter finals. A brilliant and memorable day out thanks to Topps and Aston Villa FC but more importantly to the friendly, kindness and help given by all the FCF members we met there.
PS. David has now joined FCF (daveyboi) and is currently online on the Topps website improving his Match Attax skills.
Trusted Traders: Lindy_Loo2000, pnchocolates, AnythingHibbert33, Phild, Mariocamb13, Arsenal101, TAYLOR1248, l1sboa, matchattaxfan4, mufc17, Poolstar, gt6943, MasterOfMatchAttax, alanaman, jayce101, Macky17g, mrmatchattax, bibster, garners-great-deals2012
Favourite Team: Chelsea
Completed: Shoot Out 03/04, 04/05, 05/06 + Update, 06/07 + Update, Topps England 2002, 2005, Topps i-cards 06/07, World Cup/England 2006, Match Attax 07/08 + Extra, 08/09 + Extra, 09/10 + Extra, 2010 England + Legends, 10/11 + Extra, 11/12 + Extra + Championship, 2012 England + Ireland + Eurostars, 12/13 + Extra + SPL + Championship

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
gt6943
palmerme1

Tell Jack well done.

I also only started this year, so you can see that it doesn't matter how old you are.
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
palmerme1
Apr 22 2011, 11:41 AM
gt6943
palmerme1

Tell Jack well done.

I also only started this year, so you can see that it doesn't matter how old you are.
What we want for next year is for Jack and you, l1sboa`s 2 boys and Victor Meldrews lad to all get to the quarter finals and then 2 of you going on to the final and getting a regional winner from FCF.
Edited by gt6943, Apr 22 2011, 11:49 AM.
Trusted traders

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 11:49 AM
palmerme1
gt6943
palmerme1

Tell Jack well done.

What we want for next year is for Jack and you, l1sboa`s 2 boys and Victor Meldrews lad to all get to the quarter finals and then 2 of you going on to the final and getting a regional winner from FCF.
That would be great.
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

Koda
Masters Card
palmerme1
Apr 22 2011, 12:06 PM
gt6943
Apr 22 2011, 11:49 AM
palmerme1
gt6943
palmerme1

Tell Jack well done.

That would be great.
Dont count me out ladss, I am pretty sure my parents will take me next year

Koda
Masters Card
Well done to everyone who entered the competition, hopefully as gary said we will have a winner from FCF next year

Koda
Masters Card
Does anyone here have match attax live, as i really want to play someone

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 10/11 · Next Topic »
Add Reply