Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mega Tin Competition 1 - Article - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Topic Started: Apr 21 2011, 11:00 PM (5,658 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A full Match Attax 10/11 Mega Tin is up for grabs (Thanks to Topps) but you will need to earn this one......

Write an article for an imaginary match attax magazine, no more than 1000 words minimum 300 words, best article as judged by the mods wins a tin, 2 runners up prizes of 20 packs of Match Attax.

Respond in this thread, do not post anything other than Competition entries or I will delete them.

It can be anything related to Match Attax you want.

For example:

What you like about Match Attax
Why you started to collect them
Is the popularity increasing or decreasing in your area?
Are Limiteds a good idea?
Design of cards good or bad?
New gameplay ideas

anything you want.................

Competition closes on 20th May.

***************RESULTS****************

A great response to this competition and some excellent entries. It's a shame you all can't be winners.

The winners are:

First Prizes of Megatins:

Winner over 14's - Mattybomb22

Winner of under 14's - Koda

Second Prizes of 20 Packs:

TheMakerOfMatchAttax
WINGERnumba7

Well done to the winners and a big thanks to everyone who took the time to enter.

Winners PM addresses please! I bet they all live in Australia!! ;)
Edited by Tollyman, May 27 2011, 08:48 PM.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dm14
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I started collecting Match Attax in 2007,when they first came out,and i have collected EVERY collection since! These include:Match Attax 07/08,Match Attax Extra 07/08 Extra,Match Attax 08/09,Match Attax Extra 08/09,Match Attax 09/10,Match Attax Extra 09/10,Match Attax England,Match Attax 10/11 and Match Attax Extra 10/11.I spend all my pocket money and my money on Match Attax as i think they are so AWESOME !I find Match Attax addictive,in a good way!I love the feeling when you get a packet of cards,wondering who you will get inside!They are a fun thing to get into and would recommend Match Attax to ANYONE who likes Football.I started collecting Match Attax because all of my friends were buying them,and because the fantastic designs ( Hundred Clubs , Limited Editions ,etc)! But no one buys them anymore , i do not know why !Also,i found it enjoyable to collect! Match Attax includes special cards like:Star Players,Star Signings,Showboats,Captains,Man of The Matches,Fans Favorites,Hat Trick Heros,Hundred Clubs and Limited Editions!I think they should include cards such as,Club information badges,Mascots,Jesrey Cards,more Autograph cards,Club Legends,Home,away and 3rd kit cards, Manager cards(shiny!) and for the 11/12 series i would like the back of the cards to be ... pink !!I also love how they have lots of cool merchandise,such as : Boxes,Tins,Posters, Collector guides,Starter packs!I also REALLY like the design of the cards,they are so amazing!Another great thing , they have exciting Match Attax events in various parts of the Country (England and other countries!)If you win a Regional Event,you qualify for the Match Attax World Championships , travelling all sorts of places!Also at some events , they get football players to come and sign stuff!And at the event you can do loads of other things than just play in the Regional Championships , you can : Swap your cards,get your own card made,join in Charity Auctions,buy things,meet other collectors and lots more!On their website (www.toppsfootball.co.uk)you can enter live codes (found in packets of Match Attax!)to unlock 2 virtual packets of Match Attax.Then you can challenge people to Matches and climb up a special Leader board (try do be the best!)So,if i were you,i would get down to your nearest shop and buy some MATCH ATTAX!
Edited by dm14, Apr 23 2011, 08:07 AM.

Damonado
Masters Card
I got a few match attax 07/08 for my birthday I realay like the look of them so I started to colect but I couldn't see anay 08/09 or 09/10 ones. I found a starter pack when I was getting a birthday card for my friend then I sa we were haveing a comp enterd and ...ONE. I enjoy it when I buy pack as I think is it a good pack or is it a bad well I said openin my first Match Attax Pack looking at the back saying to my self these cards are cool if you are not a colecter I would say Go out and start colecting match attax 10/11 toaday.
trusted traders Blandy33,Swapmaster97
bad seb10

Posted Image

palmerme1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Match Attax all started immediately after the 06 07 Shoot Out series. The collections have contained from over 400 cards per season.

The types cards you can get in packets are;
Rainbow Foils - Man of the Match, 100 Club, and you could also get Hat-Trick Heroes, (and in this year Fans' Favourites), which were only available in the Match Attax Extra collections. You could also get Play of the Months, which were only available in the Match Attax 07 08 Extra Collection.

Shiny Cards - You could get many shiny cards in packets, and these are slightly less rare than rainbow foils. In the 07 08 season you could get star players, and in the 07 08 Extra Collection you could get Club Captains. In the 08 09 season you could also get star players, and in the 08 09 Extra Collection you could get Fans' Favourites (which in 10 11 Extra became rainbow foil cards). In the 09 10 set, there was a new addition called I-cards. You entered these codes on the Topps Official Website (www.toppsfootball.co.uk), to unlock virtual packets, online. And in the 09 10 Extra collection, it stayed the same as the normal sets. In 10 11 we had star players, star signings, and showboats. And in the 10 11 Extra Collection, we had Star Signings, Showboats, and Captains. Showboats were cards for players who had pulled off amazing skills, shots, and saves. In 09 10 they introduced manager cards as well, which boosted a players rating by +5 for attack and defence. You could only use your manager once, and you could only use it on a player from the same team. If a manager got sacked, then the new manager would appear in the Extra set for that year. This continued in 10 11. And in 10 11 they introduce a ref card. You could only use it once. You could only use it when your opponent goes first in a round. You could use it on any of your opponents players. You can only use before both players have turned over their cards. It -5, from both of the player you picked from your opponents team. It has to be the card he is playing with. And I learned at the S&P Tour - Birmingham - Villa Park yesterday, is that you cannot use a ref and a manager at the same time.

I personally started collecting in the 08 09 season, but that was right at the end so I did not get many good cards, and soon sold them for swapits, on www.swapit.co.uk. I then collected parts of the 09 10 set, then completed Match Attax England (excluding Limited Editions). And then finished 10 11 with all Limited Editions.

Limited Edition cards were available in boxes, starter packs, packs, and magazines. They ranged from £1 to around £450. There were also signed cards which you would be really lucky to find.

I hope you liked my article.

Palmerme1.
Edited by palmerme1, Apr 22 2011, 12:20 PM.
Palmeme1's Epic Sale

Posted Image

matchattaxmaster11
Member Avatar
ROFLCOPTER SOI SOI
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I started collecting match attax in the first season 2007 2008 before that i collected shootout wich dont even compare in my opinion. i love match attax i think they are great i love the feeling when you open the packet and you see something really rare. a thing i really like about match attax is they are so fun to collect because their are so many things you can buy they have a wide variety of different things i love all of them. in the first and 2cnd seasons everyone collected them in my area but the past 2 seasons next to nobody have wich is a shame because they are really fun. i love the idea of limited edition cards and i definatley think there should be more because it would be more of a challenge to collect but that is topps's choice. i think a good new idea to put into the gameplay is stadium cards and it increases their confidence by 7 as in each score goes up by 7.
TRUSTED TRADERS
mariocamb13
mufc17
Migle-Gigle
JuveFC X3
Mikado0231
papagli
Tollyman
chernomoretz
l1sboa 1

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my feedback page

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6771114/1/#new

Koda
Masters Card

Hi this is my entry for the mega tih competition, but first, am i eligible to enter since i won your last competition? even if i am not, i will still enter as it seems fun

As a young boy I noticed some of the older kids in my school started to collect a set called 'shoot out' at this time (which was 2005) I was only a young lad aged 5 so I did not collect. The following season which was 06 07 I became intreeged in to the idea of the game of football, and joined my local team aged just 6. Each day I became increasingly intrested in the game, and one day I remembered about that card colelction. I went up to my local shop with my mum to see what football cards they had, as I could not remember for sure what they were called. When we arrived at the shop, A sight met my eyes, a 50 packet box of yellow shoot out cards, I asked my mum to buy me a packet, and since I had behaved well I got my first ever packet. In addition to that, I continued to collect the set but unfortuenately never completed it. As a reminder of the set, I purchased a box off ebay and have approx 20 packs left. As 06 07 ended and 07 08 began, I could no longer find these shoot out cards anymore, instead a big craze was a new card series named match attax, I was reluctant to buying these at first, but after buying 5 or so packs, I soon realised these were alot better quality cards then shoot out. After I purchased the starter pack, I showed it to my friends who collected shoot out, like me, they prefered the new design of the cards, but strangly liked them straight away. When we got doubles, there was always one of us who needed that card, and that person strangely always had a card someone else needed, so on rainy school days me and my friends (aged just 7 or 8) would sit at the table discussing match attax and trading whilst eating. Furthermore, after 07 08 something very strange happened, noone decided to collect 08 09, not even me, causing a huge decrease in sales, i would imagine for our local shops. Moving on to limited editions, as i was only a young lad and the same goes for my friends, we were not bothered aboutb the limited editions and could not be bothered to collect them, however I fully regret that now, as I have a much harder task of getting them from older sets. As from my point of view, limiteds are a good thing, as they make the set more challenging to collect IMO, but consequently put off younger kids from buying them (hence the number of les). I can see why topps do this though, as it would make the set more appealing for older kids or even some adults with the limited editions, and that pure excitement when you find one.
For the season 09 10, I sort of bought the odd pack or two with magazines but never really fully collected, once again neither did my friends. One of the main reasons for this, when I asked earlier why they didn't collect was because they did not like the design of the cards from the seasons 08 09 and 09 10 compared to 07 08. I completly agree with this, ecspecially with the 08 09 set as IMO the design was appauling, but as for 09 10, if I had a chance to buy these now, I defiantly would.
My opinion on designs may differ to those of others, but as for 07 08, it was indeed the best design, with the black foil and rainbow looking very appealing to me. As for the star players, the grey stars and silver foil went very well together, and the base were...well base cards nothing special. Moving onto 08 09, the poor design of red stars on base cards put me off from collecting, and the star players were just the same as 07 08, except with those horrific red stars on them. The man of the matches were the definet highlight of the set, with the green blue and silver design making a good insert card. A new invention followed for this set, the 100 club, they were pretty much the same as motms, but had a lsightly different background, and correct me if im wrong, but gold numbers. Onto 09 10, which in my opinion was the 2nd best design, the quality of pictures was slightly better then other seasons, the name were byfar in the best font, and the rainbow foils looked exetremly eye catching. The star players had changed to i cards, which makes it the 2nd best collection IMO, i mean what was the point of these? I know it was to use on match attaxl ive...but still, wouldn't you rather get star players instead.. The base looked very good aswell, with the hexagons with the numbers inside making the collection good as a whole (minus the i cards) the hundred clubs were the best card design ever for me, with gold numbers at the bottom, good pictures and a good background, but finally, there was a good number of limited editions to collect, in various places, making the set not to easy, but not to hard to collect. Match attax england was a very strange collection, with different numbers of players from each team making it the 2nd worst collection after 08 09. The only eye catching part of the set was the limited editions, as they were made to be very rare which made it a challenge to collect, other then that the colelction was poor. Finally in 10 11 I would make it the 3rd best collection, reasons for this being pointless addition of the showboat card, not enough limited editions, not good design by the numbers but on the other hand it had great addition of the star signing card, good designs other then the problem by the numbers, good backgrounds, nice 100 club design and good motm design. As for match attax in my area, I am the only one left out of the original group of my friends who collected cards still collecting, and one of my new friends started collecting 10 11. But 2 people in my school collecting cards properly isnt good for the shops, as I always see hundreds of packets on the counters. Even after my huge purchase of 100 packs from Mccolls, they still havent finished selling packs from that box, and i estimate ive bought around another 40 more! So in the area of Bristol, match attax has defiantley......DECREASED in sales since 07 08 and shoot out. I have not had many ideas for new cards but i think a good new gameplay card would be a card of a stadium, with the capacity on it, replacing the showboats, in tournaments the stadium with the higher capacity wins the round. This would mean 14 cards per team which may be to much (11 players, referee, manager, stadium) but if topps did come up with the idea, the stadium could be from any team you like, no matter if you have a player from that team in your torunament rules team. What I like about match attax, is alot of things,but a couple of the main reasons w2ould have to be, the pure exhilaration and excitement of trying to complete your set. The tournaments which topps run, and finally just having a good game to it. That's about all I have to say, thanks for reading -Koda

MATCHATTAXLEGEND
Member Avatar
Signature Card
i started collecting cards in 2005, it was shootout cards , and i found it fun then as a little boy because the older kids had them . when the 06/07 shootout came out , i found more and more people collected them , so yet again i collected them . but in 2007-08 , i found that shootouts didnt exist anymore , and i found what is now , match attax. this was a good collectiion , and i started collecting them because they had defense and attack rating , but the problem was everybody stopped collecting them , even my mates , but i just carried on collecting them . when 08-09 came out , i was in year 6 , and thats when the hundred club was introduced . again , my mates didnt collect them , but i didnt care , i carried o collecting ,i completed the collecting , with a few bits and bobs to get etc limited editions . 09 10 was a funny collection, coz i didnt collect them , i just got the odd packs from my local newsagents. when the extra set came out , i didnt know what that was , so i bought the box, and it was a great collection. england MA was my favourite ! it was my first collection that featured international stars etc messi and c.ronaldo. then 10/11 came out , no one in my year collected them , but i didnt care , that didnt stop me collecting them , and thats were i am today , none of my mates collect them , still dont care . match attac has actually (serously) improved my knowledge of football! its a great card game for kids from any aged range , and even adults! ,imited editions are the rarest cards you can get , along with the hundred clubs. hat trick heroes are cards of players that have scored hatricks in the season, and fans favourites are cards that cast a vote to see who peoples fav. players are . so , MATCH ATTAX is amazingand a great collection to collect !!
Posted Image

My selling and trading sale!! http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6783354/1/#new

BRING DAZ BACK!!

swapmaster97
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
i started collecting shoot out 04/05 only because a lot of friends had them. they were asking me do you want to swap/trade and i was like i dont no what your on about. they then told me about these cards so i begged my dad to get me some. then from then every week i used to spend all my pocket money on these cards. i then later carried on collecting through 05/06. then 06/07, i got a few packs but not many as i was getting bored of these, but all the boys in my class got one from our dinner ady. then when i got into yr6 hardly anyone ws collecting them but i carried on. 07/08 match attax was next and these were the best match attax ever produced. i always got these. 10 packs every week and 10 of my nan. i loved collecting these it was like i had a bug that was incurable, it was also awesome just opening the pack a little bit to see if you had a hit. then one day when i got home i looked through my book and realised some cards had gone. i was like how. it turned out one of my friends had nicked. i was well gutted. then moving to high school i thought a lot more people would collect them i was wrong. there was about 10 people collecting them. but i still collected 08/09, then 09/10 and now 10/11. but because no one collected them i had to find a website that helped you swap with people. i found this one and so far i think its great. ive gone from needing about 200 cards to complete all 4 match attax collections to about 80.
thanks tollyman for creating this website its really helped me
Edited by swapmaster97, Apr 22 2011, 02:32 PM.
My WISHLIST
My TRADE LIST
MY FEEDBACK
TRUSTED TRADERS.
Ellietyke2000 x2,mrmatchattax x4,Sickone95 x2,LamboKeenie,Jayce101,elliegriff,dogadug x2,niamhuslfc07 x2
shuqiran x2,ofb1988 x2,naveensachdev x2,sufcmilla x2,hattersfan,ilytorres9,sham,fcb-messi-liverpool,koda,damondo, turboboy94

bad traders - tufctrader98 (waiting for over a month for cards and they still havent arrived.)
waiting for cards from - tufctrader98.

completed - shoot out 06-07 / match attax 07-08 / match attax 08-09 / match attax 09-10 / match attax 10-11

thematchattax123
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I started collecting match attax in the 08/09 season because I seen alot of boys collecting it.I was reluctant to buy packs at first as I was the only girl collecting them but I thought "hey wht the heck" and bought packs anyway.I got petr cech hc in my first pack and was hooked ever since.I almost completed 08 09 but as I started quite late the shops stopped selling them and I didn't know about this website so found it really hard to get them anymore.I didn't know there was a MAE extra set so I was thinking bring on 09/10 and when it came alon I got lots of packs and the tin and completed it including all LE.Something that really helped me was getting Shay given le three times which got me lots of cards aswell as that another thing really helped me and that was the swap and play tour I entered the swap thing twice and completed the set cause of this.I also entered the world championship and got knocked out 3 times in the final round of the heats.It was a great event and I am quite upset there isn't one in Scotland this year. I also collected match attax England and completed it quite easily apart from le as I couldn't get them here.I found the legends set very interesting too to see all old players.I didn't do very well with the extra sets.I completed base and motms but not any other rainbow foils unluckily.On 10/11 I didn't complete it but it was very hard to complete as no one else at school colected it anymore as we moved up to the highschool they all lost interest but I was hooked even though I said I was goin to stop collecting I just couldn't and yes here I am on MAE and I am doin very well and only need a few more Motm Ffs and HTH so this is my story of match attax the best collection ever
trade list
[/big]wishlist

james123ofmatchattax
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I started to collect Match Attax in Match Attax 07/08
I collected Match Attax as I got bored of game consoles and I was looking for football cards.
It was quite fun and a great experience.Some people in my school say its for babies, actually most people do but some boys collect Match Attax. They are great collectibles In my opinion.They are really increasing in my area but they go really quickly.My first shiny I ever got was Steven Gerrard Man of The Match (101 defence) (101 attack).Limited Editions are a great idea as: Sometimes they are hard to find or you can get great deals for them.The design is great and I also like the little football's behind the ratings. They look really good.Maybe you could add rising Stars and maybe put Player of the months back in the game.Maybe you could add Legends as well. Also I like to make Match Attax Cards. Here are two of them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I also had a go at a 2006/2007 card here:
Posted Image[/URL]
I actually had 06/07 Match Attax but I didn't actually collect them. I just had a few.
I don't want to win though please dont make me win If i win though can you make me 2nd and I can have 20 packs :clap :1356 :fest
Edited by james123ofmatchattax, Apr 29 2011, 01:13 PM.
My Youtube Forum
My Youtube Channel

Posted Image

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
Match attax

I started to collect trading cards properly in 2004/05. I really got interested in 06/07 when everyone on the playground would have them! These where shoot out cards and though the cards where nice, the gameplay was difficult for kids to get around. I like match attax because not only is it a game but it is also a great way to interact and learn, before I collected football cards, I didn't know about formations etc... But setting up teams taught me that. My favourite ever collection was probably 10/11, just because I completed it in the quickest time and it was easier As I was using YouTube and FCF. I think the match attax idea is great but maybe if gameplay was improved, then stadium cards could be introduced, these give the player who uses them a home advantage of +5 (or gives the opponent an away disadvantage of -5)
I think it is great opening packets, just the feeling that you could be holding a signed card, a hundred club, anything!!! The price used to be cheaper but 50p isn't bad for 6 cards!!!†
For 11/12 I'd say legends and young guns would be great, like in the topps sticker collection.
Overall, card collecting has been my longest hobby and I see myself collecting for a long time, it's fun and cheap enough that you can get the occasional packet daily. I also love how you can interact with people just over the love of collecting, very friendly!!! :D
Please view the thread of the Euro 2016 & Copa America Stickers I need and also my Euro 2016 & Copa America Sticker trades and PM me if you would like to trade!!!

Migle-gigle
Member Avatar
101 Card
I like match attax because it is fun to collect and trade (even though no one in my area collects them).I started collecting them when i got a starter pack and packs of 09/10 match attax. Its hard to say anything about the popularity as i can only buy them from one shop and Ebay. Imo limiteds are good but hard to get for collectors outside the UK. Design of the cards is fair and kids like it alot. In 11/12 i want to see Kit cards and badges and the back to be green!
My youtube account: www.youtube.com/user/TheMigleGigle?feature=mhum

Feedback: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6745893/1/#new

Safe Traders: Papagali x3
Jayce101
CjChelsea
Matchattaxmaster11
Ellietyke2000

TheMakerOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
RVP = LIVING LEGEND
Hi to whom may concern, My online name is TheMakerOfMatchAttax or T.M.O.M.A. for short!

"Match Attax is it not just a trading card game or is it. As I have a Interview with one of Australia's Best Match Attax collectors and he tells me the what Match Attax REALLY means to him"

Why you started to collect Match Attax I am 13 and I started collecting match attax at Christmas time last year, when I saw them at a shop called BigW at my local town and thought they were awesome! So my sister bought me the tin for my christmas. Now I have finished the 10/11 base set, star player set, star signing set, need Bednar showboat, 20 Man of the match's and 1 Hundred Club.

What you like about Match Attax What I like about Match Attax is the excitment I have every time I open a packet. Every time I open a packet I feel like it is my first one. Also the things I like about match attax is the set how it has 465 cards plus the Limited editions and the Badges. so it takes time to finish the set. The graphics of the cards are outstanding!. My favorite cards are Hundred Clubs because even though they are really rare when you get one you feel like you have accomplished something.

Is the popularity increasing or decreasing in your area? The popularity is steady in my area because no people collect the cards. I live in Australia so it is very hard to get cards. I live TWO hours away from PACKETS of MATCH ATTAX 10/11. I think that some people are collecting Match attax in australia though because roughly there was 150 people turning up to all the tournaments (roughly 10 at each one).

Are Limited editions a good idea? Limited's are a good idea bacause it keeps you looking for the cards but I absoultley HATE the magazine Limited's because they are always never sold in australia. I have to drive 3 HOURS to get MOTD mag and Kick! Mag.

Design of cards good or bad?The Design of the cards are GREAT because they are nice to touch and the showboats/star players/signings are really smooth and I dont know how you guys at topps can make the design better every year! but this years design tops them all because its easy to read (get's younger kids involved).

New game play ideas I think you should not do anything to the gameplay because it is perfect at its current state at the moment. The way you have introduced the referee card this year was GENIUS and now its even more difficult to find the perfect tournament team.

Now as I am sitting finishing off this article, I would like to ask some questions to topps (or a moderator that knows more than me!!! :P :
1. why dont you sell the same starter pack in australia.
2. why are the packets and cards in australia different material.
3. why does packets of match attax cost twice as much in australia than england.
4. why is there 24 packet boxes not 100 and 200 pack boxes.
5. why cant we get the mega tin in australia.

What Match Attax is like in Australia?
In australia Match Attax is a lot more smaller than in the u.k. and most people who collect it in australia have resided in the u.k. The tournaments are a heap smaller with about 10 people competiting at each tournament in australia. There are 9 tournaments in australia. (3 in sydney, 3 in melbourne, 1 in adelade, 1 in brisbane. 1 in perth). I went to one in sydney (4 hours away from where I reside). I was knocked out in the semi final and even though I attended the tournament, I didnt recieve a regional heats card (only the national finalists do). But I did recieve 35 free packets of Match Attax (worth gold to me, Because I have to travell 2 hours to get boosters!) and I recieved in a Packet ROONEY HC.

Thanks from T.M.O.M.A.

Thanks T-man, I would really like to win because They dont sell mega tins in australia and even if I came runner-up or even didnt get a placing I wouldnnt care I am atleast getting my word out there! I am in year 8 and currently studing S.A'S in english :P

From TMOMA

winger#7 ROX!

RVP = BEST!

Australian Collector :D

I DO Trade abroad
:cheers

Check Out My YouTube Channel My Tradelist My WishList My Feedback/Trusted Traders My MailDays :D

Posted Image

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Thanks for some great entries.

Please be aware that the examples I gave for ideas in the opening post were just that ideas, they were not meant to be questions to be answered in the articles.

Your articles can be about anything you want.

Thanks

WINGERnumba7
Member Avatar
101 Card
Hey T-Man, here's my entry, but this aint about me collecting, i'm writing my own argument abut LE's...

LIMITED EDITIONS-GREAT TO HAVE, NOT FUN TO COLLECT...

Hi everybody,

I have 5/6 LE's out of the Match Attax 10/11 Collection. Living in Australia, it can be difficult searching for certain LE's. Here is how I got my 6 LE's:

DROGBA: Had a special offer, send in a flyer to Topps w/ 10 empty wrappers, and recieve a free Drogba LE
ARSHARVIN: Had to ask mum to get me a tin, coz i didn't have any Money on me
DEFOE: Collector Guide, no probs, my 1st 10/11 LE.
CAHILL: Very hard to find a binder in newsagents here in Aus, so limited acces to this LE.
VIDIC: Easy to find, guaranteed find of this LE in a 3 pack bundle sold by CroftMinister, an Australian Topps Distributor.
PIENAAR: Ridiculous. Still need this LE, this issue of MATCH! was NOT sold here, therefore, I still need him.

I do not understand why us collectors don't have access to certain LE's, as 1 or 2 are only found in different parts of the World. What about collectors, that, arent on this forum and don't have YouTube? They wont find it! Cahill has now been released in the UK, no sign of Pienaar here! I will never complete my set of 10/11 LE's. When International collectors, like I, offer for a rare LE, with a IRRESISTABLE deal, think of us and trade with us!!! In the UK, you can always find a Mag or a Collector a few hours away, or even order it off the net! Postage costs me a losd!!! Topps should have more consideration...

On the bright side, 1 or 2 LE's are a GREAT card for me to have. At the moment, my most desireable card is the Joe Hart LE, such a wonderful & colourful card!!! Gonna look great on my set, if my trader and I seal our deal! I also love the Cole LE. And the Arteta. BUT!

For me, I don't get very *EXCITED* with an LE card, ESPECIALLY when you know where you can find it! I get more excited with a high scoring MOTM or HC.

Thanks,
W#7

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Check out TheMakerOfMatchAttax

Feedback: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6778704/1/?results=407078&pg=1

Tradelist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6781450/1/#new

Wantlist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6783472/1/?x=0#post8142910

elliegriff
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey tollyman, here's my entry:

Hey there match attax lovers,

This is my first article for the match attax mag, today I am going to write a bit about Match Attax and it's positives and negatives.. It obviously isn't as popular here as it is in England, but for those who do know about it, simply, love it. Personally, I've been collecting since 09/10 and this year got to the national championships over here. In Australia, sometimes we're lucky and other times we aren't. Obviously one of the lucky times is the fact that Tim Cahill LE is only available in Aussie Starter Packs. For me and I'm sure for all other Australian Collectors, this has been brilliant for trading. I traded a Cahill LE for all the cards I needed to complete my base set and showboats. This aspect of being an Aussie collector is great. Then, on the other hand, there are a lot more negatives for us over here. First of all, they only sell Match Attax Extra in England and Malaysia, if you think about it, wouldn't Topps want to make more money all over the world by selling Match Attax Extra everywhere, they could put those cards in the tournament rules which would practically make us buy seeing as hat-trick-heroes and club captains would be part of it. Why be so exclusive. It's the same with club badges, the only way we can get them is by trading or buying them from England. Do they want to make less money?

Another thing is the packet prices over here compared to the ones in the UK. A packet of Match Attax in England is 50p, which is 75c in Australia. Have you seen the prices over here, $2 a pack!!! ALMOST DOUBLE WHAT THE ENGLISH HAVE TO PAY!!!!! It's ridiculous!!

Now for another horrible money-making ploy Topps have used. As I'm certain you've noticed by now, the limited editions and club badges don't fit in the binder! They did it last year with the managers as well! So now they expect us to buy the mini-binder, but barely any people do. Mini-binders, once again, are not available in Australia!!

That's my first article and I hope you liked it :)
My Wishlist My Tradelist
My Youtube Feedback/Trusted Traders

swapit
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I have collected match attax for 5 years now and have seen a few changes in the design, rarity and popularity of these cards. These cards have become so popular that they are now known worldwide. When they where a huge success in 2007-08 they decided to make Bundesliga match attax and now there so popular they have created new merchandise just for match attax. Tins, binder, mini binder, chocolate, T-shirts, mugs, chips (not the edible ones) and guides.
Each year match attax has at least 21 cards per team(in 2010-11 it increased to at least 23)and with limited editions and hundred clubs(later introduced)match attax was now producing around 400-450 cards per set. With the introduction of Match Attax Extra, it took the game to a whole new level. With Club Captains, new signings, squad updates, hat-trick heroes and player of the months (for one set only) Match Attax had now established itself as one of the top football card sets ever. Not bad for one seasons set.
Match Attax has shown us the teams in the Barclays Premier League since 2007 having Arsenal, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Chelsea, Derby County, Everton, Fulham, Hull, Liverpool,Manchester City, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United,
Portsmouth, Reading, Stoke, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham united, Wigan Athletic and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Next season we are most likely to see Queens Park Rangers and quite possibly Norwich and Cardiff.
In all Match Attax extra collections Arsenal and Manchester United have both had 37 cards(which is the most) and reading have the least with 4.The least for a team which has been in the premier league for the fours seasons of match attax is Everton and Blackburn both with 24 cards.
Suggestions for The Match Attax set for 2011/12 would be
-More Limited Editions with some rare and some not
-Hundred clubs and Limited Editions donít have to be for top clubs
-Hat-trick Heroes of the hat-tricks in the second half of the season.
-Premier League Badge
-Topps Badge
-2-3 different signed players
-Legends cards 40-50 cards (exclusive to somewhere)
Match Attax has been a great successor of the highly collectable shoot out cards but the design for the recent set has been criticised as too childish. A new design with black background Rainbow Foils would be most welcome
And with these three teams already officially getting at least a play-off place we should see 2-3 new teams in Match Attax
QPR
Norwich
Cardiff
Edited by swapit, Apr 24 2011, 06:14 PM.
Wish List
Trade List
Feedback
Trades on FCF-84
waiting to get cards from-0 people
waitng for ... people to get their cards-0 people

Arsenal FC

knights98
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
IS MATCH ATTAX WORTH THE MONEY WE COLLECTORS PAY????
Match attax, as we all know is a worldwide phenomenon in card collecting. People ship out hundreds of their cold hard cash and part with it for a few pieces of cardboard wrapped in plastic. Now if their lucky they may get a card with some gold foil on it or some silver foil on it and it displays a player on it but it is otherwise just a piece of cardboard.

So if someone had displayed at a shop great bargain!, 6 pieces of cardboard for only 50p you would think they are mad. Especially if in Australia someone displayed one saying 6 pieces for 2 dollars!

There is sentimental value in cards of certain players and teams causing the prices to go up but seriously at the end of the day collectors are literally throwing away their cash. Despite this people have no need to give up collecting as there are a few solutions to saving your cash.

1) You can join a trading card site like 'football cards forum' and trade with other collectors so you do not have to buy endless packs to complete sets.

2) If you do buy packs and get a rare card you will make a higher profit from selling the card on ebay earlier rather than later. This is because most people will have not found the card in a packet yet and need the card. This especially important with lower quality cards like the match attax type we are dealing with here.

3) Shop smart! Do not go on ebay thinking 'look there is a rare card on sale at a good price. Despite it not being from my team I will buy it and put it a way!' This is just wasting your money as you are not getting any benifit out of the deal except parting with cash.

4) You do not have to collect the entire set! It is obvious that match attax is easier to collect as a set than perhaps other collections such as rugby league collections in Australia. However if you are wasting your money it is simply enough to ensure you have every card from just yoour favourite team. This does reduce a substantial amount of wasted money on cards you sometimes do not even want.

So, please do take these tips into consideration as well as the fact that cards really are just pieces of cardboard the next time you part with cash for cards.
Thanks again for the comp T- Man! Good luck to all!
Edited by knights98, Apr 26 2011, 08:25 PM.
My wishlist Updated 18/2
[url=[url]http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6851547/1/]

Feedback!
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6758606/1/?results=406443&pg=1

Trade list updated 17/1
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6768564/1/#new

Trusted Traders: Maxi Taxi x3, Jamesalex x3, 44gwilson, Mattybomb22, TheMakerOfMatchAttax, Aussiergy x3, Matchattaxfanatic, pnchocolates, pjson37

Please check out my trade/wish lists! Thanks!

MasterMujiOfMatchAttax10/11
101 101
Hi t-man, heres my entry:

I started collecting Match Attax at the age of 9, 2007/2008 series. The way that i knew about them was when i went to mosque, and i used to trade a few pens for a few base cards. Then one day i went to the town centre, and i went into Martins and found football cards. I was really into football. I was a Manchester United supporter then and my favourite player was Ryan Giggs. So i bought a few packets of Match Attax andf in my first pack i has Gary McCsheffery Man Of The Match. I stared at it and loved it. I have really enjoyed opening the packs! Some i get are phenomenal! The different designs on the match attax cards are great, and the card ratings are bang on! Since 2008, i have bought appriximately 350+ packs one season for 3 seasons. I have bought loads of merchandise of match attax, such as:

Boxes of Match Attax and eXtra
Packets
Collector Guides
Starter Packs
Tins
Mega Tins
And lots more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have also been trading on this magnificent site, and thanks to members, i have completed loads of sets including:

Match Attax 07/08 Extra
Match Attax 07/08 ( 5 LE to go)
Match Attax 08/09 Extra ( Excluding Unreleased LE's and Giggs)
Match Attax 08/09
Match Attac 09/10
Match Attax 09/10 extra
Match Attax England
Match Attax 10/11 Extra. ( Excluding Lampard and Arteta LE)
Match Attax 10/11 (86 Cards to go)

Unfortunately i have not been to any events, because the events are too far from my place, about 50 miles, but soon i will go. I really want to swap with other people, and win the master card!

I have really enjoyed collecting Match Attax, and i will collect all of the next seasons and will hope to complete all seasons. big]
Edited by MasterMujiOfMatchAttax10/11, Apr 25 2011, 11:14 AM.
Need fifa coins. PM Me

jamesalex
Member Avatar
"Giggity Giggity"
My entry:

Match Attax. How successful has it been? Since it's introductory collection in 07/08, it has flourished. As an Australian collector, I've experienced the highs and lows of collecting an international trading card collection, and in this article, I would like to show you how it's been collecting Match Attax through every season as a collector down under.....

Match Attax 07/08
My first season of collecting football cards. I found out about Match Attax online and was hoping, without expecting, my local newsagent would have them. My newsagent didn't even know what Premier League was, let alone Match Attax. So I tried online and ordered about 25 packs. That was as far as it got for me in terms of buying packs. I had nowhere or nobody to trade with, and I gave up collecting at about Christmas time.

Match Attax 08/09
This season was better for me. My local newsagent didn't sell it, but a newsagent about 20 minutes away did. I managed to convince my friend to buy them as well, and he did. And guess who that friend is today....marylewitmendes, FCF member and 2011 World Championships semi-finalist! He was the only person to trade with, but it was better than nothing. One thing I did notice though was the packets were $2 at my newsagent, when the packs retailed for 50p. Thats about 75c, so I realised I was getting ripped off buying packs from the newsagent. Shame I only realised that about the same time as I decided to stop buying packs. I ended up with about 80% of base and star players, around 25 motms, no hundred clubs, and 2 LE's, Torres and Miller.

Match Attax 09/10

The first time I entered the tournaments. This was the year Match Attax made significant progress here in Australia, many of my local newsagents sold it, and there were Australian tournaments! But after learning about last years pack-buying rip off, I ordered 50 packs off ebay. I got about 5 people at school to collect Match Attax, so I had people to trade with for once! I bought all the merchandise, (tin, collector, starter pack) and was really happy with my collection progress. I thought Hundred Clubs were ultra-rare. I thought they were 1 in 100 packs (which they may be?), so I bidded in many Ebay auctions for HC's and won a Gerrard Hundred Club for about 5 pounds. I treasured that card, and used it in my team at the Australian Tournaments. I got to the final 4 of my State tournament, but lost in the semi-final due to some cheating from my opponent (used a manager from a different club). I finished with 99% of base, all i-cards, around 30 motms and 4 LE's.

Match Attax 10/11

The collection where Match Attax grew up in Australia. There was a Match Attax Australia website and Facebook page, and most newsagent's were selling all the merchandise. I also joined footballcardsforum in 10/11, and thus opened the trading caper. I was a little skeptical at first about trading through the internet to strangers, but it turned out to be extremely successful for me. Starter Packs here in Australia were gold. WHen I first bought a starter pack, I thought the Limited Edition in it was the same one you got around the world. I was wrong. This started "Cahill Corporated". I traded about 25 Cahill LE's from the starter packs to international members, and reaped in the rewards. It cost me 5 Aussie dollars for a starter pack, and I usually got about 15 Aussie dollars worth in cards. The tournaments were big for me, extremely big. I had perfected my team and entered one of the Victorian State tournaments and won without in hiccups. Then came the National's. I was greeted at Chadstone Shopping Centre with a 2011 Regional Heats card which I later sold. I won all my group stage matches and the semi-final and then was...the Final. The game that would decide if I went to England. I lost to marylewitmendes. I was devastated, it's my lifelong dream to go to England, but at least I left with a 2011 Silver Regional Finalist card in my hands (I later sold this as well). I have completed the collection, including LE's, and I am very proud with that effort. All those years stuggling to even complete all the base, and now I suddenly complete everything. Massive season of collecting and playing the game for me.

Well thats my story, hope you really enjoyed it. Match Attax has grown immensely here in Australia, and i'm proud to have experienced the journey. Now, if only Match Attax Extra was sold here.......
Edited by jamesalex, Apr 27 2011, 12:02 PM.
Trades- Needs -Feedback

Trusted Traders: Feedback Thread

Arsenal Fan!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Matchattaxmad
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
November 2008 was the date, wander into the local newsagent with my son. He immediately drew my attention to the square blue box on the counter. This blue box hmmmmm I enquired with my son what are these????? MATCH ATTAX, this word is now sumonis in our household. It brings tears, heart ache and fun to the house. We bought a few packets on the day and a binder and the rest is history. Our first set Match attax 2008 was completed just after Christmas with a mammoth buying spree at the shops and car boot sales. April 2009 came got the extra set and it was off to a match attax event in Sunderland, were we all met up with fellow collectors and what a great day out and making collector friends.

The months October and March are engrained in our house hold its were it all starts again. Chasing the limited editions, collecting the man of the matches the whole summer of 2009 was spent looking and finding. When our 2008 collections were near complete we needed to feed out appetite for more cards and started collecting match attax 2007.

By the time we nearly complete the 2007 match attax sets it was time for Match Attax 2009. After meeting with people at the match attax event in April 2008 we just had a good couple of months of swap are thons. Didnít make it to the Hull event in 2010 as it was too far to travel. With the appetite for more card collecting Match attax 2010 world cup came along and made the summer of 2010 go quicker and the lead time shorter to Match attax 2010.

Match attax 2010 set was more exciting with the new refís addition and all the normal things that go with the match attax collecting completed the collection by Christmas 2010 and it was the wait for the extra set in March 2011. April saw the match attax events and managed to get to the Manchester and Newcastle were we were able to meet up with fellow collectors again and fcf forum members.

Spring summer 2010 will see us trying to complete the last few cards from sets and replace cards that have been signed. The new and exiting task is to get all the match attax cards signed by the players which will suppress out match attax addiction until the new set comes out in October 2011 and to make matters worst the footy season is about to end so for 4-5 weeks we will have a lull in football in our household!!!!!, but its car booty finding time.

The main advantage of collecting the cards from past seasons as well i.e. from 1998 onwards is now I can tell you who plays for what team and where they have transferred from over the last 10 years just about.

What holds for the Match Attax 2011 set?
We have mangers, badges, refsís but no mascots!!!!! Yet.
What color is the card backs going to be purple?????
Are the binders going to hold up to 600 cards ???
Will the prices be the same???

October 2011 we await
wish list cards signed ma12 19/520 3% ma champ 200/293 70% ma11 262/472 55% ma10 249/471 50% Ma10 ex 49/167 = 29% Ma09 157/451= 37% Ma09 ex60/170=35% Ma08 120/450 =26% Ma08 ex 16/162 =9.8% Ma07 72 =16% Ma07 ex / % pchamp 07 37/288 =12.8% S06 131/360=36% SO06ex 17/72 =23% S05 52/360 =14.4% SO5ex 4/60 = 6.6% S04 27/360 = 7.5% S03 19/360 = 5.2% P world cup 2010 6 = 1.7% T/signed=1400+

adz97
International Legend
After collecting match attax sets for a few years now I have realized that topps could intrigue more buyers by following a new scheme that I thought up what you do Is you send topps your empty match attax packets and they will exchange this for a token for a discount on your next purchase of match attax.
I think this could be good as this is an incentive to buy more packs meanwhile we are cutting down topps' carbon footprint as the packets could be recycled many people did this to receive the torres card however you can only gain five tokens a season as topps would lose a lot of cash
Thanks adz97
Sorry if it is too short

Posted Image
Want Megacracks 10/11 and Megacracks 12/13

jamesalex
Member Avatar
"Giggity Giggity"
By the way Tollyman, if I win, just send me the tin, don't worry about the packs, you can put them in a different competition, as I really don't want or need them!
Trades- Needs -Feedback

Arsenal Fan!

kprnutz
dave
[ *  * ]
having been a football card collector for over 20 years starting with early cigarette cards , and going onto collect the topps and a&bc sets from 1950`s to 1970`s i found that collecting match attax cards were much easier to find than something from pre 1910 and much more affordable , plus the match attax varying shapes and different series of cards was an interesting angle of sales pattern to the normal types of cards i particularly like the world cup series of cards as the players give more insight into the event , the limited edition cards are a good idea but as in all chase cards sometimes you end up paying huge money just to complete your set maybe if you could purchase a few odds of these cards from topps it would be easier to complete sets , what i would really like to see is a collection of lesser known players from the english leagues as this would make into a fascinating collection as not all people support the big premier league teams and would give them something to collect , i feel that anyone from the age of 5 upto my age of in my late 40`s match attax can be collected easily and affordably using pocket money , and also the gaming aspect of cards is great as my son who is in his 20`s actually plays the games as he collects all game / roll play type of cards ,
lets hope for many more series of cards with a wider choice

sneds15
i-card
[ *  * ]
i have only recently started to collect match attax but i think that this is the best football trading card game ever because its not just in england its all across the world and the world population of match attax is increasing very fast. when the first match attax extra came out i only got 1 packet that was free with a magazine with the trophy card but from then i have cards from every collection which follows:
match attax 08/09
match attax 08/09 extra
Match attax 09/10
match attax 09/10 extra
match attax world cup
match attax world stars
match attax 10/11
match attax 10/11 extra
10/11 is the first season that i have actually collected match attax and from the huge variety of cards that i have its probably the best i have every collected!!!!!!!!!

i am a huge arsenal fan and i am trying really hard to complete al the arsenal sets from the very first season. i only need a few cards (mainly man of the matches) for both 10 11 and extra but if i won the mega tin i'm sure that i could complete the 10 11 original.

i have wanted a mega tin since i first new about them but they are to expensive and i would realllllly love if i won this competition and have a chance at a mega tin.

the limited edition cards are probably the best cards in the set as i have many myself from 08 09 onwards. match attax in my local area is not really that popular anymore but i still love to collect the cards.

today(20th May 2011) i bought 20 packets of the normal match attax and was hoping to get vidic limited edition, unfortunately i opened 5 packets and not even a shiny, but as i reached the 10th packet my luck was about to turn, i opened the packet and saw a live card code, i then skipped through the base cards to find,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

NEMANJA VIDIC LIMITED EDITION!!!!!!!

i was absolutely buzzing out my mind! i now only need Steven Pienaar and Tim Cahill from the normal series, and Joe Hart and Frank Lampard from extra to complete the limited editions for 10/11.

i can't wait until next seasons collection as i now officially am a match attax phenomenon!!!!!!!!!! :sf4
Edited by sneds15, May 20 2011, 04:18 PM.

baros1
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
My entry:

Collecting football cards is not a hobby for everyone. Many people wonder about our passion to collect pieces of paper with photos from the players we see on television and stadia every week, to spend our money on them and to looking incessantly to get a new card to fulfill our collections.

Collecting football cards is more than a collection: is a passion. The bright in our eyes to see a new card popping out of a booster pack, the card you want available for trade arriving at your home, the expectation of the release of a new set and its cards, these are emotions that cannot be explained. Emotions that Match Attax provide to us.

Topps know how to catch the collections with Match Attax. Limited Edition cards are a challenge for anyone who wants to get any single card possible, a beautiful design that make cards not only collectable buy enjoyable to be seen, all these details make collectors more and more ďattaxĒed to the game, seeking for the new sets and continuously collecting them.

Honestly, the gameplay is only an addition to the cards for me. I donít like that much the idea of high scoring games, but itís not the major point of Match Attax. I prefer to play a different game, where the difference between attack and defense is calculated and when one team gets to a determined number of points (+30, for example) it scores and points are reset. It gives a new emotion and strategy to know when to defend or when to attack, to see the other team on the edge of scoring a goal and turning the game around getting to score before the opponent, just like a counter-attack. Not a bigger emotion than getting your prized and wanted card in a booster pack at your birthday, though.

Peterorange
i-card
[ *  * ]
Match Attax are great for kids. Obviously as an adult I look upon my son Jordanís hobby with fondness and a little condescension and remember collecting Topps football cards myself. Kenny Dalglish, Steve Heighway, Phil Thompson...Liverpool players were gold dust in the playground (jumpers for goalposts etc, etc). But of course as a mature adult, they don't interest me in the slightest and I have no idea how many base cards Jordan still needs (34) and how many Match Attax Extra Limited Editions there are (Seven! How are we supposed to get hold of seven?!)

Going back to our first season of collecting in 2008-9 he (not me, obviously) got carried away on ebay, bidding silly amounts for trophy cards, limited editions and various other cards. But it was worth it to see all the hat trick heroes together. Not that I could name them (Adebayor, Robinho, Anelka, Agbonlahor). Itís hard to believe he was five when we started collecting. He's eight now and although no one collects in his class he is still a big fan, and despite despairing attempts by his mum to put us...oops, him, off at the start of the season, half his pocket money every week still goes on a pack of Match Attax and there are regular 'surprise packs' from his dad! Of course this does mean that his sister has to have a corresponding little treat too, and the result is that she has so many small cuddly toys in her bed she doesnít actually need a mattress any more. Every cloud has a silver lining though as the money we raised from selling her mattress got us a Cahill Limited Edition card from Australia (not really!)

Although I take no interest in Match Attax myself, having much more important concerns to dwell upon, I have become a bit of a wheeler-dealer online in my efforts to get hold of cards Jordan needs. Scouring his collection trying to work out whether a Daryl Murphy is worth a Sylvain Ebanks-Blake is not something I would ever do, but I can understand that this may be a rewarding past-time for some when those much-needed missing cards come plopping through the letterbox. And it only costs us the postage!

However, all good things have to come to an end and this will be the last season we collect Match Attax, I have assured my wife. Iím off now to discuss with Jordan who will be the QPR Showboat when Match Attax 2011-12 are releasedÖ
Edited by Peterorange, May 3 2011, 03:15 PM.

madman1414
Member Avatar
100 Club
In Match Attax there is a variety of products including

STARTER PACKS
COLLECTOR TINS
MEGA TINS
T-SHIRTS &
COLLECTOR GUIDES

I tend to buy the last few cards from www.footycards.com
there are many card types including:

HUNDRED CLUB
HAT TRICK HEROS
FANS FAVOURITES &
LIMITED EDITIONS

There have been many card changes in the time match attax have been out.
Trusted Traders:Allstardude

Liverpool FC:18 Premier Leagues,7 FA Cups,7 League Cups,15 Community Shield,5 Champions Leagues,3 Europa Leagues,3 European Super Cups

marylewitmendes
Member Avatar
101 Card
I'm marylewitmendes and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

This is an autobiography of me collecting Match Attax.

Match Attax 07/08 season:

I didn't collect in the 07/08 season. In fact, I didn't even know about match attax! It wasn't sold or advertised in Melbourne! I did however, go to England and bought a few packs of match attax extra. It certainly wasn't a serious collection though. I didn't even know what they were!

Match Attax 08/09 season:

Thanks to jamesalex this was the first season I actually collected and traded match attax. At first I thought it was a waste of money. I didn't see the tactics in the matches and I only had 1 person to trade with. I soon realised how fun it was though, and I got about half way to completing the set.

Match Attax 09/10 season:

This was the breakout season for match attax in Australia! We had a tournament and most newsagents sold them. I got all the memorabilia and got about 3 /4 of the set. After playing some matches I realised that tactics and strategies could be used. I also entered the tournament and managed to make it to the Australian finals. Unfortunately I came 3rd but the whole experience of playing in the tournament was memorable.

Match Attax 10/11 season:

This season Match attax became even bigger in Australia. This was also the season I become a proper collector! I joined FCF and started to watch you tube videos. That introduced me to facts I wasn't aware of. Before this season I thought the 101 card was the rarest card you could get! This year, I decided to follow jamesalex in buying my packs off ebay. We got an amazing deal and shared a 100 pack box. I was also fortunate enough to win the Australian tournament. I beat the very unlucky jamesalex in the final! I was absolutely gutted for him but I truly enjoyed the expreience at the world championships!. In the big tournament, I lost in the semi-finals to Norvyn from Malaysia (the winner). I have definitely become an avid collecter of match attax! I currently need 25 for MOTM's to complete the binder set and I will hopefully get close by the end of the season!

After 3 years of collecting, match attax is the best game and collectable I know!

Match Attax 11/12 season:

There are a few things that I think Topps should consider changing to improve match attax:
1. No showboats, limited editions and badges! They are annoying from a collecter's point of view as they are hard to value.
2. There should be another official collection that is more valuable. It could include 1 legend card, rising star, mascot card, kit card and printed autograph for each team. Showboats, club badges and limited editions would also be fine in that collection.
3. There were a lot of rules ramdomly added in at the tournaments. I think there should be a rule book that includes everything. That would mean that there'd be no complication at the tournaments.
4. Each card should have an overall rating. That could be a tiebreaker if there is a draw.
5. A midfielder should be the 101 card in 11/12 as there have been no standouts from FOR or DEF. A midfielder would have a reason to have 101 as their weaker rating.

I'm looking forward to another season of collecting, trading and playing match attax!
Edited by marylewitmendes, May 7 2011, 09:59 AM.
Hi, i'm marylewitmendes

Ryan Giggs is a legend!!!!!!!!

Trusted Traders: jamesalex, 44gwilson, elliegriff

lrulesok
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I started collecting in the 2006 world cup. I got 30 packets or so. Then when match attaxs re came out in 07-08 I was straight there trying to complete the binder with my friends. I got about half the collection when match attaxs released extra with all new hatrick hero's it stunned me how topps thought of such great idea. but sadly I stopped fr a bit until 08-09 came.I was helpless to resist. it was the series i really collected and as extra came out so did the world championships i went and was wowed to see the amount of awesome match attaxs players. I got through the heats in one attempt but in the 1st silver round i lost. The next year i had a close friend collecting with me so i was getting cards cards quicker. at the world championship 2010 at got to the silver card 1st round and lost. after 09-10 had ended i decided to get the last cards from 08-09. 10 11 i got the the binder and started collecting.

2011 world championship: it was an event I'd never forget I managed to get through the heats after a slight change to my team. the silver round came and my luck was in id managed to get to the semis but my run ended. and that's my story.
lrulesok :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lrulesok?feature=mhum
is my youtube channal

mattybomb22
100 Club
Match Attax- A brief history and why you should or shouldnít buy the cards.

Topps released Match Attax cards in 2007. Each collection has about 400 cards.
But is it a good purchase or not? Read on to find out my opinion.

When first released Match Attax cards cost just 35 pence and were popular with younger adults. Then after just two years it became the biggest selling collectible game in the UK. It has held this title for 3 years and doesnít look like stopping. Even with the inflated prices since their beginning (now packets of six cards cost 50 pence) kids are still buying. But how do they keep changing so kids will buy? Read the next paragraphs for information about the sets.

Since the release of the cards in 2007, there have been a few changes with the cards. In each set Match Attax, there are at least 18 players from each team (including star players, star signings etc). In the 07/08 and 08/09 series, there were 2 foil star players for each of the 20 teams. The ratios of these cards were 1 in every 2 packs. These cards were replaced in the 2009/10 series by I-card players. Each ĎI-cardí had a code on which would unlock the player and 3 others on the online game, Match Attax Live.. You could play your friends and people from around the globe.

Then, the star players were re-introduced in 2010-11 with a twist. There were only 1 of these cards for each team with the second star player replaced by a foil star signing card. In 2010/11, Foil Showboats were introduced also. There was 1 showboat for each team featuring a playerís special skill in the team and it gave the player a +5 boost in both attack and defence.

Next are the Man of the Match rainbow foil cards. These cards feature 3 players from each team and each player has boosted ratings in attack and defence and are found in every 4-5 packs. In 2008/09, hundred clubs were introduced to the set. Hundred clubs are much rarer than the Man of the Match cards. These rainbow foil cards are also helpful for the game as they are an almost unbeatable card with a rating of 100 in either attack or defence.

The only 2 changes to the base cards are the manager in 09/10 and the referee in 2010/11. These were both designed for the game which can be played with the cards. There are 20 managers, 1 for each team and each of these increased the attack and defence of a player from the same club as the manager by 5 points. The referee card can be used on any opposition player and decreased both their attack and defence by 5.

But the rarest and most valuable cards are the limited editions. The values of these cards range from 1 pound (limited editions normally found in starter packs) to 500 pounds (unreleased limited editions). Limited editions can be found normally in five places: starter packs, tins, lucky packets, collector guide and magazines. These cards normally hold the most value over the years.

Another collection that Topps have created is the Match Attax Extra Series. Almost the same as normal Match Attax, Match Attax Extra is released in early March each season. It contains roughly 150 cards and includes all squad updates and new signings since the start of the season. There are normally about 100 base and 20 foil captains (one for each team). They also include Fan favourite rainbow foil cards which have changed from one foil for each team in 2008/09 to one rainbow foil for each position out of all the teams and an overall favourite.
There is also 1 Man of the Match card from each team. But my favourite cards out of all are the hat-trick heroes. These again are rainbow foil cards and have the same stats as a normal card. The player featured is a player who has scored a hat-trick before the Christmas break. Finally, match Attax extra also has the 5th hundred club.

So after all this, is Match Attax really a good buy?
I think YES!
Here are 3 reasons why:
1.The game is so much fun. If you get just a couple of friends to collect, you can play them all the time in preparation for point number 2.
2.Tournaments. Going to tournaments is fantastic. There is so much stuff to see and do even if you do lose plus everyone go home with some cards.
3.Trading. Trading is great fun and itís a great way to get rid off your unwanted doubles. You can also sell your doubles if you want. You can also meet people from around the world and trade with them using websites such as football cards forum.

Collecting is great fun if you know how to do it properly, but just in case here are a few tips.
ēMake sure you sign up to football cards forum or websites similar. The forum contains thousands of people from around the globe who know heaps about the cards.
ēIf you do trade with someone, make sure they have feedback as if they donít they are probably scamming you.
ēBe patient. You donít have to complete your collection ASAP. Wait for cards prices to drop instead of buying them all straight away.
ēHave fun! Donít get overly serious and have to get every single bit of merchandise there is.

What does Match Attax 2011/12 hold for us? I think legend cards will be introduced, but weíll all just have to wait and see before we can start buying!

Written by Matt Geard aka mattybomb22

My Trade List- http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6759099/1/#new
My Feedback- http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6763205/1/#new
My wishlist- http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6768208/1/
trusted Traders-knights98, papagali, match-attax-man789, themakerofmatchattax, hotspurs95, dm14
Pending traders- wingerNumber7, dylanharry0, arsenal9126

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I started to collect Match Attax in 07/08...I couldn't of collected 08/09 because I wasn't in the country, as I was in New Zealand (Not on sale there). I could of collected 09/10 but my parents urged me not to collect them as they are a waste of money; so I bought packs secretly behind there back

10/11 is just basically when I started to fully collect it. I succesfully completed it with all Managers and limited editions.

So Match Attax whats is it?

Match Attax is a football trading card game which was released at the start of the 07/08 Season. It was published by Topps, based on the Barclays English Premier League. It became a BIG hit being the biggest selling collectible card game in the UK and Ireland for the past 3-4 years. Estimated just under 33 Million Pounds

The would be followed by advertisements in the biggest selling newspaper called 'The Sun' and 'The News of the World'.

Match Attax has a quite a rise since it first came out and there are more predictions that it will go up to possibly 60p in the 11/12 season?

Match Attax 07/08: 35p
Match Attax 08/09: 40p
Match Attax 09/10: 50p
Match Attax 10/11: 50p

Match Attax has also staged a 'Swap and Play Tour' which people can come and swap there cards for the ones they need and the can qualify for the World Championship stages when you can compete against the world (i.e. South Africa, Australia, Singapore) and also the winners from around the UK and Ireland.

What it includes?

Packets
The contain 6 cards per pack, with a chance of getting a rainbow foil card or a foil card, or just even a pack with no shiny :shrug

Tins

Usually contain 60 Cards with 1 Limited Edition (07/08: Cristiano Ronaldo; 08/09: Steven Gerrard; 09/10: Frank Lampard; 10/11: Andrei Arshavin)
Sometimes the odds are like this (to my apparent view) either: -2 Star Player, 1 MOTM- -1 Hundred Club, 1 Star Player- -2 MOTM-
Tin also includes the Tin itself which can fit over 150+ Cards.

Starter Packs

To be continued tommorow ;)

Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Competition closes tonight at 12am and. the thread will be locked

Winners announced by 27th May.

Thanks everyone for your excellent entries.

As the entries have been so good I've decided to giveaway 2 megatins one for the 14's and over and one for the under 14's

WINGERnumba7
Member Avatar
101 Card
Tollyman
May 20 2011, 08:35 PM
Competition closes tonight at 12am and. the thread will be locked

Winners announced by 27th May.

Thanks everyone for your excellent entries.

As the entries have been so good I've decided to giveaway 2 megatins one for the 14's and over and one for the under 14's
AWESOME! :P

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Check out TheMakerOfMatchAttax

Feedback: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6778704/1/?results=407078&pg=1

Tradelist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6781450/1/#new

Wantlist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6783472/1/?x=0#post8142910

TheMakerOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
RVP = LIVING LEGEND
T-man all I know is that I am 13 :wink
From TMOMA

winger#7 ROX!

RVP = BEST!

I DO Trade abroad

Check Out My YouTube Channel My Tradelist My WishList My Feedback/Trusted Traders My MailDays :D

Posted Image

TheMakerOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
RVP = LIVING LEGEND
This is AWESOME how we get a mega tins for our age and the older more intelligent ccontestants get one to so it's fair! Thanks a heap t-man much appreciated!
From TMOMA

winger#7 ROX!

RVP = BEST!

I DO Trade abroad

Posted Image

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator

***************RESULTS****************

A great response to this competition and some excellent entries. It's a shame you all can't be winners.

The winners are:

First Prizes of Megatins:

Winner over 14's - Mattybomb22

Winner of under 14's - Koda

Second Prizes of 20 Packs:

TheMakerOfMatchAttax
WINGERnumba7

Well done to the winners and a big thanks to everyone who took the time to enter.

Winners PM addresses please!

elliegriff
100 Club
well done guys. 3 out of 4 winners were aussies!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!1
My Wishlist My Tradelist
My Youtube Feedback/Trusted Traders

dm14
Signature Card
Well done winners !!! ;)

jamesalex
Member Avatar
"Giggity Giggity"
Congratualtions guys! I'm a little disappointed I didn't get a prize, but all 4 winners' entries were great, and...3 of them were aussies :D
Trades- Needs -Feedback

Arsenal Fan!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FCF Competitions · Next Topic »
Add Reply