Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Authentics Limited Edition Signed prices.
Topic Started: Jun 16 2011, 11:53 AM (1,129 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The cards seem to be around the 50 mark.

Surely this is good value as the Match Attax Signed cards with even greater print runs go for a lot more than this on Ebay.

What do people think?

Perhaps discounts for multiple purchases?

3 for 110

6 for 200

As said before a discount for forum members would be nice, I've asked but this is not on the cards (excuse the pun! :D ) at the moment.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
OK, that's fine but what price and print run would you suggest?

The more cards there are the less desireable, so would you pay say 15 knowing there was 5,000 cards?

Of course you also have to persuade premiership players to sign that many and for a price that allows topps to make a profit, I wouldn't want to have to ask Wayne Rooney to hand sign 5,000 football cards for 1 each! :o :D

Edited by Tollyman, Jun 16 2011, 12:14 PM.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Phild
Jun 16 2011, 12:13 PM
The difference is the others are not available to buy direct from Topps, they are just randomly inserted into packs which will drive the price up whereas these are direct from Topps. The print runs of the others maybe higher but with the exception of the Shilton World Cup one how many do you actually see available at any one time ?
15 various signed MA cards have been on ebay recently plus 5 more available at the moment, so not entirely exclusive.

Not selling for silly prices though (30 -50).

Has the authentics range of readily available signed limited cards hit the signed match attax card market?

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
matchattaxmaster11
Jun 16 2011, 12:21 PM
Tollyman
Jun 16 2011, 12:11 PM
OK, that's fine but what price and print run would you suggest?

The more cards there are the less desireable, so would you pay say 15 knowing there was 5,000 cards?

Of course you also have to persuade premiership players to sign that many and for a price that allows topps to make a profit, I wouldn't want to have to ask Wayne Rooney to hand sign 5,000 football cards for 1 each! :o :D

its just that topps target market is aimed at kids really, there is not alot of kids willing to pay 50 pounds for a piece of card in a box with a plastic cover on it, i am but i am saving up for next seasons cards.

there sales on the premier gold is appauling i just think they should lower the price and in the long run they should make more money because there not really selling many at the moment. And they would sell alot by lowering the price even if its like a special promotion for like a week. I would love to complete the set but i just cant find myself paying over 500 on them.
Topps are aiming this set at the adult market not for Kids but it according to members on here 60 per card is too high.

Ca you reduce the size of your signature? :cheers

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Phild
Jun 16 2011, 12:32 PM
Tollyman
Jun 16 2011, 12:22 PM
Phild
Jun 16 2011, 12:13 PM
The difference is the others are not available to buy direct from Topps, they are just randomly inserted into packs which will drive the price up whereas these are direct from Topps. The print runs of the others maybe higher but with the exception of the Shilton World Cup one how many do you actually see available at any one time ?
15 various signed MA cards have been on ebay recently plus 5 more available at the moment, so not entirely exclusive.

Not selling for silly prices though (30 -50).

Has the authentics range of readily available signed limited cards hit the signed match attax card market?

Thats it though 30-50 which shows what the price is. Ebay like it or not is the place where prices are determined these days.

How many of the 15 have been different cards ?

I don't think you can compare the markets at this moment between ma and the Authentics, one is as you know aimed at young kids and has a set to complete whereas the other is aimed at 'proper' collectors for want of a better word and there isn't a set to complete. Topps need to understand its not all about the 3/4 clubs (admittedly they will sell more of those than others) and if they opened up to other fans then it could work out but prices especially to start off need to be a touch more realistic and also i've yet to see any decent marketing from them. I don't know if they have promoted in mags like Match or anything as I don't buy them.
So if they went for double the print run for half the price would you be interested?

LE of 300 @ 30 each?

with perhaps 2 for 50, 5 for 100.

Perhaps they could auction a single card from each of the range weekly? Not going to rack up masive sales but once the product line expands to 100's of different items

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Authentics · Next Topic »
Add Reply