Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Authentics Limited Edition Signed prices.
Topic Started: Jun 16 2011, 11:53 AM (1,041 Views)
rishgoon
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think this is a great move by Topps UK. It's been too long since there has been something worthwhile for collectors. Futera Unique are a great release but they are extremely high end, and their price reflects this. And I would rather collect a designated 'Premier League' release as opposed to the International teams with Futera.

The price is fair in my opinion. An Owen, Giggs, Rio numbered as low as some of them are is good value I believe. Don't understand the price ranges though, with a signed Giggs numbered to /105 the same price as a signed Giggs numbered to /607. Doesn't make sense, I mean which would you prefer to buy?

The cards look great. Can understand a lot of teams aren't represented, this is something Topps would need to look at to sell more of them in the UK. My only two real issues with this release are:

No promotion. Not sure how long any information has been available or how long the cards have been released for, but I only found out about them through the FCF competition email I received last night. Whereas there are a fair few collectors here in Australia and once word gets around there will be some interest, the Asian market would certainly snap these up very quickly at the price they are at I believe. If any Topps UK reps do read this, I would encourage them to further promote on other countries trading card forums.

My other issue, and I haven't contacted Topps UK regarding if there is any leeway in this, is the cost of international postage. The only postage option I had to choose from here in Australia was 'Worldwide Delivery' at 34 pounds. I can understand if something somewhat larger than a trading card was to be sent registered outside of the UK may fetch a higher price. But I have purchased one or two cards from the UK that have cost me upwards of 100 pounds :idiot (hey not many) and the most for registered postage was 13 pounds. It just doesn't cost that much to post a trading card...

Otherwise, hopefully this is just the beginning from Topps UK. Would like to see some box/pack releases in the future. With maybe one 'squad player' autograph card per box and a couple of jersey cards per box, with one or more 'superstar' autograph cards per case... but in my opinion this is a great start.
"I went back to my hotel and intended to watch Tottenham on television - but I fell asleep" - Arsene Wenger

Posted Image

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Authentics · Next Topic »
Add Reply