Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Please tick all statements that you believe is TRUE for you
Football Cards Forum (FCF) is your home page 11 (1.8%)
It is important to you to be part of a collecting community such as FCF 62 (10%)
You visit a football Card Collecting forum at least once a week 64 (10.4%)
If you had not joined FCF there is a good chance you would have stopped collecting Football Cards 23 (3.7%)
You spend more money on Football Cards since joining FCF 47 (7.6%)
You are more likely to complete a set of cards since joining FCF 60 (9.7%)
You find important information on FCF that is not available anywhere else 71 (11.5%)
You visit FCF more than any other Football Card related site (including official Match Attax or Panini sites) 69 (11.2%)
You collect a Football Card Set now because you joined FCF 31 (5%)
If Limited Edition Card(s) were available through a annual premium membership of no more than (10) you would consider joining. 52 (8.4%)
FCF is the site you visit most on the internet 31 (5%)
You have made good friends with other members on FCF 58 (9.4%)
You have traded cards on FCF that you could not find anywhere else including ebay or other football card sites 38 (6.2%)
Total Votes: 617
How has being a member of FCF effected your collecting of Cards
Topic Started: Jul 28 2011, 12:15 PM (2,083 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Football cards forum is approaching it's 3rd birthday and we have a nice online community of collectors both young and old from all over the world.

Has being a member of this forum (or any other football card collecting forum) had an effect on your collecting hobby? If so let us know.

For instance.....

Has the trading helped you complete your sets?
Has what could have been the latest collecting 'fad' (quickly forgotten!) become a more longer term passion?
Do you feel part of a community at all or is this just a place to pop into get the latest info and dissapear again?
Are you spending more since being a member on your collecting than before you were a member?
Are you more likely to complete a collection after finding FCF than before?
Is it important to feel like you are in a wider community of collectors?

Let us know your experiences and how being a member has effected you or not!

It would be greatly appreciated if you could find a couple of minutes to complete the poll at the top of the thread, your answers could really help the long term success of the forum.

Edited by Tollyman, Jul 29 2011, 01:13 PM.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

llpalm08
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Its made me want to complete the whole set and I dont think i would have been able to get the Hart Limited Edition if I werent on here.
Wishlist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6734488/1/?x=0#post8045383
Feedback http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6742748/1/#new
Player Collections: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6767254/1/?x=0#post8110761

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Probably one of the most important is finding out new sets. I have never heard of 'Futera' before or 'Jersey Cards'. Thanks to the forum I have, and I know are quite rare!

Also valuations, I am really dopey at valuations and always scan your and check if it as the card I want and value.

I <3 FCF!

FCF UNITED!
Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
Its definitely made me a better collector. I wouldnt have gotten any of the rare cards I have if it wasnt for the forum. I think it made me want to finish the set because I can share that experience with other collectors then. It is definitely a community, you can talk to anyone and we all have our own opinions to share..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FCF! :)
Please view the thread of the Euro 2016 & Copa America Stickers I need and also my Euro 2016 & Copa America Sticker trades and PM me if you would like to trade!!!

ChelseaFan
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since I really just got used to the Forum Last Week. Not Really. But soon it Will.

blizzard
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
it's somewhere I go to get the latst news and to complete my collections be it new or old sets. and I guess help other's complete their collections as well :)
My Completed Trades
Cjchelsea, markmurrayuk, pnchocolates, Matchattaxmad, lily
JoelMangsa, MasterOfMatchAttax, lostdonkey, stevesmith, papagali
gokurasu73, tollyman, matchattaxfan4, gt6943, MIKADO0231
l1sboa, spurs.attax, hattersfan, CharlesHK, Rollcollector
longlongago_08, NeilB, marchingwizard, Pedrelx, dan5577
matchattaxfanatic, jayce101, DARBO

Bad Traders
Seb10

Zabolek
Signature Card
Same as above; it allowed to discover new sets and talk about them with nice and passionate people. :)
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

raz
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i no its not rite place to post it but was i one of the first people on the forum :)
manchester city for ever and tell me if you live near oldham :)

papagali
Masters Card
blizzard, i don t know how much you helped other members but with me you were incredible,hope to deal again soon.

to stay on topic, FCF was the first forum i could learn about cards, so thanks a lot!
My wishlist
My trade Gallery
My feedback

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
FCF has massively effected my collecting hobby. Before I found the forum I collected all the Shoot Out and first couple of MA series. I managed to find out about the LE's through a person I bought off on ebay but wasn't really aware of events etc.

By using the forum I have managed to complete many trades for my MA collections as well as learning about many other card collections that I might not normally have known about. Through finding out about new collections I have massively expanded my areas of collecting and even ventured into individual player collections, trying to find every card/sticker released worldwide for the players I have chosen.

Card collecting has now turned into my main hobby and I can put that down to FCF, knowing that anything I need to learn about collections released I can find right here. This is all down to the contributions made by the helpful members on here - without people posting information the forum wouldn't exist. I am in touch with some great, friendly people who all have the same passion for football and collecting as me and that makes the hobby even more enjoyable.

I think we should all be grateful to Tollyman for creating this fantastic place to talk and trade and to the other mods who put a lot of hard work into making the forum a success.

Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jamesalex
Member Avatar
"Giggity Giggity"
Before FCF I never would of completed a collection, living in Australia. But.. with trading on FCF I managed to complete 10/11.
Trades- Needs -Feedback

Trusted Traders: Feedback Thread

Arsenal Fan!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Jake8
Member Avatar
101 Card
this has made me want to collect cards more.
watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icm5HOZkM7E&feature=related

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
FCF has helped me more than I could imagine...

-I have completed sets that I thought I'd never see completed
-I have gathered a whole array of foreign cards which I once had no knowledge about
-With the help of the fantastic community, I am now able to keep one step ahead and I am able to know what to get and where to get it.
-I have managed to get a LOT of help via trading and helping to build up my sets
-I have saved money as well. Instead of forking out about 100 quid a year to complete the set, I can now just buy a box and a half and will be able to complete it from there.
-I am also more able to decide whether or not I should collect sets or not with help from those who already do.
-I do also take more care now with swaps. Whereas before they would be on big piles on my desk, they are now safely tucked away in binders.

:1356 2 FCF

Feedback & Trusted Traders
Trade list
Wishlist

Don't sack the manager, sack the players!

Posted Image

ho123wang
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Has what could have been the latest collecting 'fad' (quickly forgotten!) become a more longer term passion?
Do you feel part of a community at all or is this just a place to pop into get the latest info and dissapear again?
Are you spending more since being a member on your collecting than before you were a member?

-Yes, I can find cards that I want.
-Yes
-I feel part of a community at call
-yes..
-yeah~
-absolutely.
Trade List
Wishlist
Feedback

Trusted Trader: Sham, JRDuck, Maxi Taxi, gt6943, aussiegergy, Ashvin, palmerme1, Shuqiran, LucasYat, siege27, hotspurs95, Rollcollector, longlongago_08, spanish, joco, shauncheng1, Zabolek, thematchattax123, spurs.attax, grrooves, arsenal9001658, Val, matchattaxmasters22, watts27, xavi101

YNWA!

I am a Hong Kong trader :)

Posted Image

motorlux
Member Avatar
101 Card
Recently, I'm visiting this forum regularly, and really helped me to complete the collections, which are not sold in my country (SPAIN). with great people who ahy registered here.

As I think I could help others with my cards to them.

It's a great sharing community.

Thank you,
Posted Image

!!!!!SPAIN COLLECTOR!!!!

My Feedback
My Needs and Trade list

nc10999
Regular Card
[ * ]
great site!

Copa7
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I do not visit the site very often. Most of the discussions are about newer cards and it seems driven by certain sponsored companies.

I prefer to collect vintage cards and trade with collectors. Most of the new cards here I can buy for lower prices or get free on the internet. I like the history of older cards - not interested in the "gaming" of newer sets.

I think this site is good for youngsters (age 5 to 10)
Good traders:
Futbol_cards (USA)
Flea (Ireland)

siege27
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I visit this site almost daily and really helped me to complete my collections.
This is a great site.
Thank you.

Yes.
It's a long-term hobby.
I feel part of a community.
Yes, in some cases.
Sure no doubt. :D
Yes.
Edited by siege27, Jul 30 2011, 09:28 AM.
Wish list - http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6764109/1/#new
Trade list - http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6763923/1/#new
Feedback - http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6768040/1/#new

emyllis
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
I am one of those terrible lurkers as you can see by my amount of posts!
I read this site maybe 4 times a year, and when I tried to complete the survey, none of them applied, but I couldn't choose a "none of the above" option...

I enjoy reading about this but as I say, I only drop in very infrequently :)

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I ticked every single one except 2. When I am on this forum, I feel comfortable and feel like I am at home :)
Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

garystephens
Limited Edition
Similar to Copa7 in a way. The forum is mostly about Match Attax and there is little hope of completing the older collections I am trying to finish (1970's-1990's) because a lot of people on here simply weren't born.

However, there is no better resource for completing the newer series than this forum. I wouldn't have completed Adrenalyn BBVA 10/11 without the help of many people on here and getting all the limited editions would cost a heck of a lot of money without some great people to trade with along the way.

It's always brilliant when you can trade with people from lots of different countries and start to collect their local collections too. I don't know anywhere else where you could just as easily trade with people in Australia, Romania & Spain as you could with someone who only lives an hour away and still have a hassle free trade. This is where the forum is above and beyond the rest.

ryan100
Member Avatar
101 Card
FCF is a great card collecting website. I have completed Match Attax 10/11 thanks to FCF and it is a very helpful site. FCF is a great site and it is probably the site I most go on when i'm on the internet.
I hope FCF grows bigger (but not too big!) and has more kind and friendly members joining the site.

I feel very relaxed when I come on FCF because it is a very welcoming site and as I have said it has helped me complete sets through nice and kind members.

Thanks FCF :cheers
Edited by ryan100, Jul 30 2011, 03:21 PM.
Good Traders
Spoiler: click to toggle

Maxi Taxi
Masters Card
FCF.

If it wasn't for FCF. I would have no idea what Adrenalyn is. I had no idea what Match Attax Extra was.

I love FCF.

*Most visited site on my computer.

FCF is great!
I quit quite a while ago, I stop in on the forums from time to time.

Messi-FCB-Liverpool
Member Avatar
Masters Card
If I didnt know about FCF or it didint exist then well, my match attax hobbie would fade out every day maybe hour...but there is loads of stuff to talk about as i get the latest transfer new plus i wouldnt have made any fakes...plus trading is really getting along with me as i didnt collect the 09/10 extra binder but i am getting a great deal for it...so thanks tollyman...

I wouldnt have made new online friends if it wasnt for FCF

and same with Maxi Taxi this site is the mosrt viewed on my dads and my computer

the best friends i have made are:

JamieCullen98
Wingernumba7

Messi-FCB-Liverpool
Edited by Messi-FCB-Liverpool, Jul 31 2011, 08:30 PM.
They say that dreams are made of hopes. But reality is one match away. Don't stop believing. Europe awaits.
MASSIVE SELLING LIST

150 (Negotiable) For My 11,000+ Collection!!!

jamiecullen98
Member Avatar
Masters Card
well i make fakes aswell and i have 2 good friends and 1 of them we are going to meet up at a spt to talk about sets we could make

(Messi-FCB-Liverpool) (cardswapper1)

:D
Posted Image

Pricey JNR
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This forum has helped me hugely, it helped me to get the news about match attax first, and it's helped to meet great people and trade cards with them to help me complete my collections!
Great Traders:
Footymadwill(Will2k),Blandy33 x3,Cjchelsea, Jayce101 x2,LamboKeenie(MasterOfAdrenalyn) x2,Phild,PnChocolates,Tollyman,Pricey249( aka Pricey SNR), Swapit
NOTE: I DO NOT TRADE ABROAD(SORRY)[/colorFormer names: MatchAttaxCorey,MasterCoreyOfMatchAttax
AWARDS:
2010- Member Of The Year

Cescfan1
Member Avatar
Signature Card
FCF has helped me so much. I love it.
I probaly wouldnt be buying so many cards if I didn't know about it. We get news about new cards before anyone else and we have allot of members. I wouldnt know about fake match attax and I have got better at them. Everyone has there own opinion, and there are some great topics. Btw is it fcf birthday in November?
Arsenal 'til I die

My Feedback

Arev
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
FCF ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use the following list to view my feedback & ebay:

My Trade List - Click Here

My Wish List - Click Here

My Feedback - Click Here

Avoiding Ebay Scammers for Match Attax - (By Tollyman)

Card Swap Forum (inc Topps Match Attax & Panini Super Strikes) - By me - I'm Match Attax Man 15 - Click Here

Mini Groover
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well its also been a main factor of me making fakes!
Posted Image
Pure Adrenalyn!

SVERRETV123
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
I probaly wouldnt be buying so many cards if I didn't know about it. We get news about new cards before anyone else and we have allot of members.And there are some great topics!! :D :cheers ;) AND FAKES!!
Edited by SVERRETV123, Aug 4 2011, 04:05 PM.

Cescfan1
Member Avatar
Signature Card
SVERRETV123
Aug 4 2011, 04:04 PM
I probaly wouldnt be buying so many cards if I didn't know about it. We get news about new cards before anyone else and we have allot of members.And there are some great topics!! :D :cheers ;) AND FAKES!!
Why did you write pretty much what I said?
Arsenal 'til I die

My Feedback

booto67
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This is the best website on the internet
Posted Image In Arsene we trust!

cocacolaman75
Member Avatar
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
Cards...great!
Mental health.....terrible!

/Coke
My Tradelist

My Wishlist

My Feedback

Trusted traders: Linus, gt6943 x2, uta5644 x3, grrooves, NeilB.

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This forum has totally affected my card collecting.

I used to only be an amateur collector but now I am addicted to it, as in REALLY addicted to it.

I love all the threads and the fact that there is almost always a lot of users around, so there is always somebody to chat to.

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
just what i need to hold all my spare cards

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Jason has been banned, no need for handbags on here - sorry Catherine if you were interested!

Would be good if members could update the survey though.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Damn !!! .. what have i missed ?? has he got any manbags :sf4
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

kimmeh_d
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You guys crack me up! :clap

For Tollyman's feedback - this forum has been amazing for me. I've gotten to know so many awesome people through it, and got myself so many cards I didn't think I stood a chance of getting otherwise. I wasn't really interested in the Match Attax collection, Futera etc before I joined (in fact, I only collected Liverpool cards/stickers previously), but the enthusiasm on here is infectious - it was a bit of a passion before, now it's an obsession!

Wishlist, Feedback, Trade List
Thanks to all who have traded with me so far!
Main Player Collections: Luis Suarez, Jordan Henderson

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
kimmeh_d
Oct 31 2012, 07:56 PM
but the enthusiasm on here is infectious - it was a bit of a passion before, now it's an obsession!

Fantastic quote :clap
This perfectly describes me as well.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Tollyman
Oct 31 2012, 07:30 PM
Jason has been banned, no need for handbags on here - sorry Catherine if you were interested!

Would be good if members could update the survey though.
Hahaha! :rofl

Spent too much on cards this last month to be able to afford any more handbags! ;)
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply