Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Futera & FCF
Topic Started: Aug 10 2011, 01:07 PM (2,146 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thought you might all like to know that FCF is in contact with Futera FZ LLP with a view to working together to promote this forum.

Many options are being discussed which include but not limited to:

Link to FCF on official product websites
FCF News Story on main product/company website
Limited Edition Card (real or virtual) to be given away free to Football Cards Forum Membership
Exclusive pre-release information or Images
Prizes for forum competitions
Futera Marketing personnel to answer members questions or clarify rumours etc.
Discounts and promotions exclusive to members

While they may not provide all of this, I can say they are very positive about working with us and have assured us they should be able to provide much if not all of the above.

This looks very promising and is a welcome development, perhaps this will help us dispell the rumours that this forum is associated to Topps Europe Ltd. While we like to work closely with Topps and are happy with their involvement it is in no way an exclusive relationship and we are trying our hardest to involve all manufacturers.

Of course a big thank you to all our members for your contribution, it's only through your involvement with posts and info that the forum is so popular, this popularity is what made Futera want to deal with us. :1356

More news on our Futera relationship as it develops.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This is great!
Our forum is always going to be notice, maybe include in the 'Topps Match Attax & Panini Adrenalyn Xl' include Futera as well. I don't really care as I don't collect it. But this is great!
Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

blizzard
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
AWESOME !!!!
My Completed Trades
Cjchelsea, markmurrayuk, pnchocolates, Matchattaxmad, lily
JoelMangsa, MasterOfMatchAttax, lostdonkey, stevesmith, papagali
gokurasu73, tollyman, matchattaxfan4, gt6943, MIKADO0231
l1sboa, spurs.attax, hattersfan, CharlesHK, Rollcollector
longlongago_08, NeilB, marchingwizard, Pedrelx, dan5577
matchattaxfanatic, jayce101, DARBO

Bad Traders
Seb10

Damonado
Masters Card
COOL!!!
trusted traders Blandy33,Swapmaster97
bad seb10

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Love futera my favourite football card company great to hear this :D
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

Pricey JNR
Member Avatar
Masters Card
That is very good!
Great Traders:
Footymadwill(Will2k),Blandy33 x3,Cjchelsea, Jayce101 x2,LamboKeenie(MasterOfAdrenalyn) x2,Phild,PnChocolates,Tollyman,Pricey249( aka Pricey SNR), Swapit
NOTE: I DO NOT TRADE ABROAD(SORRY)[/colorFormer names: MatchAttaxCorey,MasterCoreyOfMatchAttax
AWARDS:
2010- Member Of The Year

flash1313
Regular Card
[ * ]
This would be huge. Thanks for all your hard work.

lmccagh
Luton 95
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Futera seem dodgy to me
Ask them about the legitimate ness of their autos and jersey

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
lmccagh
Aug 12 2011, 10:32 PM
Futera seem dodgy to me
What makes you say that?

Be carefull what you say though, recent events show you can't say anything you want on the internet.

Do you have any proof if you're accusing futera of selling fakes?

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've grown very skeptical of Futera's autographed cards as well.

Below are samples of Tim Howard autographs certified by Upper Deck and Topps respectively. You can tell these two are from the same hand and I'm sure if one were to ask an Everton/USA fan familiar with Howard's signature, these would be deemed as authentic.

Posted ImagePosted Image

-----------

Now here are two Futera examples. Clearly these look like bad fakes, definitely not the same as the authentic samples from above.

It would be good though if some Futera representatives do come on the forum to respond about authenticity issues with some proof pics of signing sessions and such as the reputable card companies do, Panini, Topps, Upper Deck, etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Futbol_Cards, Aug 13 2011, 05:27 AM.

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This is great news and any info on future releases from futera would be very welcome
To add to the debate about the sigs
I too have been very sceptical about the originality of the auto cards
but on the flipside if the topps and upper deck are done at sit down sessions whereas the futera I believe are not then the sigs are going to differ
but the pictures that you have shown are extremely different and confirmation would be good

garystephens
Limited Edition
It's good to hear about the possible link with Futera. If something similar could be done with Upper Deck or Panini and the ties with Topps strengthened, that can only be fantastic for the forum.

Regarding the autographs, it's a difficult one. There will always be small differences but those ones do seem to be wildly different. I can't believe that Futera would be able to sell such blatant fakes for so long without anyone in a position to do something about it noticing. Futera have a good reputation and I just can't picture it. However, it would be nice if they could explain the process because clearly those pictures raise some eyebrows.

All in all, great company with some great cards and really hope that a link can be established. For football stickers Panini are the kings, but for football cards you don't really get better than Futera!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Google 'Tim Howard Autograph' and look at the images.

most are more like the Futera ones than the other 2.

To be honest non look the same at all!! So either they are nearly all fakes or he's a bit slap dashed with his Autographs!!

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
This is great news!

Re: the autos. I've met Howard and got his autograph on a card and it looks a cross between the topps and futera ones so.. Your signature can change depending on how fast you write it, how much you're concentrating and the surface you sign.
Please view the thread of the Euro 2016 & Copa America Stickers I need and also my Euro 2016 & Copa America Sticker trades and PM me if you would like to trade!!!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
NIAMHUSLFC07
Aug 14 2011, 12:12 PM
This is great news!

Re: the autos. I've met Howard and got his autograph on a card and it looks a cross between the topps and futera ones so.. Your signature can change depending on how fast you write it, how much you're concentrating and the surface you sign.
great to hear from someone who knows they have a genuine signature.

While we can never be 100% sure it does show that they are more than likely to be Genuine and Tim Howard indeed does not have a single style of autograph!

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
Actually all peoples autos can look strange.. :wink Just look at mine:
Mikael
Maikel
Mikel
Mikaela(who wrote that)
Miktroll
TRollolloll :1356

But anyway, Futera cant release pictures of players signing becuase Futera havent seen it!

Futera buys Autos and Jerseys from a 3th Company.

1st(Player):Signs auto to 3th(company)
3th(Company):Receives auto from player,sells it to Futera.
2nd(Futera):Receives from 3th(company),then makes cards and sells them.
YOURE MUM GAY

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
I'm still convinced the Futera Howard's are fake.

I'll ask around fro some more opinions though.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Futbol_Cards
Aug 15 2011, 05:03 AM
I'm still convinced the Futera Howard's are fake.

I'll ask around fro some more opinions though.
A few pictures of cards being signed on their website would help I suppose.

TheManOfMatchAttax
Member Avatar
100 Club
This is great!
Posted Image
Bananas in Custard

Maxi Taxi
Masters Card
Hopefully we can get an exclusive card only available to FCF members for free.

Now that would be EPIC!!
I quit quite a while ago, I stop in on the forums from time to time.

Futeraliverpool
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
On the legitimacy of Futera autographs - I've seen these arguments crop up several times on different threads. The best thing Futera could do would be open and transparent about the processes by which they obtain their autos - I know a number of collectors have tried to contact them on exactly this point and have had no joy.

It is very difficult to determine the authenticity of autos by comparing them with other examples. Most players have short and long form signatures - Howard himself is a good example.

It would be great if a potential relationship with Futera could help answer questions such as these being raised - it would benefit all parties!

lmccagh
Luton 95
Tollyman
Aug 13 2011, 01:30 AM
lmccagh
Futera seem dodgy to me
What makes you say that?

Be carefull what you say though, recent events show you can't say anything you want on the internet.

Hang on mate
I'm not accusing them of anything
I'm just saying they show no proof of their autos at all
And aren't really that big a company
As you can see many people share my opinion. Aswell

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
lmccagh
Aug 15 2011, 10:43 PM
Tollyman
lmccagh
Futera seem dodgy to me
What makes you say that?

Hang on mate
And I'm not saying you ARE accusing them, I said IF you are.

Of course by saying they seem dodgey you are doubting their integrity and therefore you really should back this up yourself not rely on others to do it for you.

If I said you seemed to be a dodgy member of the forum and left it at that, would you be pleased? You could expect members to stop or be wary of trading with you despite me offering up no evidence as to my statement.

So as I said before, be careful what you say on a public forum.

However as I posted previousley it would help if they posted pictures of card signings to give their collectors peice of mind, so we agree on that at least! ;)

lmccagh
Luton 95
Tollyman
Aug 15 2011, 11:23 PM
lmccagh
Aug 15 2011, 10:43 PM
Tollyman
lmccagh
Futera seem dodgy to me
What makes you say that?

Hang on mate
And I'm not saying you ARE accusing them, I said IF you are.

Of course by saying they seem dodgey you are doubting their integrity and therefore you really should back this up yourself not rely on others to do it for you.

If I said you seemed to be a dodgy member of the forum and left it at that, would you be pleased? You could expect members to stop or be wary of trading with you despite me offering up no evidence as to my statement.

So as I said before, be careful what you say on a public forum.

However as I posted previousley it would help if they posted pictures of card signings to give their collectors peice of mind, so we agree on that at least! ;)
Exactly
But you calling me dodgy would have no basis because I'm clearly not
Futera on the other hand
Don't really help themselves
But I'm sure it's all real

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
There are some futera autos like the futera autos lambokeenie showed us before which were unreleased and they are most definitly fakes but they were UNRELEASED so not futeras fault people got the cards and signed them themselves but as to the others i have no doubts they are real, they would be serious consequences to futera if they faked them and wouldn't be worth doing, just my opinion on it

Futeraliverpool
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Again - people have to be careful when they brandish around statements like the unreleased autos are "most definitely fake". Whilst I agree with you that SOME of the unreleased autos probably are fake, others are definitely real - I have seen pictures of these being signed by the respective players from the person originally commissioned to obtain them.

One of the most unfortunate consequences of fake autos is that it diminishes the value of those genuinely obtained.

Fingers crossed Futera will explain the autograph procedures and put to bed conversations like these.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Futeraliverpool
Aug 16 2011, 11:59 AM
Again - people have to be careful when they brandish around statements like the unreleased autos are "most definitely fake". Whilst I agree with you that SOME of the unreleased autos probably are fake, others are definitely real - I have seen pictures of these being signed by the respective players from the person originally commissioned to obtain them.

One of the most unfortunate consequences of fake autos is that it diminishes the value of those genuinely obtained.

Fingers crossed Futera will explain the autograph procedures and put to bed conversations like these.
Futera do not get signed cards and then not release them, unreleased autos are cards which are printed but do not have an autograph on them and those are fakes if they end up being signed, im a big fan of futera love the cards so dont throw me in with those trying to dishonour them i dont tell rubbish which is not true

Futeraliverpool
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Portlaw - I am trying to do nothing of the sort - all I was seeking to do was clarify the point. I take your argument that these are not "official" Futera autos and as such do not have the Futera seal of approval in terms of authenticating the auto, but my point was simply that you need to distinguish between (a) those unissued autos that were signed for Futera (by the person commissioned to obtain them) and subsequently not released (it is these that I have seen signing pictures for) and (b) those that were sold into the market unsigned and subsequently signed by other "collectors" - some of which may be real and some may be fake. My subsequent point was that it is now very difficult to distinguish between these two categories in the resale market (i.e. eBay) and this will unfortunately be reflected in the prices that the cards sell for.

I too am not trying to discredit Futera in my comments below - I have lots of Futera cards including autos - but it is frustrating that they are not more transparent. They should be providing answers to questions raised by genuine collectors who spend their hard-earned cash on these cards!

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Futeraliverpool
Aug 16 2011, 01:41 PM
Portlaw - I am trying to do nothing of the sort - all I was seeking to do was clarify the point. I take your argument that these are not "official" Futera autos and as such do not have the Futera seal of approval in terms of authenticating the auto, but my point was simply that you need to distinguish between (a) those unissued autos that were signed for Futera (by the person commissioned to obtain them) and subsequently not released (it is these that I have seen signing pictures for) and (b) those that were sold into the market unsigned and subsequently signed by other "collectors" - some of which may be real and some may be fake. My subsequent point was that it is now very difficult to distinguish between these two categories in the resale market (i.e. eBay) and this will unfortunately be reflected in the prices that the cards sell for.

I too am not trying to discredit Futera in my comments below - I have lots of Futera cards including autos - but it is frustrating that they are not more transparent. They should be providing answers to questions raised by genuine collectors who spend their hard-earned cash on these cards!
I understand what you mean and i myself have only seen one set that are unreleased and these are shown with selling prices of a couple dollars but my words to the douibters is if futera made fakes (which i am saying the DONT) they would make heaps of ronaldos or messis which they dont im not to sure but was there even a messi auto in the 2011 set? Futera would make those saught after autos more plentiful if they made fakes which they dont.

As to the howard auto not every player is going to sign the same if tyou look at the first to autos they are from quite a few years baack as to the release of the futera one, maybe his auto has changed since back then? as tollyman says most on google images are of the futera one

ben9011
Member Avatar
Signature Card
wow loads of writing there but as for the auto's a company like futera would'nt fake auto's as that would ruin
there whole buisness
Edited by ben9011, Aug 16 2011, 04:00 PM.
LFC 4 Eva
His armband proved he was a red suarez, suarez you'll never walk alone it said suarez,suarez he bought his band from from a lad in spain tall and blonde forgot his name luiz suarez liverpool's number 7
Xbox Live: oPeX QuAnTaM
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Futera have read this thread. I hope you all have good lawyers!!!

Just joking!! :D

They will see what they can do to allay peoples concerns, watch this space....................!!!

lmccagh
Luton 95
Tollyman
Aug 17 2011, 02:12 PM

They will see what they can do to allay peoples concerns, watch this space....................!!!
brilliant
i have 3 jersey cards of futera
so i hope we can get some good news

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Cant wait to hear from them my all time favourite football card is my saha fulham crest patch from the 07 set :D

Futeraliverpool
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds great - looking forward to hearing the clarifications

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
Tollyman
Aug 17 2011, 02:12 PM

Should be interesting what they have to say.

Some of their previous attempts to prove authenticity have been laughable.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Tollyman
Aug 14 2011, 09:58 AM
Google 'Tim Howard Autograph' and look at the images.

most are more like the Futera ones than the other 2.

To be honest non look the same at all!! So either they are nearly all fakes or he's a bit slap dashed with his Autographs!!
...Google when there are so many fakes out there? Really?

Big problem with Futera is that many people see how well-regarded they are, then fake their own autograph cards and forge the autographs on them. Not the fault of Futera.
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
what would be really good is if they could explain their distribution a bit more clearly and their price structure
on their website you can buy boxes and packs but it is unclear how many cards are in a pack and how many packs in a box
also if you try to buy a pack direct from them it costs around $75
yet you can buy unopened packs off ebay for as little as $25
so does this mean that the sellers are making a loss (highly unlikely) or is there a different outlet or are these ebay packs not 100% unopened (eg open pack, remove good card, reseal as best as possible)

hopefully they can unclear the fog for me

ramonewiz
Regular Card
[ * ]
Gr8 news about futera and yes, hopefully they'll use this as an opportunity to do some positive promo.

on the Tim Howard auto's, I have a few I got myself from him when he was at United and they are the same as the first 2. not sure if he's changed his auto since tho - r the other 2 more recent cards?

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ramonewiz
Aug 25 2011, 07:23 PM
Gr8 news about futera and yes, hopefully they'll use this as an opportunity to do some positive promo.

on the Tim Howard auto's, I have a few I got myself from him when he was at United and they are the same as the first 2. not sure if he's changed his auto since tho - r the other 2 more recent cards?
All I'd say nowadays is his autograph has got shorter - it's now a TH---d but it retains the features of his United ones and never get as messy as the ones listed here. My experiences with him say that if he's too rushed to sign, he won't.
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

Tsubasa
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great News!!!!
:cheers
Feedback

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply