Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What do you think of the new binder design
Much better than the old one. 8 (7.4%)
A bit better than last years 9 (8.3%)
Not fussed no better or worse 11 (10.2%)
Not as good as previous binder designs 16 (14.8%)
Awful should never have changed 64 (59.3%)
Total Votes: 108
New Binder - Good, Bad or Ugly?
Topic Started: Oct 23 2011, 06:51 PM (2,913 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What do you think of the new binder.

Please post comment and vote on poll.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NeilB
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I love it, shame its cover is not a bit more durable (I have bought a fresh one for when I complete) but the concept is great, you can add extra pages and the info sheets are a nice addition.

I do get why some people hate it, especially those who play the game, but that doesnt really affect me.

It will go down in history as the marmite binder!!
All 25 Merlin/Topps PL sticker collections..complete:)
Proud owner of all 20 topps total football 2009 signed stickers, 41 UCL adrenalyn 11/12 Limiteds and the complete UCL 12/13 with update edition including all 63 limiteds, 5 scandi stars and 5 dansk mesters!

Trusted Traders: gt6943 x5, crystalpalacefc2000, nickm, taylor1248 x2, unitedkids, maxitaxi, dm14, jayce101 x4, vorronin x4, rollcollector, charleshk, blizzard, cocacolaman75, fozzy1999, Tankerton1, alanaman, monkey76, Darbo x2, fiestaboyke, harrick, bibster, pholla65, EthanB reds, gabormadrid, robjones1973

Don't trust: marhiro

My feedback

My Tradelist

My Wishlist

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
Good idea, very poorly made though. Flimsy cover with the annoying flaps on the side along with the inevitability of the cards being damaged makes this album terrible.

Feedback & Trusted Traders
Trade list
Wishlist

Don't sack the manager, sack the players!

Posted Image

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I hate it, its a very annoying binder. Lucky I have a few spare NORMAL binders, so I just put them in there.
Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

llpalm08
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I like it but it needs to be redesigned so that the pages are about 1cm furter away from the spine so they turn pages easier.
Wishlist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6734488/1/?x=0#post8045383
Feedback http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6742748/1/#new
Player Collections: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6767254/1/?x=0#post8110761

blizzard
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice artwork and all that, but terrible as a DIY binder, at least they could have put in instructions somewhere !
My Completed Trades
Cjchelsea, markmurrayuk, pnchocolates, Matchattaxmad, lily
JoelMangsa, MasterOfMatchAttax, lostdonkey, stevesmith, papagali
gokurasu73, tollyman, matchattaxfan4, gt6943, MIKADO0231
l1sboa, spurs.attax, hattersfan, CharlesHK, Rollcollector
longlongago_08, NeilB, marchingwizard, Pedrelx, dan5577
matchattaxfanatic, jayce101, DARBO

Bad Traders
Seb10

Mr.SpongeMan
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Really nice design but, yeah hard to assemble - but when I finally managed to assemble it, I found out it was hard to turn pages - so instead decided to make my own based on the concept Topps made :)
Posted Image

Tradelist - My Final Needs - Feedback
Good traders list are on feedback page :)

Afc4life
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks good but annoying to have to make it
Trade List http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6840005/1/#new

THFCandy
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bloody awful - smacks of being cheap and cheerful - my only criticism of the previous binders were the lack of expandability, which this one does solve, but overall the quality of the previous binders was much better.

Andy

Maxi Taxi
Masters Card
NeilB
Oct 23 2011, 08:00 PM
I love it, shame its cover is not a bit more durable (I have bought a fresh one for when I complete) but the concept is great, you can add extra pages and the info sheets are a nice addition.

I do get why some people hate it, especially those who play the game, but that doesnt really affect me.

It will go down in history as the marmite binder!!
Totally agree

If you customize it, it's awesome
I quit quite a while ago, I stop in on the forums from time to time.

elliegriff
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While I haven't actually had it yet, from what I know, I love that everything is bundled in one and connected so you can just carry that one "storage device".
My Wishlist My Tradelist
My Youtube Feedback/Trusted Traders

spursdave
spursdave
Had the album been a ring binder then topps may have pulled this one off.
The inserts are colourful and glossy and I can imagine younger collectors' really liking this.
I personally think that the old album was better and hope Topps can think of a hyrid binder
that takes in the benefits of the old album plus the new one.
http://bluntshallbooksandtradingcards.webplus.net/index.html

Zabolek
Signature Card
Same as NeilB here. I'm not too fussed about the whole DIY thing, it's just a pity the cover can be bent, creased, etc. very easily. It would be way better if the material was quality, or at least more resistant.
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

goldblader13
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i think its a good idea but needs to be improved in extra
(maybe a more durable cover, maybe a ring binder instead of that rubbish plastic fastening)
Edited by goldblader13, Oct 24 2011, 01:01 PM.

the silver fox
100 Club
Not as good as last year. Can't turn the pages without damaging the cards.
As some others have stated, would have been better as a ring binder (preferably 3 or 4 ring binder).
Overall prefer the previous year's binder.

swapit
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think it's good.It would be better if you could buy extra sheets from topps.also it would be nice if the extra cards are mention to go in the same binder and when extra comes out they just sell within the binder:
Cards
New checklist sheets
New card sheets
And they are suppose to go in the normal binder
Wish List
Trade List
Feedback
Trades on FCF-84
waiting to get cards from-0 people
waitng for ... people to get their cards-0 people

Arsenal FC

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The binder is awful.... if you were to spill a drink on it it would become a soggy pulp,if you fill it with cards then when you turn the pages the cards nearest the spine will get bent as you go further through the binder..... but the new stats sheets are great..... a ready made binder like previous years but with the stats sheets fixed in in the right place would be great.

I hope this thread will be shown to Topps Tollyman and then something might actually get done about it.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

Koda
Masters Card
Have to agree with GT, being the clumsy person I am It is more than likely I will spill a drink on this binder, which is why i never can have my binder to look through when im having a drink, last year I could as it had a plastic cover!

Cunzy_Kid
Member Avatar
Hundred Club
blizzard
Oct 24 2011, 01:12 AM
Nice artwork and all that, but terrible as a DIY binder, at least they could have put in instructions somewhere !
Agreed
Football enthusiast

heycallumj
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
It's okay but it needs some work.
trusted traders: Watts27X2 GT6943X2
Posted Image

andymac
Member Avatar
100 Club
I think it is ugly.
My feedback
Trusted traders: lambokeenie,pnchocolates,tollyman,Rob PBS,Cjchelsea,cannon,Arsenal2000

monkeytennis
Regular Card
[ * ]
Edit: Please watch language
Edited by paradogs77, Nov 14 2011, 09:26 PM.

Maxi Taxi
Masters Card
Language Mate!

I got it, it seems good.

Should be 2 ring though
Edited by Maxi Taxi, Nov 14 2011, 08:48 PM.
I quit quite a while ago, I stop in on the forums from time to time.

Koda
Masters Card
In regards to that language putting * in dosen't make it any better, as we all still know what it is, don't do it again mate

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Koda
Nov 14 2011, 09:06 PM
In regards to that language putting * in dosen't make it any better, as we all still know what it is, don't do it again mate
The website puts the stars in!
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

Matchattaxmad
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
the concept is great as the binder is never ending, so you can just add teams and carsd ie you just add more inserts for your card colelction

The main issue is the inserts pages with the 9 card holders either side are made from very thin plastic which is very flimsy go back 5-10 years when you could buy more durable card inserts, which would cost more per page than the ones topps gets made/done for this years binder.

You can see this when you compare the binders from shoot out / panini and then topps. In order to cut costs the binders become lighter and more flimsy which results in the cards getting damaged. It may be a good idea that topps launch a better quality binder that can only be bought from they website and a call it a limited edition collectors binder!!!! etc.

Some good feedback for topps to chew over, ps used one of these new binders to put a spare set of cards in what a nightmare they cards just fall out. Gone back to the good old fashioned binders off last year etc etc

can topps do a pdf of the binder covers and checklist so i can put them in last years binder, currently using the play pitch that was given away at the match attax lunch event, gillotenin in 2 and printer lists on the inside cover
Edited by Matchattaxmad, Nov 14 2011, 11:01 PM.
wish list cards signed ma12 19/520 3% ma champ 200/293 70% ma11 262/472 55% ma10 249/471 50% Ma10 ex 49/167 = 29% Ma09 157/451= 37% Ma09 ex60/170=35% Ma08 120/450 =26% Ma08 ex 16/162 =9.8% Ma07 72 =16% Ma07 ex / % pchamp 07 37/288 =12.8% S06 131/360=36% SO06ex 17/72 =23% S05 52/360 =14.4% SO5ex 4/60 = 6.6% S04 27/360 = 7.5% S03 19/360 = 5.2% P world cup 2010 6 = 1.7% T/signed=1400+

Koda
Masters Card
Tollyman
Nov 14 2011, 09:49 PM
Koda
Nov 14 2011, 09:06 PM
The website puts the stars in!
Tbe stars looks good on like competitions e.g ***winners announced*** but not when someone is saying rude words

alanaman
Limited Edition
I really do NOT like the new binder, the only good thing is that you can add more sheets easily. I do this anyway with the other binders by removing pages from spare binders and taping them right in at the joins to the new binder.
The cover is far too flimsy, they should at least have laminated it. Will not stand the test of time so might be a good idea to get a new one and keep it unopened in case you want to sell your collection in years to come. Just put them in the new binder and youve got a mint one.
It would be a good idea as in the previous post to include the extras in the same album, should have been like that from the start anyway.
I have all the binders from 07 08 through to present and the new one sticks out like a sore thumb when displayed with the others on a shelf.
Topps just simply need to consider how many different cards they are going to produce for that season and know that there will be people who will want them all. They then need to put the required amount of pages in and there will be no need to add any more. The world cup one was the worst, by the time id added tesco ledgends, the full set of not released in the UKs, all limited editions, picture variations I had added about 6 new pages to the book.
BRING BACK THE OLD BINDER, JUST PUT ENOUGH PAGES IN IT.

wijit
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great in theory, lousy in practise.
Somebody sat there, in a meeting and said " we could save X by making it thinner, losing the pvc and making the punters do the build themselves". Well, Topps, find that man and have him shot.

ChelseaFan
Signature Card
The most awful binder ever! Overall, the cheapest pathetic binder ever!

Topps have gone big time cheap. And this so called "Do it Yourself Binder" saves Topps tons of money.

Just use a 3 ring binder and put some pages in it, along with the cards.

Or use one from last year. Plain and simple!

One day Topps are going to go so cheap there will be no tin or binder.

lrulesok
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think this binder is genius with extra pages =]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lrulesok?feature=mhum
is my youtube channal

knights98
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't got the binder yet as starter packs are just about to be released in Australia but I wanted to offer something. In australia we have two series' of rugby league cards released each year. One is a lower class, lower priced set designed for kids and average collectors to collect and there is also a premium set priced higher but including beter quality cards and lots of signatures.

Both of these sets are released with quality binders that have leather on the outside. This is on top of a very hardcover to make sure the cards are safe. Pages can then be inserted via the rings inside the binder and can be bought from the local newsagent for 50 cents. There is also a zip all the way round so checklists can be kept inside the binder.
While improvements are needed in Australia with these cards the binders are well made and highly reliable and so a similar one should be adopted by topps. The only concern I have for using this binder with match attax is that the binder costs with 2 packs of cards (rrp.2.99) $20 and as Match attax is currently a very cheap collection they may not want quality if it means a high $$$$.
Hope this helps!
My wishlist Updated 18/2
[url=[url]http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6851547/1/]

Feedback!
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6758606/1/?results=406443&pg=1

Trade list updated 17/1
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6768564/1/#new

Trusted Traders: Maxi Taxi x3, Jamesalex x3, 44gwilson, Mattybomb22, TheMakerOfMatchAttax, Aussiergy x3, Matchattaxfanatic, pnchocolates, pjson37

Please check out my trade/wish lists! Thanks!

FRobertson8
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the last years one and they need to put more folders

Peterorange
i-card
[ *  * ]
As others have said, its just reeks of cost-cutting and cheapness. Topps must be struggling, reducing the number of cards per pack too. That or they are just plain greedy. Either way it ain't pretty...like the binder.

My son is doesn't seem to care too much though...I guess they are happy fleecing kids.

booto67
Member Avatar
Masters Card
i hate the new binder mines pegs hae snapped and the cardboard is ript!
Posted Image In Arsene we trust!

jamesalex
Member Avatar
"Giggity Giggity"
What I really don't like is the new play pitch. Connected to your whole binder and collecter guide!? Got the starter pack for Christmas yesterday, assembled it, but then decided just to use one of my 10/11 binders..
Trades- Needs -Feedback

Trusted Traders: Feedback Thread

Arsenal Fan!

Spoiler: click to toggle

ChelseaFan
Signature Card
jamesalex
Dec 25 2011, 09:34 PM
But then decided just to use one of my 10/11 binders...
That's the way to go! :P

marylewitmendes
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Terrible!

The binder had to be put together and i took ages to work out how.
It's really hard to turn the pages becuase the folds are bad.
It's so big it's really hard to hold and carry around.
The playing pitch is awful. It doesn't have any slots and the cards just fall off.
Plus tye opposition can see the cards you're not using if they look carefull at the binder.
Hi, i'm marylewitmendes

Ryan Giggs is a legend!!!!!!!!

Trusted Traders: jamesalex, 44gwilson, elliegriff

arsenal9001658
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
i like this binder better coz when u drop the old binder it just cracks and the new binder doesn't
but the new binder when i made mine half the pages were in upside down :)

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6867620/1/?x=90[/url]

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6867416/1/?x=90[/bgcolor][/border]

a true legend

appleman
i-card
[ *  * ]
I like the binder because you have control how to organize it, but the quality of the binder is poor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 11/12 · Next Topic »
Add Reply