Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Football Champions
Topic Started: Nov 3 2011, 06:22 AM (81,314 Views)
jeanmarie
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hello everyone !
i hope that football champions is not dead !!
:help
can someone post pictures of promo cards like Zola, Brian Deane and Jermaine Wright (they exist ?) season 01/02 ?
same for italian season 02/03, who is number 9 between Rivaldo and Ermerson ? any picture are welcome !
well, its a great soccer game !!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hello
missing number 9 between Rivaldo and Emerson, 11 its Vieri.
Posted Image

jeanmarie
Signature Card
in 5 years of searching on ebay i only saw Zidane (at Juve, seller asked 200 euros, noboby bid, remember about 200 people following) and the action card "Cambia Passo" of beta cards...actually selling !
any info about them maybe useful (pictures also) !!
From this seller last week, Ronaldinho promo (210pt) at 140 euros, Ronaldinho non foil promo at 70 euros, crazy crazy !!
i've bidden on CissÚ promo (was missing),
these are really really extreme rare !
Marco thanks for your promos !

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hey Andrew !
finally the action card in sell is exactly same design as Zidane ! (i asked more pictures from this seller, at least its always possible to print it)
also do you saw a big sell last summer (around 300 GBP), with lots of promo, like 11 Ruud Van Nistelrooy (didn't know it exists at this time, now i have thanks to Mattia!) ?

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hi Mattia
i don't know about any "pre-release" in english set,
yes i remember about the 6 betas you showed me, i wasn't aware that it exists so much...
do you have more pictures from the ex-wizard or a list ?
Well football champions still is surprising!!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
List for promo cards i'm aware of :
English set 01/02 :
Brian Deane, Gianfranco Zola, Ian Harte, Jermaine Wright, Juan Veron (non-foil), Les Ferdinand, Mark Kinsella, Gunnar Solskjaer, Michael Ricketts, Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

French set 01/02 :
Dagui Bakari, Djibrill Cisse, Eric Carriere (pre-release), Frank Leboeuf, Olivier Monterrubio, Ronaldinho (210pt), Ronaldinho (non-foil), Shabani Nonda, Sonny Anderson, Stephane Pedron.

Italian set 01/02 :
Alessandro Del Piero, Christian Manfredini (pre-release), Damiano Tommasi, Demetrio Albertini, Eriberto, Fabio Cannavaro, Hernan Crespo, Hidetoshi Nakata (1 Defender/ 1 Midfield), Luigi Di Biagio, Martin Laursen, Ronaldo (non-foil ?)
Adidas : Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Javier Zanetti, Sergio Conceicao, Manuel Rui Costa, Damiano Zenoni, Roberto Baronio. (Zenoni and Baronio sold this summer on ebay). :crying

Italian set 02/03 :
Massimo Ambrosini(1), Jaap Stam(2), Cristiano Doni(3), Gianluigi Buffon(4), Roberto Baggio(5), Marcelo Salas(6), Vincenzo Montella(7), Rivaldo(8), none(9?), Emerson(10), Christian Vieri(11)
Yoga : Alessandro Del Piero(1), Filipo Inzaghi(2), Gattuso(3), Mark Iuliano(4), Christian Panucci(5), Massimo Carrera(6), Luciano Zauri(7), Leonardo Coluci(8), Giuseppe Signori(9), Lorenzo D'Anna(10), Nicola Legrottaglie(11), Oliveira(12), Stephane Dalmat(13), Mohammed Kallon(14), Domenico Morfeo(15), Matteo Brighi(16), Antonio Chimenti(17), Ciro Ferrara(18), Massimo Ambrosini(19), Jon Dahl Tomasson(20), Aimo Diana(21), Sebastian Frey(22), Alberto Gilardino(23), Luca Mezzano(24).

Italian set 03/04 :
Gianluigi Buffon(L1), Cristian Chivu(L2), Filipo Inzaghi(L3), Sinisa Mihajlovic(L4), Alessandro Nesta(L5), Christian Vieri(L6)
Emerson(W1), Pavel Nedved(W2), Walter Samuel(W3), Andrij Shevchenko(W4), Gianluca Zambrotta(W5), Javier Zanetti(W6)
Giuseppe Signori(G1), Antonio Di Natale(G2), Andy Van Der Meyde(G3), Angelo Peruzzi(G4), Gennaro Gattuso(G5), Antonio Cassano(G6)
Adidas : Alessandro Del Piero, more ?

Italian set 04/05 :
Obafemi Martins(L1), Pavel Nedved(L2), Rui Costa(L3), Dejan Stankovic(L4), Eugenio Corini(L5), Lilian Thuram(L6)
Francesco Totti(M1), Morgan De Sanctis(M2)
Gianluigi Buffon(P1), Francesco Totti(P2)
David Trezeguet(W1), Andriy Shevchenko(W2), Adriano(W3)

taken years to find some (03/04 Guerin Sportivo for example)!!
any new info about these are welcome !!
:clap

jeanmarie
Signature Card
thanks Mattia,
was afraid i forget something, i have the promo Samuel pre release from 02/03, n░ 12 !
For Guerin Sportivo its very rare (maybe our seller on ebay will post it?) , for Trezeguet 04/05 you can have at "LPP Collecting".

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Andrew,
i've started collecting french cards at start, but completely forget about it for several years (maybe through them away as i married...)
but one day (maybe 2007) i remember them...so via internet i find one shop at Paris (UltraJeux), still selling french starters and boosters (1 euro each). i didn't know about the value and rarety at this time, so i buyed a lot (3 boxes of french cards!!). As usual the collection was not complete (missing Zidane for example).
I discovered the english and italian collection, as well as other years,
mainly : Muscara, LPP Collecting and bests cardgame-club and ebay (.fr, .uk, .it...)
take lot of time to complete all collections,
i was surprise about the value of the promo at ebay (Lafumeteria), 20 euros, 30 euros for a card !!
finally now i regret for some that i cannot find today (Zola promo was expansive (30 euros) but when you missed it you cannot find for years or never...)
From Muscara i've got a great deal of promo (a lot that were sold from your seller on ebay), i just missing Ronaldinho at 210 pts, but 140 euros was really not possible for this card i think.(even today).
Story is not finished as Mattia told us that there is so many Beta cards...(even there are not interesting for playing as not compatible with the others).
i really don't understand why they stop it (sure all starters the same is a shame), Panini not the same...(Adrenalyn if you know)
Football champions as still many followers, who can spend a lot on it !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Andrew, i'm really agree with you !!
in fact i'm also interested by MLB Showdown (only 2000 edition, i like the design, 2001 could be interesting, others i don't like) due to site like Attic Insulation (but i know little about Baseball, i tried it, was interesting but the 20dice its very hazardous!!).
i'm a great fan of NBA Showdown 2002 discovered less than 2 years ago,

for football champions see link :
http://www.dino.co.uk/work/games/wizards_cards/index.html
that could surprise you !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
here some example of my homemade cards,
Posted Image
Carsten Ramelow - Leverkusen
Posted Image
Michael Ballack - Leverkusen, in 2001-02 he was a great scorer, before going to a defensive midfield !
Posted Image
the best defender in 2001/02 : Roberto Ayala - Valencia
Posted Image
the greatest player in 2001/02 : Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid (some of my homemade cards have a vertical bandage, depending of the card) !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hello, still hopes that some people coming here !
for Sitheking, very difficult to find promo cards, but you can go to "http://www.cardgame-club.it" . good luck
do someone know about a promo card of Graeme LeSaux 01/02? and any picture welcome !!
any news on beta cards ?
let's keep it alive !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hi, yes at 30 euros each cards, mean 4500 euros this set of 150 cards...pfeuuu.
ok, i think its a beta collection, something of pre-production, hold only by wizards employees as Matty_23 said earlier,
so afraid there are lot of cards italian, French, UK that were not printed (at least not commercial), but only for testing.
the points and caracteristics are a little different (lower), not very useful with the normal cards.
but for collectors...
i will not buy these cards at 30 euros each, but i was happy to discover them !!
Football Champions still ALIVE !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
no bid at 30 euros for these cards. i'm trying to have more information about them.

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hello Sitheking, good questions !!
n░1, i will say :
best goalkeeper : Barthez or Buffon (Buffon maybe because he's foil)
best defender : Alessandro Nesta
best midfield : Roy Keane (he's everywhere)
best forward : incredible Hernan Crespo (promo) he's unstoppable !!
best for collection : Zidane from pour le Titre (very difficult to find)
n░2 : Ronaldinho promo at 210 pts !!
and you ?

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hello !
i have already complete my collections, but only searching for Ronaldinho, Ricketts, Brian Deane (all promos), not really interested for swaps, as River said there was a football champions group, but i can't find it now. boardgamegeek is a great source of pictures. football champions still alive !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
My Webpage

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
that's better, posting pictures should be simplier...tinypic is very good thanks.
this is a picture of a great sold last year on ebay, around 300 GPB for lots of promos and some normal cards. i saw it when it was finished...
11 Ruud Van Nistelrooy...
Ronaldo at 210 pts, french promos, Italian Promos (adidas never saw before), these UK promos...
i'm searching for Ricketts on this picture !

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
following (same auction on ebay)
Baronio and Zenoni Adidas, these are ultra collectible...never saw before.

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
Ronaldo foil (left) and Ronaldo promo (non-foil)...

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
these are not mine but a picture i obtained from same seller as the Zidane Beta (if i remember correctly)
Left the foil, right the promo as Ronaldo and Ronaldinho only ultra collectible.
River, the promos on pictures are not mine but were on an incredible auction i missed last year. i wish i have so many promo cards !!
let's say italian promos are easy to obtain (http://www.cardgame-club.it/) except some adidas almost never saw.
UK promos more difficult, i think we can only hope via ebay. as river said surely they were distributed on tournaments, normaly they should be free but they are so collectible...
For french promos again more difficult than UK ones.
goodluck !!
football champions is still alive !!!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
starter and french box, boosters, box almost impossible to find now!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
base french boosters (4 different kind) opened long ago...

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
all 4 kind of boosters from "Pour le Titre", french extension 2001/02.

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hello!
i use adrenalyn binders to store my collections. i remember to saw a "bag" writen "football champions". sometimes you can find adds from magazines (i'm not interested by this).

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
there is also these postcards from Italy (recto).
Posted Image
(verso).
Posted Image
zoom

jeanmarie
Signature Card
almost 2-3 years ago on ebay, its was cheap (don't remember the exact price). should be possible to find sometimes !

jeanmarie
Signature Card
40 GBP for Solsjkaer promo its ... :angry
it was sold 0.99 GBP at http://www.hacards.com/search.php/football_champions.php
i buyed years ago, there was around 10 to sell, ok now there all gone perhaps this seller take them all...
its a problem today, these cards going to be far too much expensive.

jeanmarie
Signature Card
time travel ?
if possible i'll go to 2001 (went to 2001?) me too !!
but patience is a virtue and sometimes someone selling his collection at good price. (as last year on ebay) !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
hi !
yes all starters nearly identical (always 2 same premium foil cards ; french : Sagnol, Karembeu; Italy : Signori, Di Vaio; UK : Kevin Phillips and Saha), its almost the same for the next seasons, so buying several starters packs is useless and the foils inside have no value...but can they be find on boosters sometimes, what a disappointment.
i think its was an important commercial failure (starters) and a good part of explanation why football champions stopped.
(also they don't have licence for all teams, Bundesliga, BBVA...etc)
note that the seller on ebay "dacardworld" have boosters boxes from UK and Title Race, whitch become nearly impossible to find.

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
Shevchenko promo 2004/05 (W2)
Posted Image
Trezeguet promo 2004/05 (W1)

these 2 promo cards i've only found on http://www.lppcollecting.it/fc/singole.php?id=4-21
never saw them elsewhere !! value should be very high !
LPP Collecting is quite expensive (compare to cardgame-club) but have more cards for season 03/04 and 04/05 (promo).

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
french starter 01/02 content :
always 2 same premium foil : Sagnol (008/230) and Karembeu (013/230), always always !!
rules (in french), board (far far too big), 2 dices (6 faces), one round ball counter, red and yellow counters.
also some base players and action cards but sincerely nothing interesting.

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
the french gameboard shows 4 cards that are different from the real ones (Christian, Coupet, Landreau, Monterrubio).
Coupet showed is 7-3-8, the real is 8-3-8 and picture is different.
what are they ?
only for pictures or ultra rare collectible card ?
they are different from the beta cards appeared on ebay, they have the club logo.
a mystery (this continue on other starters).

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
about the promo card of Solsjkaer,
why in my opinion the value is not high, because in gameplay its absolutely identical to the foil rare card (whitch i know have a very little value, lets say nobody wants Solsjkaer).
the 9-4-8-8-8 makes it very easy to stop for a defender (4 in strength).
but as a collector i'm happy to have one !
Posted Image
another story, the Zola promo is far much better (135 pts against 134 pts!!) but speed 8 and strenght 6 ! no need for the "pass" of the base card.
its about just about gameplay (remember starting playing with Chelsea, Zola was useless, Hasselbaink doing all the Job, but with the promo its more balancing). also this promo card was on ebay for a long time at 30 euros until someone buyed it, (from lafumetteria), i was thinking this time, 30 euros for a card like this its horrible, then i regret it for several years, and thanks Mattia!!
so the point is not to have regrets!
Football champions is a great collection and a great game !!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
here we go, uk starter season 01-02,
same as french starter, always Louis Saha (111/250) and Kevin Phillips (225/250) as premium cards.
gameboard also too big, showing a different Harry Kewell and David Seaman.
surely these cards don't exist.
also some base and action cards, little interest.
same content, dice and counters.
rule book in english !

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
last 01/02 starters, italian one.
same here, always Giuseppe Signori (022/230) and Marco Di Vaio (147/230).
counters, dice, base and action cards...
rule book in italian, showing an unkown card of Alessandro Del Piero.
Gameboard also too big, unkown cards of Nakata, Frey, Simeone, Peruzzi.
Thinking these cards don't exist, an idea about this ?

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
the best french team possible (gameplay)
Wizards of the Coast had a great opinion of the French team, value : 3211 pts !!
Goalkeeper : Barthez,
Left Back : Lizarazu
Central Defense : Candela, Desailly
Right Back : Thuram
Left Mid : Pires
Centers : Petit, Zidane
Right Mid : Vieira
Forwards : Henry, Trezeguet
these cards are too much strong to play with !
would have been great if they made Brazil, Germany...

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Sitheking, i've play few with other players, its kind difficult (need room and friends who likes it are far).
i know a french friend who plays often with his brother, helpful ! (but i don't have any brother).
my wife dislikes any game !
so i've play alone, its the best possibility. i started around 5 years ago, been very patient (played almost each week end), i've made great teams in 2001/02, Germans, Spains, Holland, Turkish, all !!
so i can do Champions League, UEFA.
i've reach the Quaters Finals.
So far the bests teams are Man Utd, Real Madrid, Leverkusen, Dortmund.
after i will do the World Cup 2002 !!
Football Champions is still alive !

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
here season 02/03, italian version.
this season the French sadly stopped...
design and rules changed, i didn't test it yet, but there is a nasty "fatigue" counter who can get down a player. also new abilities (Spirit, Leadership, Tricky...).
design make for example yellow backgrounds and white names/caracteristcs almost unreadable.
Starters comes always with Pavel Nedved (050/107) and Filipo Inzaghi (063/107).
some base cards and action cards (little interest as always).
Rules in italian, shows an Italian Vieri that don't exist, and you can see the "Yoga" juice.
counters (Yellow/Red Cards, Fatigue) and Ball; 2 6faces dices.
TWO BOOSTERS inside, good idea !! you can have players from National Italian Team !
note that italian 02/03 collection is very difficult to make, as boosters are impossible to find.
also, this collection have foil cards (each foil card have a non identical foil card (base), number is the same), its quite confusing.
for those who like football champions, i say don't hesitate !

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
the starter for 02/03 UK version.
i think this is better than the italian version (they corrected the design problems).
the box pictured a Kieron Dyer that don't exist (also why Dyer isn't in 2001/02??).
always 2 same premium foil : Kieron Dyer (020/105) and Marian Pahars (023/105).
same countent as 02/03 (rules in english, no surprise inside), gameboard is VERY useful (smaller and tougher). one white dice.
base and action cards,
No booster inside...
the serie was called "Subbuteo" this confused many people, as there was a subbuteo trading card game in 1996 that was a failure. (no common points).
the foil cards are numbered 1 to 25, then continues to 105.
only Liverpool have enough players to make a team, sadly it stopped without any Title Race, so no Terry...
but reallly great players (Lampard is getting stronger). why this has to stop??

jeanmarie
Signature Card
Posted Image
saison 03/04, only made in italy, hexagonal design, could be better.
in starters, no foil card, but TWO boosters.
a very useful boardgame, rules italian, identical to 2002/03.
some base and action cards (not useful), counters, dice, nothing special.
a lot of promo cards will appear this year, Kaka and Daniele De Rossi arrived.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Football Champions · Next Topic »
Add Reply