Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New VIP membership, good idea?
Topic Started: Dec 24 2011, 04:44 PM (2,649 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm looking at introducing a VIP membership which will have acess to exclusive reveals, exclusive deals from Topps, Panini and Futera, it will also have extra special VIP only competitions. I will also intend to have FCF exclusive cards only available to VIP members (possibly from manufacturers).

The invisaged cost would be about 7.99 a year membership only - 14.99 for membership including exclusive cards

It would still be free to be a normal member with access to all other sections

Existing members would get VIP membership free for first 12 months and possibly beyond but would need to pay for cards.

Would you be interested in becoming a VIP member?

EDIT: Probable cost would be 4.99 for VIP plus a similar amount for exclusive cards which would be optional. Standard membership would be free.
Edited by Tollyman, Jan 29 2012, 08:25 PM.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
matchattaxmasters22
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I like the idea of a membership really but it would not be fair to other members *ahem* foreigners and the reason of that is how do we pay and the currency of it. If I'm not wrong, VIP membership may get other people very jelous.
For example, if there is a competition only for the VIP members and they are allowed to enter, it's not fair for the others.
This is my opinion and I think the forum should be kept that way. Alot of members already and probably it might get them to leave if they feel that something is not right in here.
But I understand your decision in which you make of the VIP
Trade List
Feedback
Wishlist

Check my wishlist and PM me if you want to trade. Cheers!
COMPLETED COLLECTIONS:
Match Attax 10/11, 10/11 EXTRA, 11/12, 14/15
Adrenalyn XL 2014 World Cup
TRUSTED TRADERS:
Rollcollector // gt6943 x2 // CharlesHK // spurs.attax x4 // Shuqiran // ho123wang // jamesalex // thomasfo // watts27 // Matt // mszaby x2 // robjones1973 // xavi101 // lordfa9 // kgarnett x2 //gp#3 //

MGZN
Member Avatar
Spursdave
matchattaxmasters22
Jan 22 2012, 03:32 AM
I like the idea of a membership really but it would not be fair to other members *ahem* foreigners and the reason of that is how do we pay and the currency of it. If I'm not wrong, VIP membership may get other people very jelous.
For example, if there is a competition only for the VIP members and they are allowed to enter, it's not fair for the others.
This is my opinion and I think the forum should be kept that way. Alot of members already and probably it might get them to leave if they feel that something is not right in here.
But I understand your decision in which you make of the VIP
No, it will make the people buy VIP and Tollyman will earn money!
Posted Image

matchattaxmasters22
Member Avatar
Masters Card
MGZN
Jan 22 2012, 06:21 AM
matchattaxmasters22
Jan 22 2012, 03:32 AM
I like the idea of a membership really but it would not be fair to other members *ahem* foreigners and the reason of that is how do we pay and the currency of it. If I'm not wrong, VIP membership may get other people very jelous.<br />For example, if there is a competition only for the VIP members and they are allowed to enter, it's not fair for the others.<br />This is my opinion and I think the forum should be kept that way. Alot of members already and probably it might get them to leave if they feel that something is not right in here.<br />But I understand your decision in which you make of the VIP
No, it will make the people buy VIP and Tollyman will earn money!
So it's just for earning money? :doh

I said it's my opinion- don't like websites who are free then change and have memberships only to earn money. I like the way this forum works right now and the way it is to all members having equal statuses for everyone and that it is fair to all members in Asia, Europe, America, and other places.
Trade List
Feedback
Wishlist

Check my wishlist and PM me if you want to trade. Cheers!
COMPLETED COLLECTIONS:
Match Attax 10/11, 10/11 EXTRA, 11/12, 14/15
Adrenalyn XL 2014 World Cup
TRUSTED TRADERS:
Rollcollector // gt6943 x2 // CharlesHK // spurs.attax x4 // Shuqiran // ho123wang // jamesalex // thomasfo // watts27 // Matt // mszaby x2 // robjones1973 // xavi101 // lordfa9 // kgarnett x2 //gp#3 //

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
One thing I do know is that Tollyman would not take one single penny for himself from this forum and any money raised would be for the benefit of the forum itself.

One advantage of having VIP membership is that it stops idiots registering with the sole intention of causing problems on the forum as they have nothing better to do with their time.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think people are misunderstanding the whole idea of a VIP board. It does not mean 'everyone' has to pay, it means there would be a board IN ADDITION to the current forum with incentives for members who join, they are the only people who would have to pay anything and it would be by choice not force.

There would not be more power for people who donate more as it would all be at set prices determined beforehand.

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
If people bought VIP's it means much more competitions which should be held just for VIP's IMO.

Because if we are paying for membership and funding the forum for prizes - we should be provided with the competition.
Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

Joshua_10
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would pay 50 to get exclusive VIP match attax - panni cards!
YNWA

turboboy94
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Joshua_10
Jan 24 2012, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't pay 50 to get exclusive VIP match attax - panni cards!
Posted Image
My Sale as of 20/05/13 - HAVE A LOOK!!!!!
Feedback
Wishlist - MONEY, MONEY ONLY.

arsenal9001658
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
if there is a fee i would probaly stop coming on this forum. plus if there is a fee to pay u will lose members and the forum will be less popular and if it get's less popular nobody will come on coz they want to share fakes and trade not have to pay every year to show people fake cards and stuff like that
Spoiler: click to toggle

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6867620/1/?x=90[/url]

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6867416/1/?x=90[/bgcolor][/border]

a true legend

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I am not sure if having a membership would result in being a boost to this forum but I think if you are to have a membership you could at least lower the price a bit. If you look at it from one point of view, a child asking his/her mum/dad if he/she would like to spend 15/7 pound on a membership to a forum, you can bet 9/10 times that he/she would say no. On the other side, if the parent looked at the benefits of it, she might reconsider and think 'yes'. If are going to launch this membership, at least put the price down a little- EG- 10 for the premium membership and 5 for the standard membership. Thinking of the amount of trades going on right now (hundreds), and the amount that will be going on if you launch the membership (thousands???), it may help other FCF users/ new collectors complete their collections. You could add extra VIP only topics which can have special deals and offers only for membership card holders. Or maybe a password which VIP's could type in to get a seperate thread/forum where they could chat.
Thanks for reading, MAM101.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
MatchAttaxMaster101
Jan 29 2012, 07:06 PM
I am not sure if having a membership would result in being a boost to this forum but I think if you are to have a membership you could at least lower the price a bit. If you look at it from one point of view, a child asking his/her mum/dad if he/she would like to spend 15/7 pound on a membership to a forum, you can bet 9/10 times that he/she would say no. On the other side, if the parent looked at the benefits of it, she might reconsider and think 'yes'. If are going to launch this membership, at least put the price down a little- EG- 10 for the premium membership and 5 for the standard membership. Thinking of the amount of trades going on right now (hundreds), and the amount that will be going on if you launch the membership (thousands???), it may help other FCF users/ new collectors complete their collections. You could add extra VIP only topics which can have special deals and offers only for membership card holders. Or maybe a password which VIP's could type in to get a seperate thread/forum where they could chat.
Standard membership is and always will be free.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Jan 29 2012, 08:26 PM
MatchAttaxMaster101
Jan 29 2012, 07:06 PM
Standard membership is and always will be free.
No, I mean VIP membership (the 7/14) not the standard membership.

booto67
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I am on hack forums and the membership on there is really good
Posted Image In Arsene we trust!

matchattaxfan4
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can I ask a question with no maliciousness intended,
People said that the money would go to the forum but just say 200 people buy a full membership @4.99/5 x 200 = 998, what could you spend it on?
( also if you joined on a different forum-hosting website you could earn revenue from advertising.)
Posted Image

Trusted traders
Jamesalex blizzard maxitaxi victor meldrew x2
Ellietyke2000 mufc17 mrexpodeify mrspongeman
palmerme1 x2 gt6943

my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/matchattaxfan4?feature=mhum

My ma 2012 wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6838899/1/

My ma 2012 tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6838494/1/#new

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
booto67
Feb 17 2012, 10:41 PM
I am on hack forums and the membership on there is really good
We all wanted to know that.

I don't get why there was any need to post that.

:shrug

booto67
Member Avatar
Masters Card
To tell people that a membership is good
Posted Image In Arsene we trust!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Surveys · Next Topic »
Add Reply