Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Are Ltd editions a rip-off?
Topic Started: Jun 9 2012, 08:34 AM (1,140 Views)
Dommod
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Reading all these threads about the various ltd's on the forums, I am thinking that for the Euro's there are far too many and some are so ridiculous/difficult to get hold off that realistically most child collectors (primary target market) will never be able to get hold of them. Basically you either have to spend ridiculous money on eBay or buy hundreds of packs one from particular supplier to have a chance of getting one of these cards. The whole point of a collection is that you should be able to buy and/or swap most cards so that a child can get the full collection.

With the current collection unless you sound silly money, which also goes against the spirit of collecting, your child will never get hold of cards such as Joe hart, Ashley Cole, Ashley young ltd and this something I think Topps should look at. Basically the ltd are a way of screwing more money out of kids and mean that you can never get a full set. Also it encourages dodgy profiteering on sites such eBay. The ability to buy cards such as MOTM, 100's after the tournament for reasonable prices is a good service from Topps, but the proliferation of Ltd's is turning into a real racket and goes against the whole point of collecting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dommod
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, all some very interesting comments and as with most things everyones opinion is valid. I suspect however that some of you are not seeing this from the perspective of a nine year old boy (my son and all his mates) who as many kids have no chance of completing the collection because they do not have the money to buy a whole box(!) or pay silly prices on ebay. They see Topps marketing the LE's through kids magazines MOTD but are not in a position to get these cards. At least with 100 clubs etc there is a chance of getting one in a pack which is how kids buy the cards.

I think the current LE marketing and supply with the the euro's has got out of hand with so many tie in deals a cynical ploy by Topps to get as much money for what is essentially a kids hobby, same goes for those flogging them for exorbitant prices on eBay. Kids don't also collect them to make money on in the future, they do it because they love football and love collecting. It's pity that you can't collect all the LE's but just neeed access to pots of cash. Where's the moral in that?

Dommod
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was talking about the likes of hart, young, Cole plus all the signed limited editions which are ties in with only certain retailers. Plus the likes of Johnson and downing, walkout) le have to be bought with 10 packs of cards minimum. (hmm think about that) Only one LE lampard came with motd magazine and plus gerrard (2 weeks)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Euro 2012 - Match Attax England · Next Topic »
Add Reply