Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will there be less traders on ebay from now on?
Topic Started: Jun 23 2012, 12:57 PM (1,137 Views)
Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hopefully they will start making proper checks and the people making the extra few quid on the side without declaring their earnings will be held to account and made to pay tax on their additional income and if needed lose their benefits.

Heard it all before though and despite all the noises made it seems to be a case of unless someone directly reports an individual then its hard to prove anything.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ashleyyoungFTW
Jun 23 2012, 01:47 PM
From a legal standpoint, I believe eBay has always counted as a profession, be it for a few quid or for a business, and so it should be added to any other income and taxed accordingly. However, it doesn't really matter - it's a bit like a car boot sale and so tax is never taken too seriously on there. Of course there are some people like PhilD who try to take a moral high ground but in most cases the tax is so minute (if even applicable) it's not worth chasing. eBay fees are crazy anyway so perhaps if they wanted people to pay even more on tax they could reduce those so people actually COULD make a few quid rather than ending up with nothing.
Please explain your comment on how I try to take the moral high ground !!!

So you approve of tax avoidance by traders ?

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ashleyyoungFTW
Jun 23 2012, 02:38 PM
Phild
Jun 23 2012, 02:12 PM
ashleyyoungFTW
Jun 23 2012, 01:47 PM
From a legal standpoint, I believe eBay has always counted as a profession, be it for a few quid or for a business, and so it should be added to any other income and taxed accordingly. However, it doesn't really matter - it's a bit like a car boot sale and so tax is never taken too seriously on there. Of course there are some people like PhilD who try to take a moral high ground but in most cases the tax is so minute (if even applicable) it's not worth chasing. eBay fees are crazy anyway so perhaps if they wanted people to pay even more on tax they could reduce those so people actually COULD make a few quid rather than ending up with nothing.
Please explain your comment on how I try to take the moral high ground !!!

So you approve of tax avoidance by traders ?
I wouldn't class someone selling off a spare thing they found in the loft for a few quid privately tax avoidance. Do you do car boot sales? If so, I do hope you declare everything you earn there...
I think theres a big difference between someone selling spares and someone buying boxes/cases of cards to sell for profit don't you ? but you twist my comments how you wish, nothing unusual there.

And no I don't do car boot sales.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Anyone buying items to sell on is a trader and if that trade means they are 'making the extra few quid' then yes they should have their benefits stopped as they are earning an income and as the full comment I made stated 'if needed' . If that income is below a certain level then there are ways they can make their income up by income support (if its still going) or tax credits.

If they are selling spare items then if questioned they only have to prove they are not trading, shouldn't be too difficult.

There are people on ebay who make a very nice living whilst not declaring a single penny of it.

Ebay is no longer the on-line car boot sale it once was, ebay themselves no longer want that tag.
Edited by Phild, Jun 23 2012, 03:23 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Euro 2012 - Match Attax England · Next Topic »
Add Reply