Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2012-13 Match Attax Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jul 27 2012, 06:34 PM (8,963 Views)
chinastone
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
Pretty disappointed with the new cards so far.

Design like always is the same like the Premier League design from last year. So no surprises here.

Bad choice (partly) of 100 and LE cards.

Some really bad photos used and last transfers missing.

And worst of all: no foil cards for "top transfer".

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chinastone
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]

I really hate complaining, but you are waiting for months for the new collection and then they come out with this...

For me Topps is for the collecting cards industry what "Apple" is for electronic devices. They can do whatever they want, the people will buy it like crazy anyway.

In their home-market USA they are facing some real competition with Upper Deck and Panini (before also Donruss and Fleer) and the result is great designs and awesome cards. Sadly it is not really fun to collect cards of sports you do not care about.

Thanks to their "exclusive licence" they come out with some half-baked product here, that nobody would buy in the US.

For England they at least try some cool stuff like "Golden Moments" or cards for "The Championship".

I was waiting for a Martinez top-transfer/star signing card for example. Now Martinez is not even in the collection and "top-transfer" cards are normal base cards.

I will also just pick a few cards only and go for Premier League/Panini Champions League this year.

Edited by chinastone, Sep 21 2012, 03:27 PM.

chinastone
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
K-Schwein
Sep 21 2012, 07:00 PM
I feel your disappointment brother, I really do. This is my favorite league and my favorite set I look forward to collecting each year.

While the design is tolerable, I really condemn Topps' laziness (listing players out of position, taking lousy photos of players, questionable player selections, etc.)

I'm tempted to submit a job application to Match Attax Germany. If they are missing out on simple concepts, I would look like a genius there. I may send them an email stating my thoughts.
I am also wondering who is doing the job there.

Writing them might be a good idea.
There are some key points and it cannot be so complicated to do things the right way.

1. Waiting with production until all transfers are done. (like in the UK)
2. Not using exactly the same design from the Premier League one season before.
3. Trying to choose the right players for LEs, 100, covers.
4. Taking good pictures, making the stats and positions right.
(I saw in the video that Phillip Lahm only has 4 Stars and 70 defense. Kiddin`me?)

chinastone
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
Panini King
Sep 22 2012, 09:59 AM

@chinastone: i find the german limited cards better, every club gets a limited card and there are not always the same player (Lampard, Hart, Cahill, Van Persie)

Yes and no.
They are trying to have something for everyone.
The problem is that not every club in the Bundesliga has stand-out players.
And who cares about a LE of Fuerstner or Verhaegh, unless you are a supporter of the club.

In the end you have to many special cards of average players. And this kind of cards
should only be out with some of the best players.

But you are right, regarding the Premier League, it starts to be a bit boring.
I would love to see special cards of Rodwell, Welbeck, Baines...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bundesliga Match Attax 12/13 · Next Topic »
Add Reply