Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Meeting with Futera CEO tonight (6/12/2012)
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 01:07 PM (3,376 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a meeting with Gwyneth Glascodine the CEO of Futera this evening while she is on a rare visit to the UK.

I'm hoping to get a sneek peak or at least some exclusive info on the new Unique 2013 collection. We have already been promised a great promotion on this latest incarnation of Futeras premium set when it comes out, so I will see if I can get some info on what that might be.

If anyone has any questions I can ask please let me know ASAP and I may be able to get an answer for you.

We will no doubt be talking about our FWF Leagues so again any suggestion are welcome.
Edited by Tollyman, Dec 6 2012, 01:08 PM.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
How about buy one box get one free + 1 million futera tokens.

A complete list of all cards that are playable in FWF listed in order of playing power.... not just a list of all cards and their own playing power as they now have on their website.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have few questions, although I am not Futera collector, this forum changed my opinion, or at least it started to make me wonder weather to collect Futera.

Any info about :
-Release date
-Prices approximate maybe
-And maybe this "hot " question : I would really like to see some kind of proof about authenticity of their cards, if there are some kind of proofs ,at least written on a piece of paper in box (People want to have authentic stuff, but also want a proof for that,after all ,when paying that much, I would love to see some kind of proof), I really would buy a box of Futera 2013.
-Anything about future promotions ,would be precious.

Thanks Tollyman!
Edited by SlimShady(srb), Dec 6 2012, 01:22 PM.

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
SlimShady(srb)
Dec 6 2012, 01:19 PM
I have few questions, although I am not Futera collector, this forum changed my opinion, or at least it started to make me wonder weather to collect Futera.

Any info about :
-Release date
-Prices approximate maybe
-And maybe this "hot " question : I would really like to see some kind of proof about authenticity of their cards, if there are some kind of proofs ,at least written on a piece of paper in box (People want to have authentic stuff, but also want a proof for that,after all ,when paying that much, I would love to see some kind of proof), I really would buy a box of Futera 2013.
-Anything about future promotions ,would be precious.

Thanks Tollyman!
Boxes are normally around £220 GBP
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Thanks Gary,

I also wanted to ask this :
-Do they ship worldwide ?
-How do they ship it ?

Very important question for me, and all the East Europe collectors :
-Do they declare value of 220 GBP when they ship ?
If they do, is it possible for them not to declare it ,or declare low value.
Problem is, at least here and in few other countries - Anything that comes through customs ,and has value over 60e ,they charge us ,INSANE custom fees.
For example, once I got from a friend 2 complete USA 94 Panini albums. He put 120e value, to insure himself, and I was charged believe it or not 65 euros custom fees :(
I really do not want to know how much will they charge for 220 GPB
So I really need to know this. Thanks everyone.
Edited by SlimShady(srb), Dec 6 2012, 01:42 PM.

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I can`t answer these questions ... you will need to email futera.
Trusted traders

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
I wanted to do that, but since Tollyman asked , I just wrote it here. But I will certainly email them if we do not get reply from the meeting.

dimon1975-0820
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello
You can find out whether the collection FUTERA Unique 2013. special card (autograph, jersey, etc.) players Russia and Ukraine?
Thank you.
Russia Moscow

Feedback
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6966617/1/#new

Bad trade: alves28

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
You could ask the possibility of adapting their league to take on a similar style to ours.
Would they be able to make it a more level playing field somehow. I cant understand why some teams who are in league 1 should be able to relegate themselves back down to league 5 and then win week after week with their mythical laden teams.
why should league 5 teams have to play league 1 teams

dan5577
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
can they give each of us here a free pack?
Successful trades with :
mszaby ( x3 )
blizzard
DARBO
laliga
kimmeh_d
Angel ( x3 )
ofb1988

My Wishlist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7049487/1/#new

Feedback: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7046576/1/#new/color]

YNWA!!!!

klarco
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
oh very nice. wait carrefully some news! B)
but futera don't reply the email..

and i'm agree with slim shady...we need more proof to authenticty for the 2013 collecta!
Edited by klarco, Dec 7 2012, 06:21 PM.
Posted Image
https://plus.google.com/photos/112967219990911021858/albums?banner=pwa
EBAY STORE ID KLARCO1983
GOOD BYE LEGENDARY CAPITANO ! JAVIER ZANETTI#4

solumlupus
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes the proof of authenticity is a pretty important issue. Can they maybe take a pic of the player signing the card etc.? And do they have any intentions of releasing a series 4 non virtual collection? I really miss being able to collect the actual cards...
FWF Team: Benz Cruzados

Futera Cards for sale @ Benz Futera Shop

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
how did it go?

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
The meeting went really well.

-I was shown some proofs of the new Unique 2013 collection, very nice and some big differences to 2012 collection
-We will hopefully have a big pre xmas promotion/discount
-We will also have a Unique 2013 promotion
- It is currently envisaged that Series 4 FWF will initially be virtual but with a real set a possibility going forward.
- Futera will endeavour to put up more signature photos
- iPad and Android version of FWF is in development
- New trading area is in advanced development
- Discussion on the handling of league cheats and the removal of Bronze training points
- Talked about promotion of FCF league

Very constructive and great to talk face to face after 2 years of emails & phone calls!
Edited by Tollyman, Dec 9 2012, 07:01 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Dec 8 2012, 05:25 PM

-I was shown some proofs of the new Unique 2013 collection, very nice and some big differences to 2012 collection
- Series 4 FWF is a Real set not virtual
- Discussion on the handling of league cheats and the removal of Bronze training points

Very constructive and great to talk face to face after 2 years of emails & phone calls!
Wow that's great :)

Any word on release date for Unique 2013?
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Portlaw
Dec 8 2012, 05:27 PM
Tollyman

There's been a few printing issues so it will be January if all goes to plan.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Dec 8 2012, 05:28 PM
Portlaw
Dec 8 2012, 05:27 PM
Tollyman

There's been a few printing issues so it will be January if all goes to plan.
That soon? Excellent :D

Now I'll I have to do is pray for a Villa jersey card like in the set 6 years ago :$

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
big congratulations to you Tollyman
Obviously the work you are putting in behind the scenes is really paying off and the companies are starting to realise how useful you can be to them in promoting their merchandise

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Thanks for the info Tollyman!
If by any chance you have some answers on my question about shipping to non European Union contries, and declaring the value of parcel , I would be grateful!

solumlupus
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That sounds awesome. Can't wait to see how the 2013 Unique looks as well. Hope FCF can get a sneak peek :)

harryl1878
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tollyman

All I wanted to hear! Excellent news!

Nice 1 tollyman
1428 different Everton cards... and counting

Wishlist - Tradelist - Feedback

rishgoon
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tollyman

Would hope to see better authentication of their signatures. As Futera obtain them from a 3rd party, I'm not sure how they would do this. They need to start paying players directly and witnessing them sign in person, as there are way too many Futera cards released with fake signatures. However they've never been policed on this, so I can't see them changing. Disgusting really.
"I went back to my hotel and intended to watch Tottenham on television - but I fell asleep" - Arsene Wenger

Posted Image

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
SlimShady(srb)
Dec 8 2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the info Tollyman!
If by any chance you have some answers on my question about shipping to non European Union contries, and declaring the value of parcel , I would be grateful!
they need to, if shipping from uk anyway and usa for sure, the true value of the parcel.

they are a company and need to abide by laws.

your way around it id guess is getting a middle man in the country they ship from to help you out.
Please check out my pictured set at -
Italy set fully pictured Rangers set fully pictured
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

TRADING FEEDBACK - PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK HERE

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
I know that, but if they can not declare a lower value, then I would not buy, it is not their fault ,its just a rip off law here.
Maybe I will try to find a friend who can help. They ship to him, he reships to me and declare lower value. But first I will email Futera when it is time to buy Unique 2013, and ask about details ,maybe they can understand my situation after all, and then I will not have additional expenses.

klarco
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep! Thanks for new info! I hope the design of futera 2013 régular card are better than the 2012 reg...i think futera Will released a beautiful collection for 2013 ! Hope we have very nice players in archive and autograph too...
Posted Image
https://plus.google.com/photos/112967219990911021858/albums?banner=pwa
EBAY STORE ID KLARCO1983
GOOD BYE LEGENDARY CAPITANO ! JAVIER ZANETTI#4

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
rishgoon
Dec 9 2012, 05:41 AM
Tollyman

Would hope to see better authentication of their signatures. As Futera obtain them from a 3rd party, I'm not sure how they would do this. They need to start paying players directly and witnessing them sign in person, as there are way too many Futera cards released with fake signatures. However they've never been policed on this, so I can't see them changing. Disgusting really.
Have you ever heard of Beckett Cards?

They are huge in the states and you send your cards there to get encapsulated and to get your (cut) autographs checked to see if they are true.

I'm a massive non sports fan and the company Leaf does this directly to prove the authentication of the autograph.

I've have this one for example:

Posted Image

So if your so unsure or worried about an autograph you get send it to Beckett or JSA/PSA and they will tell you if it's a fake or real

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
SlimShady(srb)
Dec 9 2012, 10:28 AM
I know that, but if they can not declare a lower value, then I would not buy, it is not their fault ,its just a rip off law here.
Maybe I will try to find a friend who can help. They ship to him, he reships to me and declare lower value. But first I will email Futera when it is time to buy Unique 2013, and ask about details ,maybe they can understand my situation after all, and then I will not have additional expenses.
I understand where your coming from and I myself have been hit with massive customs from the states but if they declare the value lower it's illegal and if they caught they could be fined quite severely so I think they will declare it at full price

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Portlaw
Dec 9 2012, 01:24 PM

They are huge in the states and you send your cards there to get encapsulated and to get your (cut) autographs checked to see if they are true.

I'm a massive non sports fan and the company Leaf does this directly to prove the authentication of the autograph.

So if your so unsure or worried about an autograph you get send it to Beckett or JSA/PSA and they will tell you if it's a fake or real

I know the Beckett authentication/grading system is very important to US collectors, but I doubt whether they'd be able to authenticate many football (soccer) autographs. From what I see of their website they don't have much interest in our type of football.

Alan
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan
Dec 9 2012, 02:33 PM
Portlaw

I know the Beckett authentication/grading system is very important to US collectors, but I doubt whether they'd be able to authenticate many football (soccer) autographs. From what I see of their website they don't have much interest in our type of football.

Alan

I agree with you Alan, but they would still do their research and give as good a decision as they could on the card, they might not be as accurate as they would with a Tom Brady for instance but they are still autograph professionals and would do their best to be able to see the subtle differences between 2 autographs if one was real and the other fake.
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 9 2012, 03:04 PM.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
harryl1878
Dec 8 2012, 07:49 PM
Tollyman

Nice 1 tollyman
Sorry correction......

- It is currently envisaged that Series 4 FWF will initially be virtual set but with a real set a possibility going forward.

solumlupus
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Darn was really hoping for an affordable set which is not virtual. The unique series is way too expensive.

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
Portlaw
Dec 9 2012, 03:00 PM
Alan
Dec 9 2012, 02:33 PM
Portlaw

Alan

I agree with you Alan, but they would still do their research and give as good a decision as they could on the card, they might not be as accurate as they would with a Tom Brady for instance but they are still autograph professionals and would do their best to be able to see the subtle differences between 2 autographs if one was real and the other fake.
Beckett & PSA have both been known to authenticate fake autographs of well known athletes in American sports so I would much less trust their judgement of soccer signatures.

rishgoon
Member Avatar
100 Club
Really, after you buy a sealed product from Futera directly or one of their distributors, you shouldn't have to be worrying about getting your cards autograph authenticated.
"I went back to my hotel and intended to watch Tottenham on television - but I fell asleep" - Arsene Wenger

Posted Image

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
When I spoke to Gwyneth the CEO of Futera on Thursday she stressed how much hard work goes into obtaining the Autographs and they always get a Photo of the player signing the card. They will look into starting to put these photo's (or some of them) on their website, but they need to get permission to use them from the players which is time consuming.

When asked about a year ago to prove a signature by a member they supplied the photo of the exact card being signed!

Futera seem to be very passionate about the card collections they produce and spend months creating the Unique collection, I can't believe they would then cut corners and forge the autographs of players.

Remember these are not signatures the are autographs and therefore are not always going to look the same.

harryl1878
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tollyman
Dec 9 2012, 07:02 PM
harryl1878
Dec 8 2012, 07:49 PM
Tollyman

Nice 1 tollyman
Sorry correction......

- It is currently envisaged that Series 4 FWF will initially be virtual set but with a real set a possibility going forward.
Ah!

Oh well, hope there is a real set. Not one for virtual cards myself.
1428 different Everton cards... and counting

Wishlist - Tradelist - Feedback

Lincoln
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
cant wait for this to come in January if all goes planned..

rishgoon
Member Avatar
100 Club
Tollyman
Dec 10 2012, 11:14 AM
When I spoke to Gwyneth the CEO of Futera on Thursday she stressed how much hard work goes into obtaining the Autographs and they always get a Photo of the player signing the card. They will look into starting to put these photo's (or some of them) on their website, but they need to get permission to use them from the players which is time consuming.

When asked about a year ago to prove a signature by a member they supplied the photo of the exact card being signed!

Futera seem to be very passionate about the card collections they produce and spend months creating the Unique collection, I can't believe they would then cut corners and forge the autographs of players.

Remember these are not signatures the are autographs and therefore are not always going to look the same.
Unless things have changed recently, Futera obtain their autographs from a third party, not directly from the player themselves, so I'm not sure how they would obtain photographs of players signing. I'm not saying it is Futera themselves who forge the autograph, but some of those whom they purchase them from certainly do. Not all of them, some of my nicest cards I can see are genuine autographs. Others are terribly poor imitations.

I say there are many fakes, I wish I had more proof. The two that I know for certain, Giuseppe Rossi denied that this was his signature on Twitter (@GiuseppeRossi22)
Posted Image
Rossi also said that he had never signed any cards for Futera, so I would imagine any Rossi signatures are fakes.
The other, I asked Ian Wright myself (@IanWright0) about this one, and he categorically denied that this was his signature:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Whereas the Rossi card was signed directly onto a Futera card, the Wright 1 of 1 is on the white side. This I suppose could be faked, however I asked the previous owner of this card how he obtained it, and he told me it was pack pulled.

I'm not trying to cause trouble here, I just want to help warn people to be aware of what they are buying, as unfortunately they may not be getting what they pay for. Although with the 'gaming' side of these products being so popular, I don't think it will slow Futera's sales very much! I'm very passionate about this, and I wish there was some way for Futera to be held accountable.

Posted Image

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
^ Nice work there man.

It's obvious many Futera autograph cards are just not legit. Makes one wonder about their memorabilia cards too...
It'd be nice if Futera were able to stand behind their product's authenticity but I don't believe that to be the case. They need to stop trying to cut corners and actually pay footballers to sit down and do signing sessions for them like Panini and Topps both do.

Panini - http://www.paninionline.com/collectibles/institutional/ea/ap/scheda_prodotto.asp?idEdit=6866
Topps - http://www.toppsauthentics.co.uk/authenticity

It would only make for a more transparent and quality product for us collectors. Until Futera get its act together I will be staying away from their autograph cards.
Edited by Futbol_Cards, Dec 11 2012, 07:27 AM.

Lincoln
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
rishgoon spend so much time to clarify the autograph situation..

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
rishgoon
Dec 11 2012, 04:24 AM
Tollyman
Dec 10 2012, 11:14 AM

Unless things have changed recently, Futera obtain their autographs from a third party, not directly from the player themselves, so I'm not sure how they would obtain photographs of players signing. I'm not saying it is Futera themselves who forge the autograph, but some of those whom they purchase them from certainly do. Not all of them, some of my nicest cards I can see are genuine autographs. Others are terribly poor imitations.

I say there are many fakes, I wish I had more proof. The two that I know for certain, Giuseppe Rossi denied that this was his signature on Twitter (@GiuseppeRossi22)
Posted Image
Rossi also said that he had never signed any cards for Futera, so I would imagine any Rossi signatures are fakes.
The other, I asked Ian Wright myself (@IanWright0) about this one, and he categorically denied that this was his signature:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Whereas the Rossi card was signed directly onto a Futera card, the Wright 1 of 1 is on the white side. This I suppose could be faked, however I asked the previous owner of this card how he obtained it, and he told me it was pack pulled.

I'm not trying to cause trouble here, I just want to help warn people to be aware of what they are buying, as unfortunately they may not be getting what they pay for. Although with the 'gaming' side of these products being so popular, I don't think it will slow Futera's sales very much! I'm very passionate about this, and I wish there was some way for Futera to be held accountable.
You say you know for certain.... that is a serious accusation.

Rossi & Wright must have signed thousands of autographs over the years (10's of thousands in Wrights case) and you base your evidence that they are definately fake on their belief that they can remember every item they have signed and exactly how they signed them?

Futera do not do formal signing sessions as Topps do as I suspect they would have to pay £1,000's per session and of course the players are all around the world, not conveniently based in one country. The signatures are collected (so I'm told) throughout the year and in many places. Often (as shown on this forum before) being signed in less than ideal situations for example held in palm while sat in a car! This will hardly help produce a perfect 'signature' and will hardly be remembered by the person signing. While I don't beleive either person is telling lies there is a reasonable grounds to think that they are mistaken.

I'm not saying the autographs are or are not genuine because I'm not in a position to do so but I'd equally say that unless you have seen them being forged/faked you cannot know for sure either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Football Unique 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply