Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Meeting with Futera CEO tonight (6/12/2012)
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 01:07 PM (3,425 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a meeting with Gwyneth Glascodine the CEO of Futera this evening while she is on a rare visit to the UK.

I'm hoping to get a sneek peak or at least some exclusive info on the new Unique 2013 collection. We have already been promised a great promotion on this latest incarnation of Futeras premium set when it comes out, so I will see if I can get some info on what that might be.

If anyone has any questions I can ask please let me know ASAP and I may be able to get an answer for you.

We will no doubt be talking about our FWF Leagues so again any suggestion are welcome.
Edited by Tollyman, Dec 6 2012, 01:08 PM.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
blizzard
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
just thought I add some of my thoughts.

It is known that Futera does not do invitation, sit down type of signings and their signatures are taken more of on the fly basis. So it would be correct to say that a player would say that they did not sign any Futera products simply because they are not going to know that it is a Futera Product they are signing. Meeting a player in the supermarket or (as in the video) in the car the guy asking for the signature does not tell the footballer "hi I'm a rep of Futera and could you sign this card which will be made into a 1 of 1 card for the Futera Football Card Series" or at the end of the match as players walk off they would have tens of people thrusting paper, cards, stickers, t-shirts, towels, socks, underwear, boots, ball and what have you in their faces to get it sign I mean I have seen a guy strip off his shirt and half naked lean over a railing with some of his mates holding him as he dangle his shirt to get it sign. Would the player remember he sign that shirt ? Probably not. Maybe what Futera could add to the signature besides saying that it is authentic is to have a date and place where the signature took place ... I think it would be cool if the signature came with the inscription " This was taken on Christmas Day 25 Dec 2000 in the men's public loo " :) .... something for the collectors to chase.

Futera would also have a Library of Signatures. I dont think they would be getting the signatures only when they need it. Its probably taken from their own internal library of signatures and I would have guess that they would have hundreds if not thousands to choose from. So some of these might be quite old and not recent signatures. This goes for their memo too, those Jersey's would be taken from thier own collection and then cut up for the memo. I have seen a cut Jersey before but the actual process of turning one into a card is something I would like to see and maybe Futera could do a short video on the process. The cutting process, the sorting to determine which is multi colour and whcih is not, how it is attached, their QA process etc ... might be intresting if they did that for the Mythicals in the last set or how they created the Gold Manager sets.

maybe on the card they can have a speical link with another code which you can enter and that will bring you to a video link of how the card signature was obtain maybe even provide more indepth information on how the signature was obtain. Might be nice to read the story on how the sig was obtained.

well those are just some idea's I guess. not saying the sig are fake or real that I will leave it up to the experts to decide and Futera to clarify but just to share maybe some possibilites on the differences in the sig.
My Completed Trades
Cjchelsea, markmurrayuk, pnchocolates, Matchattaxmad, lily
JoelMangsa, MasterOfMatchAttax, lostdonkey, stevesmith, papagali
gokurasu73, tollyman, matchattaxfan4, gt6943, MIKADO0231
l1sboa, spurs.attax, hattersfan, CharlesHK, Rollcollector
longlongago_08, NeilB, marchingwizard, Pedrelx, dan5577
matchattaxfanatic, jayce101, DARBO

Bad Traders
Seb10

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Ian Wright and Giuseppe Rossi say they didn't sign I'm going to be inclined to believe them.
Also seeing some of Futera's ridiculous autographs doesn't help the case for their authenticity. Some of them just look way off.
Edited by Futbol_Cards, Dec 12 2012, 03:17 AM.

Lincoln
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

well said tollyman however those photos i put on here, futera did admitted that these autographs was deemed to be fake as long time ago they did admitted it on their own futera forum. I'm not to sabotage futera but everyone want to know what they bought is genuine and real. these was said that it wasnt been issued by futera but it looks so genuine with all of it and buyers will buy it thinking they are buying the real deal so I just want to be fair to everyone on this forum.

marchingwizard
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
I hope for a real set of series 4 Futera, its easier for people like me to buy as many dun hv paypal and cannot buy the series even if we wanted to...
MANCHESTER UNITED FOREVER TILL I DIE... HOLLAND NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM AS WELL...

MAN UTD 2013 CHAMPIONS OF ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE! CHAMP20NS!

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
marchingwizard
Dec 12 2012, 02:21 PM
I hope for a real set of series 4 Futera, its easier for people like me to buy as many dun hv paypal and cannot buy the series even if we wanted to...
It's quite easy to set up a paypal account if you wanted to be able to buy some futera product :)
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

klarco
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i don't understand how they choose the jersey cards too...for exemple, they product only 2 cards ,in average, with the logo, but they can do minimum 5 cards with a club logo! when you know how much they'are sell on ebay...
Posted Image
https://plus.google.com/photos/112967219990911021858/albums?banner=pwa
EBAY STORE ID KLARCO1983
GOOD BYE LEGENDARY CAPITANO ! JAVIER ZANETTI#4

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Portlaw
Dec 12 2012, 07:27 PM
marchingwizard
It's quite easy to set up a paypal account if you wanted to be able to buy some futera product :)
you can win them on here for FREE with a bit of effort in the FCF league!

Lincoln
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

marchingwizard
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
Portlaw
Dec 12 2012, 07:27 PM
marchingwizard
I know its easy to set up, but considering my age and being a student, it makes everything harder
Edited by marchingwizard, Dec 14 2012, 03:18 PM.
MANCHESTER UNITED FOREVER TILL I DIE... HOLLAND NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM AS WELL...

MAN UTD 2013 CHAMPIONS OF ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE! CHAMP20NS!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Lincoln
Dec 13 2012, 01:26 AM
Posted Image
:huh: :D

Top post!

Lincoln
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Image been removed?? :unsure:

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
It never appeared :shrug

Lincoln
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
strange cause i preview it, it can saw the photos.. :help

hakimshinn
Member Avatar
FAKE CARD MAKER
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lincoln
Dec 17 2012, 05:43 AM
strange cause i preview it, it can saw the photos.. :help
use imageshack
Birmingham City !

amigo
101 Card
I met with Gwyneth when she participated the Sports Expo in Shanghai.I had asked some suspicious autographs compared with Panini and Topps,she told me that they purchased them from an 'authentic' agency,so they have no ideas which ones are real,which ones are dubious.Problem is that they don't have a special team to check out what they get,so those fishy signed items were appearing in sealed box.Considering labor cost,we can imagine that they would ignore this procedure.
Goonerz,Oranje Supporter, hablo espaņol

klarco
Member Avatar
101 Card
so, they don't know the source of their autograph... :blink:
Posted Image
https://plus.google.com/photos/112967219990911021858/albums?banner=pwa
EBAY STORE ID KLARCO1983
GOOD BYE LEGENDARY CAPITANO ! JAVIER ZANETTI#4

Weing Chiong
Member Avatar
101 Card
Tollyman
Dec 8 2012, 05:25 PM
The meeting went really well.

-I was shown some proofs of the new Unique 2013 collection, very nice and some big differences to 2012 collection
-We will hopefully have a big pre xmas promotion/discount
-We will also have a Unique 2013 promotion
- It is currently envisaged that Series 4 FWF will initially be virtual but with a real set a possibility going forward.
- Futera will endeavour to put up more signature photos
- iPad and Android version of FWF is in development
- New trading area is in advanced development
- Discussion on the handling of league cheats and the removal of Bronze training points
- Talked about promotion of FCF league

Very constructive and great to talk face to face after 2 years of emails & phone calls!
when the series 4 collection and unique 2013 will be launched ?
Come on you Gunners !!! In Arsene we trust !!!

Big fan of Andrey Arshavin, Emile 'Lord' Heskey , Elokobi and David Beckham. Favourite teams : Arsenal , Arsenal Kiev, Zenit St Petersburg, Pulau Pinang FC and Newcastle Jets.

my line up:

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Wilshere
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Giroud

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
amigo
Dec 18 2012, 08:19 AM
I met with Gwyneth when she participated the Sports Expo in Shanghai.I had asked some suspicious autographs compared with Panini and Topps,she told me that they purchased them from an 'authentic' agency,so they have no ideas which ones are real,which ones are dubious.Problem is that they don't have a special team to check out what they get,so those fishy signed items were appearing in sealed box.Considering labor cost,we can imagine that they would ignore this procedure.
Having spoken to Gwyneth apparently this meeting was many years ago (10 years?) and this method is no longer used and hasn't been for several years.

Futera now have dedicated personnel that meet with players and hold records of the signing, often they will also have photo's (as per Tim Howard fake accussation rebuffed previousley on this forum) as well.

Having spoken to Futera personnel there comes accross a huge sense of pride in the collections they create, I personally do not beleive they would spend 12 months creating a collection then ruin it by faking the inserts. Doesn't make sense.

solumlupus
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tollyman
Dec 28 2012, 02:10 PM
amigo
Having spoken to Gwyneth apparently this meeting was many years ago (10 years?) and this method is no longer used and hasn't been for several years.

Futera now have dedicated personnel that meet with players and hold records of the signing, often they will also have photo's (as per Tim Howard fake accussation rebuffed previousley on this forum) as well.

Having spoken to Futera personnel there comes accross a huge sense of pride in the collections they create, I personally do not beleive they would spend 12 months creating a collection then ruin it by faking the inserts. Doesn't make sense.

I hope they can place these pictures on thier website so that buyers can be reassured.
FWF Team: Benz Cruzados

Futera Cards for sale @ Benz Futera Shop

dimon1975-0820
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tollyman
amigo

Hello
Date of pre-order World Football Unique 2013?
Russia Moscow

Feedback
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6966617/1/#new

Bad trade: alves28

amigo
101 Card
Tollyman
amigo

yes.I think that it was almost a decade ago.But the reason that I said that the Futera is lack of inspection is I had

pulled three same white-color Pepe jersey cards from Futera Unique 2011 box.And we also have had some collectors who had got two

same memobilia cards.how come the ratio happens?It's not fair for collectors to pay big money for that 'brace' or 'hat-trick',let alone some

suspicous autographs.Don't get me wrong,I am not against Futera,actually,I have spent more on Futera than any other publishers.I wish

that photo of proof would be helpful to collectors.
Goonerz,Oranje Supporter, hablo espaņol

BVB4Life
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is there any news concerning the release date of Unique 2013?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · World Football Unique 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply