Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
wembley event london- my day
Topic Started: Apr 10 2013, 08:46 AM (1,018 Views)
Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Morning everyone
on my way on the train to wembley in london with my brother and his friend for hopefully a great day out!
I am just getting into london.
I will update this thread throughout the day with what i am doing and whats there and then summarise the day once i get back!!
If you see me there come and say hi i am in jeans a white hoody and arsenal shirt!!
Enjoy your day and update soon!
Toby
Edited by Tankerton1, Apr 10 2013, 08:57 AM.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
What a fantastic day luke just won at london had a fantastic day with gary and tollyman
report to follow later!!!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman to begin with i thought he said heclooked like neymar?!
Trade List Wishlist

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Great day yesterday here is my review:

I set off for the events yesterday at 8.15 and got into St Pancras international at 10.00 i then caught the metropolitan line to Wembley Park tube station and made the walk up to Wembley with my large suitcase full of cards for the auction. i counted that i had to lift that up and down over 30 different stairs on the day!!!

we arrived at the event at 10.45 and went straight in and signed in and got 4 Hernandez LE's. i also picked up the checklists on the front desk for the Match Attax and Premier League stickers. i then made my way up stairs on the escalators to the Bobby Moore Suite which was fantastic. it was full of space and packed with things to do, possibly the most ideal venue and space topps have found yet for the London events. it was also ideal for parents to sit upstairs and still be able to see and keep an eye on their children and create more floor space downstairs where all the action was!!

As soon as i went in i decided to go and complete my Premier League sticker collection, while my brother and his friend who came with us completed their Premier League Match Attax Cards. Topps had good stock of their stickers and didn't run out all day which was good and made no mistakes with the stickers i needed. i was also able to pick up the two stickers Bibster needed. i then went and waited in the queue for the Championship swapping to complete my collection, Gary spotted me and came over and said hi and pointed out where he would be. Unfortunately topps where missing practically all of the 100 Clubs to swap for the Championship so i am still missing 3 of the 4 i needed but other than that i got all the cards i needed.

I then went over to the World Championships playing area where Gary was, with Mega (harrick) and we had a good chat for a little while whilst my brother, Jack Gary's son and Mega's son were playing in the World Championships. My Brother did well and got through to the last 16 so got a Silver regional finals card at the first attempt so he was really pleased. he also managed to bag me a bronze heats card which i was pleased with!! Gary's Son Jack did really well and got all the to Regional finals semi final which was a great achievement and one that i know made his dad very proud!

Me and Gary then went and found Tollyman and had a chat with him for a bit, which was good after meeting him for the first time in London last year. I also saw Chris and Phild on the day which was great!
The auction was up next for me and i registered for that with my 2600+ cards not realizing that i came with the second highest amount of swaps!! the items in the auction and their prices are below:
Up to 6 stadium tour passes 600 (there was another 4 of these at different stages of the auction and they all went between 400-700 cards).
Match Attax Shirt Signed by Ashley Cole 2000 cards
Match Attax Tin and Extra Multipack 620 cards
Moshi Monsters tin and starter pack 550 cards
Force Attax stuff 700 cards (i think, not exactly sure)
Walker Signed Card 2,700 cards
Topps England minifigures ????
Bale Signed Shirt 2,650 cards
Let me know if i have missed anything
Really pleased to get the Bale Shirt went in for the Walker signed Hologram card but didn't get it as was out bid by phild who was the only person to have more cards than me. i was surprised to get the Bale shirt because i know that was the item that everyone was talking about near me and i thought someone would have more cards than me again. To my disappointment i heard people saying that as an Arsenal fan that i would ebay it and they were being rather rude. i would never ebay it as i am rather pleased with it and a memento of my day!

I also competed in the shuffle tournament but lost in the semi final. unfortunately i didn't get into the Championship tournament as i was doing the auction and it was finishing when i turned up to play. i also didn't get to meet Mikel Arteta because the queue was so long however my brothers friend did and got a signed card and Arsenal magazine with him on the cover.
I think i have covered most things, except the shop where i bought 27 SPL packs and got some good cards i needed and some Match Attax Extra packs. there was also a range of different items in their shop under the Attax name (force and alien etc.) and Match Attax Extra multipacks, binders, 12/13 tins, and other binders for the Championship and SPL and also some mini binders which i also purchased along with a boot bag and Match Attax collector bag.

I managed to complete my Extra collection thanks to Tollyman for giving me Lallana captain for free along with Ba star Signing which was really nice of him. i got my brother down to needing just 2 HTH through swapping which was great but i felt there weren't as many people swapping this year at London as to previous years.
Here is a brief list of other things going on throughout the day:
Match Attax training camp
Dan Magness Football freestyler- who was performing tricks all day.
Skylander Giants, Moshi monsters, force attax swap shop
Moshi Monsters tournament
Paz and Bez quiz and gameson the main stage.
Meet Paz and Bez
Picture with the Championship trophy
Picture with the Barclays premier league trophy- had a photo and then bought a key ring of yourself in the style of a match attax card or photo.
Life size match attax card photo thing- this was free and you just stepped in the back of the card and had picture!

I think that was it and we left at 4.00 when the event closed so i was there all day and it was fantastic, better than last year and big thanks to topps for putting on a great show once again.
It was really great to meet up with Gary and Jack once again who i spoke to throughout the day and i had a really great time with them! Once again thanks to Gary, Tollyman and Chris for seeing you all again and talking to you all. it was also great to meet Phil and Mega for the first time.
Looking forward to next year as always!
Toby

Trade List Wishlist

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I will try Catherine at the weekend or tommorow so hopefully i will be able to upload one!
Now i have to get onto topps for a photo of him signing it if they have one as that would be great for authentication to have with it!!!
Trade List Wishlist

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 12/13 · Next Topic »
Add Reply