Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
20 packs opened NOTHING!
Topic Started: May 22 2013, 04:45 AM (1,845 Views)
K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi everyone,

Bought a box + starter off ebay from this seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330913038389?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_253wt_932

I got the item today and was surprised to see that the packs were taken out of the box and taped together (instead of the packs being inside the fully sealed box). Needless to say 50 packs + the starter kit were there as expected. I sorted each of the pack types (by player) and opened a few of each of them. Then I decided to open all of the Pirlo packs just to see what would happen.

After opening 20 packs from the box so far, I HAVE NOT PULLED ONE foil insert card (Master, Top Master, Goal stopper, or Fans Favorite). Have pulled plenty of rising stars/star players. I'm really not happy about this. Surely 20 packs in, I would have pulled at least one foil insert

The seller looks to have a great feedback record. But I'm thinking they somehow tampered with the packs or opened then resealed them.

I'm not sure what to do. I haven't opened the other 30 packs yet. I want to write to the seller and Panini to see what they say.

Has anyone had a similar experience or could give me some advice?

thanks!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Hell make it 23 packs, none of the starter packs had foil inserts either
Posted Image

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Definately something up with this Kevin. I have opened 2 boxes of this stuff and got an insert card every 3 to 4 packs.

Typically you get 1 Top Master, 3 or 4 Masters and around 6 or 7 of the Goal Stopper and 6 or 7 of the Fans Favourites in a box.

Did the auction you won state it was for a sealed box?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zabolek
Signature Card
As this seller also seems to have a lot of Limited Editions on sale, I wouldn't be surprised if your 50 packets were taken straight out of the starter pack, in which it's not rare Panini do not put inserts. The picture is misleading but nowhere it says the packets come in a sealed box... :(
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
I emailed the seller asking them why they think I haven't pulled a ***Censored***ing insert yet... I'm curious to see what they will say

If they don't do anything I will file a claim with ebay. The item is "new" leading me on for the box to be sealed. Paypal/ebay always sides with the buyer
Posted Image

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
They just replied, any reason for the all caps?

HI'

THE PACKS WERE TAKEN OUT OF THE BOX TO MAKE THEM EASIER TO PACK AND PREVENT THEM FROM GETTING DAMAGED IN TRANSIT.

THESE COME STRAIGHT FROM THE SUPPLIER IN SEALED PACKETS SO OBVIOUSLY I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH CARDS ARE IN WHICH PACK IT IS JUST POT LUCK

I AVE SOLD A FEW OF THESE AND NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS.

REGARDS ANNETTE

I asked her what I should do? Contact Panini
Posted Image

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Still typing in all caps lol

"HI'

SOMETIMES THERE ARE PACKING ERRORS ON THE PRODUCTION LINE BUT IT IS VERY RARE.
I HAVE HAD PACKETS WITH 9 CARDS IN THEM AND SOME WITH 5
IF YOU CONTACT PANINI AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.

REGARDS ANNETTE"

errors in the production line. Why can't I pull 5 master in one pack then? :fing
Posted Image

klarco
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
the name is sammelmaus of the seller? if yes, i have purchase few times last years and no probs...
Posted Image
https://plus.google.com/photos/112967219990911021858/albums?banner=pwa
EBAY STORE ID KLARCO1983
GOOD BYE LEGENDARY CAPITANO ! JAVIER ZANETTI#4

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
No ^^^ The seller's user ID can be seen by clicking on the link in the top post

That guy is a bad seller too, he is known for tampering with packs. In mine and several other people's experiences he takes all of the hits out of packs
Posted Image

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Can the hits be found using the method Andy put on You Tube for the Champions League cards? Perhaps this is what they have done?

if not then I think I'd guess they are from starter packs as mentioned above, I think the hit rates on these packs are a lot lower than from the boxes.

Why is packing easier when they are not in the box, unless it is to get around the new royal mail size issues.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

wille9
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Does Andy have a account on this forum?
My feedback page:http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7127107/1/
My wishlist:http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7117107/1/#new
I COLLECT CHELSEA CARDS AND STICKERS. IF YOU HAVE ANY PLEASE PM ME

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Tollyman
May 22 2013, 01:51 PM
Why is packing easier when they are not in the box, unless it is to get around the new royal mail size issues.
I thought the same thing too. They probably took the packs out so they could get around the size issues.

Either way this is garbage, I'm trying find someone here that has a call card to the UK to call Panini. But I think this seller is the one who is being a complete tool. Plus there is no reason for the all caps from them. Even I typed normal to them
Posted Image

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
I bought a call-card through pennytalk for $10. Its just a penny per minute to call to the UK. Not exactly thrilled about wasting that kind of money for just 1 call

I called Panini directly and they said they aren't responsible for anything sold on ebay. I told them how gutted I was by this. They are going to have someone call me tomorrow

In the meantime I'm going to contact the seller and tell them whats going on, then tell them to chill with the all caps. I'm the one who should be typing all caps
Posted Image

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
wille9
May 22 2013, 01:58 PM
Does Andy have a account on this forum?
Yep, he was a mod but left to setup his own forum, his account has now been closed (at his request).

wille9
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, what a shame, he is a very nice person, i have traded with him sometimes on Youtube and he is a epic trader
My feedback page:http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7127107/1/
My wishlist:http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7117107/1/#new
I COLLECT CHELSEA CARDS AND STICKERS. IF YOU HAVE ANY PLEASE PM ME

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
In case the seller doesn't resolve your issue an "item not as described" claim could be an option assuming you paid via paypal.

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
But he opened all the packs, I really do not think "item not as described" will help.

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
SlimShady(srb)
May 23 2013, 11:16 AM
But he opened all the packs, I really do not think "item not as described" will help.
I opened all the packs? Thats news to me. I get what you're saying though

The seller actually responded saying they will give me a bunch of inserts, which is nice. I'm also going to call Panini again today and see what they say. The seller also happens to be a major distributor of Panini products so I guess she will contact them as well

Posted Image

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
K-Schwein
May 23 2013, 01:27 PM
SlimShady(srb)
I opened all the packs? Thats news to me. I get what you're saying though

The seller actually responded saying they will give me a bunch of inserts, which is nice. I'm also going to call Panini again today and see what they say. The seller also happens to be a major distributor of Panini products so I guess she will contact them as well

The seller is not a major distributor of Panini items. Click are the exclusive distributors to Panini in the UK.

Don't expect Panini to do anything as they won't be able to. To guarantee you are getting a proper sealed box you should make sure you are buying a proper sealed box, may sound a bit harsh but ebay is full of sellers selling packets containing not what you want.

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Agreed with Phil, you should have read description though,and buy a box instead.
You are buying what is described ,not what you want to get, its harsh but its true what Phil said above.

TAYLOR1248
Member Avatar
101 Card
Anything you buy on eBay doesn't really have a guarantee unless specified.
Either ways there is no proof and that's exactly what eBay will say and if the seller has more than 500 sales then eBay will side with them 9/10.

In the future buy from a solid source that's the best thing to do.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
TAYLOR1248
May 23 2013, 03:05 PM
Either ways there is no proof and that's exactly what eBay will say and if the seller has more than 500 sales then eBay will side with them 9/10.

ebay do not always side with seller, more often than not they side with buyer including cases where buyer is blatantly ripping of seller, trust me i've had it done to me more than once and I have over 20000 positives.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Phild
May 23 2013, 03:10 PM
TAYLOR1248

ebay do not always side with seller, more often than not they side with buyer including cases where buyer is blatantly ripping of seller, trust me i've had it done to me more than once and I have over 20000 positives.
I've found that if a buyer sticks to their guns in a dispute they will win over the seller.

I had one guy who said he had recieved an empty package despite collecting and signing for it at the post office! It was a full match attax binder with all limiteds which would have weighed a lot.

I said he shouldn't have signed for an empty torn/open jiffy bag that obviously had nothing in it! He said he didn't notice as he collected several other items and didn't know what should have been it it so wasn't aware it should have been heavy.

His story was just about plausible and he won the dispute depite it being pretty obvious he had just pocketed the cards. luckily it was special delivery and I go the money back but was a hassle and principle of it.

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
SlimShady(srb)
May 23 2013, 02:12 PM
Agreed with Phil, you should have read description though,and buy a box instead.
I did read the description before I bought the item. Seeing the words "full box" and "new" should imply that packs are indeed new and untampered with

Just got off the phone with Panini, here's what they are doing about it

Posted Image

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
May 23 2013, 04:03 PM
Phild
May 23 2013, 03:10 PM
TAYLOR1248

I've found that if a buyer sticks to their guns in a dispute they will win over the seller.

I had one guy who said he had recieved an empty package despite collecting and signing for it at the post office! It was a full match attax binder with all limiteds which would have weighed a lot.

I said he shouldn't have signed for an empty torn/open jiffy bag that obviously had nothing in it! He said he didn't notice as he collected several other items and didn't know what should have been it it so wasn't aware it should have been heavy.

His story was just about plausible and he won the dispute depite it being pretty obvious he had just pocketed the cards. luckily it was special delivery and I go the money back but was a hassle and principle of it.
I had problems with someone not long ago who I am convinced is a rival seller, I know he got the items he purchased as he told me before putting a claim in against me, left me 6 negatives and 1 neutral, ebay were uselsss and didn't care despite the evidence against him.

He also tried it with a couple of other sellers and got away with it.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
K-Schwein
May 23 2013, 04:10 PM
SlimShady(srb)
May 23 2013, 02:12 PM
I did read the description before I bought the item. Seeing the words "full box" and "new" should imply that packs are indeed new and untampered with

Just got off the phone with Panini, here's what they are doing about it

This is ebay though, big difference between 'full box' and 'sealed box'

I got done a few years ago when I brought some baseball cards from the US, managed to get my money back in the end, lesson learned the hard way though.

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
SlimShady(srb)
The box is described as "brand new" but clearly the packs have been previously searched or tampered with in some way so I would think there's a case to be made that the "item is not as described", seeing as how there's nothing in the listing about the evident tampering.
Edited by Futbol_Cards, May 23 2013, 10:07 PM.

TAYLOR1248
Member Avatar
101 Card
Had a really bad experience overall with eBay.
I only use to sell in the uk and this one French member was buying my items worth 40 -50 each and not paying for them and then sending me messages saying I can't sell football cards on eBay lol he then even went as far as sending me a whole message about how the uk is really bad and French people will eventually rule us.
That part amused me but I ended up with a whole page of unpaid items worth 200.
So I complained to eBay and they ended up closing my account and my paypal.

I then contacted paypal and they said I cannot use the site as I'm transfering large amounts of cash trying to fraud there system.

At that point I felt sick it's not nice being accused, abused an treated like rubbish.
I just gave up in the end they took the french guys side just because he had over 1k rating.
That's my opinion but I'm almost certain that was the case
Edited by TAYLOR1248, May 23 2013, 10:56 PM.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Futbol_Cards
May 23 2013, 10:00 PM
SlimShady(srb)
The box is described as "brand new" but clearly the packs have been previously searched or tampered with in some way so I would think there's a case to be made that the "item is not as described", seeing as how there's nothing in the listing about the evident tampering.
The packs are brand new though and it is 50 packs so effectively a full box, seller is not incorrectly describing item.

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
I think failure to describe the tampering should/would see ebay/paypal side with the buyer in the case of a filed claim.
Edited by Futbol_Cards, May 25 2013, 07:51 PM.

MA!CCFC98
CCFC
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is disgracefull i surpose its a lesson learnt allways buy from aproved sellers!
My Best Cards!
My Tradelsit
Pm Me To Arrange A Trade Dont Be Shy;)
Posted Image
Player Collections: Willie Carr Robbie Keane

laurence107
i-card
[ *  * ]
OP bought off this seller last season. Same trick. They strip out the boosters from the binders (that don't have the valuable insert cards) and send them out. Same excuse. I kicked up a stink and got a refund. Shameful seller!!

K-Schwein
Member Avatar
Signature Card
The seller sent me the inserts I was owed but definitely wouldn't buy from again

Thanks for the input!
Posted Image

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
the binder packs do have inserts.

what the seller has done is set the box out and split the packs into piles, when they find one with a shiney insert they then take all the packs with the same pic and get all the inserts.

i done this with 5 boxes as an experiment before opening the rest of the packs.
Please check out my pictured set at -
Italy set fully pictured Rangers set fully pictured
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

TRADING FEEDBACK - PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK HERE

KMoran28
Member Avatar
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The binder packs do have inserts, i got a Messi Top master in the starter pack i purchased
UK Based Collector

Feedback: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7161248/1/#new

Trade List: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7159664/1/?x=0#post8248876

Wishlist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7161293/1/#new

Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrw7VG9ACY4DNuqC2ZY7WqQ

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Road to World Cup (Brazil) Adrenalyn XL · Next Topic »
Add Reply