Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fake Futera Cards; Fake Futera Cards
Topic Started: Aug 2 2013, 11:27 AM (2,865 Views)
placeforpeas
i-card
[ *  * ]
I know this goes on and on and mods lock it, but can we get this sorted once and for all. I've spent over 500 on these cards and now I'm beginning to have doubts.

JERSEY CARDS :

In terms of jersey cards : There is no way you should publish cards and be as ambiguous to say "it's from the ???? season". Come on Futera you're a big company, you need to establish and print the exact source of how you obtained the card and the EXACT match it was played in for EVERY jersey card and print it on the back of the card, it's just common sense, and I as the consumer would like to know the back story of how the shirt was obtained along with any guarantors.

There's a card on ebay at the moment as we speak, one is a Diego Maradona shirt used in the 1994 world cup (I know again very ambiguous) My Webpage Have you seen the shirts Argentina wore in that world cup?!? My Webpage1 They look very different, to me I'd say it looks more like a shirt they worn in '86 or '90.

AUTOGRAPHS :

There is a photo of a man with Joe Hart is he also be the same guy pictured with Van persie the day Manchester united won the title 3 months AFTER Futera 2013 were released? 'The Sun' newspaper published the photo of Van Persie.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've spent a lot of money. I'd like more solid / professional assurances.

What are your opinions? Would Futera be open to a trading standards investigation?
Edited by placeforpeas, Aug 2 2013, 11:55 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't get into Futera debates as I don't collect the cards for my own reasons but to answer a couple of the above. The seller with the Neymar card is stating the card he is selling #011 of however many it was is Neymars shirt number not part of the number on the shirt he wore in that game.

Also the pictures of the person don't look the same to me at all even allowing for his face to be blanked out

placeforpeas
i-card
[ *  * ]
Fair enough, I'll edit the Neymar part, thanks for the reply, what about the Maradona shirt?

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've deliberately stayed out of the shirts side of thing as I've never been a huge collector of match-worn shirts. I only have 3 or 4 in my collection and they've been given to me by the player, but I struggle to ever see differences between match-worns and retail replicas. However, given that they're only s***Censored***s of a shirt it seems to me that they should be real (if they were in fakes why wouldn't they just get an entire replica shirt and do it as a redemption thing?). If you have a doubt though then be careful and err on the side of caution.

Certainly with the autographs the majority of what I've seen have been dubious and proof photos don't ever show too much anyway (I know of a completely separate company that have taken photos of my friend getting stuff signed and used that for their own items, so I never really trust photo proof unless I know who it is in the photo anyway). A lot of the Futera defenders on here don't seem to appreciate how consistent autographs can be despite the comparisons I've posted in the past. Certainly the RVP 3 months after the release seems a bit dodgy?

I remember reading at one point on here that Futera simply hired out "autograph collectors" to get the cards signed on their behalf, rather than doing private signings or using actual employees. Obviously Futera don't have complete knowledge of what goes on with these people and surely they might end up just accepting whatever comes back to them. I don't know who they actually employed but if they're from Manchester I'm sure some of my autograph collecting friends from up there will be able to recognise these people.

I've no idea if Trading Standards applies to this, but certainly it's concerning if the proof is starting to fall down. I wonder if this is merely a rogue batch as in the past dodgy cards have been confined to criminals actually making fake cards but it certainly makes for interesting reading.
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

free3830
i-card
[ *  * ]
the guy is different person

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
That's what I mean - whether they're hiring out teams of autograph collectors to do it for them or not.
Posted Image

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
For the umpteenth time.....

Futera EMPLOYEE their own staff to collect the autos.

NOT agents or any other type of 3rd Party.

Perhaps you could apply for a job, then you'd know they were genuine!!!
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Nevertheless it is still unprofessional to go around like any other autograph collector to get things done for such a large company. It appears that there may be a rogue employee if this is the case?
Posted Image

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
I cant see how its going around like any other collector?

looks like arranged meetings at hotels from the pics, arranged to meet before a dinner event etc. its normal for the player to be paid to show up somewhere like a hotel and do signings and i dont mean for futera.

i dont think futera would be crazy enough to try fake so many things.

there are many ways to obtain shirts aswell. if you check most team websites especially lower league etc you can find player sponsorship deals that get you a match worn shirt.
Please check out my pictured set at -
Italy set fully pictured Rangers set fully pictured
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

TRADING FEEDBACK - PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK HERE

placeforpeas
i-card
[ *  * ]
Although I'm not always logged in, I am lurking on these forums since I found this site, and I'll check on posts and replies at least for the next couple of days, sorry if you have direct questions for me, I may not choose to log in and reply, but be assured I've read your replies. Just wanted immediate answers to my concerns.

If Futera are willing to take one of us members to go with them and blog about the next Messi shirt that they obtain I'm sure they'll find a few members willing to do so for free.... Or the next player autograph session.

No-one have any views on the Maradona shirt for this years collection???

I've decided I'm going to sell my collection.

placeforpeas
i-card
[ *  * ]
ofb1988
Aug 2 2013, 07:29 PM
I cant see how its going around like any other collector?

looks like arranged meetings at hotels from the pics, arranged to meet before a dinner event etc. its normal for the player to be paid to show up somewhere like a hotel and do signings and i dont mean for futera.

i dont think futera would be crazy enough to try fake so many things.

there are many ways to obtain shirts aswell. if you check most team websites especially lower league etc you can find player sponsorship deals that get you a match worn shirt.
I present to you how Topps do their signings :

My Webpage

I present to you how icons.com do their signings (please scroll down for "signing gallery" section) :

My Webpage1

I present to you how Futera do their signings (players look pretty oblivious as to having signed or what's going on...... just an observation)...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
And look at the prices for the icons stuff!!!

249 for a poster in a 5 frame!!

Now you know why Futera collect the autos as they do.

Can't see them selling many packs of cards at 300 a pack!

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Pricing is irrelevant, not every pack has an autograph in it. Also worth noting that a 16x12 photo is many times more valuable than a card and so it will obviously sell at a higher price. Icons turn a huge huge profit on those prices.
Posted Image

placeforpeas
i-card
[ *  * ]
Tollyman
Aug 2 2013, 09:05 PM

Don't see your argument here?!? You only seem to be making my case stronger.....

I'd rather pay twice the going rate to get the assurances I seek. Card collecting for most of us is a hobby and price is irrelevant, we just want to know that when it's in our display case it's 1000% authentic, NO DOUBTS. I genuinely would brake ebay records if I was 100% sure a card I was buying was a Messi match worn jersey patch (like comic book guy from 'The Simpsons' this is my newly discovered passion / hobby (as sad as that sounds)).

You seem to have neglected the very reasonable pricing link that I provided regarding the Topps cards, I'll eneter it here 50 for an Alan Shearer or Rio Ferdinand card My Webpage you've concentrated on icons.com, please don't pick and choose which aspects of my post you'd like to comment on if it only corroborates you're stance / position / view-point, I think a fair and balanced view is the way to approach this, ALL or nothing please. Also the resounding silence regarding my Maradona shirt question is DEAFENING!!!!!!!!!

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
these arguements will always exist. i can understand why people see these things as they do. i must say tho wasnt there a post here a few weeks ago showing topps card signed by a ufc fighter to be faked?

i dont know much about autos to be honest but i do know enough about business to sense that there is a big fan base of futera, someone would have clicked or leaked it by now if fake. also they are putting themselves at risk of court cases for forgery id guess.
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've been saying it for quite a while now, Futera are a very shady company.

I'm fairly confident they've produced fake autos in the past. To be fair, some of them do appear to be genuine but I get the felling the fake signatures outnumber the real ones. As for the jersey cards, based on what their autos look like, I wouldn't be surprised if they just take a retail replica shirt and cut it up to insert the swatches into their cards.
Edited by Futbol_Cards, Aug 2 2013, 09:54 PM.

placeforpeas
i-card
[ *  * ]
ofb1988
Aug 2 2013, 09:52 PM
these arguements will always exist. i can understand why people see these things as they do. i must say tho wasnt there a post here a few weeks ago showing topps card signed by a ufc fighter to be faked?

i dont know much about autos to be honest but i do know enough about business to sense that there is a big fan base of futera, someone would have clicked or leaked it by now if fake. also they are putting themselves at risk of court cases for forgery id guess.
I totally agree with you. The only way you'd be 100% sure would be to obtain it yourself.

In terms of putting themselves at risk, I don't know..... Who do the little guys like us go to if we have a doubt? I don't know BBC1 Watchdog?....

I'm going to log out now tollyman, I could see you've been writing a post for the last 25 mins but have yet to publish, I kept refreshing the page to see if you posted....

Reading through your previous posts I can tell that I'm not going to change your views, nor was that my attention, but I do think some on here do choose to ignore suspicious / weird things like picture proofs that I've posted...

Anyway the bottom line is (for me) if in doubt sell.....

Thanks for your reply today guys, happy collecting.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
placeforpeas
Aug 2 2013, 09:25 PM
Tollyman
Aug 2 2013, 09:05 PM

Don't see your argument here?!? You only seem to be making my case stronger.....

I'd rather pay twice the going rate to get the assurances I seek. Card collecting for most of us is a hobby and price is irrelevant, we just want to know that when it's in our display case it's 1000% authentic, NO DOUBTS. I genuinely would brake ebay records if I was 100% sure a card I was buying was a Messi match worn jersey patch (like comic book guy from 'The Simpsons' this is my newly discovered passion / hobby (as sad as that sounds)).

You seem to have neglected the very reasonable pricing link that I provided regarding the Topps cards, I'll eneter it here 50 for an Alan Shearer or Rio Ferdinand card My Webpage you've concentrated on icons.com, please don't pick and choose which aspects of my post you'd like to comment on if it only corroborates you're stance / position / view-point, I think a fair and balanced view is the way to approach this, ALL or nothing please. Also the resounding silence regarding my Maradona shirt question is DEAFENING!!!!!!!!!
I comment on what I know about, I don't guess or speculate on things I have no knowledge, I've no idea how topps can sell autos signed in a session for 60 so how can i comment? I can't afford to spend days of my time trying to find out just to please you!

Out of interest why didn't you buy the topps ones in the first place?

Futera have shown pictures of many of the cards being signed when asked to. But of course even though they are with the player and show the cards it's speculated that they then go away and fake some!! Why would they when they were with the player and have the cards to hand? however if that's what you believe then fine that's your choice.

If that is what companies do then how do we know icons haven't faked another 500 shirts/posters/boots once Ronaldo left? Just because you see him signing 20 in a video. Must being tempting at 559 each! How do we know Topps haven't got 3000 faked singed cards made after the players left the session? Perhaps that's why they can sell them cheaply? I don't think they do but you can't guarantee they didn't. Feel free to hand over your cash though.

If you want to really know you are getting a 10000% genuine signed card then take a base card and get it signed yourself for free! Paying twice or ten times over the odds won't guarantee anything.

As for the Van Persie cards, are you complaining about fakes or futera producing similar auto cards? Obviously they can't be futera 2013 if the picture was taken in june 2013. I assume they are latest fwf redemption autos. If I'm not mistaken the early fwf redemption autos were similar to the futera 2012 autos.

No idea about Maradona shirt, haven't even looked at your accusation. I have more important things to do that spend even more of my time investigating.

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
placeforpeas
Aug 2 2013, 10:00 PM
ofb1988
Aug 2 2013, 09:52 PM

I totally agree with you. The only way you'd be 100% sure would be to obtain it yourself.

In terms of putting themselves at risk, I don't know..... Who do the little guys like us go to if we have a doubt? I don't know BBC1 Watchdog?....

I'm going to log out now tollyman, I could see you've been writing a post for the last 25 mins but have yet to publish, I kept refreshing the page to see if you posted....

Reading through your previous posts I can tell that I'm not going to change your views, nor was that my attention, but I do think some on here do choose to ignore suspicious / weird things like picture proofs that I've posted...

Anyway the bottom line is (for me) if in doubt sell.....

Thanks for your reply today guys, happy collecting.
there are companies im sure can certify autographs.

as for the autos and being signed after a set is released etc.

i won a redemption online and it was 1/30.........usually its 1/55 etc. maybe there do differant signing sessions/runs.

each to there own but i myself wont get embroiled in a war of words over sigs. i have 2 sigs left, malouda and adam, im happy with them. i have around 30 memo cards. again im happy with them.

if the collector is happy thats all that counts. in my opinion
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

placeforpeas
i-card
[ *  * ]
Final log in because I couldn't resist logging back.

I didn't make any accusations about the Maradona shirt just asked for peoples opinions on what match worn jesrsey they thought it was from in the 1994 world, admittedly I didn't word it like that but perhaps if you do find the time you'd have a look.

I'm not going to say anything about the Van Persie cards, I've written what I've written and it's open to interpretation, take from it what you will.

Like I said you seem to be a staunch defender of Futera and that's cool. It's just the practice that they use to obtain autographs (which you openly admit to is not as professional as their competitiors) that doesn't sit right with me. They are a big, reputable company, they could easily hold player signings like topps or icons and it would be a lot of doubt to rest. (p.s. Futera cards aren't that cheap either!!!).

As for why I don't buy Topps in the first place.

Posted Image

Like I said I've spent over 500 on Futera won't post the cards here but they'll be on ebay very soon.
Edited by placeforpeas, Aug 2 2013, 10:37 PM.

Futbol_Cards
Member Avatar
Tollyman
Aug 2 2013, 10:03 PM
If that is what companies do then how do we know icons haven't faked another 500 shirts/posters/boots once Ronaldo left? Just because you see him signing 20 in a video. Must being tempting at 559 each! How do we know Topps haven't got 3000 faked singed cards made after the players left the session? Perhaps that's why they can sell them cheaply? I don't think they do but you can't guarantee they didn't. Feel free to hand over your cash though.
Because, unlike Futera, there is a consistency to Topps autographed cards. You can tell they were all penned by the same hand.

Even if only 4 or 5 are signed on video the rest tend to match up with the proven on-video authentic signatures.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
I think everyone keeps missing a big part of autographs - even photo proof is pointless for the reasons Tollyman gave (how do we know that there isn't just 1 authentic and hundreds of fakes?)

Study the autographs. Learn how they sign.

If they vary that much then you can get a pretty good idea.

Yes, autographs vary. Look at hundreds of signatures from each player. I've done that for many players and learnt what their signatures look like. Variances such as what we've seen in some of these cards aren't part of this.
Posted Image

futera2012
CR+Messi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After all, it is just a piece of card with either jersey or an autograph. There are only a few companies who make those for fans. If anyone thinks certain cards are fake, why not just leave it alone? Icons' Messi Autos are nice, anyone has it? let me know :)
Please NO PM, Email is preferred
Cards I COLLECT: Futera / UD C.R, Messi & Ronaldinho Autographs
Cards I SELL : FUTERA CR, MESSI, Beckham, Kaka Jersey Card with all color variations
Contact via Email: yongedisonzhang@163.com
Album: http://xiangce.baidu.com/u/2433748742

BVB4Life
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
futera2012
Aug 6 2013, 03:30 PM
After all, it is just a piece of card with either jersey or an autograph. There are only a few companies who make those for fans. If anyone thinks certain cards are fake, why not just leave it alone? Icons' Messi Autos are nice, anyone has it? let me know :)
YOU for President for this post and some others here. I only just laugh about you guys meanwhile

klarco
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
placeforpeas
Aug 2 2013, 11:27 AM

There's a card on ebay at the moment as we speak, one is a Diego Maradona shirt used in the 1994 world cup (I know again very ambiguous) My Webpage Have you seen the shirts Argentina wore in that world cup?!? My Webpage1 They look very different, to me I'd say it looks more like a shirt they worn in '86 or '90.

very good point. it's quite strange.
I think it's more an 70 80 's jersey...but not in WC 1994
Posted Image
https://plus.google.com/photos/112967219990911021858/albums?banner=pwa
EBAY STORE ID KLARCO1983
GOOD BYE LEGENDARY CAPITANO ! JAVIER ZANETTI#4

dimaspirlo
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Never ending topics :)
please check,always update :
my picasa album
my tradelist
my wishlist
my feedback
collection : all about milan, andrea pirlo, and all calcio team

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
The last post on this thread was about a week ago, it HAD ended ;)
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
I thought I'd just dump a load of articles from other places onto here for reference; the other forum that I'm a member of requires you to be a member to read (much like the recent collections on here) and so I can't link to it:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/551163-beware-futeras-fake-soccer-autos.html
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=102049 (suggesting the cards themselves may be fake?)
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/488309-2013-futera-unique.html
http://soccercardsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/2013-futera-unique-brings-with-it-more.html
Posted Image

authenticautographcollector
i-card
[ *  * ]
I have something that I would like to add to this argument, there is a seller on ebay, who won't be named and shamed, who sells autographs as a living but there's a scam that he consistently performs. Lets just say that Juventus are in town, then he gets a photo with Buffon, he will get some photos signed and show one in the picture or 'photo proof with the player'. However, the actual one that he sells, won't be this exact photo or signature, he'll trick you into thinking you are getting an original, but he's just duplicated the photo and performed a forgery. I think that one person has got the card signed for themselves, showed the photo proof and made you all believe its real. Remember be careful!

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Well that has nothing to do with Futera discussion topic for sure.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Not sure if you've read the thread but we're talking about autographs? The whole idea was that not even photo proof would prove anything and so the only real defence people have been citing isn't that reliable. Read the topics I posted too perhaps?
Posted Image

i-card
[ *  * ]
SlimShady(srb)
Aug 13 2013, 01:11 PM
mate, I was on about photo proof and not ebay itself, I think I know far more than you about autographs and about getting the real deal. If you want to consistently end up buying fake signed cards, then feel free at any time.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ashleyyoungFTW
Aug 13 2013, 01:17 PM
Not sure if you've read the thread but we're talking about autographs? The whole idea was that not even photo proof would prove anything and so the only real defence people have been citing isn't that reliable. Read the topics I posted too perhaps?
Topic is Fake Futera cards so maybe a discussion on autographs in general should be done elsewhere on the forum.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Aug 13 2013, 01:19 PM
SlimShady(srb)
mate, I was on about photo proof and not ebay itself, I think I know far more than you about autographs and about getting the real deal. If you want to consistently end up buying fake signed cards, then feel free at any time.
You may or may not know more about autographs than anyone else, who knows but is there any need for the arrogant tone in your reply ?

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
The statement about the eBay seller is a brave one to make and your basically slandering someone's business without concrete evidence are you not? Maybe a Variety of photos were signed? It's better to have a wider product portfolio than just 1 product. Some fans will even buy one of each varient.

My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
SlimShady(srb)
I never called myself an autograph expert. As the matter a fact my knowledge of autograph collecting is really low.
The only thing I use is logic and common sense. I guess that is something you do not use, since you posted a comment that is not related to the topic. My question is why are you doing that ? Open autograph topic and play smart ass expert there. This is Futera topic. There are plenty of autograph forum as well. This is football cards forum ,so I think you guys should keep focused on cards.

Everyone are experts!

I think nobody here should claim anything without a proof.

So, you think its fake ? Bring a proof. You think its real deal ? Prove it. It is never ending discussion like this.
Edited by SlimShady(srb), Aug 13 2013, 02:16 PM.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ofb1988
Aug 13 2013, 02:09 PM
The statement about the eBay seller is a brave one to make and your basically slandering someone's business without concrete evidence are you not? Maybe a Variety of photos were signed? It's better to have a wider product portfolio than just 1 product. Some fans will even buy one of each varient.

We know the seller in question that we're talking about, he's told us what he does.
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
SlimShady(srb)
Aug 13 2013, 02:13 PM
SlimShady(srb)
I never called myself an autograph expert. As the matter a fact my knowledge of autograph collecting is really low.<br />The only thing I use is logic and common sense. I guess that is something you do not use, since you posted a comment that is not related to the topic. My question is why are you doing that ? Open autograph topic and play smart ass expert there. This is Futera topic. There are plenty of autograph forum as well. This is football cards forum ,so I think you guys should keep focused on cards.<br /><br />Everyone are experts!
We were responding to the proof photos that Futera use which in fact is relevant to Futera fakes. My previous post with the list of links was also directly related to that.
Posted Image

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
Who is "we"
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

i-card
[ *  * ]
well, if this is the whole purpose of discussing futera cards, then i'd like to see some images or pics of your so believed cards, as I can then determine whether they or real or not. Considering, I know a lot about originally signed and non authentic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Football Unique 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply