Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Announce Premier League Premium Set; New set to launch in December 2013
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:33 PM (15,652 Views)
Sir Roger Hunt
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Couldn't see if this had been posted. Can't create a new main topic - so here it goes.

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/08/first-look-2013-14-topps-premier-gold-english-premier-league-soccer-cards/

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Dsilva21
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
Dorking
Jan 1 2014, 07:50 PM
Just about every Crystal Palace jersey and auto card is Yannick Bolasie, and ebay seems to be flooded with them!!
Same for Man City with joe :rant but like portlaw said above about the quad only being bolasie i feel thats quite unique really. And Phil if you get any updates tomorrow about Uk release i would love to hear about it i would appreciate it very much. :cheers

KarlHungus
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
JZX100
Jan 1 2014, 05:04 AM
Thank you for the quick reply Portlaw, So around 200-300 odd unnumbered autographs for those 6 players?

With 887 cases wouldn't that be a tad overkill or would you expect this release to be sold out?
I don't have any knowledge or experience with Topps MLS products, but I would say that the current prices paid for single cards on Ebay are a little high if you would compare it with other non-football/soccer products - which is not that weird as this is the first high end licensed (European) football product in a very long time. It's like this is the product where everyone has been saving the money for in the last couple of years :-)

If the prices stay this high, especially for Ronaldo, Gerrard, Bale and probably Pele autographs, this product will never get dumped and will be sold out soon, because there would be too much value in it. If prices drop significantly, for example because too many Cristiano Ronaldo autographs turn up, things will be different. As you say, 200-300 unnumbered autographs is quite a lot. It's almost unimaginable that prices will not drop after all collectors with enough money have picked up the unnumbered autograph/relic cards that they are after. Not to speak of the thousands of unnumbered relic cards that will soon sell for almost nothing.

If you are thinking about buying a box/case for your PC, I think it's safe to wait a little longer. There are not so many different inserts in this set and not so many cards that will be hunted down, so I don't see the price of boxes/cases increase while supply decreases. If you want to buy a box/case for reselling the separate cards, I wouldn't wait any longer.

I have understood that Topps has a reputation of dumping its MLS products after a while. I can't compare these products with Topps Premier Gold, but it would surprise me if the last one would not be more successful and would therefore follow a little different path.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dsilva21
Jan 1 2014, 09:33 PM
Dorking
Just about every Crystal Palace jersey and auto card is Yannick Bolasie, and ebay seems to be flooded with them!!
Same for Man City with joe :rant but like portlaw said above about the quad only being bolasie i feel thats quite unique really. And Phil if you get any updates tomorrow about Uk release i would love to hear about it i would appreciate it very much. :cheers
Apparantely expected delivery here in UK is Jan 7th which is pretty poor to be honest
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dsilva21
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
Phild
Jan 2 2014, 10:45 AM
Dsilva21
Dorking
Apparantely expected delivery here in UK is Jan 7th which is pretty poor to be honest
Feels like forever ha ha well at least we have an idea now i doubt we will be getting to much here though thanks for the update though phil. :cheers

maartinsextra
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KarlHungus
Jan 1 2014, 10:21 PM
JZX100
Jan 1 2014, 05:04 AM
Thank you for the quick reply Portlaw, So around 200-300 odd unnumbered autographs for those 6 players?

With 887 cases wouldn't that be a tad overkill or would you expect this release to be sold out?
I don't have any knowledge or experience with Topps MLS products, but I would say that the current prices paid for single cards on Ebay are a little high if you would compare it with other non-football/soccer products - which is not that weird as this is the first high end licensed (European) football product in a very long time. It's like this is the product where everyone has been saving the money for in the last couple of years :-)

If the prices stay this high, especially for Ronaldo, Gerrard, Bale and probably Pele autographs, this product will never get dumped and will be sold out soon, because there would be too much value in it. If prices drop significantly, for example because too many Cristiano Ronaldo autographs turn up, things will be different. As you say, 200-300 unnumbered autographs is quite a lot. It's almost unimaginable that prices will not drop after all collectors with enough money have picked up the unnumbered autograph/relic cards that they are after. Not to speak of the thousands of unnumbered relic cards that will soon sell for almost nothing.

If you are thinking about buying a box/case for your PC, I think it's safe to wait a little longer. There are not so many different inserts in this set and not so many cards that will be hunted down, so I don't see the price of boxes/cases increase while supply decreases. If you want to buy a box/case for reselling the separate cards, I wouldn't wait any longer.

I have understood that Topps has a reputation of dumping its MLS products after a while. I can't compare these products with Topps Premier Gold, but it would surprise me if the last one would not be more successful and would therefore follow a little different path.
You got the point! Price for the cards are high because everyone wants to get them! This is first relise in long time! Michael Jordan autographs were really expensive 6-7 years ago but now UD got license for his autographs and they put his autoes in products werever they can so price for his autographs are dropped 10 times! Same as Panini are doing with Kobe Bryant! They are overfluding market with his autographs and now its though to sell them for 100$ but 5 years ago his autographs went for 500$+! So if they keep producing more and more autoes from same players value will drop but if next year they make this again and put other player autographs then value will stay!

So if they dont make too many of them the value will stay!

clem132
100 Club
do we know how many base cards of each have been produced

also how base cards are produced of the Relics & Star Players

stevesmith
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Phild
Jan 2 2014, 10:45 AM
Dsilva21
Dorking
i was expecting to hear from the supplier today, Phil do you think they could be getting their supply from the same people as the forum case break and not direct from topps? that would explain the higher price also.
TRADE LIST

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
As far as I know they are coming direct from Topps in the US, they are saying 7th to be safe with the dates but it could realistically be anytime.
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Am I right in thinking that even the base cards (or base-like subsets or something) are limited to small numbers? I'm still struggling to understand how this collection is made up (are there very limited numbers of packs in general or something?) but they are very nice so I might be tempted to pick up a couple of packs. I just wish the signatures were of more established stars that I hadn't already met 3 or 4 times in most cases :P
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ashleyyoungFTW
Jan 2 2014, 02:40 PM
Am I right in thinking that even the base cards (or base-like subsets or something) are limited to small numbers? I'm still struggling to understand how this collection is made up (are there very limited numbers of packs in general or something?) but they are very nice so I might be tempted to pick up a couple of packs. I just wish the signatures were of more established stars that I hadn't already met 3 or 4 times in most cases :P
If people wanted to enough they could get ANY players signature in person, it may be difficult to get some but it's definitely possible.

With regards to base there are approx. 53220 packs by 4 base cards = 319320 / 200 base cards (i'm excluding the insert cards and parallels)= 1600 approx. base cards of each.

But when you include the insert card such as tough tacklers etc and the parallels that amount of each base card will fall
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So the base cards aren't a limited run? I must have seen some of the insert cards then that were limited to 11 and that sort of thing, it did seem a bit strange to me that the base set would be so limited! They look so nice but I just know I can't afford it :P
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

stevesmith
Signature Card
just checked my emails and should have my boxes saturday or monday,i will let those members who have contacted me for first refusal on certain teams and players know what i have the same day.
TRADE LIST

wille9
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
stevesmith
Jan 2 2014, 08:06 PM
just checked my emails and should have my boxes saturday or monday,i will let those members who have contacted me for first refusal on certain teams and players know what i have the same day.
If you will sell cards, i would be interested in Chelsea cards if no one already bought them. Is that ok?
My feedback page:http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7127107/1/
My wishlist:http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7117107/1/#new
I COLLECT CHELSEA CARDS AND STICKERS. IF YOU HAVE ANY PLEASE PM ME

chris.jlee
Member Avatar
100 Club
Not sure if this has been posted yet but Pele auto here;

Pele auto
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

amigo
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We appreciate all feedback from our customers and will use this information to help us improve our Products and our service. Unfortunately the card mentioned will be considered error cards and Topps will not issue replacements or refunds of any sort for this product. #just got reply about DEFOE error#
Edited by amigo, Jan 2 2014, 10:35 PM.
Goonerz,Oranje Supporter, hablo espaņol

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
A rare triple jersey card and the Guzan swatch is from an outfield jersey, a bitdisappointing :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-TOPPS-PREMIER-GOLD-BRAD-GUZAN-CHRISTIAN-BENTEKE-ALEXSANDAR-TONEV-20-20-/161188819027?pt=US_Soccer_Trading_Cards&hash=item25879a3053

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just seen another Guzan jersey card but this time the jersey patch is Yellow, rather than claret so does anyone know how many could have been made with the claret jersey and how many with the yellow goalkeeper jersey?

Edited by Tankerton1, Jan 3 2014, 10:30 AM.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If anybody sees any decent West Ham cards autos, relics or parallels I would like to know

Cheers!
Youtube name: matchattaxguy11

Link for my channel: Youtube channel

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

soccercardz
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi Sean ...

Have you received any conformation from Blowout Cards for the case? Really excited about the break ... Cheers :)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
soccercardz
Jan 4 2014, 12:42 AM
Hi Sean ...

Have you received any conformation from Blowout Cards for the case? Really excited about the break ... Cheers :)
Yes box shipped today and is scheduled for delivery on the 8th :)
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 4 2014, 01:18 AM.

soccercardz
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Portlaw
Jan 4 2014, 01:03 AM
soccercardz
Jan 4 2014, 12:42 AM
Hi Sean ...

Yes box shipped today and is scheduled for release delivery on the 8th :)

Cheers ... Thank you for the confirmation :)
Edited by soccercardz, Jan 4 2014, 01:12 AM.

Subzero3k
Member Avatar
100 Club
Have anyone this basecards for me?

Hot shots
Fernando torres

Midfield maestros
Frank lampard
Steven gerrard

Tough tacklers
Rio Ferdinand
Posted Image

FORZA BVB

Keep Calm and Love BVB

MY CARDS

CardSwapper1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Anyone care to tell me all the Everton players involved in the set?

JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
So, these patches on the cards are not 'game worn' but 'event worn'? Meaning that the player may have worn this over their shirt etc.. for a small amount of time just to make it event worn? As this is the case, I can't believe that the prices people are paying for the match worn cards. Seems like a case of 'a fool and his money are soon parted', to be fair to the collector it's slightly deceptive the way Topps have worded the authenticity of the patches.

I did collect the Topps MLS cards and the prices did fall dramatically, there was the initial buzz over them so the prices started off higher then pretty much died out with re-sellers not even bothering buying more cases as it wasn't feasible. As it stands there are heaps of cases of MLS, however they have not been dumped onto the market, as yet! It eventually will happen.

I was chatting with a seller from the U.S about how well the Topps MLS premier league has been gong, he informed me that majority of his sales have been from the UK so it would be easy to assume that once these cards are released in the UK the prices will fall as supply will be available for the UK market. A great marketing idea or chance of luck? Even by saying it's a 'UK & US' only release adds that extra element of wanting it now as it may not be available in your region.
Either way the UK market will have their stock soon, so the flow on effect will eventuate (prices will come down). I find it hard to fathom the prices will keep increasing given there are over 800 cases of this (overkill) and with 100's of signature cards of the players and mediocre patch cards.

I could be wrong as some of the prices of the Topps 200 - 2004 hold higher values even though they are limited to /1000 signatures. The again these Topps Premier league signature & jersey cards may end up for sale on the 'Topps Authentics' website in eight years time like the some of the cards from 200-2004 have.

Diegomanutd
U-N-I-T-E-D!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
JZX100
Jan 5 2014, 01:26 AM
So, these patches on the cards are not 'game worn' but 'event worn'? Meaning that the player may have worn this over their shirt etc.. for a small amount of time just to make it event worn? As this is the case, I can't believe that the prices people are paying for the match worn cards. Seems like a case of 'a fool and his money are soon parted', to be fair to the collector it's slightly deceptive the way Topps have worded the authenticity of the patches.

I did collect the Topps MLS cards and the prices did fall dramatically, there was the initial buzz over them so the prices started off higher then pretty much died out with re-sellers not even bothering buying more cases as it wasn't feasible. As it stands there are heaps of cases of MLS, however they have not been dumped onto the market, as yet! It eventually will happen.

I was chatting with a seller from the U.S about how well the Topps MLS premier league has been gong, he informed me that majority of his sales have been from the UK so it would be easy to assume that once these cards are released in the UK the prices will fall as supply will be available for the UK market. A great marketing idea or chance of luck? Even by saying it's a 'UK & US' only release adds that extra element of wanting it now as it may not be available in your region.
Either way the UK market will have their stock soon, so the flow on effect will eventuate (prices will come down). I find it hard to fathom the prices will keep increasing given there are over 800 cases of this (overkill) and with 100's of signature cards of the players and mediocre patch cards.

I could be wrong as some of the prices of the Topps 200 - 2004 hold higher values even though they are limited to /1000 signatures. The again these Topps Premier league signature & jersey cards may end up for sale on the 'Topps Authentics' website in eight years time like the some of the cards from 200-2004 have.
Unnecessary...

JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
Ok no problems buddy, any reason why it was Unnecessary? I would be happy to delete the post if it offends you.

I'm only trying to get to the bottom of this as I have paid some good $$$ for patch cards that don't seem to be game/ match used (yes, I too am a fool).

Diegomanutd
U-N-I-T-E-D!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
JZX100
Jan 5 2014, 02:43 AM
Ok no problems buddy, any reason why it was Unnecessary? I would be happy to delete the post if it offends you.

I'm only trying to get to the bottom of this as I have paid some good $$$ for patch cards that don't seem to be game/ match used (yes, I too am a fool).
No need to delete man. Honestly, you have a very good point, Topps should should improve patch cards but we should all be happy they finally released a EPL product. We should all support them so they continue to make EPL cards.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JZX100
Jan 5 2014, 02:43 AM

Its not that deceptive, topps have been doing it in sports products for years. Why do we want a patch or jersey card from our favourite players or team? I personally want it cause i'm a fan of them and want to collect them for my collection. I've never once thought to myself I want that Guzan card cause he wore it in a match. Honestly I may be the biggest fool of everyone. My proudest cards in my collection are 2 cards of Schmeichel with the Villa crest, you could come up to me and prove that they were not match worn or even event worn but the fact that they have the villa crest is what I love about the card and theres no others like it out there and I wouldn't regret purchasing them for a second.

Of course its nicer to have it match worn and i've done my research on the schmeichel and the only pictures I can find of him in that particular jersey was against united at old trafford so i'm comfortable enough with that. I know i've given a bit of stick over the guzan production error but at the singing he was wearing an outfield jersey so maybe its not a production error at all.

Either way I feel and i'm sure others would obviously prefer all to be match worn but were collecting for the love of something personal to the player or team and not just for the match worn quality

clem132
100 Club
does anyone know if there is a collects album for this product to store cards in ?

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

does anyone know if there is a collects album for this product to store cards in

No I don't think so, most higher end premium collections don't have binders or albums. If you want them safe you could purchase an ultra pro binder or buy top loaders and keep them in a card storing box. All these items you can buy at a moderate price on eBay. :)

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
If anyone sees a 'quad auto book card' please can they post a photo. For curiosity purposes more than anything - I've seen NFL ones, and they fold open and look rather clever, so I've love to see!!

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This collection does not have a quad book unlike other collections unfortunately. The only quad things are relics I think

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

dvsgooner
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
See here: https://picasaweb.google.com/112365187968077081161/TradeOrSellList1?noredirect=1

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Thanks DVSGooner. At least it exists, albeit rare as hens teeth.

EDIT - AYA (on here) is selling one of the ( /5!!) quad autos. Bit out of my league price-wise, but if anyone wants to treat themselves, send him a PM

I Won the quad patch featuring Bolasie last night, so doing okay via ebay at least!
Edited by Dorking, Jan 6 2014, 07:17 PM.

stevesmith
Signature Card
no delivery yet and no word on the cards since thursday,the uk suppliers are just not up to it.
TRADE LIST

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Unfair to blame the suppliers to be honest, problem is the other end from what I can gather, i get the impression the cards are being released in the UK reluctantly.

stevesmith
Signature Card
Phild
Jan 6 2014, 06:11 PM
Unfair to blame the suppliers to be honest, problem is the other end from what I can gather, i get the impression the cards are being released in the UK reluctantly.
i'm not even getiing an update,i dont think you ever dealt with the likes of cards inc or topdraw back when premier gold came out every year they were both spot on and cards inc were big time suppliers but like most things i think ebay killed them off just like some of the manufacturers.
TRADE LIST

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I dealt with Cards inc quite a bit to be honest and have dealt with current suppliers for a few years without any problems which is why I don't blame them for the problems with these cards, they can't give updates as they're not getting any themselves despite trying.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Jan 6 2014, 07:31 PM
I dealt with Cards inc quite a bit to be honest and have dealt with current suppliers for a few years without any problems which is why I don't blame them for the problems with these cards, they can't give updates as they're not getting any themselves despite trying.
Are you getting them direct from a supplier in the US Phil? If so why is there such a delay on the delivery? Or is it that they are being sent to a supplier in the UK and it's them you are having the trouble with?

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Its coming from supplier here, they were expected in week before Christmas but no idea why its taking so long.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply