Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Announce Premier League Premium Set; New set to launch in December 2013
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:33 PM (15,655 Views)
bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Been waiting for a set like this for too long! 10 hits per box is just outstanding!

The checklist looks great and the auto/memorabilia cards look very clean and fresh in design.

Not sure I am looking forward to seeing how much these are going to cost per box...! It says they will be available in the UK, so hopefully Topps will be able to give us some information on the release and the cost etc.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I will have Manchester United please Sean.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Where have you found this info Sean?

With regards to Pele and Ronaldo and the random draw - I gather Ronaldo will be in the Man Utd kit on the card? ;)

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Haha!

Let's wait and see what kits etc the icons are in before we make an agreement. I was just thinking, for instance, if Zola or Ronaldo are in the Chelsea or United kits, I think it should go to the person with that team, as the deal is to get all the cards out of the break for that particular team. Of course Pele won't have an allocated team so that randomising is the fairest way of deciding.

Just got very excited at the thought of a signed Pele card being part of the set, as I will be buying a box (or 2) of these myself as well as joining the case break. Just hope they are released before Christmas then I can get some packs as presents as well.

Seeing Wilshere and Baines on the list for auto's has got me VERY excited too!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Is it not better to buy the case from Topps UK so that we don't get stung with customs?

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Portlaw
Aug 22 2013, 08:48 PM
bibster
Aug 22 2013, 08:44 PM
Is it not better to buy the case from Topps UK so that we don't get stung with customs?
I'm ok with waiting and getting it with them but I would expect the pre sale price of blowout to be alot cheaper than what topps uk will offer it at.

I bought a case of cards from blowout for $750 presale about 4 months before it came out and as it closer to release price rose and upon release it was on sale for $1200 and thats what I'm worried about because if that happens then price will increase massively whereas as if we are hit with customs it's only an extra $5 to each slots total
Ah, I see.

I am thinking, based on the prices currently, that Topps will charge 150 per box, 15 per pack.

We need to get the spots filled then Sean so that we can decide if the box needs to be ordered with Blowout if you think that the price could shoot up nearer the release date. I will try and persevere with Topps to find out if they can confirm cost in the UK and then we can decide between all of us whether to get them from the US or UK.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I tweeted Topps to ask for info on prices etc and got this response:

We are working on the new collection now- the retail prices will be published in the next couple of weeks so please check back!

I also notice that Topps have been having signing sessions with Premier League clubs the last couple of weeks - Cardiff, West Brom and Aston Villa that I know of.

Portlaw - you will be pleased to know Benteke was one of the Villa signers!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by bibster, Aug 28 2013, 07:29 PM.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Not sure Sean, if they are Match Attax, I wonder how they will be distributed...?

Perhaps they were signing cards for both sets, but I can't see that 4 Villa players signed Match Attax will be available in packs, unless they are doing the code redemption thing again with the packs and these are being used as prizes??

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Gutted! :(

Need to arrange getting a box shipped over then...

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Arteta has been signing for Topps today, according to his Twitter.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Portlaw
Dec 27 2013, 04:11 PM
On another note I've made my first purchase #11/11 :653

Posted Image

WOW! :clap

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
That's what I am hoping for Sean! Would be epic if we pulled Ronaldo!

Really looking forward to seeing what hits we get in the case break - hopefully a few people will get some amazing pulls :-)

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Tankerton1
Dec 31 2013, 06:42 PM
The Picture of Pele on the auto card in that auction is of him in his New York Cosmos days, probably to appeal to the american market, i wonder if any have been produced of him in any other kit, other than him in a New York Cosmos shirt?
I doubt it Toby, I would think that this is the only image that will be used on the Pele auto cards in this set.

Looks like it is very hard to pull, as this is the first one that has turned up on ebay. Fingers crossed we get one in the group break!! :)
Edited by bibster, Dec 31 2013, 06:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply