Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Announce Premier League Premium Set; New set to launch in December 2013
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:33 PM (15,894 Views)
Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They will be available in UK and I guess around Europe so be very careful before buying from the States as the customs fees will add a lot of money to the costs

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
What licensing rights ? Premier League is the UK league, Topps have the right to the Premier League so not sure where it goes against any licensing.
If it was like MLS cards then you would only be able to buy them here in UK I would have thought.

Hopefully we will know for definate in next day or so but if its true then its very strange.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The collection WILL be released in UK.

Two different type of boxes, Mass market boxes (24 packs per box rrp 1.99 per packet) and Hobby boxes (10 packs per box rrp 19.99 per pack)

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
There you go Steve, they will be available wholesale. I have put a pre-order in so will be selling them when released.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Mass market version has been cancelled by Topps apparantely

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
At the moment Hobby version will still be released here in UK, no idea of other countries

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Only new info is that the price of the pack could rise from 19.99 to 24.99 as Topps claim they won't make enough money from it !!!

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
stevesmith
Nov 17 2013, 04:24 PM
the cost of a packet is now to be 25,they are due out just before christmas
Had a call about this a few weeks ago asking how I felt if Topps put the price up to 25, what was I supposed to say ? told them I was not impressed by it especially when the reason given is that Topps don't think they will make enough money at 19.99.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
As far as I know the packets will be priced at either 20 or 25, not had any confirmation since I was asked what I thought of the possible increase. They are due in the UK anytime but obviously with the holiday period places are now closed until the 2nd Jan. I'm having a small delivery but other than Corinthianseller and Steve Smith who I think has said he will be having some i'm not sure who else is.

I was surprised Topps cancelled the mass market version here but I guess it may be available elsewhere just not here. As its been produced by Topps in the US not much info has been given to us in UK.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Anyone has any West Brom for sale please let me know as will be interested

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Dsilva21
Dec 29 2013, 11:45 AM
I wish Topps would give more clarification on its release in the UK.That bale auto is nice i can see it go for a lot though.
Topps communication to UK people is practically nil, possibly because the cards are coming from the US and not being produced by Topps Europe. They are expected here anytime (which has been more difficult due to the Christmas/ New Year break) but to be honest prices elsewhere look better than what we will be getting here both as traders and collectors.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Dsilva21
Dec 29 2013, 11:51 AM
Phild
Dec 29 2013, 11:48 AM
Dsilva21
Dec 29 2013, 11:45 AM
I wish Topps would give more clarification on its release in the UK.That bale auto is nice i can see it go for a lot though.
Topps communication to UK people is practically nil, possibly because the cards are coming from the US and not being produced by Topps Europe. They are expected here anytime (which has been more difficult due to the Christmas/ New Year break) but to be honest prices elsewhere look better than what we will be getting here both as traders and collectors.
I would of thought it would cost more due to all them extra charges you have to pay from US,but to be fair i would pay anything since this is something i have wanted for a long time.
They also send them to other countries.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The cards haven't arrived in UK yet.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Portlaw
Dec 29 2013, 05:35 PM
I've noticed some Guzan memorabilia cards and they have blue and claret swatches which must be an error card as the jersey is yellow and black. If this is a mistake it's a very big mistake for them to make, along with the defoe error
The George Thorne West Brom swatches have red/black which is the away kit this season. George Thorne has not worn that kit for the first team in either competitive game or friendly as he was injured and only came back around October. Would be interested to know the details of the 'Player-Worn' jersey as its doubtful its from a game.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
To be honest I was surprised that Thorne was included given he has only a small number of appearances and was out injured from last January. Berahino should possibly have been included in the future stars subset as he is one for the future and if he keeps his head down (and fingers away from Twitter) he can go far

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think thats the only thing it can be, maybe he put it on for half an hour when he was signing the autographs :rofl

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Portlaw
Dec 30 2013, 06:40 PM
Phild
Dec 29 2013, 08:00 PM
To be honest I was surprised that Thorne was included given he has only a small number of appearances and was out injured from last January. Berahino should possibly have been included in the future stars subset as he is one for the future and if he keeps his head down (and fingers away from Twitter) he can go far
Actually Phil if you look at the pictures posted at the top of the page from the Topps facebook page the Thorne has a premier league patch in the card so it must be from a league game. Any chance it's last years game? Or maybe he wore it on the bench of a match?

When it comes to events most players don't have the premier league patches just the general jersey with their name and number (sometimes)
Its a different away kit this season to last, some of the swatches have black in them which is this seasons kit and Thorne has not worn it in a game.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Not sure how wide the UK release will be but there are 3 of us that I know are expecting some stock and as of Christmas Eve it was still on its way to us. Would I be surprised though if it all gets cancelled and doesn't arrive ? not one bit.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Suppliers reopen on Thursday so hoping they will have them that day which could mean they are with me on Friday so fingers crossed.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Dsilva21
Jan 1 2014, 09:33 PM
Dorking
Jan 1 2014, 07:50 PM
Just about every Crystal Palace jersey and auto card is Yannick Bolasie, and ebay seems to be flooded with them!!
Same for Man City with joe :rant but like portlaw said above about the quad only being bolasie i feel thats quite unique really. And Phil if you get any updates tomorrow about Uk release i would love to hear about it i would appreciate it very much. :cheers
Apparantely expected delivery here in UK is Jan 7th which is pretty poor to be honest

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
As far as I know they are coming direct from Topps in the US, they are saying 7th to be safe with the dates but it could realistically be anytime.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Unfair to blame the suppliers to be honest, problem is the other end from what I can gather, i get the impression the cards are being released in the UK reluctantly.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I dealt with Cards inc quite a bit to be honest and have dealt with current suppliers for a few years without any problems which is why I don't blame them for the problems with these cards, they can't give updates as they're not getting any themselves despite trying.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Its coming from supplier here, they were expected in week before Christmas but no idea why its taking so long.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply