Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Announce Premier League Premium Set; New set to launch in December 2013
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:33 PM (15,895 Views)
Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
FINALLY :D I've sent numerous email to topps over the past years about getting the premier gold set back but if its topps us that have made it musn't have made an impression but either way cannot wait.

I probably wont be breaking any of this stuff and just put the money into single villa cards so I can get more so I'll be asking anyone breaking to save their villa stuff for me ;)
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 11 2013, 12:19 PM.
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
dvsgooner
Aug 9 2013, 08:50 PM
I just saw that! Amazing!!!

This is what we've all been waiting for. Hopefully the cards won't be too expensive (as I have to get all the Arsenal cards no matter what), and hopefully Topps will continue with a set like this every season.

Now I'm wondering if we can still expect something from https://www.toppsauthentics.co.uk/ as well this season? As I guess Topps USA and Topps UK are kind of separate? I heard months ago from them they had something going on, but no news lately... Hopefully there will be something soon.
This is a worldwide release meaning not just the us so maybe topps authentics uk were working with their partners across the sea in getting this set together.

With regards to price I would expect a 10 hit box to be at least $200 especially as they know the demand for epl is worldwide

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just read that a case of this stuff which is 6 boxes is currently at $1,235, with a box pre-saling at $210 a box and these are early presale prices you include the mark up if you were to buy a box once released it could be higher than that. Expensive indeed
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 14 2013, 10:39 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Pre-sales are available on a major us retailer. Am I allowed to post the name of the retailer Tollyman?

Without a checklist I wont be ordering any of this stuff. I know they'll have to wait till the new reason to know whose jerseys etc they get but i've a feeling it'll be packed with more players from the top clubs than lower ones

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Ok thanks tollyman. Just remembered they don't ship overseas anyways, at least not through their website. Its on blowoutcards.com :-)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
rishgoon
Aug 15 2013, 01:38 PM
Nice one. I'd imagine dacardworld.com would have pre-orders up at some stage, and they ship worldwide.
Yeah I'm sure they will but the only problem with them is they tend to be more expensive than blowout. But I guess we'll have to take what we can get

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'm just testing the waters here to see if anyone would be interested in a case break of this stuff with each person getting picking a team therefore they would be 20 spots.

How it works is we divide the whole cost of the case by 20 so each spot will be a fair share. When the case arrives I video the case break so everybody can see the break as it happens and I will send whoever had Arsenal all the arsenal cards that were pulled out of the break etc. With there being 10 hits per box that means 60 per case so if the correlation was perfect between teams you get 3 big hits from you're team and all the extra hits of your team like base and inserts.

They are attempting one on blowout however it will struggle to work as they are no fans of the lower teams as this will only work with all 20 teams being picked.

Now to the cost:

Case price: $1235 + $105 (shipping from the states to here) = $1340 + ($3 x 20 to ship your teams cards from here) $60= $1400 (now the 105 shipping I have there is from when I bought a case of big bang theory cards from blowout and was hit with an 80 euro custom charge which is approx $100 and without paypal fees but we wont worry about them just yet as there not much)

So each spot costs: $1400 divided by 20 = $70 approx.

I'll be taking Aston Villa. So if anybody is interested in a team let me know but just to be fair no one can come in and take for example the top 5 teams, each person is limited to one spot for now and if we are struggling to fill all the spots then people can take a second if they wish.

Just throwing this out there to see if people are interested :)
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 19 2013, 01:39 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Aug 19 2013, 01:40 PM
They will be available in UK and I guess around Europe so be very careful before buying from the States as the customs fees will add a lot of money to the costs
It'll only be and extra $5 each as I got hit with customs of around $100 before and if we wait till they come out the price will be higher than pre sale now so we'll be lucky to get it at $75 a spot. The only reason I don't have it at $75 a spot up there is custom charges are the luck of the draw
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 19 2013, 01:43 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Zabolek
Aug 21 2013, 11:52 AM
Looks like a promising and exciting collection.

@Portlaw: If you're to organise a box break, don't you think it would be wise to have 2 or 3 price bands for the spots, as United cards are likely to be more valuable than, say, Hull or Sunderland (and 'investors', as opposed to fans, would sign for the bigger names)? Obviously, it depends a lot of the checklist, and it's still early days, so just my 2 pence.
I do understand what your saying but what if the manchester united cards are rarer than hull? And there was one united hit in a case and 5 hull yet the united spot is charged 150 yet the hull only 30. Then its unfair that way too. The easiest thing to do is just to do them at an even price and try and get true fans in instead of investors

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Arsenal- dvsgooner
Aston Villa- Portlaw
Cardiff City- Alan
Chelsea- Adrenalynxl9
Crystal Palace-
Everton- harryl1878
Fulham-
Hull City-
Liverpool- Tollyman
Manchester City-
Manchester United- Bibster
Newcastle United-
Norwich City-
Southampton-
Stoke City-
Sunderland- pnchocolates
Swansea City-
Tottenham Hotspur- chuck332
West Bromwich Albion-
West Ham United-
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 22 2013, 07:51 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
SlimShady(srb)
Aug 22 2013, 04:45 PM
And what happens if 3-4 members wants MU ? Will there be bidding or first come first served ?

It is good idea, but there must be a good plan, and I am not sure if all teams will be chosen.
The only way to do it is first come first serve, so first person to put their name in for a team gets that team. There wont be any bidding I'm not doing this to make money I'm just doing this so that people who want a case worths of their favourite team can get them this way at the price of a third of a box instead of buying a box and hoping for a hit of somebody from their team

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
SlimShady(srb)
Aug 22 2013, 05:07 PM
By bidding I meant this :

Member 1 ,Member 2 and Member 3 want MU. Price for 1 team is around 70$. So if MU bid reaches lets say 100$, teams that are not picked will have 30$ less in value, and may attract more people so that all teams are in
I do understand what you mean by that but I'm doing this as a purely collector viewpoint and for instance it would not be fair on bibster who has manchester united to have to go through a bidding war whereas others won't.

All it'll take is one fan from each team who is extremely excited about these for their team and this will be a great dealso hopefully we'll get it filled

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
First piece of info on the checklist

Pele And Ronaldo Join English Premier League Stars To Power Upcoming Topps Premier Gold

On the heels of unveiling a peek into its highly-anticipated Topps Premier Gold, which guarantees 5 Autographs and 5 Memorabilia cardsin every box, Topps is pleased to announce the product will feature autograph and memorabilia cards of the following Barclays Premier League stars:

Christian Benteke - Aston Villa
Mikel Arteta – Arsenal
Jack Wilshere – Arsenal
Ashley Cole – Chelsea
Leighton Baines – Everton
Tim Howard – Everton
Ashley Young -Manchester United
Kyle Walker – Tottenham Hotspur

In addition, iconic footballers CRISTIANO RONALDO, PELE and GIANFRANCO ZOLA will be highlighted on autograph cards.

Stay tuned for more announced signers as well as a full autograph and memorabilia subject list.

Those jerseys must be jerseys they picked up after the first weekend of action if its a true 13/14 set but is young not injured?

I was thinking in the case of the pele ronaldo ect we could do a random draw if one was pulled unless anybody else has any ideas and were almost half way full with the list, getting excited about this release :D

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just an update that young was not on the squad for the first united match so these jerseys are more than likely from last year or pre season so don't be put off when you don't see lower table teams (according to last years table) as back then I doubt they knew who would still be in the league and who would be promoted
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 22 2013, 08:13 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Aug 22 2013, 08:13 PM
Where have you found this info Sean?

With regards to Pele and Ronaldo and the random draw - I gather Ronaldo will be in the Man Utd kit on the card? ;)
It was posted on blowout, the site where the case break will be purchased.

I like your thinking and yes I would assume he will be, it's just when it said iconic footballers CRISTIANO RONALDO, PELE and GIANFRANCO ZOLA, that insists that teams like hull etc won't have any of these auto's so I was thinking a random draw would work but if everyone is ok with it I'm 100% glad to give it to the united spot who looks to be ... you ;)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Aug 22 2013, 08:22 PM
Haha!

Let's wait and see what kits etc the icons are in before we make an agreement. I was just thinking, for instance, if Zola or Ronaldo are in the Chelsea or United kits, I think it should go to the person with that team, as the deal is to get all the cards out of the break for that particular team. Of course Pele won't have an allocated team so that randomising is the fairest way of deciding.

Just got very excited at the thought of a signed Pele card being part of the set, as I will be buying a box (or 2) of these myself as well as joining the case break. Just hope they are released before Christmas then I can get some packs as presents as well.

Seeing Wilshere and Baines on the list for auto's has got me VERY excited too!
That's very true the post did say every players card from that team so we will stick with that throughout the break but it probably won't be much of a problem as I would think these ronaldo, pele auto's etc would be 1 auto a case if we're lucky.

But seeing Benteke has put me into sheer delight and can't wait to see the rest of the signers and jersey crads (memorabilia cards as topps u.s call it) from all the teams :D
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 22 2013, 08:29 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Aug 22 2013, 08:44 PM
Is it not better to buy the case from Topps UK so that we don't get stung with customs?
I'm ok with waiting and getting it with them but I would expect the pre sale price of blowout to be alot cheaper than what topps uk will offer it at.

I bought a case of cards from blowout for $750 presale about 4 months before it came out and as it closer to release price rose and upon release it was on sale for $1200 and thats what I'm worried about because if that happens then price will increase massively whereas as if we are hit with customs it's only an extra $5 to each slots total
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 22 2013, 08:48 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Aug 22 2013, 08:52 PM
Portlaw
Aug 22 2013, 08:48 PM
bibster
Aug 22 2013, 08:44 PM
Is it not better to buy the case from Topps UK so that we don't get stung with customs?
I'm ok with waiting and getting it with them but I would expect the pre sale price of blowout to be alot cheaper than what topps uk will offer it at.

I bought a case of cards from blowout for $750 presale about 4 months before it came out and as it closer to release price rose and upon release it was on sale for $1200 and thats what I'm worried about because if that happens then price will increase massively whereas as if we are hit with customs it's only an extra $5 to each slots total
Ah, I see.

I am thinking, based on the prices currently, that Topps will charge ฃ150 per box, ฃ15 per pack.

We need to get the spots filled then Sean so that we can decide if the box needs to be ordered with Blowout if you think that the price could shoot up nearer the release date. I will try and persevere with Topps to find out if they can confirm cost in the UK and then we can decide between all of us whether to get them from the US or UK.
It could go either way the case I bought was from an extremely popular tv show which jut gained in popularity so that may have had some baring on it.

If all came to all we could do it with 10 people (we currently have 9) however each of the 10 people will have to take 2 spots and we randomly assign the last 10 teams to a person however I feel most people who are in this only want the team they have chosen but they are still good teams that you may randomly get such as Newcastle (Shearer maybe), Man City etc. So we will give it a couple more days and see what happens

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Aug 28 2013, 07:24 PM
I tweeted Topps to ask for info on prices etc and got this response:

We are working on the new collection now- the retail prices will be published in the next couple of weeks so please check back!

I also notice that Topps have been having signing sessions with Premier League clubs the last couple of weeks - Cardiff, West Brom and Aston Villa that I know of.

Portlaw - you will be pleased to know Benteke was one of the Villa signers!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
BENTEKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are thy not signing match attacks cards there though?

I've been told the retail price of a box is $265 which has been acquired by a supplier who got in contact with topps us in the states

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Aug 28 2013, 09:39 PM
Not sure Sean, if they are Match Attax, I wonder how they will be distributed...?

Perhaps they were signing cards for both sets, but I can't see that 4 Villa players signed Match Attax will be available in packs, unless they are doing the code redemption thing again with the packs and these are being used as prizes??
I only say that because of the match attax baner in the bacround and the player holding up a match attacks card.

BUT the villa signers there are Weimann, Guzan (i think), Benteke and Lowton who are 4 of the 5 on the villa checklist for premier gold so it does make sense that its for the premier gold set and there has only ever been like 3 signers in match attacks from various teams never all from the one as you say.
Edited by Portlaw, Aug 28 2013, 09:45 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just noticed that they seem to be signing stickers which is what topps us generally do when attaining autographs so it does seem to be for premier gold.

Great find by the Catherine :-)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just read, Due to licensing rights this WONT be sold Overseas. It is restricted to the US and Canada. Wont be getting this in local shops guys
Edited by Portlaw, Sep 1 2013, 05:35 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan
Sep 1 2013, 07:22 PM
Portlaw
Sep 1 2013, 05:34 PM
Just read, Due to licensing rights this WONT be sold Overseas. It is restricted to the US and Canada. Wont be getting this in local shops guys
Is our order OK?

-
Yes, it doesn't mean that retailers can't sell overseas just that topps themselves wont have it to sell over here. Its like ordering mls cards from blowout

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Sep 1 2013, 08:47 PM
What licensing rights ? Premier League is the UK league, Topps have the right to the Premier League so not sure where it goes against any licensing.
If it was like MLS cards then you would only be able to buy them here in UK I would have thought.

Hopefully we will know for definate in next day or so but if its true then its very strange.

I assume its the fact that Topps US are producing this and not Topps UK and they must not be licened to sell abroad. I don't think it has anything to do with licence of the product itself but the company. Hopefully it is untrue

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
20 pound a pack, ouch thats gonna hurt pockets come release time, I can see why many people have preordered already. It looks like its going to be a great set though

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Man United have a very strong signature list. I think the Ronaldo with Real Madrid is stupid instead of putting him down as United. There'll still be additions to this checklist though yeah?

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
jayce101
Sep 17 2013, 03:39 PM
liverpool ones aren't that good
They could certainly be better. Chelsea auto's are quite weak compared to what they could have. Villa have about as strong as you could get, I would have liked gabby to be in there too but won't complain. Everton's 3 signers are good. Some teams only have one or two signers so I'm sure they'll be more added to those unless this is the final list
Edited by Portlaw, Sep 17 2013, 03:52 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Blowout cards have not told me anything about them being restricted and as far as things stand our case order with them is still in good standing, from my knowing so far

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Release date now moved back the 27th of December

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
UKBasedCollector
Nov 29 2013, 03:22 PM
Portlaw
Nov 28 2013, 11:01 PM
Release date now moved back the 27th of December
That for the UK release?
It was on an American retailer site but I'm sure the release date is the same worldwide

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Each six-box case of 2013-14 Topps Premier Gold Soccer guarantees autographs from two of the following players: Pel้, Ronaldo, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Bale and Mikel Arteta

Looks like we have the possibility of a Pele auto to be randomly drawn in the group break ;)
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 5 2013, 07:47 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ashleyyoungFTW
Dec 5 2013, 07:57 PM
Would be gutted to end up with Lampard and Arteta :P
Well I'm not going to put myself in the draw if the Pele comes out as I'm just a Villa collector and would rather a collector on here get it than just selling it but it would be great to have it come out of the forum case break :653

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Release date has been pushed back another week and is now the 3rd of January

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Been looking at the checklist properly since it was released and bit disappointed that it's lacking great past players in the Premier League, names which would be great in this and which they should have chased after yet they go and get Pele's auto? Hmm a strange move in my opinion but who really knows why. Maybe they see Pele as they most markable name to get people to purchase the products? They should have an insert of legend players like in the last Premier League Gold set from 2002

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Plenty of cards on ebay now. Not many rare numbered cards yet but the price for some of the unnumbered cards is crazy, way to high if you ask me

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
KarlHungus
Dec 26 2013, 08:20 PM
It seems that the checklist that became available a few weeks ago was complete. Three subsets still had to be confirmed, but it now seems that the Future Stars Autographs, International Icons Autographs and Match Winners Autographs are simply part of the Star Players Autographs subset, as card numbers of these 3 subsets all start with "SP-" and were already included int he Star Players Autographs checklist.
Great spot. Looks like no additions to the past checklist and no Ronaldo or Pele auto up yet, it is early days but signs seem to show that they are the 2 rarest so far

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan
Dec 27 2013, 12:36 AM
KarlHungus
Dec 26 2013, 08:20 PM
It seems that the checklist that became available a few weeks ago was complete. Three subsets still had to be confirmed, but it now seems that the Future Stars Autographs, International Icons Autographs and Match Winners Autographs are simply part of the Star Players Autographs subset, as card numbers of these 3 subsets all start with "SP-" and were already included int he Star Players Autographs checklist.

Agreed.

I also think it's possible that the Hot Shots, Tough Tacklers, Midfield Maestros, etc. are all part of the 200 cards in the base set as all the players in those subsets appear in the base set checklist and the cards look similar to the base cards, with just the addition of the sub-set title....

There are 2 different Carzorla cards here, base and midfield maestro. Same picture used but different designs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Premier-Gold-Soccer-Arsenal-Team-Set-Cazorla-Wilshere-Insert-Lot-4-/201009793949?pt=US_Soccer_Trading_Cards&hash=item2ecd1e0b9d
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 27 2013, 12:43 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Dec 27 2013, 09:51 AM
Could someone give me a bit of guidance and clarification on this...
i have been trying to follow this topic as carefully as i could as im interested in buying some in the U.K but i am slightly confused as to what is going to be available in the U.K for U.K collectors and if it is even available to buy in the U.K, as from what i have read on the previous page the mass market version is cancelled??
Also if it is available in the U.K what retailers will be stocking it??

Sorry if i have missed something and this has already been mentioned by someone but if anyone can help it would be more than appreciated.
Many Thanks
Toby
I think Phild has the best knowledge of all of us here as to what's happening in the UK as I think he is getting some of the product so he would probably the best one to answer but I've been doing the numbers based on the insert ratio of the quads which I got of a seller and this is what I got

22 quads were produced and are inserted 1:2420. So 22 x 2420 = 53240 packs

53240 /10 = 5324 boxes / 6 = 887 cases approx. produced

Now in my opinion 887 cases being produced is an awful lot of a product considering there are 60 hits per case so just going by the fact that they are on sale in Hong Kong and it has been mass produced that they will be on sale in the UK, it's the only way they could sell it all really

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
On another note I've made my first purchase #11/11 :653

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
One that I noticed about topps production of their MLS set was that there was no crests put into it and so far it seems to be the same pattern, maybe because of the thickness of the embroidered patches makes it not possible but it'd be a shame to see. When Upper deck did the MLS set there were plenty of crests, but I'm not going to complain (too much :P ), still great to see this set out without or without crest patches :D
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 27 2013, 04:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply