Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Announce Premier League Premium Set; New set to launch in December 2013
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:33 PM (15,630 Views)
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks very nice but I'm hoping cost won't be an issue. Even the unsigned cards look nice so I'd quite like to get them signed myself.
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Does this mean each pack will have either an autograph or a piece of a shirt? Although on the expensive side (for that much I could get a train ticket and get autographs from a whole team) I might pick up a pack or two to see what they're like - even the base cards seem very nice.
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
I'll go for Crystal Palace dependent on how the set actually turns out.
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Alan
Aug 22 2013, 04:16 PM
ashleyyoungFTW
Aug 22 2013, 02:33 PM
I'll go for Crystal Palace dependent on how the set actually turns out.

What does that mean?

I'd like to see what the set actually involves first - I don't really want to end up spending $70 on three or four base cards if that's what they turn out to be.
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Would be gutted to end up with Lampard and Arteta :P
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Am I right in thinking that even the base cards (or base-like subsets or something) are limited to small numbers? I'm still struggling to understand how this collection is made up (are there very limited numbers of packs in general or something?) but they are very nice so I might be tempted to pick up a couple of packs. I just wish the signatures were of more established stars that I hadn't already met 3 or 4 times in most cases :P
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
So the base cards aren't a limited run? I must have seen some of the insert cards then that were limited to 11 and that sort of thing, it did seem a bit strange to me that the base set would be so limited! They look so nice but I just know I can't afford it :P
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
I kind of agree with the point that you don't buy these cards purely to get a match-worn shirt. With the odds (not to mention the chance that they could just be "event worn"?) and price you might as well get hold of an actual shirt rather than a tiny cutting of one. Proper shirts go for around the 200 mark so the chance of getting a cutting for a significant chunk isn't worth it - that means the cards are bought for other reasons.
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
I still don't quite understand the hype around a little cutting of shirt. I still think it would have been better to do a redemption for actual shirts?

Although by that logic, I could take one of the match worn shirts in my collection, cut it into a few hundred s***Censored***s and sell them for a fortune :P
Posted Image

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
Portlaw
Jan 12 2014, 04:56 PM
ashleyyoungFTW
Jan 12 2014, 10:23 AM
I still don't quite understand the hype around a little cutting of shirt. I still think it would have been better to do a redemption for actual shirts?

Although by that logic, I could take one of the match worn shirts in my collection, cut it into a few hundred s***Censored***s and sell them for a fortune :P
That can be said about anything. What's the hype of having someone scribble their name on a card? Whats the big hype of having match attax cards they are just cards with numbers?

To me it's that it represents the club and player, if it was just of any random shirt or top the player wore I couldn't care less but it's that it's of a villa jersey, same when you collect match attax or whatever what good would it be to have a player in the clothes they wear in their private life?

And they are part of a licensed set, a Ronaldo jersey card with a piece of United crest would sell for more than the majority of full match worn jerseys of most players so I the logic of that may work, if you get your shirt into a licensed set ;)
I fully get your point about that, but it wasn't really that idea that I was going on about. My main confusion about it is why cut it up when you could just give someone a whole shirt? Not quite sure what you mean about "private life" clothes - when I said actual shirts I meant as in the matchworn shirts whole rather than cut up.

Match worn shirts aren't really that expensive so I'm sure Topps could have been able to afford 4 or 5 of each player rather than one and cutting it up into smaller bits?
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply