Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Announce Premier League Premium Set; New set to launch in December 2013
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:33 PM (15,672 Views)
JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
Amigo pm sent :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knew how many cases there are for this release? Just wanting to workout if there will end upbeeing a 'product dumped' later on which would cause the prices to drop. Another thing was how many Gerrard, Arteta, Ronaldo etc... autographs are there if you are guaranteed 2 hits per case.

JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
Thank you for the quick reply Portlaw, So around 200-300 odd unnumbered autographs for those 6 players?

With 887 cases wouldn't that be a tad overkill or would you expect this release to be sold out?

Finally thank you for your input Portlaw, it's people like you that make card collecting easier for everyone else :)

JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
So, these patches on the cards are not 'game worn' but 'event worn'? Meaning that the player may have worn this over their shirt etc.. for a small amount of time just to make it event worn? As this is the case, I can't believe that the prices people are paying for the match worn cards. Seems like a case of 'a fool and his money are soon parted', to be fair to the collector it's slightly deceptive the way Topps have worded the authenticity of the patches.

I did collect the Topps MLS cards and the prices did fall dramatically, there was the initial buzz over them so the prices started off higher then pretty much died out with re-sellers not even bothering buying more cases as it wasn't feasible. As it stands there are heaps of cases of MLS, however they have not been dumped onto the market, as yet! It eventually will happen.

I was chatting with a seller from the U.S about how well the Topps MLS premier league has been gong, he informed me that majority of his sales have been from the UK so it would be easy to assume that once these cards are released in the UK the prices will fall as supply will be available for the UK market. A great marketing idea or chance of luck? Even by saying it's a 'UK & US' only release adds that extra element of wanting it now as it may not be available in your region.
Either way the UK market will have their stock soon, so the flow on effect will eventuate (prices will come down). I find it hard to fathom the prices will keep increasing given there are over 800 cases of this (overkill) and with 100's of signature cards of the players and mediocre patch cards.

I could be wrong as some of the prices of the Topps 200 - 2004 hold higher values even though they are limited to /1000 signatures. The again these Topps Premier league signature & jersey cards may end up for sale on the 'Topps Authentics' website in eight years time like the some of the cards from 200-2004 have.

JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
Ok no problems buddy, any reason why it was Unnecessary? I would be happy to delete the post if it offends you.

I'm only trying to get to the bottom of this as I have paid some good $$$ for patch cards that don't seem to be game/ match used (yes, I too am a fool).

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply