Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Announce Premier League Premium Set; New set to launch in December 2013
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:33 PM (15,656 Views)
Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, big Palace collector here.

I looked at the quad auto card above and for a good while thought that the Bolasie part of it looks nothing like anything from a Palace shirt, home, away or even third.

But then I realised that it's the edge of the shirt number. So even if it doesn't look right at first, it probably is right.

I've been on ebay.com and ebay.ca (Canada) and there are loads of cards listed including printing plates, autos, and all the rare parallels. Prices don't seem toooo bad (once you've got your head around them) for lesser teams like Palace (I can say lesser, being a long suffering fan!), but the main downside will be all the money spent on shipping (postage).

Biggest downside for me I suppose is that pretty much every auto and jersey card is the same Palace player (Bolasie) - and that's before all the parallel variations!

Still very much going to enjoy this collection though!
Edited by Dorking, Dec 30 2013, 10:44 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I'm probably just impatient, however it seems that on ebay, the vast majority of cards being sold are the autos, jerseys and rare parallels. I don't seem to be able to see anyone simply selling the 'bog standard' base cards - you'd have thought there'd be plenty of interest in complete 10 player base sets?
Maybe it'll be awash with these more mundane cards once the 'good stuff' has died down??

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
The team base sets seem to have started appearing on ebay.com.
Nice to get those out the way so I can concentrate on all the crazy combinations or parallel cards!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Just about every Crystal Palace jersey and auto card is Yannick Bolasie, and ebay seems to be flooded with them!!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
If anyone sees a 'quad auto book card' please can they post a photo. For curiosity purposes more than anything - I've seen NFL ones, and they fold open and look rather clever, so I've love to see!!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Thanks DVSGooner. At least it exists, albeit rare as hens teeth.

EDIT - AYA (on here) is selling one of the ( /5!!) quad autos. Bit out of my league price-wise, but if anyone wants to treat themselves, send him a PM

I Won the quad patch featuring Bolasie last night, so doing okay via ebay at least!
Edited by Dorking, Jan 6 2014, 07:17 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Love the way you can't say s c r a p s because of the 4 letter word in the middle
Edited by Dorking, Jan 13 2014, 05:29 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply