Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Team Case Break - Topps Premier Gold 2013/14
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 12:44 PM (7,771 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
no one in for chelsea or man city????
very surprised!
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Portlaw
Aug 26 2013, 04:01 PM
Just to update the $200 deposit to Blowout has been paid so we won't need to pay the remainder till December time.

Someone brought up a good point and I thought I'd leave it up for discussion. There are this set, but if a dual jersey card contains for example a man united and man city player what should we do to determine which team gets the card?
give it to those that have the least jersey cards.

Single cards get handed out first, then dual, triple and quad jersey cards in that order.

If utd & city are on a card and city has 2 single shirts to utd 3 then they get it.

other wise draw lots for it.

You do need to get this sorted before as if one of the cards has a patch it could be worth 100's!!

And not to put too much pressure on I'd be very unhappy to miss out on a dual 'patch' card with Gerrard as one of the players!! :o
Edited by Tollyman, Aug 26 2013, 04:26 PM.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
bibster
Aug 26 2013, 04:33 PM
I think it should be a random draw if there is more than one team on a card.

This is how it's done on the many case breaks I have seen in the US for Basketball etc, not based on how many other cards someone has got out of the break.

Sounds like probably the only way that will work without it getting too complicated but would be gutting if it means somebody get a third jersy while someone else misses out completely. Still that's life I suppose! B)

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
My thoughts.

I think the principle is that it is CURRENT team for automatic qualification to get the card.

Players not currently at an EPL club should be drawn randomly amongst members in the break.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
bibster
Dec 8 2013, 10:21 PM
Portlaw
Dec 8 2013, 05:16 PM
Topps has announced a promotion for 2013-14 Topps Premier Gold aimed at case breakers.

The top five most watched breaks posted on YouTube win prizes such as autographed items and boxes. The video with the most views wins a pair of signed Cristiano Ronaldo boots (cleats).

To qualify, case breakers must notify their distributor (or Topps rep if they buy direct) of their plans by December 30, which is just a few days after the set's official launch. Breakers busting at least one case of the product must send the URL of the YouTube break to their distributor by January 10.

The contest closes on January 17 at midnight EST. Topps said winners will be notified by January 20.

Not sure if you guys want us to enter the break into this, might make some nice prizes for FCF if we could get members to view the break and maybe get it into the top 5
Sounds good - with the time it will take to get the product shipped and opened, will we make the deadline?

If we were to do this, then I think that any prizes we get we should give out between the people paying to be part of this break. By way of a raffle/randomisation of names v list of prizes. It's not a cheap break to be involved with and I think it's the fairest way of doing it. Wouldn't like to think that someone could end up walking away with a decent prize who does not contribute to the forum if it was opened up to everyone.
Indeed you are correct to a point, however if to win the prize we ask the whole forum to view our case break then the forum as a whole will have contributed winning the promotion.

Tricky one this one!

Perhaps members should leave a comment on the video to prove they viewed the video and then they can be included in the draw for prizes?
Edited by Tollyman, Dec 9 2013, 04:46 PM.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
allocated on basis of kit makes sense.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
"This is a big question - If there are for example 7 cards that need to be random drawn amongst everyone in the break there is one of 2 possibilities:

1. We put the 11 names in the random draw and the first 7 names out will each get one and the first out will have first pick, second will have second pick and so on. This way they will be spread out and cut down on the draws made.

2. We do 7 separate draws where the same person has the potential of winning all 7 cards and everybody will get none of the random draw cards."

Has to be option 1 surely

I would pick a member out for a specific card though, picking could get complicated!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Portlaw
Dec 19 2013, 03:24 PM
Just an update that payment has been made to Blowoutcards and just a matter of waiting for release now
Thanks Sean

Did you register for the Topps promotion?

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
In the new case break thread it's highlighted that Hull is a rubbish team to pick. :-(

Do I get a rebate? ;-)

OK so I had Liverpool as well but let's not mention that, damn.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply