Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Weekly Magazine Issue 2
Topic Started: Oct 18 2013, 05:22 PM (3,935 Views)
Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi everyone
Today i received one of my Match Attax Weekly magazines, with a note in the envelope saying that the other copy i ordered is being sent separately so i presume this will happen every week.
With this weeks issue i can confirm that Aguero Bronze LE isn't in the issue and inside the magazine there is piece of text on 2 of the pages says that the Limited Edition Bronze will be inside the next issue next Saturday so don't be disappointed if you find you haven't got one. A token is also inside so you can start collecting for the Silver and Gold Aguero LE cards.
I did have to ring topps when my issue arrived as it had no 10 card packet arrive with it, however they were extremely good and have agreed to send me my packet in the post and sorted it with two minutes, so i suggest if you have any problems phone them as they sorted my problem very quickly!
Has anyone else received there's today?
If you receive it tomorrow, or even have received it today have you had any similar problems?
Many Thanks
Toby
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
davowls
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yes you might be right matchattaxmaster be interesting though

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Topps have now put a message on their website stating their problems and they now expect all outstanding issues to be delivered tomorrow
the full message is here:
http://www.toppsfootball.co.uk/news/Topps-News/guideinformationcouk
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Topps say FCF can't have a limited because we are too exclusive and it will be difficult for collectors to get the cards! Apparently it would encourage a Black Market....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/match-attax-2013-2014-Sergio-Aguero-bronze-limited-edition-rare-pre-order-/221297276077?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item33865874ad

Seems that is OK for them to do though!
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Nothing arrived here still. I emailed them today and got a standard response that they have sent everyone who has emailed about it. Very disappointed with the whole thing. Topps won't be bothered though, because they know people won't cancel their subscriptions until they have got the bronze, silver and gold cards.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chris.jlee
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And Thursday came and went, still nothing, Paypal btw.
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

clem132
100 Club
Just received issue 2 on time but to my shock the Aguero card was loose inside and was damaged shocking again from topps

Victor Meldrew
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Eureka !!! At long last the postman has delivered issues 1 & 2 of the magazine along with LE4 Aguero card. Surprised that the card was loose inside but fortunately was undamaged .... Phew !!!
Trusted Traders: Lindy_Loo2000, pnchocolates, AnythingHibbert33, Phild, Mariocamb13, Arsenal101, TAYLOR1248, l1sboa, matchattaxfan4, mufc17, Poolstar, gt6943, MasterOfMatchAttax, alanaman, jayce101, Macky17g, mrmatchattax, bibster, garners-great-deals2012
Favourite Team: Chelsea
Completed: Shoot Out 03/04, 04/05, 05/06 + Update, 06/07 + Update, Topps England 2002, 2005, Topps i-cards 06/07, World Cup/England 2006, Match Attax 07/08 + Extra, 08/09 + Extra, 09/10 + Extra, 2010 England + Legends, 10/11 + Extra, 11/12 + Extra + Championship, 2012 England + Ireland + Eurostars, 12/13 + Extra + SPL + Championship

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

elcid
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
clem132
Oct 25 2013, 08:59 AM
Just received issue 2 on time but to my shock the Aguero card was loose inside and was damaged shocking again from topps
Would be very interested to know what Topps say if you contact them about the damaged Aguero card. I was assured there was no way cards would be damaged in the post so not a good predicent that the first person on here to get the card has it dmaged.
Richard.
www.corinthianseller.co.uk

clem132
100 Club
got an email from them to say send it back and they will replace it so I have to pay for the stamp for there mistake, the corner is only slighty damaged so will just keep it

Victor Meldrew
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
clem132
Oct 25 2013, 09:45 AM
got an email from them to say send it back and they will replace it so I have to pay for the stamp for there mistake, the corner is only slighty damaged so will just keep it
I have sent you a pm regarding this.
Trusted Traders: Lindy_Loo2000, pnchocolates, AnythingHibbert33, Phild, Mariocamb13, Arsenal101, TAYLOR1248, l1sboa, matchattaxfan4, mufc17, Poolstar, gt6943, MasterOfMatchAttax, alanaman, jayce101, Macky17g, mrmatchattax, bibster, garners-great-deals2012
Completed: Shoot Out 03/04, 04/05, 05/06 + Update, 06/07 + Update, Topps England 2002, 2005, Topps i-cards 06/07, World Cup/England 2006, Match Attax 07/08 + Extra, 08/09 + Extra, 09/10 + Extra, 2010 England + Legends, 10/11 + Extra, 11/12 + Extra + Championship, 2012 England + Ireland + Eurostars, 12/13 + Extra + SPL + Championship

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

NeilB
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
issue 1 and 2 have arrived, aguerro loose but unharmed!
All 25 Merlin/Topps PL sticker collections..complete:)
Proud owner of all 20 topps total football 2009 signed stickers, 41 UCL adrenalyn 11/12 Limiteds and the complete UCL 12/13 with update edition including all 63 limiteds, 5 scandi stars and 5 dansk mesters!

Trusted Traders: gt6943 x5, crystalpalacefc2000, nickm, taylor1248 x2, unitedkids, maxitaxi, dm14, jayce101 x4, vorronin x4, rollcollector, charleshk, blizzard, cocacolaman75, fozzy1999, Tankerton1, alanaman, monkey76, Darbo x2, fiestaboyke, harrick, bibster, pholla65, EthanB reds, gabormadrid, robjones1973

Don't trust: marhiro

My feedback

My Tradelist

My Wishlist

alanaman
Limited Edition
clem132
Oct 25 2013, 09:45 AM
Intresting to see that topps want you to send the damaged card back. Would they not just normally have sent a replacement without having the damaged one sent back? They are obviously not letting anyone get away with having two cards. Wonder what they would say if someone got a pack with no card in it.

lynettedoolin
100 Club
got 3 all damaged
trusted traders

suedehead84(x1)
monkey76(x1)
ethanbreds(x1)
bibster(x1)

MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
they're freepost
Wish list----------------------Feedback

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Received mine from the postman just as i was on my way out of the door, so haven't been able to open them, but i could feel that the packets of cards where all their and there were 3 packages so obviously the 2 for this week and the 1 i didn't get from last week. It is very interesting though as the one i received last week was completely differently packaged to the ones delivered today, which have been delivered in plastic whereas the one from last week was in an hardback type envelope which looked like it had been sent directly from topps rather than the distributor.
Trade List Wishlist

HEYWOODBLUE55
i-card
[ *  * ]
AT LAST ISSUES 1&2 BOTH ARIVED TODAY IN SEPERATE PACKAGES AND MY DIRECT DEBIT DOSN'T
COME OUT TILL 28TH.

Victor Meldrew
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
Tollyman
Oct 24 2013, 06:19 PM
Topps say FCF can't have a limited because we are too exclusive and it will be difficult for collectors to get the cards! Apparently it would encourage a Black Market....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/match-attax-2013-2014-Sergio-Aguero-bronze-limited-edition-rare-pre-order-/221297276077?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item33865874ad

Seems that is OK for them to do though!
The Black Market grows bigger....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Attax-2014-Bronze-Limited-Edition-Card-LE4-Sergio-Aguero-/111198261131?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item19e3eecf8b

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Spoke to the wife at lunch and no post so sent a moaning email to TOPPS, only a little embarrassed when they had arrived in the afternoon! Aguero a little bent on one corner.

MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The bronze already at 25! Canthink what the silver and golds will be...
Wish list----------------------Feedback

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

alanaman
Limited Edition
MatchAttaxCam
Oct 25 2013, 09:06 PM
If you think about it logically there should be no difference in the prices of the bronze, silver and gold cards. Price is usually based on availability and demand. Anyone who has subscribed to a bronze card will also get the silver and gold cards therefore there will be almost exactly the same number of each card distributed and with roughly the same amount of people wanting each card the demand will be the same too. So why would the price differ.
It is possible that topps may have produced less of the gold limiteds of giggs, wilshire, hazard and gerrard when distributing them through the various products but they will have to print the exact same amount of each aguero in order to keep the agreement with subscribers.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Opened my Magazines and both of the Aguero Cards to my relief were in mint condition!
Trade List Wishlist

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
alanaman
Oct 26 2013, 12:37 AM
MatchAttaxCam
Oct 25 2013, 09:06 PM
If you think about it logically there should be no difference in the prices of the bronze, silver and gold cards. Price is usually based on availability and demand. Anyone who has subscribed to a bronze card will also get the silver and gold cards therefore there will be almost exactly the same number of each card distributed and with roughly the same amount of people wanting each card the demand will be the same too. So why would the price differ.
It is possible that topps may have produced less of the gold limiteds of giggs, wilshire, hazard and gerrard when distributing them through the various products but they will have to print the exact same amount of each aguero in order to keep the agreement with subscribers.
not necessarily
many may be just looking for a quick profit and will therefore cancel subscription after receiving bronze card

chris.jlee
Member Avatar
100 Club
Like a bus, both arrived yesterday however Aguero dinged on the corner. Disappointing as I only collect Man City cards and this is the ONLY reason I subscribed.
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

rwood93372
i-card
[ *  * ]
Mine arrived yesterday. Card damaged as well. They are not packing the card properly so it moves around in the pack as its loose so anticipate lots of damaged ones.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Received a letter this morning from topps which said:
Dear Subscriber
We have been made aware that some subscribers for the weekly Topps Match Attax Collector's Guide have experienced a delay in receiving the first edition of this magazine, which we anticipated being with you on the 19th of October.

Please accept our sincere apologies if you have not yet received this edition or have had your delivery delayed at all.

To try to compensate you for the disappointment and inconvenience that has been caused please find enclosed a packet of 10 Match Attax Cards for your collection.

To ensure that your second copy of the magazine arrives on time we have excluded the third party provider, which caused the delay in the first instance and moving forward we will not be using their services.

Sorry Once again and we would like to thank you for your patience and your custom.

Kind Regards
The Topps Team

So they have sent out a letter it seems to everyone with a packet of 10 cards so has anyone else received it yet? A nice gesture by topps and was surprised to receive this as i received all of the issues i was due last week! To top it off in my packet i got Hart 100 Club, so i am quite pleased!
Trade List Wishlist

clem132
100 Club
Yeah got my free packet and letter but wasn't quite as lucky gutted as Hart is the only 100 club i need have 2 spare Luiz

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tankerton1
Oct 28 2013, 11:18 AM
Received a letter this morning from topps which said:
Dear Subscriber
We have been made aware that some subscribers for the weekly Topps Match Attax Collector's Guide have experienced a delay in receiving the first edition of this magazine, which we anticipated being with you on the 19th of October.

Please accept our sincere apologies if you have not yet received this edition or have had your delivery delayed at all.

To try to compensate you for the disappointment and inconvenience that has been caused please find enclosed a packet of 10 Match Attax Cards for your collection.

To ensure that your second copy of the magazine arrives on time we have excluded the third party provider, which caused the delay in the first instance and moving forward we will not be using their services.

Sorry Once again and we would like to thank you for your patience and your custom.

Kind Regards
The Topps Team

So they have sent out a letter it seems to everyone with a packet of 10 cards so has anyone else received it yet? A nice gesture by topps and was surprised to receive this as i received all of the issues i was due last week! To top it off in my packet i got Hart 100 Club, so i am quite pleased!
yep, recieved compo pack and letter

only a motm in mine though.

nice jesture.

HEYWOODBLUE55
i-card
[ *  * ]
I got a machine damaged van persie 101 card last season in a packet. took a photo of it, sent
picture to topps . sent me a new one. never asked for the original back. always worth a try.

Victor Meldrew
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
Also received the letter of apology and pack of cards this morning. A MOTM which I needed in the pack so well happy.

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

rcgcecdc
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
****UPDATE ON THE IRISH SUBSRIBERS**
I FINALLY RECEIVED MY THIRD COPY OF ISSUE ONE WITH PACK OF CARDS , THE FIRST 2 HAD NO CARDS, AND ONLY SO FAR HAVE RECEIVED 1 COPY OF ISSUE 2. NO RESPONSE FROM TOPPS , OVER A WEEK SINCE INITIAL EMAIL... THE PLOT THICKENS!!

suedehead84
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
some went for 25 pounds? for international collectors its really hard to get them..
Singapore Based Trader

suedehead84 Profile + Trading Feedback + Wishlist + Trade list

Harrick
Member Avatar
100 Club
Got issue 2 (Halloween), then an apology and a pack of free cards, but haven't seen issue 1 but do have the bronze card now...

THFCandy
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
For you guys receiving the Match Attax Magazine, is it worth getting? What is the content like or is the magazine quite repetitive? I was surprised when they said they were bringing a weekly mag out - wouldn't have thought they would be able to come up with enough original stuff to fill it!! Or is it just another football mag with a bit of Match Attax related stuff in it as well?

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Its a poor magazine aimed at young kids to be honest, same as Match and Match of the Day.

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Definitely for youngsters, not as many ads as I feared though.
Edited by Tollyman, Nov 3 2013, 01:27 PM.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I have recently had issues with receiving my a second issue each week as i subscribed twice, has anyone else had this problem??
I emailed topps late last week and they have now sent the missing issues and have promised the problem will be sorted for future weeks, so i recommend anyone with a similar problem email them as they seem to have sorted my problem very quickly
Trade List Wishlist

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply