Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Superstars
Topic Started: Nov 13 2013, 05:25 PM (5,797 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Arsenal Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just seen this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Attax-13-14-Edin-Dzeko-Superstar-Card-Int9-Perforated-/190968078695?pt=UK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL&hash=item2c7695a167

Anyone know where these are and how you get them? It says it's perforated, which makes me believe its a promo product

Anyone got any information?
My Trade List
My Wishlist
My Feedback
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Victor Meldrew
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Victor Meldrew
Nov 16 2013, 09:32 AM
Victor Meldrew
Nov 15 2013, 09:46 AM
Victor Meldrew
Nov 14 2013, 10:39 AM
Posted Image

Here is the sheet PL14-Q01 given with today's Sun newspaper 14/11/13. The voucher can be found on page 28.

Posted Image

Here is the sheet PL14-Q02 given with today's Sun newspaper 15/11/13. The voucher can be found on page 20.

Posted Image

Here is the sheet PL14-Q03 given with today's Sun newspaper 16/11/13. The voucher can be found on page 26.

Posted Image

Here is the sheet PL14-Q04 given with today's Sun newspaper (70p) 17/11/13. The voucher can be found on page 26.
It also has the dark patch on the bottom left corner of the Mertesacker card which suggests this is throughout the whole print run.
Trusted Traders: Lindy_Loo2000, pnchocolates, AnythingHibbert33, Phild, Mariocamb13, Arsenal101, TAYLOR1248, l1sboa, matchattaxfan4, mufc17, Poolstar, gt6943, MasterOfMatchAttax, alanaman, jayce101, Macky17g, mrmatchattax, bibster, garners-great-deals2012
Favourite Team: Chelsea
Completed: Shoot Out 03/04, 04/05, 05/06 + Update, 06/07 + Update, Topps England 2002, 2005, Topps i-cards 06/07, World Cup/England 2006, Match Attax 07/08 + Extra, 08/09 + Extra, 09/10 + Extra, 2010 England + Legends, 10/11 + Extra, 11/12 + Extra + Championship, 2012 England + Ireland + Eurostars, 12/13 + Extra + SPL + Championship

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In relation to the things on the last page, they use The S*n because its the biggest selling newspaper in the UK (for some reason).
It's a paper that has an average reading age of around 4/5, and it's as tabloid as tabloids go.
Topps don't use it because it has the 'best football coverage' they use it because it is the biggest selling paper, so the logic is understandable.
However, Merseyside does boycott the paper, and I know for a fact that if I had ever asked for my mum or dad to buy it just for a few cards (not that I would have done) they'd have said no. It's not as simple as buying it and then throwing it away, we don't want to give our money to that paper and thus Topps are, unintentionally of course, partially alienating a section of their demographic. However, it's not too bad as eBay and sites like this, of course, exist for buying and trading. So there's an easy way to get around it if you definitely must, but I'm not even sure I'd trade or buy something that's associated with The S*n.
Just me, though.

Anyway, back to topic!!
Please view the thread of the Euro 2016 & Copa America Stickers I need and also my Euro 2016 & Copa America Sticker trades and PM me if you would like to trade!!!

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
My comment about buying it and throwing it away was nowt to do with the Merseyside ban so please do not twist my words if that was responding to my post. I know Merseyside has a ban on the paper thats an individual choice.

You comment lost any credibility by describing the readership age as 4/5 to be honest, no I don't read it personally as I don't buy any papers unless I have to and yes I have purchased copies of The Sun for the cards where i've had to but not read any of it.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Can't believe there is so much fuss over a sheet of cards being given away with The Sun.

If you don't like the paper, then don't buy it. As for the claim of allienating people on Merseyside by Topps using The Sun to give away cards... I'm sure they don't give 2 hoots.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Cardiff_blue
i-card
[ *  * ]
Thanks for posting about this, I follow |Topps on Twitter etc and did not know about this offer. I managed to get all four today in Tesco and a few extra of today's set as it has a Cardiff player.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Been down to get todays sheet from my local Tesco Express where i have been everyday for the sheets and today they definitely didn't have them and even showed me the delivery they had received and there was no Sunday what so ever. So i am going up to my big Tesco Extra tomorrow to see if they still have the sheets and if they don't i will email topps asking if i can send the vouchers to them and they send me the sheets as my local stores didn't have sunday's!!
I can't believe so many problems have occurred in getting or having in the right cards for each day for something so simple!! Its very frustrating!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

chuck332
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My local Tesco's didn't receive todays for some reason. I have a spare copy of Thursday's, Friday's & Saturday's if someone would like to trade Sunday's for one of the days I can offer

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
bibster
Nov 17 2013, 02:08 PM
Can't believe there is so much fuss over a sheet of cards being given away with The Sun.

If you don't like the paper, then don't buy it. As for the claim of allienating people on Merseyside by Topps using The Sun to give away cards... I'm sure they don't give 2 hoots.
I didn't say Topps would give '2 hoots'. Of course they don't as, like I said, the S*n is the biggest paper in the UK - it's the best way to get their name out there so obviously from a marketing POV it's a great idea.

@Phil I wasn't referring to your post directly as many people say/have said that, but as for the 4/5 reading age thing it was a proven statistic that the content is similar in reading age to that of something a 4 or 5 year old could read. I didn't say that those who read it or merely buy it for items included are low in intelligence or have a low reading age, that's a sweeping accusation that obviously wouldn't be true.

But anyway. Question; the cards have 'INT' on the numbering. So I hazard a guess that the superstars are chosen because they are internationals? Interesting choices if that is the criteria, as it appears to be. Sturridge - England, Dzeko - Bosnia etc.. Or am I reading too much into this? It just seems that the superstars are strange choices otherwise, because I would assume it would be Aguero over Dzeko, for example.... Anyone?
Please view the thread of the Euro 2016 & Copa America Stickers I need and also my Euro 2016 & Copa America Sticker trades and PM me if you would like to trade!!!

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@Niamhuslfc07 you are correct they are "international superstars" although i am a bit puzzled by the choices of 2 Germans surely 1 would have been enough, as you don't need both Mertesacker and Ozil!?
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Zabolek
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
bibster
Nov 16 2013, 08:25 PM
The Tesco I went in in Blackburn on Thursday and Friday had received all 4 days together, but were giving the wrong sheets out for that day. Managed to get day 1, 3 and 4 yesterday, but they didn't know where the day 2 sheets were. From the feedback on here, I think we can say that this promotion hasn't been a big success with regards to Tesco. They should stick with WH Smiths, who do lots of promotions with various papers for freebies and seem to be on the ball.
That's why I didn't even bother to buy the papers, as I'm certain my Tesco would never have heard of the promotion. Sad not to get the Superstars but I won't lose too much sleep on it.

Generally, I don't understand the need to redeem the cards, they could just be inserted inside the papers, that would make life easier for collectors, shops and/or newsagents.
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

green6677
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good news to report for any member who has no intention of buying a copy of the Sun - staff at my 2 local Tesco stores were quite happy to let me take the sheets without redeeming any coupons from the paper - have managed to get hold of days 1, 2, 3 and 4 between them both

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Wnet into my local Tesco Express earlier today and spoke to one of the more experienced members of staff who said i was the only 1 that came in with the vouchers for the sheets and after speaking to her about my ordeal with other members of staff towards the end of last week and the promotion, she found me Sunday's which another member of staff said they didn't have, and agreed that if i put a 1 in the charity box, would give me all of the packets of sheets they had that they hadn't chucked away which was all but Thursday's, so i am mighty pleased as i now have 2 boxes worth of Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's!!!
Trade List Wishlist

MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Nov 18 2013, 05:48 PM
Wnet into my local Tesco Express earlier today and spoke to one of the more experienced members of staff who said i was the only 1 that came in with the vouchers for the sheets and after speaking to her about my ordeal with other members of staff towards the end of last week and the promotion, she found me Sunday's which another member of staff said they didn't have, and agreed that if i put a 1 in the charity box, would give me all of the packets of sheets they had that they hadn't chucked away which was all but Thursday's, so i am mighty pleased as i now have 2 boxes worth of Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's!!!
Haha nice one!
Wish list----------------------Feedback

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
Tankerton1
Nov 17 2013, 08:39 PM
@Niamhuslfc07 you are correct they are "international superstars" although i am a bit puzzled by the choices of 2 Germans surely 1 would have been enough, as you don't need both Mertesacker and Ozil!?
That is strange. 2 Arsenal players as well. Maybe an error as I'd presume Ozil is the bigger superstar..
Sturridge for England is a strange choice too, no Rooney or even Gerrard? I understand that it's a newspaper subset but it should kinda make sense...

alanaman
Limited Edition
NIAMHUSLFC07
Nov 18 2013, 07:22 PM
Tankerton1
That is strange. 2 Arsenal players as well. Maybe an error as I'd presume Ozil is the bigger superstar..
Sturridge for England is a strange choice too, no Rooney or even Gerrard? I understand that it's a newspaper subset but it should kinda make sense...
Nothing makes sense with the sub sets. Remember last years legends or leg ends more like. Some of the players classed as legends were crazy lol. With a bit of thought they could have come up with a international from each premier league team and probably used 20 different nationalitys as well.

seagullsim
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Unfortunately, my Tesco messed up slightly, and never got any of the Saturday (Day 3) sheets in. Does anyone have any of these that they could sell / trade me??

Let me know..

Cheers !

safariman
101 Card
Why Alanaman are internationals only legends - personally the sooner we get rid of all the internationals the sooner we might be able to have a decent national team again
Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
alanaman
Nov 19 2013, 02:12 AM
NIAMHUSLFC07
Tankerton1
Nothing makes sense with the sub sets. Remember last years legends or leg ends more like. Some of the players classed as legends were crazy lol. With a bit of thought they could have come up with a international from each premier league team and probably used 20 different nationalitys as well.
True. But what you said is exactly what I was thinking. It could've been great, could've had 20 different nationalities, it wouldn't have been too hard -

Arsenal - Cazorla (Spain), Villa - Benteke (Belgium), Cardiff - Medel (Chile), Chelsea - Luiz (Brazil), Crystal Palace - Dikgacoi (South Africa), Everton - Howard (USA), Fulham - Karagounis (Greece), Hull - Figueroa (Honduras), Liverpool - Agger (Denmark), Man City - Dzeko (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Man United - Rooney (England), Newcastle - Cabaye (France), Norwich - Olsson (Sweden), Southampton - Ramirez (Uruguay), Stoke - Adam (Scotland), Sunderland - Giaccherini (Italy), Swansea - Williams (Wales), Tottenham - Soldado (Spain), West Brom - Long (ROI), West Ham - Petrić (Croatia)

20 different counties, 20 different players. And that didn't take me very long at all.

Matt
Member Avatar
Arsenal Fan
NIAMHUSLFC07
Nov 20 2013, 03:45 PM
alanaman
NIAMHUSLFC07
Tankerton1
True. But what you said is exactly what I was thinking. It could've been great, could've had 20 different nationalities, it wouldn't have been too hard -

Arsenal - Cazorla (Spain), Villa - Benteke (Belgium), Cardiff - Medel (Chile), Chelsea - Luiz (Brazil), Crystal Palace - Dikgacoi (South Africa), Everton - Howard (USA), Fulham - Karagounis (Greece), Hull - Figueroa (Honduras), Liverpool - Agger (Denmark), Man City - Dzeko (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Man United - Rooney (England), Newcastle - Cabaye (France), Norwich - Olsson (Sweden), Southampton - Ramirez (Uruguay), Stoke - Adam (Scotland), Sunderland - Giaccherini (Italy), Swansea - Williams (Wales), Tottenham - Soldado (Spain), West Brom - Long (ROI), West Ham - Petrić (Croatia)

20 different counties, 20 different players. And that didn't take me very long at all.
Berbatov over Karagounis surely?

I have to agree though, that would be a better idea. Maybe not for all 20 teams though, would be too many unless they had 4 per day. I don't understand as to why they included both Ozil and Mertesacker, but as a Gooner, I'm not going to complain!
My Trade List
My Wishlist
My Feedback

alanaman
Limited Edition
Matt
Nov 20 2013, 04:05 PM
NIAMHUSLFC07
alanaman
NIAMHUSLFC07
Tankerton1

I have to agree though, that would be a better idea. Maybe not for all 20 teams though, would be too many unless they had 4 per day. I don't understand as to why they included both Ozil and Mertesacker, but as a Gooner, I'm not going to complain!
20 is not too many, they have done something like this with club badges in the past. They could of had 24, 6 per day and still had room to correct their errors.

hollywood
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As all the previous Superstar cards (apart from Paulinho, Tottenham) were from teams from the first half of the alphabet can we assume that there will be another set possibly next week.

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
Matt
NIAMHUSLFC07
alanaman
NIAMHUSLFC07
Tankerton1

Berba has retired from international football;) Karagounis is an ever-present for Greece too.

But see, these are up for debate but I've show how easy it would've been for them to make a pretty decent subset.
20 is a fair number too, better than other subsets such as the badges (when you consider the WC is coming up) and definitely better than the 60 (?) 'legends'.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
To be fair - I remember reading that the average "reading age" of those who read the Sun is indeed around 5 or something - you have to remember there are a lot of illiterate people (or people who just generally struggle with reading) who will buy the Sun.

I actually think it's some pretty clever marketing by the paper - they know full well how unpopular they are in Scouseland so if they include something that appeals to football fans they know some people that hate the paper will have to buy it. Part of the reason why they're one of the highest selling papers in the UK no doubt.
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

hattersfan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Anyone got any spare sheets?
My feedback page

Awards:

Match Attax London Champion 2012
Match Attax Manchester Npower Championship tournament winner 2013
Match Attax London Over 14's 'tournament' winner 2014

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

l1sboa, spurs. attax and many more.

Bad Traders

arsenal9126
MIKADOO123 (sent me two things about 2 years ago, did not get either of them.)

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Got loads of them Chris.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

Matt
Member Avatar
Arsenal Fan
NIAMHUSLFC07
Nov 20 2013, 07:40 PM
Matt
NIAMHUSLFC07
alanaman
NIAMHUSLFC07
Tankerton1

Berba has retired from international football;) Karagounis is an ever-present for Greece too.

But see, these are up for debate but I've show how easy it would've been for them to make a pretty decent subset.
20 is a fair number too, better than other subsets such as the badges (when you consider the WC is coming up) and definitely better than the 60 (?) 'legends'.
Ah, yeah, that's my bad. Forgot about that. Stekelenburg maybe then? Always the GK for Netherlands?
My Trade List
My Wishlist
My Feedback

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply