Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Premier League 2014
Topic Started: Nov 16 2013, 09:15 PM (5,451 Views)
BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I know this is probably in the wrong place at the moment.

Is it just me or is there very little advertising for the 2014 collection? It's listed on the Click Distribution website so I assume there is going to be one...?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Available early December was the last I hear a couple of weeks ago, theres also a SPL sticker collection due out in the next few weeks as well featuring all clubs from all divisions so basically a way of getting Rangers involved

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Click Distribution's website says 19th December, so if it's earlier than that, surely even more reason for them to start advertising now. Or do they feel that kids nowadays are so into Match Attax that there's probably no point in advertising to a new market?

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hope its better than last years
by the way things are going i bet there wont even be anuff stickers from each team to make a team out off
gone from being a 500 to 600 set to about 350
i say give it to panini they make so much better sticker albums

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hate to say it but I would pass the reigns to Panini as well. Although it would mean no Swap & Play tour, it seems to me as though Topps are more interested in Match Attax nowadays as they're more popular with the kids. Even though older people still like the stickers.

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have manged to find this via Google News:
Posted Image
The picture on the right is supposedly Giggs' mugshot for the new album. Confirmation on the web page - if you can call it that - that the album is to be released on the 19th December. I still think there's worryingly little promotional material for it. No album cover, no details on number of stickers etc. It's almost as if Topps are releasing it for the sake of appeasing those who do it annually. No attempt to appeal to a new market.

Edit: Just found this hidden in Topps' website: Posted Image
Edited by BWinfield17, Nov 29 2013, 07:34 PM.

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great find, thanks so much for sharing, I must complete previous seasons album before new one is released for sure.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Here is the full article on this years collection from toppsfootball.co.uk, including the picture BWinfield17 found of the album:
http://www.toppsfootball.co.uk/news/Topps-News/toppsstickers
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Topps have just took the same book design and changed the colour... as always not very creative, but hey, looks good and appealing.

The cards look insanely good, love the toolbar at the bottom, slight copy of the panini champo set though, but its great still. Definetly a good job this year, hopefully KiCK will retail some packs with their magazines, fingers crossed.

clem132
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
is there any checklist available for this collection yet ??

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Given we don't even know how many stickers are in the album - I would say the chances of a checklist being released prior to Thursday are minimal. Stickipedia will probably have one up pretty soon though.

http://www.footballstickipedia.com/topps-premier-league-2014-sticker-collection.html

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
352 stickers in the album, number 1 and 2 I presume the logos as normal, 16 per team plus kits and then theres 1 from each club PRO 11

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
352 stickers!!! That's useless, Topps should relinquish the rights and let Panini take over - 600+ stickers and they'd cover the Championship probably.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The SPL collection has 490 and covers all 4 divisions, full stickers for the Premiership with half size stickers for the Championship and League 1 with badge and star player for the League 2 clubs

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Thats a very poor show from topps for the Premier League set, which is very disappointing. there used to be at least 6 pages a team but now what there is only going to be 3 or 4 pages if that??
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree it's a poor show from Topps given it's a major annual collection. However I don't think they have much choice.

I remember the days when they would book the entire Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle on a yearly basis for the Premier League Swap Shop. It was very busy and there was about eight people at least doing the swapping.

Last year I went to what is now the Swap and Play Tour at St James Park. The entire Bamburgh Suite was taken up by the event but the area for sticker swapping was no bigger than the average bedroom and was manned by three people max.

How times have changed. How the mighty have fallen.

It seems as though the kids - who are Topps' main target audience - just aren't as interested any more. The main focus is on the Match Attax to meet customer demand. However people are still interested in the sticker collections, so Topps have shrunk the collection to make sure it remains viable for those who still want to buy them.

I don't think Merlin ever broke 700, but I do remember when 670-690 wasn't an unreasonable expectation. Nowadays Topps can't afford to produce many more than 350.

Times have changed and business must adapt to keep up with the change. Topps are no exception.

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
PS. Where has this new information come from? As far as I know retailers haven't received the stuff yet.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just googled this years collection for more information and up came a video which shows some small information at the bottom of a Magazine page which features the album cover, release date and some new information regarding packets and starter packs.
5 stickers a packet 50p per pack (same as last year i believe)
2.00 for starter pack which contains album and 4 packets of stickers.

Also featured were 5 stickers, however only Van Persie is visible the rest fan out to the side behind him, but 3 of the four behind are identifiable; Ozil, Aguero, Oscar and i would have a guess at the last one being Ramsey, although its hard to tell. Does anyone know which magazine this is in?

Can provide a link to the video if anyone would like it
Trade List Wishlist

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd like it if you still have it.

On a side note, the Scottish one is also by Topps and is also out on Thursday. Same design, but dark turquoise and gold instead of red and black.
Edited by BWinfield17, Dec 17 2013, 08:31 PM.

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Not a good show. As I said, Topps would benefit from having maybe s year or two off and handing the reins over to panini, but that would never happen.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
They maybe in shops tomorrow as my stock arrived today

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think Bellamy is on one of the packets - we've hit the big time (though I expect all the clubs are featured over a few packets)

-
Edited by Alan, Dec 18 2013, 12:37 AM.

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Phild
Dec 17 2013, 08:38 PM
Are you allowed to put them on sale before the official release date?

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@BWinfield17 here is the link you wanted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kTzNFPhuhk
Edited by Tankerton1, Dec 17 2013, 09:52 PM.
Trade List Wishlist

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
BWinfield17
Dec 17 2013, 09:14 PM
Phild
Dec 17 2013, 08:38 PM
Are you allowed to put them on sale before the official release date?
They go on sale as soon as they get sorted out to be honest, I tend to find the release date is just an estimate as many shops get items before the scheduled release date

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fair point. Have you had the Scottish stuff in yet?

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Yes, had the Scottish in yesterday as well. Premier League should be sorted today but SPL will hopefully be tomorrow. Finding time to get on top of it is the problem lol

alexo
Regular Card
[ * ]
Looking forward to collecting the Premiership album this year, I will also get the Scottish One too. I remember collecting the sticker albums when West Brom had their first season in the Premiership the books were great plenty of stickers to collect and a lot of effort put into them. Over the last few seasons they haven't been as good.

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Info-
Packet, 50p
Album, 2.00 (contains 4 packs of five cards, an album, and a Match Attax magazine flyer.)

Any other information?

lynettedoolin
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
top 11 stickers have codes to put on line and win stuff
trusted traders

suedehead84(x1)
monkey76(x1)
ethanbreds(x1)
bibster(x1)

StickerSwapping.co.uk
Member Avatar
Football Stickipedia
[ *  *  *  * ]
Checklist is up if you're interested; Topps Premier League 2014 Sticker Collection
Posted Image

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks.

Got the English one today. No sign of the Scottish one yet though.

Sickone95
Member Avatar
Member Title
Got the album today, not impressed.

Firstly, the book feels really flimsy, like a poor home-made one. I don't really know what I was expecting really as it was pretty much a freebie what with it coming with four packets. But they still could have put just a bit more effort into the quality of the album so that I don't have to act as if it were a century old book every time I have a couple of packets to open.

Then there's the design. I don't really mind it, but are Topps really lacking the imagination to come up with a more unique design? Slapping a load of stickers that will be in the album soon isn't a design for the front cover, it's an advertisement poster. The inside isn't much better either with there being only 48 pages! Each team given only two pages with a measly twelve players put inside the album for each of them. They've left out a whole host of players and put in a bunch who shouldn't be anywhere near a sticker album, let alone inside one (That's right Cleverley). I mean, they left out Tottenham's record signing! I don't care what you think of him so far but you don't see them leaving out other 30M signings now do you?! I might have been alright with the amount of stickers in the album if they correctly allocated them but they certainly didn't. Wasting 20 advertising their new fantasy football virtual sticker album thingy was unnecessary.

Now I know this point may be redundant now considering there are some children now who are able to access the internet before they are even able to spell it. But when I was a kid I brought the Premier League albums initially to help me learn about the PL and it's clubs and players (As well as trying to find a hobby to waste away undeserved pocket money). I was addicted to it with the albums being filled with useful stats that were a great thing to learn. But If I gave this book to 8/9 year old me, what on earth is there to help him learn about football? That Southampton has two Japanese players? (Thanks for including them in the album BTW Topps, second highest squad nationality yet we don't even know who any of them are) or that Man United have a 65 win percentage? (As evident by the current table standings.) The 2012/13 stats are given to us in such a stupid way as well. Mertesacker made 163 clearances in the league last year? Yeah thanks, that'll come in handy next time I watch Question of Sport.

I'll still be collecting the set, but only out of the fun of collecting and that this will be album no.11 for me. The set is just really disappointing though. I know that this doesn't have the popularity of Match Attax and that it's best days are behind it (For now anyway) and they would be smart to concentrate on Match attax more than the sticker collection, but it looks like Topps have barely bothered with the set this year. Like they don't really want to do it anymore. Trying to copy the same formula as Match Attax to boost it's appeal (Minimal/poor stats, only a select few players from each squad, interactive game) is NOT the way to go about it.

Feedback & Trusted Traders
Trade list
Wishlist

Posted Image

BWinfield17
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
This is the Scottish one. No sign of it here yet.

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Looks a bit retro to me, pleasing on the eye.

I think the name is just a little too long though...

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Amazing! Can anyone share some thoughts about the collection ?

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I bought my album from WH Smiths yesterday and am going out hunting for packets today as there were none in the shop, they only had the starter packs which was quite disappointing as it is one of the biggest stores in my area. I would agree that topps haven't bothered very much at all with this album. The lack of pre advertising for this years sticker collection hasn't helped its cause and i have asked a number of local shops in the past few weeks weather they will be stocking the collection the answer each time is no due to a lack of demand, so unless fresh ideas and some much needed rejuvenation goes into future albums to attract fresh customers and target a better audience i can only see there not being an album in the future! This is my 10th Premier League Sticker album and i hope not my last, but at this rate im starting to wonder if it will be due to it not being very popular anymore
Trade List Wishlist

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
SlimShady(srb)
Dec 21 2013, 10:40 AM
Amazing! Can anyone share some thoughts about the collection ?
There are many good and bad aspects of this collection I feel.

For a start the album is flimsy, and after only two days of owning it I am already nursing a bruise to the front cover... this is something that in recent years I have hoped tat Topps would never do. Of course the album is just fr stickers, but you do expect a quality book at least, even if it comes across as a freebee with the the stickers. Taking of the stickers, I find them great this year, with a neat toolbar across the bottom of it, this is a great touch as I like to learn something from my sets... but I feel tat the album is lacking the information this year, a couple of years ago the album was a full of interesting sta s and facts to educate and amuse you, but now it is just purely a a sticker album, that is all. That (the info) I think is a ital part of any sticker album. If you want a good album, just a tip, get a Panini Championship 10/11 album. :-)

The good point is purely just the fact that the stickers are still 50p (I know that in the next 5 years we will she an increase in pack prices)... I still think 40p is by far enough for a packet of stickers though...

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Thanks so much for this MatchAttaxMaster101, great quick review!

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I went out and bought a box early this afternoon and i am now 129 short of a full set which is still quite a lot, and i only from my box got 1 of the shiny pro 11 stickers that go in the middle of the album which is a bit of a shame... still at least the swaps didn't go to waste, they have gone in Harry's album to help him fill his a bit more quickly so he was pleased
Trade List Wishlist

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premier League 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply