Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 Topps Premier Gold EPL Pick Ups
Topic Started: Dec 31 2013, 08:07 PM (11,809 Views)
Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This a thread to post all of your pick ups or pulls from this set and to keep the other thread about info only, can't wait to see what people have acquired :)

Here are mine so far

Villa quad patch #11/11

Posted Image

Mathew Lowton Platinum parallel #1/1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tonev autograph (with number signed)

Posted Image
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Love that the Rodriguez numbered of his jersey Catherine and glad you could pick up that great patch Phil :clap

And again that Ronaldo is crazy. I can't wait to see who can find/pick up the platinum version or plate version ;)
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 1 2014, 05:01 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
If you do pull it it will be buried in that collection forever ;)

No thanks necessary, just glad we can all see what is pulled.

Hopefully when the villa quad auto is pulled that it won't have the Tonev 24 so that I'll feel like the auto is slightly inferior and it'll save me A LOT of money (even though the card itself will be awesome) :$

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
My latest: Sir Gabby Agbonlahor :worship (thanks to the guys for the link)

Posted Image

Edited by Portlaw, Jan 1 2014, 10:07 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Diegomanutd
Jan 2 2014, 04:52 AM
Nice printing plate Sean <br /><br />I've yet to pick up a printing plate. Have you got any cards in the mail? I'm still waiting for all of my cards. It's killing me
No I'm still waiting on mine too, mine have only been shipped in the last few days and the sellers are saying it could 3 weeks so looks like a long wait :-/

BUT hopefully our case from Blowout will be here next week and if the Pele 1/1 auto is not in the case I'm asking Blowout for a refund :653

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
clem132
Jan 2 2014, 12:43 PM
just bought the Joe Cole 1 I reckon these will be worth quite a bit as they are a 1 off card
Printing Plates are an odd thing when it comes to value. A lot of card collectors do not see it as a card as it a plate and was used iin the production so they do not see it as essential to their collection (for example Agbonlahor parallel #/11 went for $15 but his plate #/1 went for $20).

But then other collectors see it as being greater than the card as it was used to produce the card and see it as being the first thing produced of the card and sometimes they even have ink (I've a family guy printing plate with dried ink still on it from production).

Either way each printing plate is 1/1 and they are cool as they were used to make the cards

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :653

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
matchattaxguy1
Jan 2 2014, 07:56 PM

How much?
I definitely overpaid for this one. But there will be other Guzan collectors going for his cards and there was an offer pending and really had to have this one so went with the buy it now price.

I'm destroying my funds so I may just have to wait and save the rest of my funds for any Agbonlahor 1/1 or the platinum Guzan of that card above that comes up otherwise I'll broke in a heartbeat
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 2 2014, 11:57 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Diegomanutd
Jan 3 2014, 04:54 AM
Congrats on that 1/1 Guzan! Your Villa collection is shaping up nicely!
Thanks man. Hopefully in the forum break the Guzan, Benteke and Weimann auto's are pulled.

I wouldn't no to a 1/1 or quad but the chances are slim :$

Really looking forward to seeing your United collection after you break your 3 cases
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 3 2014, 06:38 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Diegomanutd
Jan 3 2014, 11:25 PM
Mailday :cheers
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I finally got my first Premier Gold Mailday! These cards are absolutely gorgeous in person...
Those parallels look insane! Can't wait to see them in person myself. Congrats man :D

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
alanaman
Jan 4 2014, 02:27 AM
@Portlaw, have you noticed this one. Auction is still live if you are quick.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171204155602?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Thanks for looking out for me. I might pull a base jersey like that in our case break so I've only been buying the rare cards like 1/1's or unique ones like the quad until I see what comes of our break, but thanks for keeping me in mind I appreciate it :D

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
My quad and tonev auto arrived today and the quad looks spectacular in person. I've never been a fan of auto's but the design of the auto's is pretty cool too

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Thanks Phil you've just ruined the group break now :P

Congrats, that in my opinion the BIGGEST hit in the set

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
If any one manages to see or pull one of these I'm in need of the Brad Guzan shot stoppers parallel #/11 (orange) and #/1 (platinum) to complete the rainbow. I'll givea finders fee especially to the anyone who can find the 1/1 platinum ;)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Portlaw
Jan 2 2014, 07:53 PM

Posted Image

Mwahahahahahahahah

Posted Image

I'm now looking for platinum #1/1 and orange #/11 parallels of both Guzan base cards :D
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 11 2014, 05:58 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
pregra
Jan 11 2014, 10:32 AM
Nice one mate :)

A shame they've used the same picture for both base and Shot Stopper
Thanks man :cheers

Yeah it is a shame, they did it with a lot of players. Seems like laziness on Topps behalf
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 11 2014, 12:58 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I told myself I was done with the patches as I thought I had a piece of everything of the villa jersey possible in this set, however I was wrong, this popped up and is probably the rarest of the villa patches I've got in this set as I haven't seen one like it yet and it's the only 3 colour patch I've seen with the 3 villa colours (claret, blue and yellow). The Weimann patch is from the inside of the jersey, the bottom of the size tag :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 14 2014, 12:44 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I managed to get these 2, thanks to AYA for the help :D All I need is the Guzan orange parallel #/11 patch jersey card and I'll have the full rainbow and I'll probably leave my collection at that for a good while

Guzan #1/1 Platinum parallel jersey patch card

Posted Image

Guzan #4/5 gold parallel jersey patch card

Posted Image

Edited by Portlaw, Jan 18 2014, 02:25 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This is not my pick up but this Ozil 1/1 premier gold parallel base card went for almost $1000 :o The highest selling base card 1/1 I've seen to date and it was limited to buyers on that site, if put on a worldwide site like ebay who knows what it would've sold for

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p384261907

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Unfortunately I've seen no crests of any team inserted but a good few teams have EPL badges on them Villa, West Brom, Crystal Palace and West Ham are the only ones I've seen of the top of my head.

Weimann 1/1 auto went for over $400 I didn't bid but have I missed something with that one? That price is crazy :o

Also I've been told by Topps that THERE WILL BE MORE HIGH END RELEASES IN THE FUTURE :fest

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
These were the other prizes inserted in the case break competition:

1st place- Ronaldo boots

2nd place- Arteta boots

3rd place- Bent boots

4th place- Ben Davies boots

5th place- Tim Howard gloves

I also mentioned it to them about maybe putting in crest patches to the next product like the do with american sports products and he said it was a great idea so hopefully an even better product next time round :clap

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I managed to pick up the Guzan 1/1 shot stopper platinum base card so all I need is the #/11 orange parallel to complete it so if anyone happens to have one please let me know :)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
No Alan, I haven't picked up any myself. Are you sure they don't ship to the UK? I find that a bit surprising. The ebay listing may say it doesn't ship worldwide but if you put a bid on it, it should be ok :)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan
Feb 2 2014, 07:22 PM
I've been stung by Customs twice now. I don't really mind the customs charges, what gets me is the 8 the Post Office charge as a handling fee.

Before I go an pick up this new card tomorrow, I'd like to know if anyone knows if there is a limit to the value of coins acceptabe as legal tender. Years ago I'm sure you were only allowed to use so many of any one coin. Anyone know?

I changed money in my bank yesterday so that I will be paying the whole 11.61 in 1p coins - 1,161 pennies!!!! The Post Office want to charge such an extortionate handing charge I'll be there to make sure someone in the Post Office will actually have to do somethign to earn their money. I won't be in any hurry, I'm retired so don't care how long it's going to take them to count the money. I hope a really big, angy queue builds up.

Am I going to have some fun.............

Alan
Is Royal Mail really that strict with customs Alan? :o

In Ireland An Post has only ever hit me with customs on large boxes and that would be approx 1 in every 10 boxes. Are those customs on small packages with cards?

I do like your plan of how to get back at them though :clap

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Wow that seems a bit ridiculous, I've had packages with declared value of $50-60 and none hit with customs. Is there any other form of postal service you guys can use to avoid the fees?

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Super pick up Diego :D

Has anybody else noticed a pick up in price of the parallels? Especially in the #/11 and #/1 of both base and hits?

The base hits seem to be going low but the low numbered cards are holding great value and seem to me to be rising in price, I know it is still early in the release but a lot of early heat from the set has blown over and still seem to be high

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Diegomanutd
Feb 12 2014, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys!

@portlaw

Yea man, I've noticed parallels have sky rocketed in price. Luckily I've completed most the ones I need. Still need a few more orange parallels but I might have to wait or pass at the prices they are going for. Any luck finding the Guzan shot stopped orange?
No still no sign of one unfortunately. I've yet to see one let alone lose out to one. Hopefully it wont be too long till one pops up, I'll feel a lot more at ease once I have the rainbow finished :P

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Dorking
Feb 14 2014, 08:05 PM
Very early on I got both the Speroni 1/1's (platinum and Premier Gold) for something like 15 each (can't remember exact figures but they're on the forum), now I wouldn't expect them to go for less than 50 each. I think for the first 2 weeks, a lot of UK collectors weren't aware of the set (ie until the UK sellers started selling them in any numbers on UK ebay)

Glad I hovered up the majority of what I wanted early doors.

Also hardly got stung by customs for the first 3 weeks or so, now it feels like every overseas package! Is my address on a blacklist??

For the handful of cards I still want I'm trying to stick to uk ebay and Canada ebay as I can't bear any more customs surcharges from the post office!
All it would have took was one other buyer who wants a card too and that could be the difference between a $20 and $100 selling price, I've noticed most of the Villa 1/1's (base) going for $60-70, I did manage to get the Guzan 1/1 jersey card for a great price with the two #/11 jersey cards selling for more but nevertheless this set has been a lot more expensive than I anticipated.I still can't believe that the Weimann 1/1 auto went for over $400.

Do you not get charged customs from Canada but you do from other countries? I have 2 boxes coming in and do expect customs on those but never on small packages. It's a shame there aren't more UK sellers like the US but again as stated before a lot of UK sellers have their cards priced way over there true value
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 14 2014, 08:24 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Awesome cards Preben. I managed to pick up the Lowton 1/1 future stars insert premier gold to complete my second rainbow. Just waiting on the Guzan #/11 shot stopper to complete my third, still very strange how I've yet to see one yet

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
KarlHungus
Feb 15 2014, 03:45 AM
Portlaw
Feb 12 2014, 02:18 AM
I know it is still early in the release but a lot of early heat from the set has blown over and still seem to be high
I don't know about that. My guess is that about 2/3 of this release has been sold now (if not more), based on the cards that have become available via auction sites. Collectors start to realize that cards are drying up and that they will have to pay more than what they originally thought was too much :-)

I almost can't image that Panini and Upper Deck have not been watching this and not think that there are opportunities with similar products.
Imagine that there were like 6 or 8 sets like this every year :fest
A lot of the numbered stuff is drying up, yes. But the early heat has definitely dropped, however that is expected with every release, a product is always hot at release as a lot of collectors get stuck in straight away and pick up their cards first which was smart with regards to numbered cards which have risen in price (heat will rarely drop on numbered cards) but not when it came to base auto's etc as they have fallen quite a bit. I agree with you about Upper Deck producing this stuff, it would be amazing with the patches etc, personally I wouldn't be a fan of Panini. Shame Topps do have sole rights to the Premier League. Would be great to see more than company release this stuff
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 15 2014, 10:34 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Here is an image of the boots for those that are interested :D (sorry about the quality of the image)

Posted Image
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 19 2014, 08:22 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
UPDATE: I contacted the seller and he has since cancelled the bids of the questionable buyer.

On another note anybody happen to see a Guzan shot stopper #/11 orange parallel yet?

Edited by Portlaw, Feb 20 2014, 05:03 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I said to myself ok time to relax Sean, no more buying, you have enough in your collection just calm it...and then this popped up and well what harm can one more card do ;)

Posted Image
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 21 2014, 03:16 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
That is as good as it can possibly get, really beautiful, congrats Catherine :worship

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Here is my complete Guzan jersey card rainbow. Unfortunately I had to pick between going for either all cards being 1 (his jersey number) or going for the uniqueness of the patch. I decided to go for the more unique patches and here is the finished product. All include a piece of the Barclays Premier League patch

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@Pregra - It was on ebay when I purchased it.

The thread has become very hard to follow particular people pick ups so here is a link to my collection album. I will be updating it with my lower cards soon:

https://plus.google.com/photos/114216921063360764115/albums/5655183975962331937

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@KMoran28 - sorry for missing your question. It's a 1/1. All premier gold background cards are 1/1.

@Subzero3k - that's amazing, did you purchase it from them or was it received as in exchange for one of the redemption jersey cards? :)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Another recent pick up of mine

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just got this one in. A big thanks again AYA for the help, a fantastic member :worship

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Nice pick up there congrats :D

Unfortunately I'm selling my quad patch card as I've a big purchase in a different set which brings me to a question. How would you feel if sketch cards were introduced into a high end football products?

Leaf produce sets of american football, hockey etc and have sketch cards of the players inserted. I personally love sketch cards (my avatar is a sketch card of Jupiter) and think they would be a very cool addition but just curious as to other peoples opinions on it

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply