Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 Topps Premier Gold EPL Pick Ups
Topic Started: Dec 31 2013, 08:07 PM (11,839 Views)
Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've bought a couple of Palace ones off ebay. This is my favourite so far :clap

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I got this one via ebay. Very happy. Could get is signed myself in the Crystal Palace players carpark one home match. But the autograph would look different to everyone else's, so may well just stick with it as it is.

Posted Image

And this one is my biggie. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Dorking, Jan 6 2014, 06:51 AM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
*sorry about that*

That quad is the only mega-special Palace one really as there are no dual or quad relics for Palace so I pushed the boat out rather a bit (by my standards).

I always use auctionsniper to be honest (I don't like late nights either!).

Overall though I much prefer 'Buy it now' so I can just be sure I've got the card I want if I don't mind the price.

I'm sure prices for the more run of the mill stuff will gradually come down, and so by buying stuff now I'm paying more than I might pay in 6 months time, but I just want them! Also, at the moment I don't think hardly any other Palace card/sticker collectors probably even know about this set, so I'm being quick trying to grab the good stuff while I've got it to myself.

There are absolutely tons of Bolasie auto cards on ebay and so you can get those for under a fiver (plus postage)...in fact the postage is the main nuisance for most purchases from over the pond.

I do love it though when a seller starts a rare parallel at just 99 cents (auction)! With the help of auctionsniper, I got a Chamakh in orange ( /11) for 7.54 ($12.39) :)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I've got to go and collect my first international parcel this afternoon from the Post Office :)

EDIT - got my package. They're REALLY thick (the relics at least), with REALLY sharp corners. Quality cards!!
Edited by Dorking, Jan 6 2014, 07:15 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Gottit

Speroni 1/1

:clap

Posted Image

21.84 + 1.52 postage (the benefit of collecting an unfashionable team :653 )
Edited by Dorking, Jan 11 2014, 07:31 AM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
The Chamakh picture is the same as on Match Attax :(

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Niiiiice!

Just got Speroni Platinum Base (1/1) FOR 9.90 + p&p

Posted Image

which means I have completed my first 'Rainbow' !!!

(ie Regular Base + Green /99 + Orange /11 + Platinum 1/1 + Premier Gold 1/1) - I've also got one of the printing plates as well!!
Edited by Dorking, Jan 14 2014, 11:41 AM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I've got done by customs 4 times now - all on items from Hong Kong :(

As people say, it's the 8 surcharge that really takes the biscuit. Had several jiffy's from USA with value of circa $50 stated on the front label come through no problem.

Picked up another Speroni plate the other day, which means I need just two more plates to totally complete his base card variants.

Most of what I'm after now are 1/1's. A few printing plates still on ebay but a little overpriced, and to be honest I can take or leave them really but the platinum and Premier Gold 1/1's have all but evaporated from the various ebay sites. Luckily I loaded up early on when the cards first came out.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
One of my favourites so far - Bolasie signed jersey /10

Posted Image

One that got away (it vanished from ebay VERY quickly) - Bolasie signed jersey /5

Posted Image

Oh well, still 4 more of those fish in the sea!!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Very early on I got both the Speroni 1/1's (platinum and Premier Gold) for something like 15 each (can't remember exact figures but they're on the forum), now I wouldn't expect them to go for less than 50 each. I think for the first 2 weeks, a lot of UK collectors weren't aware of the set (ie until the UK sellers started selling them in any numbers on UK ebay)

Although I did wonder a couple of weeks ago, I'm glad I hoovered up the majority of what I wanted early doors.

Also hardly got stung by customs for the first 3 weeks or so, now it feels like every overseas package! Is my address on a blacklist??

For the handful of cards I still want I'm trying to stick to uk ebay and Canada ebay as I can't bear any more customs surcharges from the post office!
Edited by Dorking, Feb 14 2014, 08:45 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
From Canada, they've literally been in jiffys with postage stamps on and they've sailed through.

The Topps Authentics 'blank backs' were in boxes and if there were 1 or 2 in the box (ie $20) then they got through, but if three in a box then they were over the 15 limit and so got caught on those.

Early on, sellers were willing to start loads of rarities at 99cents on ebay.com and so by only bidding once, at the last second, with auctionsniper I got loads of bargains. Now that all the ones I want are /11, /5 or 1/1 they never seem to start at 99cents!

There do seem to be a lot less of the rarest cards around now, so it's more of a waiting game. At the start I was paying for half a dozen cards every day - must have spent a fortune in total on postage!

If my team (Palace) stay up and they do the same collection again next year, I may just collect the standard cards and only go for the jersey cards in all the variations. I suspect Palace will save me a few quid and go down a division - which would give me another year to keep chasing the rare ones from this collection!!

I've cut back from wanting every single variation, and am trying to get a fairly comprehensive Palace collection with examples of all the different finishes, but not going crazy on all the printing plates (for example)

I have passed up a few real beauties, as I cannot personally justify the cost per card, but I've saved the images of them on my computer at least!!

So glad that my team isn't as popular as United or Liverpool though - that would be a job for the real hardcore collector (Diego!!)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I picked up another Julian Speroni (Palace keeper) printing plate last week, so now for his base card (#21) I'm down to just needing 2 plates to complete "everything" for it. No way I'm going to even attempt that for any other player though!!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
KarlHungus
Feb 15 2014, 03:45 AM
My guess is that about 2/3 of this release has been sold now (if not more), based on the cards that have become available via auction sites. Collectors start to realize that cards are drying up and that they will have to pay more than what they originally thought was too much :-)

I'd kind of agree with that estimate. The rarest ( /11 and lower) cards are definitely drying up on the ebay sites, so what is being hunted for is either spread far and wide, or in unopened (ie unsold) packets.

I've been set up with a complete 'Palace variations' checklist since day one, and whilst I've seen almost every card in most 'type' variations (bar a fair few of the 1/1's obviously), I haven't yet for example seen a single "Joel Ward" in orange parallel ( /11) on any site anywhere - which is pretty weird - you'd have thought at least one would have surfaced somewhere!

So there is still a fair percentage out there still to be sought, but probably less bargains, and 99 cent starts for the rarer ones!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Some great collections on here!

I've noticed that a load of (green) 01/99's and 99/99's have appeared all at the same sort of time (and mostly from China)....have they been saving them up, or do they have special boxes over there?

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
My latest acquisition

Posted Image

Bolasie auto relic /5

I've now just got 2 x /11's (orange) to get, one /5 (the quad auto book card - so prob not going to happen) and then everything else I haven't got is just 1/1's (which I can live with - many will never surface!)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
The rare stuff really is drying up now on the ebay sites. Are the traders switching their efforts towards the World Cup stuff??

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I wouldn't want them to do that. If people want sketch cards, then there should be separate colections of them, like the tshutti-hefli (sp?) world cup cards. In my opinion it's just padding out a set with something I'm not particularly after. Art is very subjective - something one person loves isn't someone else's cup of tea, whereas sports card fans all like your traditional sports card.

Can't really explain it well, but not really something I'd be too happy to see.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
As much as I've managed to get examples of most types of 1/1's from the Premier Gold set, I have to say they are a pain. You may never see one you really want, as it could stay in an unsold/unopened pack.

I know the Premier League is league that has worldwide interest, but having rare cards turn up in loads of different far flung countries has cost me a fortune in postage, simply for trying to pull together a comprehensive collection.

As Crystal Palace have stayed up, if there is a set next year, I think I'll just stick mostly to base cards, plus maybe one card per jersey and auto etc. It's been a serious drain this year!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Nice dual. Hope they do duals this season.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Quad relic card (the one with Henderson) currently on ebay.com for $49.99

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Didn't win this, but it went for $89 a few hours ago

Posted Image

1/1 Platinum relic.

Would have been about $150 early this year. Unusual to see such a rare card for sale now, interest in 'last years' set definitely dropped.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
It's taken a year but suddenly this has appeared

Posted Image

Sadly my remaining budget it too tempted by the 2014 series autos. :653

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply