Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Collecting
Topic Started: Jan 11 2014, 01:29 PM (3,040 Views)
Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Problem UK sellers have is they have had to pay increased prices for stock compared to non UK sellers and so will have to ask increased prices for the items, luckily I took only a small delivery compared to some.

For West Brom cards i'll buy what I like to be honest, if I overpay a little for an item so be it if its an item I want or like the look of. Its the first time we have been involved in a collection like this. I don't buy for investment purposes I buy as a collector and don't really care if others think I overpay or not, my choice and as long as I don't spend what I cannot afford to do then thats fine by me.

The numbered cards to #/99 will drop and have dropped, the other numbered cards in many cases could increase as they dry up.

I've collected American Sports cards on and off for a number of years, I think I started originally in 1982 but as that was before ebay I gave up as it was a struggle to get anywhere with them, since then I have dipped in now and again but have the problem of customs charges these days more so than before. Its amazing the difference in UK collectors compared to US collectors. UK collectors seem to be more reluctant to pay a premium price for a card and the manufacturers and some collectors seem to resent independent card sellers where in the US they are encouraged and some of the top dealers are consulted by the manufacturers before items are produced. Maybe its because there has never been a decent collection in the UK that doesn't involve Match Attax and Adrenalyn XL for a long period of time and those cards have been available on the manufacturers website a few months after release.
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Its okay saying that but when UK sellers had to put orders in back in October or so we were unaware of costs elsewhere around the world, if we had been aware then I for one would not have purchased from here and would have gone from overseas for my stock. Not the smoothest purchases I have made from suppliers in the UK.

You cannot do a basic google search when buying trade which is where the problems have come for us, the price we have paid trade is not much different to what we can buy off ebay elsewhere.
Edited by Phild, Jan 12 2014, 01:26 PM.
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I registered on Blowout when the cards came out, I only viewed it very rarely before that as I use another forum in the US more so. If I am contacted by my suppliers here in UK then why would I look around for another company ? Prices were not certain here for a long while to the extent some of us received calls asking how we felt about Topps increasing the prices as they were uncertain if they would make enough money from the product !! I think you are missing the point slightly. If I pre-order from DAcards etc then obviously they are getting stocks at prices cheaper than here in UK if we are paying more ? They are resellers of cards just like me and others (albeit on a massively greater scale and one I will never achieve), their stock comes from Topps same as ours were supposed to be coming from (open to suggestion seemingly if they did or not). I have no knowledge of how many suppliers are in Australia to be honest, I guess not many who would stock this product so you would have to look at the US etc.

To the subject of the patches, not impressed one bit to be honest as we've mentioned elsewhere on the forum, some are not even the shirts worn in the image and for my part Geroge Thornes one is one he must have worn when signing for Topps as he's never worn it in a game.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply