Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Collecting
Topic Started: Jan 11 2014, 01:29 PM (3,123 Views)
rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just curious to know how far people are going on collecting the cards? Are people trying to get an entire team set, printing plates and all, or stopping at a certain colour? I was originally just intending going for the base and greens, but this has now stretched to some oranges and may end up going further...
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Really interesting to hear the different way people are collecting the set! Agree with dvsgooner that there's something annoying about having 1/1 cards as it makes it impossible to get a complete set if that's what you are aiming for.

It's interesting seeing what things are going for on ebay and trying to work out what is good value and what isn't - by the sound of it the RRP per card is 5, but how you work down from that for base cards and up for the rarer ones seems to be very random at the mo!

It's also making ebay a bit more interesting - I tend to generally use buy it now on the site and the Panini / Topps UK stuff is easy to get at a reasonable price, but with this set I'm having to do more last minute bids and making sure I don't bid more than I should in the heat of the auction!
Wanted:

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Agree with Dorking and Portlaw about the Platinum cards - they just look like a mix of between the base and green cards.
Wanted:

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm trying to get a full Sunderland set of base, green and orange (still after a couple of orange) and other bits and bobs depending on the price - I've managed to get some of the others (platinums, printing plates, although no golds yet!) at reasonable prices, but can't justify spending the amount that some are being listed for on ebay.
Wanted:

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Connor Wickham platinum jersey is on ebay and it looks great, but for $350 which I can't afford! The buyer is taking offers though so I might still get lucky!
Wanted:

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to have a go for the Wickham card and see how I get on - with any luck they are just hoping for the best with the price and will take quite a bit less. I've seen some other stuff I'm interested in for BIN's that are too pricey so I'm hoping they'll end up listed for lower prices.
Dorking - much of that applies to Sunderland too - I don't think the likes of Lee Cattermole have much international appeal!
Wanted:

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm having a similar problem with the Borini Hot Shots #/11 - I've seen one when they were first released and nothing since - I think it's just a case of being patient and hoping any that appear aren't too steep.

Not fancying my chances of getting the Wickham card - I'm trying to get an Altidore #/11 from the same seller and the lowest he'll go to with that is $58 (approx 35) which is too expensive - another seller is selling it as a BIN for 20...
Wanted:

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The crest cards would be great, but I hate to think how much they'd go for!
Wanted:

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I managed to miss out on the Wickham patch 1/1 card and the Altidore orange that I was after and they both went cheap - $61.06 and $1.04. So annoyed with myself as I missed the end of the auction - too busy watching the Liverpool game :(

The seller must be kicking himself though - he originally had them as 'best offer' listings and turned down offers of $250 for the Wickham card and $58 for the Altidore one...
Wanted:

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well done, and it's always nice to get a bargain! You've done well to get a printing plate for all of them too!
Wanted:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply