Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3rd Team Case Break - Topps Gold 2013
Topic Started: Jan 19 2014, 06:50 PM (941 Views)
Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When doing the tiers I believe the price tiers was to give value for you're money in respect to the risk you're taking. You pay about $120 for Man Utd in the chance of hitting that $2000 card of Ronaldo, whereas you pay $95 for Villa where you will get more cards yes but value wise in most cases you are better off buying singles, the Reason villa is $95 is because you will get more than 3 hits of them not because they are worth good money.

In the first case everyone was saying looks like Villa was the best deal deal, but Man utd, Arsenal, Man City etc were all better than Villa. Villa's rarest card in the set went for $200 and there are 5 of them. There are 5 Ronaldo 1/1's which are valued at $2000, 10 times the value of Villa.

We buy packs taking the gamble on something special and the tier pricing is there to not only take in the likelihood of the amount of cards each spot will get but also what you could potentially get out of you're spot.

Also collation is never perfect, if all 60 hits were for example Sunderland then the gamble for whoever went for sunderland paid off and it's just hard luck on everyone else. If Southampton have 0 auto's/ jerseys then you will not get 3 hits of them, it won't happen. 3 Southampton 1/1's in a case just won't happen. So if no one will take that spot it's best to just split the $43 19 ways (only a little over $2 extra per spot) and just share the base of them
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 24 2014, 01:32 PM.
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
1 of those 5 Ronaldo's is currently at $3500 at the moment
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply