Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Case break 1 by Portlaw - if you were involved please read.
Topic Started: Jan 30 2014, 12:55 PM (1,357 Views)
Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow that is very nice of you guys to suggest, really kind gesture.

Of course I'll try be impartial to myself and will go with good old fashioned random draw as it would seem the only other option.

I do know that Blowoutcards won the first prize of Ronaldo boots (when you have a forum with 30,000 members and many who just visit the site it's hard to compete with), we won third prize, I've no idea about second but I would assume they are also signed boots and maybe 4th and 5th were boxes, I think the member who posted up a video here might have come 4th or 5th so maybe he could share what he won
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Really means a lot to me that you guys are being so kind.

These are the other prizes:

1st place- Ronaldo boots

2nd place- Arteta boots

3rd place- Bent boots

4th place- Ben Davies boots

5th place- Tim Howard gloves
Edited by Portlaw, Jan 30 2014, 04:42 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
soccercardz
Jan 30 2014, 04:37 PM
Portlaw
Jan 30 2014, 01:23 PM
Wow that is very nice of you guys to suggest, really kind gesture.

Of course I'll try be impartial to myself and will go with good old fashioned random draw as it would seem the only other option.

I do know that Blowoutcards won the first prize of Ronaldo boots (when you have a forum with 30,000 members and many who just visit the site it's hard to compete with), we won third prize, I've no idea about second but I would assume they are also signed boots and maybe 4th and 5th were boxes, I think the member who posted up a video here might have come 4th or 5th so maybe he could share what he won
Yeah ... Would love to know who won the other prizes and what they received from Topps :)
The member on here in fact won the 4th prize with Davies boots and also a box of Topps Premier Gold so congrats to him :) It's a shame there was no box with ours as it would have been great to even send a pack out to everyone. You never know though Topps may surprise us.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Jeff from Topps who has been great in replying to all my questions said that most of the items were worn by the players (all but 1 he thinks mightn't have been) but he does not know if they were game worn or not. There may be one way in deciding which were not worn at all by the player but it would involve a picture of each to see if they are the same boots which the player currently wears or has worn and also if they are the same size as the players shoe size. But I've seen a picture of the Ronaldo boots and they seem to be the same ones as you has used previously so we'll see when the Bent ones arrives, I'm hoping they are Umbro ones or his early nikes over his latest since his switch to nike. UTV :D

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
rhinorays
Feb 5 2014, 10:06 PM
The Howard gloves are on ebay!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-USED-EVERTON-TIM-HOWARD-GLOVES-2013-TOPPS-PREMIER-GOLD-PRIZE-WINNER-/181318034308?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3765a384
(And well done everyone for letting Sean have the boots - a nice touch!)
Really surprised they are not signed but I think the seller is asking WAY to much for those.

It was extremely kind of everyone about the boots. If it was any of the other prizes I'd want to give it back to the group or forum (if it was the Ronaldo ones I wouldn't even want them in possession for fear of damaging them and they are also so valuable that I would have needed to do about 100 case breaks to earn those) and have it given to someone who would appreciate it but with it being Bent and him still being a Villa man or was come the summer transfer window, they would be the centrepiece of my collection and it really means a lot.

I see the seller posted the email he got, for anyone interested this is the one I got:

Hi Sean,

Congratulations! You had the 3rd most views in the Premier Gold case break competition. You win a signed pair of Darren Bent boots. Please send your address to allow us to ship out the prize.

Thanks,

Jeff
The Topps Company Inc.
Ph:
Email:

I was quite fearful that they wouldn't ship outside the US with the restrictions on sellers selling outside the US.

Thanks to everyone though and I hope you guys won't be disappointed... ;)
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 6 2014, 03:32 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Haha, I was surprised no one said anything in the first place but glad it was a surprise.

Yes, there was a box included but it was to my surprise as well. When the delivery man knocked and I saw the box all I could think was how much will these customs be as the box was the same size if not bigger than the last but fedex mustn't charge customs as he just looked for my signature. Anyways when I opened it there was a box and the boots. I had to think about what to do with the packs as I would have liked to send a pack to everyone but to fit the pack in the envelope I would have had to open it and just put in the silver wrapper pack which I felt would take away from the fun BUT the main reason I opened them to do by teams was that everybody paid good money for their slot and if there was a 1/1 (which there was in this box) they would be disappointed especially with the 1/1 auto's going for big money so I got them packaged up and sent out and I'm glad they are arriving. I want to keep the contents a surprise for people but there was a numbered case hit autograph and a 1/1.

There will also be 2 members who will have a villa jersey or auto, this was because your team had no hits (parallel,auto or jersey) so I took an auto or jersey from the case break and put it into your package so you got something out of it. Out of the box there was one villa card which was a base and I also put that into someones package. I heard somebody say that every box seems to have a Villa hit, if I open a box/case and you want villa hits then you will be disappointed ;)

The boots look great, if someone was selling them you'd get more money selling them as boots then as as a piece of memorabilia as they seem to be dear (I had to give up football when I accepted my scholarship so I'm not sure of the new boots available). But again I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for the kind gesture these really are the centrepiece of my Villa collection :worship
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 12 2014, 12:04 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Feb 11 2014, 09:20 PM
I got a Henderson relic & Mcshane auto

I may be wrong but that Henderson jersey looked to be a bit of a variant, not a major one but did seem a little different with a white seam if I'm not mistaken? :)

Glad everybody is happy with the cards, it was my pleasure.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
pnchocolates
Feb 12 2014, 05:09 PM
Got my package today with the Guzan jersey, what a fantastic surprise.
Brilliant Sean, many thanks..........
How many times have you had those boots on
No problem at all. Haha, I'm a size 14 and the boots a size 10 so I don't think I'll even chance trying on the boots in fear of damaging them, I'll try upload a pic of them later this evening :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply