Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Case Break 2 - by Lynettedoolin - members involved please read.
Topic Started: Jan 31 2014, 09:03 PM (3,682 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi all,

As Lynette does not seem to be bothered to reply to my request for an update despite being on here several times since my post I suggest you all claim refunds via PAYPAL for you money.

Phil has contacted BLOWOUT cards and has been told an order was placed but payment failed. Blowout have tried to contact Lynette without success.

Lynette may well have sourced through another avenue but I think you should assume the worst and look to reclaim your money as a matter of urgency.

If a case arrives and your cards are eventually sent you should pay on receipt.

I'm very sorry that this has happened on here after such a great break by Portlaw.

We will be defining some very strict rules for future case breaks on this forum.

Regards

Tollyman.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I hope this doesn't put members off future case breaks. I think they are great for the community spirit of the forum.
Can we use this thread to make suggestions on what rules we can put in place for future breaks?
I'd certainly still be happy to take part in another Premier Gold case break. I'm even happy to run it if we set any needed rules in place first.
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Having never raised a paypal dispute before, is everyone just escalating straight away or waiting for a response from Lynette via paypal?
Thanks in advance
Pete

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
hi pholla65.

you could leave it a day or 2.

give lynette a chance to reply.

if this has went wrong and she doesnt reply then thats more to back your claim.

paypal will look at all the info given in each case and make a decision.

those paying through paypal via credit card may have another layer of protection.
Please check out my pictured set at -
Italy set fully pictured Rangers set fully pictured
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

TRADING FEEDBACK - PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK HERE

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ofb1988
Jan 31 2014, 10:24 PM
hi pholla65.

you could leave it a day or 2.

give lynette a chance to reply.

if this has went wrong and she doesnt reply then thats more to back your claim.

paypal will look at all the info given in each case and make a decision.

those paying through paypal via credit card may have another layer of protection.
Thanks, sounds sensible.

FootballCardsIN
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not very sure as to how one gets a refund via paypal. My account is limited and I can't receive payments on paypal. Anyway I can get the refund if this doesn't end up going through? I do have another account where I receive can receive money but the one I paid from is limited. Any help would be appreciated

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
FootballCardsIN
Feb 1 2014, 03:35 AM
I'm not very sure as to how one gets a refund via paypal. My account is limited and I can't receive payments on paypal. Anyway I can get the refund if this doesn't end up going through? I do have another account where I receive can receive money but the one I paid from is limited. Any help would be appreciated
I'm pretty sure that this won't count as you getting paid but rather you getting a refund for your purchase. Whether you are limited or not paypal will always cover customers against being scammed so you should be able to do so :)
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 1 2014, 12:12 PM.
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bibster and monkey76 you are both trusted traders of lynettedoolin, does this mean you have her address as this will be useful!! I had 3 teams in this break so I am more than a little annoyed and would appreciate any help in getting my £151 back.

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
I'm sure you will all be ok as long as you didn't pay by gift.

Everyone should -

Open a case

Explain what you were buying and the time it should have been there. Just say football cards etc.

Say on your case you want your cards but as seller has went quiet and the agreed timescales have not been met you have opened a case to see if you can get a response.

Leave this case for say 5 days. When seller doesnt reply it adds weight to your case.

Then escalate your case and PayPal will sort it.

If members involved need help drop me a pm.
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Mine has been escalated to a claim. I opened the case last night and then saw she was on here but did not reply to my PM to her that had been sent earlier in the day.
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Makes you wonder if PAYPAL will instigate some sort of action against her when they get a whole load of claims for one person!
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

stevesmith
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tollyman
Feb 1 2014, 01:17 PM
Makes you wonder if PAYPAL will instigate some sort of action against her when they get a whole load of claims for one person!
i reported a con man on ebay but they were claiming for lost items and i contacted other sellers who all had the same problem so i contacted ebay and paypal but they weren't interested so got in touch with the police and told the con man i'd passed on his details and all of the claims were dropped,this could well be a police matter also.
TRADE LIST

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Whilst I don't like the possibility of being ripped off (which I am not suggesting has happened at all as lynette has not responded to anything so we do not know the reasons why this has not gone through), its the whole principle of it which puts people off getting involved at other times. Not sure if Paypal will do anything but due to the amount involved then it is close to coming under fraud I would guess which does open it up to other avenues.

For me I no longer want any part of it and will accept a full refund only.
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think that a small group of people should be made approved group break hosts like on blowout. Where most members have the name member or moderator some could have approved group break host or something. There would have to be certain criteria to become one like over 18 basic stuff like that (not sure if lynette was). Only these members could then host case breaks and would make people feel a lot more comfortable about joining knowing there are trusted members on the site who will look after the break, just a thought?
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 1 2014, 01:42 PM.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think that's a great idea from Portlaw.
I don't see any reason why we can't hold regular case breaks in the future if things are done properly.
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
An Escrow type of thing where money is held by a third party until the time comes to make payment could also work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Feb 1 2014, 02:02 PM
An Escrow type of thing where money is held by a third party until the time comes to make payment could also work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow
Can a claim be made if the member does not send the cards like it can be with paypal?

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Payments would still be made by Paypal just to a nominated third party. I only used the link as an example of what I meant to be honest.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Feb 1 2014, 02:31 PM
Payments would still be made by Paypal just to a nominated third party. I only used the link as an example of what I meant to be honest.
Oh yes I see what you mean now. But would the third party would still then send the money onto who was doing the break? Or would the third party just pay direct because there address will be linked with the paypal as many companies ship from the paypal address? The third party would also have to be nominated the same way as an approved group break host

mojoe
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
just a point. have you all checked to see if all the money has been payed in to the same account.
trusted traders
kimmeh_d .bibster x2 ukbasedcollector. monkey76 .mszaby x16 .darbo. laliga x4 .spurs.attax x2. K-Schwein. RobJones1973 x 4

wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6998851/
tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6996963/
feedback http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7021072/

Zabolek
Signature Card
I have also escalated directly to a claim - hopefully, that doesn't go against me. I did write very politely though. :)
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Portlaw
Feb 1 2014, 02:37 PM
Phild
Feb 1 2014, 02:31 PM
Oh yes I see what you mean now. But would the third party would still then send the money onto who was doing the break? Or would the third party just pay direct because there address will be linked with the paypal as many companies ship from the paypal address? The third party would also have to be nominated the same way as an approved group break host
I think thats something that would have to be discussed and sorted as and when, lots of things we would need to be happy with all round.

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lynette is on line now!!! Please respond to everyone Lynette

mojoe
Member Avatar
100 Club
you have got more chance of seeing lord lucan rideing shergar on rivington pike then get a responce from lynettedoolin read the posts. philld was very suspicious. but still took part ?
trusted traders
kimmeh_d .bibster x2 ukbasedcollector. monkey76 .mszaby x16 .darbo. laliga x4 .spurs.attax x2. K-Schwein. RobJones1973 x 4

wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6998851/
tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6996963/
feedback http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7021072/

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
pholla65
Feb 1 2014, 03:41 PM
Lynette is on line now!!! Please respond to everyone Lynette
I think its very rude still browsing the site but refusing to explain situation

FootballCardsIN
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lynette is online right now as well. Lost my chance of getting any united cards off a case break! Was my only hope!! Only if I get a full refund off paypal will I be able to get any at all!

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
those affected will be covered by paypal. be it 1 person or 100.

im pretty sure all will be refunded IF they paid by normal paypal and not gift.

My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
mojoe
Feb 1 2014, 04:03 PM
you have got more chance of seeing lord lucan rideing shergar on rivington pike then get a responce from lynettedoolin read the posts. philld was very suspicious. but still took part ?
I was wary but still took part, god knows why.

cannon
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
mojoe
Feb 1 2014, 04:03 PM
I agree, but still find it very strange that lynettedoolin is still browsing the forum without any explanation whatsoever, surely you would log out and then browse. very disappointed by the whole episode to be honest, and looks like I will have to contact paypal too
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
What bothers me is this - She insisted that people pay as "not gift" and still tries to "avoid" sending ? Makes no sense. PayPal will certainly refund everyone, I would“t worry about that guys.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
SlimShady(srb)
Feb 1 2014, 06:21 PM
What bothers me is this - She insisted that people pay as "not gift" and still tries to "avoid" sending ? Makes no sense. PayPal will certainly refund everyone, I would“t worry about that guys.
The only explanation I can think of is that the case hits were worth more than the case and she is trying to make a profit on it

SlimShady(srb)
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Makes sense Portlaw!

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Portlaw
Feb 1 2014, 06:49 PM
SlimShady(srb)
The only explanation I can think of is that the case hits were worth more than the case and she is trying to make a profit on it
She hasn't had the case though, it hasn't been sent to her.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Feb 1 2014, 06:58 PM
Portlaw
Feb 1 2014, 06:49 PM
SlimShady(srb)
She hasn't had the case though, it hasn't been sent to her.
In that case there is no reason as to why Lynette shouldn't give a refund, paypal will refund all your money back and then the debt collector on behalf of paypal will look for the money back from Lynette if it is not still in the account. Criminal action can be taken here, especially with the value in question over $1000, I've seen it happen over less

dimon1975-0820
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What do you think, how much more to wait before starting to withdraw money?
Day, three days?
Russia Moscow

Feedback
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6966617/1/#new

Bad trade: alves28

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I would hope lynette reads this and responds with full refunds to everyone involved to be honest without the need for anyone to take it further. The fact that she is not replying to messages from people or even attempting to defend herself in this topic is not doing her any favours.

ChOi
Member Avatar
Fernando Torres Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm involved in that problem too... I hope that we can have our money back.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Wishlist: Torres, Hazard, Futera...
Tradelist: Spanish cards, Futera, MA versions...

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
K-Schwein
Feb 1 2014, 10:30 PM
I bought something from lynette on ebay over the spring. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.... would never buy from her again. Here's the thread:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7057426/1/#new

I would stay away from this person. I don't even know what happened with the case break but 2 red flags is too many

Everyone who was screwed, if you paid by paypal file a chargeback with your CREDIT CARD Company you paid with via paypal. This always works as long it is within 45 days of the transaction and you didn't send the money as a "gift" option
Don't think thats the same person to be honest, that person is from Yorkshire, lynette is from Southampton about 250 miles away i'd guess.

lynette has been online again but not replied to message, not doing herself any favours.

lynettedoolin
100 Club
i have no idea about this someone has used my account and paypal im trying to find who sorry to anyone involved and if you still want the card i can work to find a solution with who ever sorted the break in the first place
trusted traders

suedehead84(x1)
monkey76(x1)
ethanbreds(x1)
bibster(x1)

ofb1988
Member Avatar
Rangers FC
Hi lynette.

If you dont know who used your account how can you find out who arranged the break?

id say the best thing to do is refund all payments and put the matter behind us all
My Completed Collections

Wishlist TRADELIST

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2013 · Next Topic »
Add Reply