Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Extra Checklist
Topic Started: Feb 25 2014, 11:22 AM (9,628 Views)
harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Well... I must say that I am rather underwhelmed.
No new signings section. The Mata card shown in the match attax magazine doesn't seem to exist. Apparently the cut off date was January 16th.
Game changers are also a let down. Some are mirror foil and some are just plain cards
Edited by harrodjon, Feb 25 2014, 01:36 PM.
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stevesmith
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jon can you attach it to the box break topic please.
TRADE LIST

harryl1878
Member Avatar
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Didn't Eto'o score a hat trick too?

And rubbish that a lot of the new signings aren't involved.
1428 different Everton cards... and counting

Wishlist - Tradelist - Feedback

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Quick breakdown:
Squad updates (non-foil) - 67 cards
Captains (non-foil) - 20 cards (1 per club)
Game Changers (foil & non-foil) - 40 cards (1 foil & 1 non-foil per club) - 1 in 2.2 packets
Star Signings (non-foil) - 10 cards
Managers (non-foil) - 6 cards
Man of the Match (rainbow foil) - 20 cards (1 per club) - 1 in 3.8 packs
Hat-Trick Hero (foil) - 2 cards - 1 in 16 packs
100 club (rainbow foil) - 1 card, Suarez 101 - 1 in 38 packs
Total of 166 cards (plus the signed Jack Wilshere)

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are the new signings included in the updates? I do like the game changer idea 1 shiny 1 not. Is Pantilimon included?, just curious

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
No new signings included in the update section. It does include Odemwingie (Cardiff) and Holtby (Tottenham) cards tho...
No Pantilimon either.

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
That sucks, but if your getting the info from the top picture could there be another part missing with new signings, or am I clutching at straws?

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
harrodjon
Feb 25 2014, 11:22 AM
Posted Image
Well... I must say that I am rather underwhelmed.
No new signings section. The Mata card shown in the match attax magazine doesn't seem to exist. Apparently the cut off date was January 16th.
Game changers are also a let down. Some are mirror foil and some are just plain cards
whats the point of putting up this photo as you cant read a word it says

safariman
101 Card
I think Topps are going to have to bounce back next season with a really good Extra collection as I think a lot of collectors will stay away from this one
Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Picture updated so that it is larger. And really, that is all of it

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Poor, rushed out collection.

Liam Ridgewell - Game Changer :angry Good job swearing is not allowed on here or I would give it both barrels. He's changed plenty of games for us, pity its allowing the other team to score :bum

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
I would say a lot of the "Game Changers" are questionable. I'm a Liverpool fan and Glen Johnson? Really? He's missed more games than he's played this season. Why not Sturridge or Coutinho?

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
this must be the worst set that topps have put out
match attax extra was all about the new signings and they have included 10 star signings cards
what a poor poor set
i really hope they lose the rights for the premier league and panini get it
i think they have spent most of there time on the world cup cards they are about to bring out but they are going to look awful with the other teams in there plain coloured shirts
topps need to have a big rethink and fast

safariman
101 Card
Couldn't agree more Caveboy - Panini go from strength to strength and Match Attax just get stuck in the same rut every collection - they will lose a lot of fans with this terrible collection
Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Typed out the checklist... Please let me know if there are any errors...

http://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/topps-match-attax-extra.html

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
If they wanted to do the World Cup cards what they should have done was what they did with the stickers, release the whole lot including game changers and captains etc. in September then for this year leave the Extra set out, it would be better than this.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Alan
Just the spelling of U59. Lewis Holtby.
If anyone wants to know which Game Changers or foil, they are as follows: Ramsey, Guzan, Caulker, Lampard, Puncheon, Lukaku, Berbatov, Huddlestone, Sterling, Aguero, Rooney, Remy, Redmond, Rodriguez, Begovic, Giaccherini, Shelvey, Lloris, Ridgewell and Morrison

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
harrodjon
Feb 25 2014, 03:32 PM
Alan
Just the spelling of U59. Lewis Holtby.
If anyone wants to know which Game Changers or foil, they are as follows: Ramsey, Guzan, Caulker, Lampard, Puncheon, Lukaku, Berbatov, Huddlestone, Sterling, Aguero, Rooney, Remy, Redmond, Rodriguez, Begovic, Giaccherini, Shelvey, Lloris, Ridgewell and Morrison
Jon,

Thanks, I've amended it. Can't believe theres only 1 typing error though.

I hope you don't mind, but I've added a note to the foil cards.

Alan

FootballCardsIN
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No Juan mata? I'm sure he's a star signing...

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh that's a disappointing effort Topps. Why the heck couldn't you have waited until February 1?

So for Fulham
Squad updates:
Kacaniklic (good, it was a bad decision to leave out of original collection)
Senderos (moved to Valencia end of January)
Riise (fair enough)
No Dan Burn :( (played every match since his loan at Birmingham City ended) nor David Stockdale (17 games this season)

Game changers
Scott Parker - yes, absolutely
Dimitar Berbatov - no! Game unchanger perhaps. Now at Monaco obviously

Star Signing
Clint Dempsey - hmmmm another who the game passes by. No card for record signing Kostas Mitroglou or Lewis Holtby ;) ?

Manager
Rene Meulensteen - well not at Fulham Circus any more but I don't blame Topps

Man of the Match
Maarten Stekelenburg - yeah sort of MotM, its all relative I suppose

Lewis Holtby in Spurs colours :doh

No John Heitinga, Ryan Tunnicliffe or William Kvist because they were all signed post 15 January

I'm not sure its worth collecting

Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
For a start, they are not in any of my local shops... shocking as Match At tax 13/14 was stocked two days before mainstream release. Terrible Topps.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
To be fair, the release date is Thursday and it's only Tuesday!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EthanB reds
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here are the problems I have picked up on:

1.No ACTUAL star signings- Mata, Mitroglou etc...
2. Only two HTH- didn't Eto'o score one?
3. Cabaye is a MOTM despite the fact he no longer plays for the club
4. How does Berbatov change the game for Fulham as he is the other side of the channel?

*SARCASM* But apart from all this it is an EXCELLENT collection! *SARCASM*
My Wishlist
My Tradelist
My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Page

Completed Collections: Champions League 09 10, Match Attax 12 13, Match Attax 13 14, Match Attax 13 14 Extra, Champions League Stickers 13 14, Match Attax 14 15

Player collections: Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson

Monkeyboy1972
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For West ham
Squad updates:
McCartney (Fair enough)
Cole (Obviously as signed later than set came out)
Vaz te (Played minimal games this season)
No Adrian despite playing most games this season

Game Changers:
Reid (been excellent thoroughly deserves it)
Morrison (Now at QPR, Hit and miss Noble deserves this spot way more)

Star signing:
R johnson (Dont make me laugh hes pathetic)

Man of the Match:
Jaaskelainen (played well till Adrian took over)

So no Adrian despite how well he has played this season
No Armero, Nocerino or Borriello despite being internationals for their country due to the stupid 15th January cut off point.

Whats the point in making a set if its only half finished?

KMoran28
Member Avatar
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Extremely poor effort from Topps. I have no complaints about the selection of Sunderland cards in the set but the quality really is shocking.... Way too rushed and will really have to book their ideas up for future collections as im moving further and further towards Adrenalyn Xl collections - much better quealith, value (and accuracy)

Per Mertesacker Game Changer EH?!?!
UK Based Collector

Feedback: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7161248/1/#new

Trade List: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7159664/1/?x=0#post8248876

Wishlist: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7161293/1/#new

Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrw7VG9ACY4DNuqC2ZY7WqQ

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Poor Extra collection and if the Match Attax England is just going to have a different back from the World Stars as we all presumed anyhow then Topps need to buck their ideas up or pass the mantle over to Panini for the Premier League rights.

ethan11
Member Avatar
Legend card
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What the there were two weeks of pics of te mata card ad its not even there

ethan11
Member Avatar
Legend card
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Will be buying packs in morning before school tell me if you would like to know who I get

NIAMHUSLFC07
Member Avatar
This is Anfield
So.. Where to start?

It's apparent Topps are rushing this so to focus on World Cup sets, but even so it's poor.

Speaking from a Liverpool perspective I'm delighted with Suarez HC but a few things -
- Aly Cissokho 4 stars and Jon Flanagan 3 stars? Should be the other way around and that's being generous! Cissokho is a 2 at best! Shows Topps give values/ratings based on name rather than performance.
- Johnson game changer? Oh my god what is it with Topps and their infatuation with him?! If he's not a MOTM it's this new card, and I just don't get it. He's been atrocious this season and if he's ever changed a game it's been negatively! Sterling I agree with but the other one should've been Henderson, or he could've been our MOTM.
Please view the thread of the Euro 2016 & Copa America Stickers I need and also my Euro 2016 & Copa America Sticker trades and PM me if you would like to trade!!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Arsenal Fan
Can't really argue with the Arsenal picks. Jenko has been ok so 3* seems fair enough. Gnabry probably deserves 4*, but looking at the other choices for other teams, I'd say we're lucky to even see him in the set. Bendtner is overated, he isn't better than Gnabry so I would swap the * rating for them personally. Sanogo could maybe have been Miyaichi, but I can see why he's been included and the * rating seems fair.

I would have gone for Flamini and Koscielny as Game Changers and Ramsey as MOTM. Ozil has been average since October and Koscielny is a better CB than BFG, but both are good, so it's not too poor a decision.

Anyway, the whole checklist is stupidly poor and it really makes me think that the people behind the choices for this collection have little/no idea of the Premier League. I don't collect these sets anymore and I don't think I will until Panini get the contract or Topps improve their collections.
My Trade List
My Wishlist
My Feedback

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i think david moyes has hade a say in the set as he destroying everthing at the moment

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Very dissapointed with set and i just hope the world cup set will see topps redeem themselves as some of choices they have made are rediculous! Started breaking one of four boxes this evening and will try to finish the others tomorrow but i am dissapointed in the effort topps have made, as i thought the main collection was oneof the best they have produced for some time!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Toby
From seeing the World Cup checklist, I don't think they will redeem themselves with that. I don't know how they can justify any team having only 2 cards! Apart the England players, I feel that is also a poor effort.
Maybe Topps should just hand production over to their American team. Premier Gold wasn't perfect, but a mass market retail version would work

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Very interesting tweet from Topps...
"Juan Mata will be available with the new Match Attax Extra collection in a promotion to be announced"

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
harrodjon
Feb 26 2014, 12:38 PM
Very interesting tweet from Topps...
"Juan Mata will be available with the new Match Attax Extra collection in a promotion to be announced"
Yeah, that was in reply to my moan at them last night :clap

MyTopps ‏@MyTopps 8m

@wbastav Juan Mata will be available with the new Match Attax Extra collection in a promotion to be announced

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I laughed out loud when they tweeted me that response!

I wonder how many more new signings will be in the promotion? So they expect people to buy packs that don't have the new signings in and then do a promotion which I am guessing will be a newspaper promo, to get jagged edged versions as it was an after thought...
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just seems odd they don't wait a couple of weeks until the end of the transfer window 'til they finalise the lists
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Not doing themselves any favours this year, poor Extra collection, poor World Stars collection to be followed by an identical Match Attax England collection (with different coloured backs no doubt !!).

From a company well known for trading cards over the years they are shocking here. Maybe they need a few people to transfer from Topps in the US to help them back on track over here or start asking collectors opinions on things from time to time and actually listening to them.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Topps US produce some really good cards. Topps Europe should let the US department produce the cards and then just overlay the game element themselves afterwards

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
Right my local shop had them out today, so I got it not much to say really very dissapointing no Mata or Squad updates for likes of Stockdale, Pantilimon Burn etc the Limited Edition I got is gold Yaya Toure still could have done much MUCH better.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply