Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Extra Checklist
Topic Started: Feb 25 2014, 11:22 AM (9,744 Views)
harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Well... I must say that I am rather underwhelmed.
No new signings section. The Mata card shown in the match attax magazine doesn't seem to exist. Apparently the cut off date was January 16th.
Game changers are also a let down. Some are mirror foil and some are just plain cards
Edited by harrodjon, Feb 25 2014, 01:36 PM.
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
What they should do is one year they give equal Premier League rights to Panini and Match attax for that season, then who ever does better gets the rights for the next five or ten years whichever years then do it again etc etc.

Cescfan1
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dissapointed with this set-will be selling once completed.
Ozil MOTM? Really? Jaaskelainen? He's not even first choice goalkeeper at West Ham? And De Gea as well...

And I don't quite understand the logic behind the 'Mata tweet'. If topps are bringing out signings that aren't on my checklist... I'm not even guna go there.
Arsenal 'til I die

My Feedback

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As a West Ham fan I agree totally with Cescfan1 Jaaskelainen hasn't been a first choice keeper for West Ham for a few months if this had only just happened I wouldn't have minded. And one more thing - correct me if I'm wrong - Adrian (West Ham's new 1st choice keeper) doesn't have a card in this set?
Youtube name: matchattaxguy11

Link for my channel: Youtube channel

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh and to finish my rant, Roger Johnson star signing? More like Noccerino, well I'm done for now :)

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

Cescfan1
Member Avatar
Signature Card
matchattaxguy1
Feb 26 2014, 07:00 PM
As a West Ham fan I agree totally with Cescfan1 Jaaskelainen hasn't been a first choice keeper for West Ham for a few months if this had only just happened I wouldn't have minded. And one more thing - correct me if I'm wrong - Adrian (West Ham's new 1st choice keeper) doesn't have a card in this set?
Adrian is probably part one if the cards like mata, not on the checklist but release him and not tell anyone is a good idea :rofl
Arsenal 'til I die

My Feedback

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Where to put this player in your already completed or almost completed binder? Move everybody up a place? :clap :fing

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It would be nice if Topps entered into a dialogue on this forum.

As a new user could old hands tell me: in your opinion do Topps use this for monitoring their customers? Do they undertake any other customer research you know about it?
Edited by Renko, Feb 26 2014, 08:46 PM.
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

Cescfan1
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Renko
Feb 26 2014, 08:46 PM
It would be nice if Topps entered into a dialogue on this forum.<br /><br />As a new user could old hands tell me: in your opinion do Topps use this for monitoring their customers? Do they undertake any other customer research you know about it?
Topps monitor this forum because once I found out some info and posted it and they told me to take it down
Arsenal 'til I die

My Feedback

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel that even if Topps monitor this forum they don't seem to do much about it. If you are reading this Topps CHANGE!

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Renko

As a new user could old hands tell me: in your opinion do Topps use this for monitoring their customers? Do they undertake any other customer research you know about it?
topps dont care about the fans all they care about is money
hope they lose the rights to panini sooner the better in my apinion

UKBasedCollector
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
caveboydave
Feb 26 2014, 10:27 PM
Renko

topps dont care about the fans all they care about is money
hope they lose the rights to panini sooner the better in my apinion
AMEN to that caveboydave!
Topps are continually giving us inferior products while maximising profits.

Topps spend so much ('s) in securing the lucrative rights for the Premier League and official license from The FA it appears they have very little left in their budget to actually research, plan and produce a quality product.

I doubt the staff in Topps' UK editorial team have even followed the Premier League campaign this season judging by their selections (or should that be lack of selections) for the MA Extra 13/14 collection! And to underline how lazy Topps UK have got they have even copied the "Game Changers" moniker from Panini.

Some have said Topps have rushed this collection. More like they can't be bothered.

Poor show from Topps UK editorial team (again!) to say the least.

Edited by UKBasedCollector, Feb 27 2014, 12:25 AM.
Trading Feedback

My Wishlist

My Tradelist

chris.jlee
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have to be honest, I just bought the starter pack and the inclusion of a single pack of cards, a 5 card preview pack at that, is a little disappointing especially having parted with the best part of four quid.
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Don't forget the extra you had to pay for that cardboard squad box...

chris.jlee
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep, definitely got my moneys worth there then.
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
Full mistake run through:
No new signings
Squad updates
Cardiff Odemwingie(moved to Stoke)
Chelsea Essien(moved to Milan)
Palace Jerome(not a 4 star 3 pushing it)
Fulham Senderos(loaned to valencia)
........No Stockdale
........No Burn
Liverpool Cissokho(not 4 star,3 star)
.....Flanagan(should be 4 star)
Man City no Pantilimon
Man Utd Smalling not 5 star
....... Valencia not 5 star
Spurs Holtby loaned to Fulham
West Ham no Adrian
GAME CHANGERS
Arsenal Mertersacker really?
Villa Guzan no
Fulham Berbatov loaned to Monaco
Liverpool Johnson not a regular
West Brom Redgewell?
West Ham Morrison loaned to QPR
STAR SIGNING
Fulham should be Mitrigolou
West Ham Johnson your having a laugh
MANAGER
Fulham Mulensteen not their fault for a change

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Some ratings will always be controversial. And almost all the other things you list are purely due to the stupidly early cut off date given to this collection. The fact that Topps are planning to release "Promotional" cards with new signings just shows how seriously they treat collectors

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
If I missed anything just say so,I wish Topps would do better I've always prefered them to Panini I think Topps design all of their cards looked class I just think if they did better with ratings(its like all they know of football they get from the FIFA 10 ie. Glen Johnson etc) game and get rid of the little boxes with 1 on 1 stats that have no bearing on the game as it's too cluttered and just do proper folders other than that I love their cards the card design is always the best.

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Agreed and as a West Ham fan a lot of mistakes for my club

Posted Image

Trade List
Wishlist

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
harrodjon
Feb 27 2014, 05:23 PM
Some ratings will always be controversial. And almost all the other things you list are purely due to the stupidly early cut off date given to this collection. The fact that Topps are planning to release "Promotional" cards with new signings just shows how seriously they treat collectors

Exactly! It's like their holding us to ransom!

UKBasedCollector
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Star Signing cards look a bit suspect of being cut and paste jobs.

Why are there not numbers on the players shorts of McGeady, Jonas, Jelavic, Holt Guidetti, Matic? etc.. It is because they have been photoshopped off!

The players' heads don't match their respective bodies.

It appears Grant Holt's face has been photoshopped onto the body of Ron Vlaar.
Trading Feedback

My Wishlist

My Tradelist

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thought that (the vlaar thing) definitely not acceptable.

how to exclusion crisis such bad quality stuff is on demand to mum

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
If they thought this would be good enough they shouldn't have bothered with an Extra set this year.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's just an....inexplicable set. Why not wait 2 weeks and put out accurate cards? Holtby at Spurs? Odemwingie at Cardiff? Fabio at Utd? Berbatov....Senderos....Essien? Dempsey a star signing when he's already gone again?

At least it's only 166 cards (as far as I can see?) so it'll be easy to pick up off the bay of e...
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I can't believe they included Jose Campana for Palace. Nice kid, but he barely played for us and his last appearance was I believe the 21st October. He went off to Nurnberg on loan (to get some games) for the rest of the season in January.

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm always surprised about the cards that have been photoshopped, although it's even the case with the Premier Gold set
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Only just seen the comments about there being updates with a promotion for New Signing cards and surely topps are just shooting themselves in the foot and creating more work for themselves by then having to organize a promotion and having to make more new cards!
I would guess along with Mata there would also be Shane Long, Mohamed Salah, Ryan Bertrand, Lacina Traore and Antonio Nocerino on a sheet of 6 cards and then there are still plenty more other signings that would miss out still like Marco Borrellio etc. so surely there would have to be a fair few sheets over 4 or 5 days?!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Topps use photoshop cards in every match attax set so that they can produce the cards before the player has actually played. Some are more obvious than others.
I know they wanted to get this set out early so it didn't clash with the England set. But world stars was released before extra. They could easily have released the England set at the same time (seeing as it no different) and then released Extra in late March as usual. No?

Big Red
Member Avatar
Captain
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just one question when is Topps contract with the FA up?

CardSwapper1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Very very poor by Topps, No new signings is a joke! Must be the first extra set without them. All Everton cards in the set seem to be okay. Naismith, Stones and Oviedo SU, McGeady SS with Lukaku and Barkley as game changers. Coleman MOTM (Should be after his amazing form this year) Only real fault I can say for Everton's side is not including Joel in it. Made 2 appearances when Howard got sent off. No Hibbert in the set either. Must be the first ever time Tony Hibbert has been left out of a MA set

UKBasedCollector
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
harrodjon
Feb 27 2014, 09:25 PM
Topps use photoshop cards in every match attax set so that they can produce the cards before the player has actually played. Some are more obvious than others.
I know they wanted to get this set out early so it didn't clash with the England set. But world stars was released before extra. They could easily have released the England set at the same time (seeing as it no different) and then released Extra in late March as usual. No?
There is no two ways about it. Topps photoshopping players is wrong for so many reasons. They have done this for a number of years now and is thoroughly unprofessional. Have come to expect nothing less from Topps.
Trading Feedback

My Wishlist

My Tradelist

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply