Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
new match attax extra cards in motd mag mata & hazard hth
Topic Started: Mar 10 2014, 01:16 PM (4,458 Views)
caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
just seen on facebook that in tomorrows 11th march match of the day magazine there is going to be 18 match attax extra cards with a picture of mata and hazard hat tick hero cards

it says this
Exciting stuff for all ‪#‎MatchAttax‬ fans – there will be 18 awesome Match Attax Extra cards available in this week’s Match of the Day Magazine, look out for new signings like Juan Mata.

Watch this space for more info….
Edited by caveboydave, Mar 10 2014, 01:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the information caveboydave thats brilliant news! I look forward to going out and buying a few copies!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

CardSwapper1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Hope they manage to fit an Everton player in but I doubt it :(

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
No cards at all included with todays MOTD mag. I bet they are doing one of those rip off £5 issues where the cards are included!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yet another let down from Topps... Seems like a regular thing
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

davowls
101 Card
no match attax cards at all in todays match of the day mag

davowls
101 Card
the new extra cards will be in match of the day mag special issue out tommorow

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This is what they say - you have to buy 3 magazines to get all 3 sheets....

My Topps

Hi there, thanks for your comments. We'd like to confirm that there will be a sheet of 6 exclusive Match Attax Extra player cards available in the MOTD QUIZ SPECIAL, which comes out tomorrow (Wed 12th March). This special-edition MOTD magazine and a sheet of 6 exclusive cards will come in a polybag. There are three different sheets of cards that can be found, each featuring 6 different exclusive cards (so there are 18 exclusive cards that can be discovered in total). Each issue of the QUIZ SPECIAL will feature one of the three sheets of exclusive cards. Also inside each polybag will be 2 packets of Match Attax Extra cards. Thanks

In a polybag - probably wont be able to see the sheets. Rip-off.....

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Does anyone expect any different from Topps lately ? shocking money grabbing attitude which further pushes them away from customers especially those with more than 1 child who all want each card individually at a time when families are on limited budgets already. Disgraceful to be honest.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Totally agree Phil.

The magazine will cost £2.99, so if you want a full set it's going to set you back £9!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
And that's only if you can tell which sheet you are getting before you open it. You could buy 3 and get 3 copies of the same sheet... Typical Topps

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I know, but I am sure enough people on here will have them to be able to trade for ones they need.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Very true, but not quite the point I was trying to make. Think of all the people that collect and don't use the forum. Topps should have just included all the cards in the collection in the first place

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
especially when they used the Mata card to promote the collection in the first place

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I agree Jon, I was just speaking from a forum point of view in that people on here shouldn't have to spend more than £9 to get all 3 sheets as we can trade. It's terrible that Topps do things like this when people want to complete the full set and of course there will be people out there buying the magazine who have never heard of the forum.

Bad form all round for the Extra set.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Makes you wonder which cards they will do this for with Match Attax England. Remember the Gerrard card from Euro 2012?

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
So its going to cost me £36 to get 4 copies of each sheet so thats ( 2 cuts out for me and Harrys albums and the others to keep complete as i normally do)
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Thats if you can see whats inside !!

EthanB reds
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is an absolute disgrace!!!
My Wishlist
My Tradelist
My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Page

Completed Collections: Champions League 09 10, Match Attax 12 13, Match Attax 13 14, Match Attax 13 14 Extra, Champions League Stickers 13 14, Match Attax 14 15

Player collections: Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Honest? Fing Topps.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Picked up 6 Magazines from WH Smiths this evening in London and you CAN see the different sheets at the front, unfortunately they only had 6 out so will have to pick up another 6 tomorrow but there was fortunately two of eahc different one! The packets also aren't bad value for money inside as in 2 of the 6 packets i have opened so far i have pulled 2 MOTM cards
Here are scans of the 3 sheets:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

So here is the list:
EX1 Ryan Bertrand SS
EX2 Kenwyne Jones SS
EX3 Wilfried Zaha SS
EX4 Mohamed Salah SS
EX5 Eden Hazard HTH
EX6 Samuel Eto'o HTH
EX7 Scott Dann SS
EX8 Tom Ince SS
EX9 Joe Ledley SS
EX10 Lacina Traore SS
EX11 Joh Heitinga SS
EX12 William Kvist SS
EX13 Kostas Mitroglou SS
EX14 Shane Long SS
EX15 Juan Mata SS
EX16 Luuk De Jong SS
EX17 Liam Bridcutt SS
EX18 Antonio Nocerino SS
Trade List Wishlist

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@ Tankerton1

Two Cardiff City cards - amazing.

Would you mind if I use your scans on my blog? It'll save me having to scan them tomorrow.

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

ethan11
Member Avatar
Legend card
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Will be getting in morning think Ive gotta get Zaha and hazard sheet

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan, please feel free to use them it is fine by me
Regards
Toby
Trade List Wishlist

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Mar 11 2014, 08:12 PM
Alan, please feel free to use them it is fine by me
Regards
Toby

Thanks Toby.

Alan

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
glad there's no Liverpool
no need to pay out

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
3 new Palace cards (Ince, Ledley and Dann), all 3 were January signings, and if they'd have waited a few weeks they could have included them in the normal Extra set, leaving out the likes of Campana, who left Palace in January!!

Annoyingly, it is one Palace card on each of the 3 sheets!

My wife works in WH Smiths and if they were just sellotaped to the front of a mag, I'd get them free when the mags are returned.

However these are in a polybag, and no way I'm spending £9 to get the 3 (perforated) cards, so it'll be evil-bay for me in the next day or 2!
Edited by Dorking, Mar 11 2014, 08:45 PM.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Quick warning to members not to expect the sheets in perfect condition they can be bent and have creases between the cards so if you do want the sheets in mint condition then choose wisely rather than just pick the first one up off of the shelves.
Trade List Wishlist

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Mar 11 2014, 08:54 PM
Quick warning to members not to expect the sheets in perfect condition they can be bent and have creases between the cards so if you do want the sheets in mint condition then choose wisely rather than just pick the first one up off of the shelves.
That's good advice, thanks Toby. I'll be buying two each of the sheets including the Cardiff City players.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
So is it 1 sheet and 1 sealed pack of cards with the magazine? 11 cards in total?

ethan11
Member Avatar
Legend card
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No 2 sealed packs

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@harrodjon no its 2 packets of 5 cards and 1 sheet! sorry my earlier post mentioning me opening six packs may have confused you as i had only opened half the packets from the magazines, sorry if that was the case!
Trade List Wishlist

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
That's ok. Just trying to work out what sort of value it was. It seems that it's better value than having 1 pack with the regular MOTD mag.
I still don't agree with Topps doing it, but at least they've tried to soften the blow a bit.
Are they barcoded packs or marked as promotional? I'm guessing the promo packs have no chance of pulling a signed Wilshere

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
They were all marked as promotional packets but some of this hits in them weren't bad. A foil game changer in each one and then in 3 of the 12 i opened there was a MOTM card at the back of the packet as well as there being a foil game changer inside. I very much doubt that they will have put the Wilshere's in the promotional packets
Trade List Wishlist

Monkeyboy1972
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
so still only 1 west ham....

ethan11
Member Avatar
Legend card
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just got the mag packs were a rip off as both contained same shiny but otherwise preety cool

EU_collector
i-card
[ *  * ]
Quite some people moaning about Topps in this topic. I don't really understand why. If you are not happy with how they operate, then don't buy their stuff. No one is forcing you to collect every single card, as no one is forcing families on limited budgets with more than 1 child. And have you ever thought about collectors from other countries, where Topps happily distributes their UK version of Match Attax, for whom it is almost impossible to lay hands on all these cards that only come out in the UK?

As far as I know, the MOTD magazine is not owned by Topps. The same goes for other media through which Topps cards were distributed this year. So is Topps gonna earn a lot of money from this? I doubt it very much. This is just their way of promoting their sets.

I like how they make special cards available through various channels, it makes collecting fun and doesn't limit people to just buying and opening packets.

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
EU_collector
Mar 12 2014, 07:45 AM
Quite some people moaning about Topps in this topic. I don't really understand why. If you are not happy with how they operate, then don't buy their stuff. No one is forcing you to collect every single card, as no one is forcing families on limited budgets with more than 1 child. And have you ever thought about collectors from other countries, where Topps happily distributes their UK version of Match Attax, for whom it is almost impossible to lay hands on all these cards that only come out in the UK?

As far as I know, the MOTD magazine is not owned by Topps. The same goes for other media through which Topps cards were distributed this year. So is Topps gonna earn a lot of money from this? I doubt it very much. This is just their way of promoting their sets.

I like how they make special cards available through various channels, it makes collecting fun and doesn't limit people to just buying and opening packets.
I don't think that this is the point. The point seems to be that every card that has been released this way should have been in the initial set. But Topps decided to rush out the set 2 weeks early (Probably due to Panini launching Adrenalyn World Cup) and therefore were unable to include all the new signings. In the process, they also included players at a club they have since left.
The point of Match Attax Extra is that it includes January signings, along with other updates. This years original collection included just 10 such players. With the MOTD sheets, this is an extra 16 new signings that weren't included and don't have a place in the binder.
Speaking of the binder, I have 3 spaces left (after inserting the Mata/Wilshere Sun promo cards). To fit 17 cards into... This means I will have to reorganise my binder so that cards a double faced and I will then have an almost half empty binder.

Topps have just gone massively downhill. This years main Match Attax collection was quite good. Extra, World Stars & England are all very sub-standard and they need to take notice before people stop buying.

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So Match Attax Extra Extra has 3 Fulham players spread across 3 different sheets. That means I will be buying 3 magazines for Renko Jr. and 3 magazines for the household Fulham album :help . I am not collecting this absolute shambles of a Extra collection, otherwise it would be 9 magazines. And all because Topps rushed a substandard collection onto the market before the majority of the transfer window signings were made.

Of the 3 Fulham players Kostas Mitroglou is definitely photoshopped; he has played one match in the home shirt and wore short sleeves. Its likely John Heitinga is also photoshopped as I cannot remember (and cannot imagine!!) him wearing long sleeves. They both have distinctive arm tattoos.

Finally if any foreign Match Attax collector wants to trade these sheets for Adrenalyn World Cup 2014 limited editions / European versions of England team cards please PM me!
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Addendum to my last post; no Lewis Holtby new signing card in the Extra Extra cards, wtf?!?! He's clearly a significant signing.

Oh yes, Holtby is resplendent in Spurs kit in the Extra :fing
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply